Holstered dog (resized).jpg
DSC_6481 (resized).JPG
20240331_142327 (resized).jpg
IMG_4244 (resized).jpg
IMG_7813 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7803 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7793 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7708 (resized).jpeg
German Shepard has a gun and refuses to take medications.pdf (PDF preview)
20200912_140005 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 43.
#651 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Don't you just love it when a gun you have is featured on FPS. (:
[quoted image]

It's hard to beat a 700.

IMG_4637 (resized).JPGIMG_4637 (resized).JPG
3 weeks later
#652 5 years ago

Any of you folks go really old school and use black powder? I'm going to an event next weekend, for Maryland Day, and we're going to have the opportunity to handle some match locks and dog locks. I'll try and get some pictures.

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from vaevictis:

... match locks and dog locks....

Not that old school but yeah. Some black powder stuffed in front and some stuffed in nice shiny brass. A '71 Mauser came home a while back but I need to make some boolits before I play with it further.

IMG_0609 (resized).JPGIMG_0609 (resized).JPG

#654 5 years ago

As promised in the whisky thread here are some pictures of my Ruger GP100 which I have had since 1995 and been competing with regularly.

It is based on a standard GP100 but the barrel and sights have been changed.
I use it to compete in a class which allow scopes and in a standard class which do not. Hence the Leupold 4X scope can easily be removed.

The barrel is built from a German Lothar Walther round barrel blank and then cut to length and machined into the current form. The length of the barrel is 12" which is the maximum allowed in the type of competition I do.

The front sight is adjustable in 11 steps to adjust for different shooting distances which vary from 20 yards up to 200 yards. I have also fitted a removable sun shade to avoid sun glare on the front sight which helps a lot.

The accuracy of the revolver is outstanding. I am the limiting factor not the gun when it comes to the accuracy. Will provide some photos of that later.

1354 (resized).jpg1354 (resized).jpg1350 (resized).jpg1350 (resized).jpg1352 (resized).jpg1352 (resized).jpg1342 (resized).jpg1342 (resized).jpg
#655 5 years ago

Just found this thread. Been collecting guns for a long time and have more than I know what to do with. Since getting back into pinball last year I have barely been to the range. If anyone has any pins they want to trade for firearms please let me know. Here is just a taste of what I have (need to take a picture of my extensive Sig collection):

FN Collection:

20170127_203924 (resized).jpg20170127_203924 (resized).jpg
#656 5 years ago

Various modern rifles

20170128_103026 (resized).jpg20170128_103026 (resized).jpg
#657 5 years ago

Some of my nicer handguns. Not pictured is an HK P7M13 in box, Sig X6 Black and White, HK VP70, heck more than I can remember....

20170726_155504 (resized).jpg20170726_155504 (resized).jpg
#658 5 years ago

@LaregmouthAss - How you like the Shadow2? Mulling over getting one for steel plates, but somewhat wonder if the consistent trigger pull has maybe softened me and a double action would be tough to deal with now? Reviews on them look good - seems like the weight and distribution make for really quick recovery time.

Started with an XD Tac, went to M&P Pro Series, but the grip just feels a bit out of my comfort while I love the green FO front sight. Was close to getting a Q5 when I picked up the M&P but no one could keep them in stock at the time and they were 800 credits all day long. Now 650 on a regular basis. The new steel frame Q5 looks nice too.

#659 5 years ago
Quoted from BOHICA:

@LaregmouthAss - How you like the Shadow2? Mulling over getting one for steel plates, but somewhat wonder if the consistent trigger pull has maybe softened me and a double action would be tough to deal with now? Reviews on them look good - seems like the weight and distribution make for really quick recovery time.
Started with an XD Tac, went to M&P Pro Series, but the grip just feels a bit out of my comfort while I love the green FO front sight. Was close to getting a Q5 when I picked up the M&P but no one could keep them in stock at the time and they were 800 credits all day long. Now 650 on a regular basis. The new steel frame Q5 looks nice too.

Hah as I was scrolling through his collection I was going to ask about the Shadow 2 as well. I haven’t found one to shoot yet and I’m intrigued.

#660 5 years ago

With a name like LargemouthAss, dude has to be cool so I expect he will deliver a field report for us.

#661 5 years ago

I LOVE the Shadow 2. I used it to compete in USPSA production division since it fits in the box. Gave it a Cajun Gunworjs trigger job so the trugger pull is fabulous. Its heavy but recoil is nonexistent. For whatever reason I shoot my P226 Legion SAO slightly better but the Shadow 2 fits in the box and the SAO does not.

