Holstered dog (resized).jpg
DSC_6481 (resized).JPG
20240331_142327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4244 (resized).jpg
IMG_7813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7708 (resized).jpeg
German Shepard has a gun and refuses to take medications.pdf (PDF preview)
20200912_140005 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 43.
#901 4 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

https://www.targetsportsusa.com is a good one but like many places, inventory fairly well depleted. I have received a back in stock e-mail for some synthetic jacket 9mm for steel matches and both times it was wiped out before I could log on. It's a bit pricey and kind of purpose specific so the locusts must be grabbing anything below a certain price point that isn't nailed down.

Targetsports is fine if you never have to use their customer service. Their service matches their prices. Absolute turd of a human on the other end of the phone line if your order is wrong and you must contact them. They also will leave things off your order if they say they have it and wind up not having it when they pull your order. I'll go dig lead out of the berm before I ever give them another dime.

#902 4 years ago

After waiting over a year since I submitted my paperwork to the Civilian Marksmanship Program, I finally got the call. Received a very nice 'service grade' 1943 Ithaca m1911a1.

IMG_9148 (resized).JPGIMG_9148 (resized).JPGIMG_9149 (resized).JPGIMG_9149 (resized).JPGIMG_9150 (resized).JPGIMG_9150 (resized).JPG
#903 4 years ago

So a friend wants her first gun. She's debating between a Sig P365 and a Ruger LC9. I haven't fired either of them. What would you suggest? I told her to go with the XD(which is what I have).

#904 4 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

So a friend wants her first gun. She's debating between a Sig P365 and a Ruger LC9. I haven't fired either of them. What would you suggest? I told her to go with the XD(which is what I have).

The 365 is an amazing gun. The trigger is excellent for a striker fired gun. It holds 10 rounds or 12 with the extended mag. Much better firearm than the LC9.

That being said she should 100% try either before she buys. These are small guns and their recoil is substantial. If she intends on carrying the gun then she is limited to smaller guns but if she does not intend to carry she should consider full size pistols with less recoil.

#905 4 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

The 365 is an amazing gun. The trigger is excellent for a striker fired gun. It holds 10 rounds or 12 with the extended mag. Much better firearm than the LC9.
That being said she should 100% try either before she buys. These are small guns and their recoil is substantial. If she intends on carrying the gun then she is limited to smaller guns but if she does not intend to carry she should consider full size pistols with less recoil.

Great advise... Highly recommend finding a range that rents guns and decide after she shoots each.

#906 4 years ago

Trade for pinball machine...can I say that? Deleted it if not.

39774A97-8A1A-4F52-AAE5-709791415817 (resized).jpeg39774A97-8A1A-4F52-AAE5-709791415817 (resized).jpegF5EB8386-8C77-426A-84E1-1BB116E05081 (resized).jpegF5EB8386-8C77-426A-84E1-1BB116E05081 (resized).jpeg
#907 4 years ago

I was able to get some shooting done at my farm last weekend. Rang steel out to 300 yards. Very satisfying!! .300wm knocked the plate over more than once...

20200324_145808.jpg20200324_145808.jpg20200324_151123.jpg20200324_151123.jpg20200324_150718.jpg20200324_150718.jpg
#908 4 years ago

I was able to get some shooting done at my farm last weekend. Rang steel out to 300 yards. Very satisfying!! .300wm knocked the plate over more than once...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

must be sweet to have land like that, especially these days

#909 4 years ago

Looking at this thread from an OPSEC point of view, I can only shake my head.

#910 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Targetsports is fine if you never have to use their customer service. Their service matches their prices. Absolute turd of a human on the other end of the phone line if your order is wrong and you must contact them. They also will leave things off your order if they say they have it and wind up not having it when they pull your order. I'll go dig lead out of the berm before I ever give them another dime.

Thanks for the warning - I have been fortunate in never getting a bad ammo order from anywhere (not that I buy that much). In the "good old days" you could attend Knob Creek and clean up on ammo buys for a long time in person as the prices were @ or below anything online + no shipping unless you felt like floating a mule driver a few $ for hauling your goods to the parking lot.

#911 4 years ago

If you ever get a chance to shoot a Kahr PM9/CM9...don't pass it up. I am really impressed at how it does not snap in my hand as much as other small 9's. Talon grips also help absorb and control some of the recoil as well. Virtually the same size as an LCPII, but in a 9mm instead of .380.

#912 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Very timely approval.
[quoted image]

Whatca got there... some kind of fancy fuel filter?

#913 4 years ago

I chose the P365sas. Great gun. I like the feel over the LC9. Just my vote.

#914 4 years ago
Quoted from Pugsley:

Whatca got there... some kind of fancy fuel filter?

Oil filter, slim style.

1 month later
#915 3 years ago

Went in to pickup my transfer and looked over in the "consignment" case.
That's always a mistake....
My first .454 Casull. Sweet!

FullSizeRender (resized).jpegFullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-6 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-6 (resized).jpeg

#916 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Very nice.
Looks brand new.

#917 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Mine kicks like a mule, but I love it. I do some hand loads with 250 grain XTP`s. That tames it a bit.

#918 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Very timely approval.
[quoted image]

Just under 7 months for my first...

IMG_2570[1] (resized).JPGIMG_2570[1] (resized).JPG
#919 3 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

That was fast, especially during this craziness. Mine seemed to get longer every time.

#920 3 years ago
Quoted from JIM_Z:

[quoted image]

I’ve waited as little as 3 months and as many as 15 for a can to get out of jail. I really miss the eFile for building an SBR!

