Holstered dog (resized).jpg
DSC_6481 (resized).JPG
20240331_142327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4244 (resized).jpg
IMG_7813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7708 (resized).jpeg
German Shepard has a gun and refuses to take medications.pdf (PDF preview)
20200912_140005 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 43.
#801 4 years ago

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, comfortable, concealment holster for a Glock G30? It's a compact 45 but its still a lot bulkier than the ease of carrying my Sig p238. I've used a swap rig which is ok but I'm looking for something better. Inner preferred.Thanks

#802 4 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, comfortable, concealment holster for a Glock G30? It's a compact 45 but its still a lot bulkier than the ease of carrying my Sig p238. I've used a swap rig which is ok but I'm looking for something better. Inner preferred.Thanks

Give alien gear a try. They are made in the USA and have a great, money back guarantee.

I have several and I’m very happy with them.

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

A Fobus GL4 works with a G21 or G30. I also have hand made custom pancake holster for my G30.

#804 4 years ago

Crossbreed is nice for a G30.

#805 4 years ago

I’d call Allegiant Holster Co and see what they can do. They made a custom holster for my FX19.

#806 4 years ago

You semi-auto people you.

Just put in a Sticky and forget it's even there.

FullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpeg

#807 4 years ago

S&W 641

8B52814D-A834-459A-9456-AA6CB5A22D58 (resized).jpeg8B52814D-A834-459A-9456-AA6CB5A22D58 (resized).jpeg
#808 4 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

You semi-auto people you.
Just put in a Sticky and forget it's even there.
[quoted image]

I love my little 5 shot S&W as well. For carry I want a .45, that is what I trained with. That is what I like. I mean what you wear, needs your trust and your skill to use. Like Ford/Chevy... It is what works for you. Most importantly what can you make work should you need it. Hopefully nobody ever needs a it.

#809 4 years ago

Thanks for the holster recommendations. I do have a Crimson Trace Rail master Pro on it too.

It's bedside security along with my Remington 870 Police Magnum

#810 4 years ago

I use a sticky for my pocket gun.

20191230_070042 (resized).jpg20191230_070042 (resized).jpg

#811 4 years ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Short barrel rifles, suppressors, etc. My previous hobby before pinball.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Took our Vector out yesterday

20191229_114518 (resized).jpg20191229_114518 (resized).jpg
#812 4 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I have tried a lot of different holsters for various guns and I keep coming back to crossbreed. The Alien Gear is too bulky in my opinion.

1 week later
#813 4 years ago

If anyone is thinking about getting into 80% AR receivers I can 100% recommend 5d tactical’s system. A router and their jig system and you can be a pro.

D92C9C09-24CA-42CB-9F83-6502FDA50C5F (resized).pngD92C9C09-24CA-42CB-9F83-6502FDA50C5F (resized).pngE5790405-A7F2-4E1B-876D-F35C1FC7FD30 (resized).jpegE5790405-A7F2-4E1B-876D-F35C1FC7FD30 (resized).jpeg
#814 4 years ago

YES.

4.25" and 6".

I'll probably get one of each.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#815 4 years ago

Not Approved in CA

#816 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

YES.
4.25" and 6".
I'll probably get one of each.
[quoted image]

Woah! Don't be doing this to me. I'm already pushing the big D with pinball hobby.

#817 4 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

If anyone is thinking about getting into 80% AR receivers I can 100% recommend 5d tactical’s system. A router and their jig system and you can be a pro.[quoted image][quoted image]

Are you using an end mill in your router?

#818 4 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

Are you using an end mill in your router?

Yes their system uses a replaceable end mill in a special tool holder. The quality of the jig is unsurpassed.

https://www.5dtactical.com/ar-15-80-lower-jig-p/5d-jig15.htm

#819 4 years ago

I have the 80% arms jig, which is also very well made, Just make sure you only step 1/16" per pass, use oil and vacuum the chips out frequently, and you will get a perfect lower. Also, wear long sleeves throw an old sheet down around the entire area you are working. Those sticky slivers are usually pointy, get everywhere and are a pain to clean up.

If you can finish one of these, you can do the P80 Glock frames in your sleep.

#820 4 years ago

I figured I'd try this thread for advice. How in the hell do you sell a gun today? When I was younger, you just put an ad in the paper.

I've got some guns from my Dad's estate that have been gathering dust for 4 years in my house and my wife would really like them out of the house. I haven't shot in years and really don't care to. I have a German Luger with matching numbers, nice Browning Buck Mark Plus .22 pistol with virtually no use, Browning .22 rifle from the 60s that is in beautiful shape, a Belgium Browning shotgun with an additional barrel and a S&W Model 1000 shotgun that has never had a round through it.

I would like to find out what the value is of these things and get fair prices for these as the funds are going to my kids' college funds. Advice much appreciated. Thanks!

#821 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I figured I'd try this thread for advice. How in the hell do you sell a gun today? When I was younger, you just put an ad in the paper.
I've got some guns from my Dad's estate that have been gathering dust for 4 years in my house and my wife would really like them out of the house. I haven't shot in years and really don't care to. I have a German Luger with matching numbers, nice Browning Buck Mark Plus .22 pistol with virtually no use, Browning .22 rifle from the 60s that is in beautiful shape, a Belgium Browning shotgun with an additional barrel and a S&W Model 1000 shotgun that has never had a round through it.
I would like to find out what the value is of these things and get fair prices for these as the funds are going to my kids' college funds. Advice much appreciated. Thanks!

You can sell on armslist and some shops buy preowned. As far as value maybe local gun shops?

#822 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Lots of shops will list, sell and ship your guns on GunBroker for a cut of the profit. Some are a flat fee. But this is probably your best bet at getting top dollar.

#823 4 years ago

Don't take them to a brick and mortar gun shop! They are brutal when buying and you will be lucky to get half of what they are worth. Best bet is to sell them on Gunbroker. You will have to ship to an FFL in the buyer's state most likely but you will get the best price. Look at Gunbroker sales for a similar gun to see what a realistic asking price should be.

If you don't want to do Gunbroker, take them to a large gun show in your area and carry them around with a for sale sign. Also show them to several dealers at the show and get some competing offers. Depending on your state's laws, you may or may not need to go through an FFL at the show to complete the sale. Rules sometimes vary depending on whether its a rifle or hand gun, but some states allow private sales of either. Do a search for your state laws or look on-line for a gun forum in your state for advice.

I'm guessing the Luger alone would bring 1000 or more depending on dates, model, etc. Each of the others should be worth at least 400 or more. Do some research.

#824 4 years ago

Yes, agree with above. Do a little basic research. It’s will help you get a fair price.

#825 4 years ago

Depending on the condition of the Luger and what markings it has you should expect $2500-4500 maybe more. Luger collectors will pay for a nice all matching example.

#826 4 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

https://www.atf.gov/qa-category/unlicensed-persons (in case you are interested in this type of advice)

Other aspects depend on your tolerance level. Selling individually on GB can get you more $ but it's more hassle - tire kickers, photo collectors, shipping (and even more fun when the buyer's dealer says it's illegal for you to ship the firearm to a dealer - some people put in their listing if your dealer won't accept shipment, buyer pays for your in-state dealer to ship it).

#827 4 years ago

Went out training with the gentleman who owns this pistol, if you ever get a chance to go shoot with one of these warriors jump on it, it’s very humbling to see them in action

3BA3AB8F-C5D2-4794-99F3-155D56F445AF (resized).png3BA3AB8F-C5D2-4794-99F3-155D56F445AF (resized).png
#828 4 years ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Went out training with the gentleman who owns this pistol, if you ever get a chance to go shoot with one of these warriors jump on it, it’s very humbling to see them in action[quoted image]

Ya,
1911’s are fun as hell...
Love the stocks on that Colt

#829 4 years ago

I'm in the market for a 1911. I haven't been shooting much at all lately. Definitely no more than a hobbyist, and probably 3rd or 4th on the list of hobbies. I want one for no reason other than I kinda want one. Hopefully a new handgun will get me out to the range and back into it. I really like the looks of this one.
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-model-sw1911-1
Smith & Wesson Performance
It's more money than I want to spend, it's about $1,400 at the local gun shop. Is there a lower cost option you could recommend to scratch the 1911 itch? I was planning on going .45, I don't own any other .45 hand guns. Do I just splurge and get the one that initially caught my eye? I've already mostly made my mind up, just looking for some feedback.

#830 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'm in the market for a 1911. I haven't been shooting much at all lately. Definitely no more than a hobbyist, and probably 3rd or 4th on the list of hobbies. I want one for no reason other than I kinda want one. Hopefully a new handgun will get me out to the range and back into it. I really like the looks of this one.
It's more money than I want to spend, it's about $1,400 at the local gun shop. Is there a lower cost option you could recommend to scratch the 1911 itch? I was planning on going .45, I don't own any other .45 hand guns. Do I just splurge and get the one that initially caught my eye? I've already mostly made my mind up, just looking for some feedback.

Save some cash by buying online and having it shipped to a FFL near you for pickup.

Here are the lowest online prices for the gun you are looking at - https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/170343

#831 4 years ago

If you're in the market for a 1911 style at a nice price, check out the Sig C3. I love mine.
I got the laser grips.. sweet gun at a nice price.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/50956

#832 4 years ago

You can not go wrong with a Sig. Also take a look at the offerings from Kimber.

#833 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Just buy a bottom of the barrel one. No reason to buy high end one for shooting every once in while.

#834 4 years ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Just buy a bottom of the barrel one. No reason to buy high end one for shooting every once in while.

RIA's are pretty reliable for the money.

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I can sell you a nice Kimber 1911 with an RMR optic that I had the slide milled for. It also has a laser in the grip. Will even throw in 1000 rounds of .45 ammo for $1250.
409D74A6-71D4-4B53-A576-A8BE7CB3B80A (resized).jpeg409D74A6-71D4-4B53-A576-A8BE7CB3B80A (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#836 4 years ago

My newest pick up. The Springfield RMR was discontinued. The was 10mm choice 2. Just got it have not got to the range yet.

ABE3B254-946E-42FB-B8B3-C3EEF29003CF (resized).jpegABE3B254-946E-42FB-B8B3-C3EEF29003CF (resized).jpeg
#837 4 years ago

Picked up a Smith & Wesson model 586

9211C53F-08F9-4E33-9041-4207B78190F3 (resized).jpeg9211C53F-08F9-4E33-9041-4207B78190F3 (resized).jpeg
#838 4 years ago

Traded my 4056 for a 4040PD today... I guess I need to swing by the range this afternoon.

20200301_135046 (resized).jpg20200301_135046 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#839 4 years ago

Best Mass legal revolver for home defense? This thread is way too dead for the coming apocalypse....

#840 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Best Mass legal revolver for home defense?.

That's up to you. I'd say largest caliber that you can maintain control of in terms of shot placement.

I'm not sure how bad your laws are there but I wouldn't be surprised if someone recommends a Judge with 3" wheel.

#841 4 years ago

The best home revolver, IMO, the mod 66.
I’d recommend it for best all around defense.

But the Airweight you can carry everywhere you go.

9211FD94-1910-4E1F-B23A-8CF6A4B554B6 (resized).jpeg9211FD94-1910-4E1F-B23A-8CF6A4B554B6 (resized).jpeg

E30D1104-3252-42BE-9D0B-FE6BBBCE7600 (resized).jpegE30D1104-3252-42BE-9D0B-FE6BBBCE7600 (resized).jpeg

#842 4 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

That's up to you. I'd say largest caliber that you can maintain control of in terms of shot placement.
I'm not sure how bad your laws are there but I wouldn't be surprised if someone recommends a Judge with 3" wheel.

Unfortunately, that one is not on the list....

#843 4 years ago

Ammunition has sold out in my city since last week when the toilet paper began to disappear. I managed to get the wife's cousin to grab some .223 for me today as she lives north of the city.

"The times, they are a changin"

#844 4 years ago

I can still get a 642 at a reasonable price. Not for me BTW. This is for my Millenials up in Boston.

#845 4 years ago

Picked this up for home defense during this virus outbreak.

F31422B7-174B-4613-91C7-AB3AE940A14C (resized).jpegF31422B7-174B-4613-91C7-AB3AE940A14C (resized).jpeg
#846 4 years ago

Looking for a good first-buy hand gun. Have a few rifles/shotguns, but would like to start to get into target practice a bit now that my kids are older and safety isn't as much a concern. Looking for something on the smaller end, preferably not a revolver.Thanks.

#847 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Looking for a good first-buy hand gun. Have a few rifles/shotguns, but would like to start to get into target practice a bit now that my kids are older and safety isn't as much a concern. Looking for something on the smaller end, preferably not a revolver.Thanks.

Glock 9
Smith and Wesson M&P 9
Both easy to tare down to clean.

#848 4 years ago

The m&p shield 9 is my EDC.
I highly recommend it.

#849 4 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Picked this up for home defense during this virus outbreak.[quoted image]

That could use a few more mods I think.

#850 4 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

HK P7 M8 or M13

There are 2,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-and-target-hobbyiest-and-enthusiats-club/page/17?hl=largemouthass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.