#662 5 years ago

And I own a few DAO polymer guns but I tend to hate them. I much prefer metal DA/SA or SAO guns. I have a Glock 21 under my bed because in the case an unfortunate event necessitates that I use it to defend my family, I wont have any problem when the police take it as evidence. Plus it is reliable. I just get no enjoyment from striker fired guns (except the P7).

#663 5 years ago

Also you can carry the CZ75 cocked and locked and get a consistent single action trigger pull. I ran it cocked and locked in competition for that very reason.

#664 5 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Also you can carry the CZ75 cocked and locked and get a consistent single action trigger pull. I ran it cocked and locked in competition for that very reason.

Thanks - I meant to ask that very question.

#665 5 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

The accuracy of the revolver is outstanding. Will provide some photos of that later.

This is 6 shots from 50 yards that all fits on a quarter and 6 shots from 150 yards measuring 7 cm or less than 3 inches.
These were not shot from a Ransom rest or bench, just barrel supported on the knee.

IMG_2473 (resized).JPGIMG_2473 (resized).JPGIMG_0573 (resized).JPGIMG_0573 (resized).JPG
#666 5 years ago

The rockchucks are starting to poke their grubby little noses out of their grubby little holes. Looked around and seem to be out of their(okay my) favorite ammo. I know they love the stuff because I watch them do backflips through the scope.

90 grain XTP + 12 grains Unique90 grain XTP + 12 grains Unique

A few years back, the neighbor asked if I wanted to come over and pop a few. I said "Sure" and he asked what I planned to use. His eyebrows went up a few notches when I said I would try the 'aught-six. Later, he expressed further surprise at how loud it wasn't.

1 week later
#667 5 years ago

Sold my Blackhawk .44 mag about 20 yrs ago after I stopped shooting with the local IMHSA group.
Regretted selling it ever since. I finally got one back today!

FullSizeRender-2 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-2 (resized).jpeg

#668 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Sold my Blackhawk .44 mag about 20 yrs ago after I stopped shooting with the local IMHSA group.
Regretted selling it ever since. I finally got one back today!
[quoted image]

How long is the barrel on that beast?

#669 5 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

How long is the barrel on that beast?

It's a 10 1/2 inch pick 'em off at 200 length.

#670 5 years ago

This hobby is totally sick.

FullSizeRender-5 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-5 (resized).jpeg

#671 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

This hobby is totally sick.
[quoted image]

Holy cow. Hand rifles.

#672 5 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Holy cow. Hand rifles.

Yeah baby. I bought the blued one to replace my sold one... I kept ruminating on the stainless twin sitting by it on the shelf...
Picture answers that question.

#673 5 years ago

My family and I all shoot and play pins together

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfV7foytL0ZcyJelN330RRw7ArJJZm2wm

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC68QRkhWFb-4GSF0o_Ja3aA

This is my wife's kit...
2_1 (resized).jpg2_1 (resized).jpg

#674 5 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Holy cow. Hand rifles.

I believe "hand cannon" is the correct terminology.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#675 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Yeah baby. I bought the blued one to replace my sold one... I kept ruminating on the stainless twin sitting by it on the shelf...
Picture answers that question.

That's what the lonely pins downstairs keep saying.....

#676 5 years ago
Quoted from vaevictis:

That's what the lonely pins downstairs keep saying.....

Oh damn, now I feel guilty.
You trying to make me buy another pin aren't you?

#677 5 years ago

Hi
Trap and skeet shooter here. Brownings
-725 20g "Black gold" Limited edition.
- 12g signature Limited
- 12g signature BT 99 limited

guna (resized).jpgguna (resized).jpggunb (resized).jpggunb (resized).jpggunc (resized).jpggunc (resized).jpggund (resized).jpggund (resized).jpg
#679 5 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Hi
Trap and skeet shooter here. Brownings
-725 20g "Black gold" Limited edition.
- 12g signature Limited
- 12g signature BT 99 limited
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Not necessarily my cup of tea, but that scrollwork on the 20g is exquisite.

#680 5 years ago

Went to get my Rattler, came home with a Rattler and a Copperhead. Oh Baby!

0D872689-F337-4739-ACAE-76C22DFF9755 (resized).jpeg0D872689-F337-4739-ACAE-76C22DFF9755 (resized).jpeg

#681 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]

Now thats a shopping trip. Really been thinking hard about a Rattler. After you get settled, stop back with a review.

#682 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

[quoted image]

You're killing me Smalls! s/ Nice pick up, I'm just jealous.

#683 5 years ago

Don’t know where to put them.

3982C428-C5B5-4823-BED7-9722DCDE27D1 (resized).jpeg3982C428-C5B5-4823-BED7-9722DCDE27D1 (resized).jpeg

#684 5 years ago

I like the barbed wire wrapped whoop azz stick.

#685 5 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

I like the barbed wire wrapped whoop azz stick.

Lucille can take care of business!

#686 5 years ago

So, who else went to the range today?

Screenshot_20190406-174600 (resized).pngScreenshot_20190406-174600 (resized).png
#687 5 years ago

Just happened to empty some shell cases today. Sighted in the new AR .450 Bushmaster and a new Glock G 40. If anyone has some input on handgun optics I would like to hear from you. Thinking about a Venom Vortex.
Later Sputnik.

20190406_195024 (resized).jpg20190406_195024 (resized).jpg
#688 5 years ago

Has anyone tried one of these kits in your AR? Looks like you can shot 22LR without changing your barrel. Just wondering if anyone has tried one of these and if so in an AR pistol? Any feedback if you have. Thanks

7B50A4DF-153B-48D0-9C7C-7FD7F299CF26 (resized).png7B50A4DF-153B-48D0-9C7C-7FD7F299CF26 (resized).png
#689 5 years ago

I once used the CMMG kit. Was nice.

#690 5 years ago
Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Has anyone tried one of these kits in your AR? Looks like you can shot 22LR without changing your barrel. Just wondering if anyone has tried one of these and if so in an AR pistol? Any feedback if you have. Thanks
[quoted image]

Interested to hear some feedback on this. Currently only belong to an indoor range and can't fire my AR. This would be a nice solution. Probably illegal in MA...

#691 5 years ago

Well they have a 3 mag with adapter deal going on so I’m going to give it a try. If anyone else is interested here is the link to the deal.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/04/cmmg-ar15-22lr-bravo-rifle-conversion-kit-3-mags/#axzz5kK79SwT7

#692 5 years ago

Hard to appreciate how light and small Sig got the Rattler and Copperhead until compared to a standard SBR.

FullSizeRender-2 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-2 (resized).jpeg

#693 5 years ago

Yeah I have one for my AR. It works ok. One of the mags jams some times so i threw it out but the other 3 mags i bought feed just fine.

#694 5 years ago

The Rattler suppressed... that's what I'm talkin' about.
Never said my work space was neat. (:

FullSizeRender-4 (resized).jpegFullSizeRender-4 (resized).jpeg
#695 5 years ago

Weird question here, but I have a fully enclosed golf simulator (projector, gaming PC, 10 foot screen, etc...). Does anyone have any experience with shooting simulators? I was thinking about getting a BBH, but thought this could be way cooler. Double the golf simulator as a shooting simulator.

#696 5 years ago

Now I got that Sig tapered barrel adapter in place.

F370507D-61EF-4413-BAAB-7EFB76D82ADE (resized).jpegF370507D-61EF-4413-BAAB-7EFB76D82ADE (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#697 5 years ago

Ok cheap people, listen up.

When we get together and start talking guns it always comes around to "remember when sks's were $89" or when "1919 kits were $300".

AR's used to be expensive and AK's were cheap. Well right now is golden for ar15's. Case in point.

Just got a Palmetto armory A4 kit for $279.99 (free shipping) which includes every single part except the lower. Lowers are on sale for $39.99. Quality, fit and finish are EXCELLENT. They have several barrel lengths, configurations and furniture colors.

Instead of ordering and having to pay the transfer fee I got the receiver local out the door for $64.49. So my total for everything was $344.48. If you can drive 2 roll pins you can build your own. Links below.

IMG_5147 (resized).JPGIMG_5147 (resized).JPG

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15/rifle-kits.html?dir=asc&order=price

https://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15/lowers.html?dir=asc&order=price

Thinking if getting one of these 7" pistol kits with arm brace next. Might go 10" because they much cheaper?

IMG_5148 (resized).JPGIMG_5148 (resized).JPG
#698 5 years ago

Agree with that!! Cheap times don’t last forever. Political winds can change in a whim.

#699 5 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Agree with that!! Cheap times don’t last forever. Political winds can change in a whim.

Your right. One signature and

Here's mine.

IMG_5145 (resized).JPGIMG_5145 (resized).JPGIMG_5146 (resized).JPGIMG_5146 (resized).JPG
#700 5 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

Just got a Palmetto armory A4 kit for $279.99 (free shipping) which includes every single part except the lower. Lowers are on sale for $39.99. Quality, fit and finish are EXCELLENT. They have several barrel lengths, configurations and furniture colors.

Damn! That is cheap. I built one a few years ago for double this price and thought I did well. There's one part that was difficult to install, but otherwise, it is very easy.

There are 2,109 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 43.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gun-and-target-hobbyiest-and-enthusiats-club/page/14?hl=tractordoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.