3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 835 posts
  • 134 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by SkillShot
  • Topic is favorited by 52 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 505 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

409D74A6-71D4-4B53-A576-A8BE7CB3B80A (resized).jpeg
3BA3AB8F-C5D2-4794-99F3-155D56F445AF (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
E5790405-A7F2-4E1B-876D-F35C1FC7FD30 (resized).jpeg
D92C9C09-24CA-42CB-9F83-6502FDA50C5F (resized).png
20191229_114518 (resized).jpg
20191230_070042 (resized).jpg
8B52814D-A834-459A-9456-AA6CB5A22D58 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpeg
ADD1AC73-6236-459A-A785-0CC2DB6F3338 (resized).jpeg
4418BF40-456F-4725-84D1-1DECDB563860 (resized).jpeg
26B76011-189C-4A4E-A40F-E0853B7842AE (resized).jpeg
A89A4A2A-6CD3-49BD-A2E9-242C27C8621C (resized).jpeg
EF91E149-E8D7-45F8-A79C-0AB43C17B5D2 (resized).jpeg
48244B12-657B-4DBA-9BE5-95338819E0AA (resized).jpeg
844E49DD-1CD1-4FFB-A450-744A48D6B2BE (resized).jpeg

There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
#801 26 days ago

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, comfortable, concealment holster for a Glock G30? It's a compact 45 but its still a lot bulkier than the ease of carrying my Sig p238. I've used a swap rig which is ok but I'm looking for something better. Inner preferred.Thanks

#802 26 days ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good, comfortable, concealment holster for a Glock G30? It's a compact 45 but its still a lot bulkier than the ease of carrying my Sig p238. I've used a swap rig which is ok but I'm looking for something better. Inner preferred.Thanks

Give alien gear a try. They are made in the USA and have a great, money back guarantee.

I have several and I’m very happy with them.

#803 26 days ago
Quoted from Strummy:

A Fobus GL4 works with a G21 or G30. I also have hand made custom pancake holster for my G30.

#804 25 days ago

Crossbreed is nice for a G30.

#805 25 days ago

I’d call Allegiant Holster Co and see what they can do. They made a custom holster for my FX19.

#806 25 days ago

You semi-auto people you.

Just put in a Sticky and forget it's even there.

FullSizeRender-3 (resized).jpeg

#807 25 days ago

S&W 641

8B52814D-A834-459A-9456-AA6CB5A22D58 (resized).jpeg
#808 25 days ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

You semi-auto people you.
Just put in a Sticky and forget it's even there.
[quoted image]

I love my little 5 shot S&W as well. For carry I want a .45, that is what I trained with. That is what I like. I mean what you wear, needs your trust and your skill to use. Like Ford/Chevy... It is what works for you. Most importantly what can you make work should you need it. Hopefully nobody ever needs a it.

#809 25 days ago

Thanks for the holster recommendations. I do have a Crimson Trace Rail master Pro on it too.

It's bedside security along with my Remington 870 Police Magnum

#810 24 days ago

I use a sticky for my pocket gun.

20191230_070042 (resized).jpg

#811 24 days ago
Quoted from cconway84:

Short barrel rifles, suppressors, etc. My previous hobby before pinball.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Took our Vector out yesterday

20191229_114518 (resized).jpg
#812 24 days ago
Quoted from Strummy:

I have tried a lot of different holsters for various guns and I keep coming back to crossbreed. The Alien Gear is too bulky in my opinion.

1 week later
#813 11 days ago

If anyone is thinking about getting into 80% AR receivers I can 100% recommend 5d tactical’s system. A router and their jig system and you can be a pro.

D92C9C09-24CA-42CB-9F83-6502FDA50C5F (resized).pngE5790405-A7F2-4E1B-876D-F35C1FC7FD30 (resized).jpeg
#814 11 days ago

YES.

4.25" and 6".

I'll probably get one of each.

pasted_image (resized).png

#815 11 days ago

Not Approved in CA

#816 11 days ago
Quoted from NPO:

YES.
4.25" and 6".
I'll probably get one of each.
[quoted image]

Woah! Don't be doing this to me. I'm already pushing the big D with pinball hobby.

#817 11 days ago
Quoted from Travish:

If anyone is thinking about getting into 80% AR receivers I can 100% recommend 5d tactical’s system. A router and their jig system and you can be a pro.[quoted image][quoted image]

Are you using an end mill in your router?

#818 10 days ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

Are you using an end mill in your router?

Yes their system uses a replaceable end mill in a special tool holder. The quality of the jig is unsurpassed.

https://www.5dtactical.com/ar-15-80-lower-jig-p/5d-jig15.htm

#819 10 days ago

I have the 80% arms jig, which is also very well made, Just make sure you only step 1/16" per pass, use oil and vacuum the chips out frequently, and you will get a perfect lower. Also, wear long sleeves throw an old sheet down around the entire area you are working. Those sticky slivers are usually pointy, get everywhere and are a pain to clean up.

If you can finish one of these, you can do the P80 Glock frames in your sleep.

#820 9 days ago

I figured I'd try this thread for advice. How in the hell do you sell a gun today? When I was younger, you just put an ad in the paper.

I've got some guns from my Dad's estate that have been gathering dust for 4 years in my house and my wife would really like them out of the house. I haven't shot in years and really don't care to. I have a German Luger with matching numbers, nice Browning Buck Mark Plus .22 pistol with virtually no use, Browning .22 rifle from the 60s that is in beautiful shape, a Belgium Browning shotgun with an additional barrel and a S&W Model 1000 shotgun that has never had a round through it.