#921 3 years ago

My first took about 14 months (picked up last fall). On site paperwork filed for the next one and that arrived as soon as they started cancelling large gatherings this spring. Had USPS drop it off for me.

#922 3 years ago

Time for some social distancing at the local range.

FullSizeRender (resized).jpegFullSizeRender (resized).jpeg

#923 3 years ago

Anyone in the market for a SR7.62? Topped with a Mil dot Nikon Prostaff 4x12. CMC 2 stage 2.5lb trigger. Great shooter

#924 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Time for some social distancing at the local range.
[quoted image]

I have become a total HK fanboy. Waiting for my Mark 23 to arrive. While ordering picked up a USC.

HK usc (resized).jpegHK usc (resized).jpeg
#925 3 years ago

An MP5 wasn't coming my way anytime soon so I scratched an itch. PC Charger in 9mm

IMG_1347 (resized).jpgIMG_1347 (resized).jpg
#926 3 years ago

Did someone say MP5?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#927 3 years ago

Available if anyone is interested.

20200526_125526 (resized).jpg20200526_125526 (resized).jpg
#928 3 years ago

Oddball question: is the KRISS Vector sold out everywhere? Sure is for Minnesota as far as I can tell. Not sure if they just don't make as many, or they are hot sellers.

#929 3 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Oddball question: is the KRISS Vector sold out everywhere? Sure is for Minnesota as far as I can tell. Not sure if they just don't make as many, or they are hot sellers.

https://www.silencercentral.com/products/kriss-vector-gen-ii-sbr/

A little more pricey and a little more waiting if you don't mind.

#930 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Never had the opportunity for fire one, is it any good or just a gimmick?

#931 3 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Never had the opportunity for fire one, is it any good or just a gimmick?

Depends if you want an SBR or not. Portability wise it's a LOT more friendly to move around or carry.

You get what you pay for I've fired one once and enjoyed it. Definitely doesn't feel cheap.

#932 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Price seems alright. However, having a rifle delivered to my door without a signature just seems like the jackpot to porch pirates.

I would feel a lot safer picking it up at a store.

#933 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I’ve always wanted one of these. Isn’t there a stamp for it being an sbr?

#934 3 years ago

You get an SBR stamp plus a suppressor stamp if you want it as it should be.

#935 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I’ve always wanted one of these. Isn’t there a stamp for it being an sbr?

Yes $200 per Class 3 device

#936 3 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Price seems alright. However, having a rifle delivered to my door without a signature just seems like the jackpot to porch pirates.
I would feel a lot safer picking it up at a store.

That may not apply to SBRs only suppressors. They are delivered into your mailbox via USPS.

#937 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

That may not apply to SBRs only suppressors. They are delivered into your mailbox via USPS.

i have never had a suppressor delivered to my door. Once approved, you still have to fill out an application with the receiving dealer.

#938 3 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

i have never had a suppressor delivered to my door. Once approved, you still have to fill out an application with the receiving dealer.

If it's a subsequent device they will just amend the trust the first was written on (assuming it was done that way) and then you can docusign your paperwork. This is how I received my second from them. Pick up in show was my first choice but show was canceled this spring due to COVID19

#939 3 years ago

There is a process for delivery to your door for any transfer exempt from NICS and in-state but it's not very practical for most people. If you are getting any firearms delivered to your door outside that (other than repairs to/from a licensee) the business selling it to you is applying their own laws and regulations. No exemptions for legal entities.

https://www.atf.gov/resource-center/docs/guide/atf-procedure-2013-2/download

#940 3 years ago

So how is it shooting the kris?

#941 3 years ago

Everyone rest better tonight knowing there are a few less Zombies roaming the streets.

IMG_8520 (resized).jpegIMG_8520 (resized).jpeg

#942 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

So how is it shooting the kris?

I enjoyed it. I've never owned one but based on my experience I wouldn't pass one up for the right price.

The proper sights will make/break your experience I'm sure. Just like most everything else.

#943 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I enjoyed it. I've never owned one but based on my experience I wouldn't pass one up for the right price.
The proper sights will make/break your experience I'm sure. Just like most everything else.

I've always wanted one due to the design and think it is very innovative and would be easier to put on target due to little muzzle rise. I've also been looking at the Stribog.

#944 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

I've always wanted one due to the design and think it is very innovative and would be easier to put on target due to little muzzle rise. I've also been looking at the Stribog.

I picked this 10mm carbine up a couple years ago, it is fun to shoot but a little heavy.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#945 3 years ago

that is awesome looking. did it come painted that way? the barrel removable?

#946 3 years ago

It looked like this when I bought it and then had it cerakoted.
It has a barrel shroud covering the 16" barrel (factory) which is removable but honestly it looks ridiculous without it

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#947 3 years ago

that is awesome. I want either the pistol with the folding brace or that Stribog is looking oh so tempting too.

#948 3 years ago
Quoted from Bax1:

that is awesome. I want either the pistol with the folding brace or that Stribog is looking oh so tempting too.

That Stribog looks really cool! Hard to beat the price.

#949 3 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

That Stribog looks really cool! Hard to beat the price.

Picked up a Stribog about two weeks ago. Been very happy. Priced right and very accurate. This is a gen 2. The Pistol Caliber Carbine are so much fun to shoot. I also have a CZ Evo 3 and like that one slightly better. Either one is a great choice.
B44AE3F0-1537-406A-8894-99C71B629152 (resized).jpegB44AE3F0-1537-406A-8894-99C71B629152 (resized).jpeg

#950 3 years ago

Gun sales should be fantastic right now.

There are 2,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-and-target-hobbyiest-and-enthusiats-club/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.