I would like to find out what the value is of these things and get fair prices for these as the funds are going to my kids' college funds. Advice much appreciated. Thanks!

#821 9 days ago
Quoted from robotron911:

I figured I'd try this thread for advice. How in the hell do you sell a gun today? When I was younger, you just put an ad in the paper.
I've got some guns from my Dad's estate that have been gathering dust for 4 years in my house and my wife would really like them out of the house. I haven't shot in years and really don't care to. I have a German Luger with matching numbers, nice Browning Buck Mark Plus .22 pistol with virtually no use, Browning .22 rifle from the 60s that is in beautiful shape, a Belgium Browning shotgun with an additional barrel and a S&W Model 1000 shotgun that has never had a round through it.
I would like to find out what the value is of these things and get fair prices for these as the funds are going to my kids' college funds. Advice much appreciated. Thanks!

You can sell on armslist and some shops buy preowned. As far as value maybe local gun shops?

#822 9 days ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Lots of shops will list, sell and ship your guns on GunBroker for a cut of the profit. Some are a flat fee. But this is probably your best bet at getting top dollar.

#823 9 days ago

Don't take them to a brick and mortar gun shop! They are brutal when buying and you will be lucky to get half of what they are worth. Best bet is to sell them on Gunbroker. You will have to ship to an FFL in the buyer's state most likely but you will get the best price. Look at Gunbroker sales for a similar gun to see what a realistic asking price should be.

If you don't want to do Gunbroker, take them to a large gun show in your area and carry them around with a for sale sign. Also show them to several dealers at the show and get some competing offers. Depending on your state's laws, you may or may not need to go through an FFL at the show to complete the sale. Rules sometimes vary depending on whether its a rifle or hand gun, but some states allow private sales of either. Do a search for your state laws or look on-line for a gun forum in your state for advice.

I'm guessing the Luger alone would bring 1000 or more depending on dates, model, etc. Each of the others should be worth at least 400 or more. Do some research.

#824 9 days ago

Yes, agree with above. Do a little basic research. It’s will help you get a fair price.

#825 9 days ago

Depending on the condition of the Luger and what markings it has you should expect $2500-4500 maybe more. Luger collectors will pay for a nice all matching example.

#826 7 days ago
Quoted from robotron911:

https://www.atf.gov/qa-category/unlicensed-persons (in case you are interested in this type of advice)

Other aspects depend on your tolerance level. Selling individually on GB can get you more $ but it's more hassle - tire kickers, photo collectors, shipping (and even more fun when the buyer's dealer says it's illegal for you to ship the firearm to a dealer - some people put in their listing if your dealer won't accept shipment, buyer pays for your in-state dealer to ship it).

#827 7 days ago

Went out training with the gentleman who owns this pistol, if you ever get a chance to go shoot with one of these warriors jump on it, it’s very humbling to see them in action

3BA3AB8F-C5D2-4794-99F3-155D56F445AF (resized).png
#828 7 days ago
Quoted from kdunbar:

Went out training with the gentleman who owns this pistol, if you ever get a chance to go shoot with one of these warriors jump on it, it’s very humbling to see them in action[quoted image]

Ya,
1911’s are fun as hell...
Love the stocks on that Colt

#829 5 days ago

I'm in the market for a 1911. I haven't been shooting much at all lately. Definitely no more than a hobbyist, and probably 3rd or 4th on the list of hobbies. I want one for no reason other than I kinda want one. Hopefully a new handgun will get me out to the range and back into it. I really like the looks of this one.
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-model-sw1911-1
Smith & Wesson Performance
It's more money than I want to spend, it's about $1,400 at the local gun shop. Is there a lower cost option you could recommend to scratch the 1911 itch? I was planning on going .45, I don't own any other .45 hand guns. Do I just splurge and get the one that initially caught my eye? I've already mostly made my mind up, just looking for some feedback.

#830 5 days ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'm in the market for a 1911. I haven't been shooting much at all lately. Definitely no more than a hobbyist, and probably 3rd or 4th on the list of hobbies. I want one for no reason other than I kinda want one. Hopefully a new handgun will get me out to the range and back into it. I really like the looks of this one.
It's more money than I want to spend, it's about $1,400 at the local gun shop. Is there a lower cost option you could recommend to scratch the 1911 itch? I was planning on going .45, I don't own any other .45 hand guns. Do I just splurge and get the one that initially caught my eye? I've already mostly made my mind up, just looking for some feedback.

Save some cash by buying online and having it shipped to a FFL near you for pickup.

Here are the lowest online prices for the gun you are looking at - https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/170343

#831 5 days ago

If you're in the market for a 1911 style at a nice price, check out the Sig C3. I love mine.
I got the laser grips.. sweet gun at a nice price.

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/50956

#832 5 days ago

You can not go wrong with a Sig. Also take a look at the offerings from Kimber.

#833 4 days ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Just buy a bottom of the barrel one. No reason to buy high end one for shooting every once in while.

#834 4 days ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Just buy a bottom of the barrel one. No reason to buy high end one for shooting every once in while.

RIA's are pretty reliable for the money.

#835 3 days ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I can sell you a nice Kimber 1911 with an RMR optic that I had the slide milled for. It also has a laser in the grip. Will even throw in 1000 rounds of .45 ammo for $1250.
409D74A6-71D4-4B53-A576-A8BE7CB3B80A (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 29.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 430.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
MI Pinball Refinery
$ 189.00
Displays
Boston Pinball Company
Apparel - Men
Great American Pinball
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
$ 10.95
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 33.50
$ 12.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 17.00
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Arcade Arts
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 12.50
Playfield - Plastics
Multigame
£ 45.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
There are 835 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside