3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 789 posts
  • 128 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 days ago by Fulltilt
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 480 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_6839 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpeg
FullSizeRender (resized).jpeg
D1A0F52A-EF1B-40C3-B839-0D55BE39B537 (resized).png
A45E216B-79C3-4648-AB13-761CC7A776E6 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
8EE2CBF3-E50A-4676-8C82-4C7182FF7EED (resized).jpeg
B5F117D7-08D8-4A7A-803A-BEFDB683D98F (resized).jpeg
20191027_180110 (resized).jpg
9D93BA95-74FF-4D31-9C44-7222386A3171 (resized).jpeg
38E6E546-B891-4D17-93CB-61CBA45235E6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1397 (resized).jpg
IMG_1389 (resized).jpg
IMG_1387 (resized).jpg
IMG_1390 (resized).jpg

There are 789 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 16.
#451 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Any thoughts?

I think I like 10mm

IMG_99461 (resized).jpg

#452 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Whos in on the new GEN 5 Glock? I have not felt the need to run out and get one as of yet. I'm a 10mm kind of guy so gen 5 is not yet available in my caliber. Any thoughts?

If you are in the market for a new gun it would be worth checking but the difference is probably not worth trading up if you already have a glock.

#453 2 years ago

Would never buy a Glock. Well maybe not 'never'. Maybe I'll wait for Gen 10 and see if they've actually improved.

#454 2 years ago

Great for round count and reliability. Sure it's not the most refined piece of machinery but 9 and a half times out of ten it works when you pull the trigger.

#455 2 years ago

Went all gen 4s with the calibers that I have. We shall see if they do anything with the 20 gen 4 would be nice if they thinned out the slide like they did on the new 45calibers.

#456 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Great for round count and reliability. Sure it's not the most refined piece of machinery but 9 and a half times out of ten it works when you pull the trigger.

Wow. Reliable is not a word I would associate with Glocks. This might be the disconnect though: "9.5 times out of 10" is totally unacceptable for me in a firearm.

To each their own. I know I'm in a minority, but I would never carry a Glock for defense, and given that I find them fugly as hell and uncomfortable in hand there's not much else to recommend them to me. They're not even as cheap as they used to / should be anymore.

Quoted from MattS:

I think I like 10mm

Those things are fucking rad. Do you have any different caliber lowers?

#457 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

Those things are fucking rad. Do you have any different caliber lowers?

Just the 10mm for now, it was too good a deal to pass up. It is incredibly accurate and the recoil is almost non-existent. Only downside is the weight, it's a little heavy compared to my SBRs but the cool factor with the new cerakote is off the charts.

#458 2 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Just the 10mm for now, it was too good a deal to pass up. It is incredibly accurate and the recoil is almost non-existent. Only downside is the weight, it's a little heavy compared to my SBRs but the cool factor with the new cerakote is off the charts.

What's the length and weight of that thing?

#459 2 years ago

I'm not sure what y'all are talking about. I have had several glocks with MANY rounds through them and don't ever remember a single jam or misfire. Are glocks my favorite? Not really. When they first came out I thought "yea right a plastic gun" then a friend from work came out and was hitting a 5 gallon bucket from about 40 yards almost every shot.
I have a glock 36 that's my kick around, under the truck seat, don't worry about pistol.

#460 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

.... I'd like to see some clay shooting guns ...

Here's mine - a Mossberg 500.

IMG_0589 (resized).JPG

It also came with a 'tactical' barrel.

IMG_0590 (resized).JPG

#461 2 years ago

Picked this up over the weekend....my first Bushmaster....

20171008_200645 (resized).jpg

#462 2 years ago

Nice toys. I’ll post mine when I get home tonight. Teaser. I’m a fan of Czech firearms

#463 2 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I'm not sure what y'all are talking about. I have had several glocks with MANY rounds through them and don't ever remember a single jam or misfire. Are glocks my favorite? Not really. When they first came out I thought "yea right a plastic gun" then a friend from work came out and was hitting a 5 gallon bucket from about 40 yards almost every shot.
I have a glock 36 that's my kick around, under the truck seat, don't worry about pistol.

+100%

#464 2 years ago

My newest toy. FN M249S, a semi-automatic version of the M249 SAW light machine gun, 200 Round linked ammo belt in 556. Had to buy it. Thoughts?

medium4-165 (resized).jpg

#465 2 years ago

I think when it cools off outside we need to go out to the range and shoot steel with it.
That's bad ass!

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from navajas:

What's the length and weight of that thing?

35.25 in - 38.5 in depending on the position of the stock.
8 pounds unloaded with no optics.

#467 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

My newest toy. FN M249S, a semi-automatic version of the M249 SAW light machine gun, 200 Round linked ammo belt in 556. Had to buy it. Thoughts?

Thoughts? We need to go shooting. Oh look it's super man. (Grabs gun and runs like hell).

1 week later
#468 2 years ago

I bought a small group of .22's. This old Mossberg 64M(b) in it. It needs a lot of cleaning up. Sadly the micrometer sights were missing. I have had the one that was my Great Uncle's for like 45 years, it will do some nice groups.

IMG_20171020_144757 (resized).jpg

#469 2 years ago

I bet you can find some nice replacement sights for the Mossberg.

#470 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

That's a very awesome gun!

#471 2 years ago

Who-Dey

Dam expensive toys. Thank you Sir!

#472 2 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Who-Dey
Dam expensive toys. Thank you Sir!

Yes I know. I have one, two, or twenty five or so myself lol. I have taken a break from buying guns though because I need the money for pins now and plus I have enough now anyway. I may buy another one someday maybe. I’ve always wanted a nice shiny Kimber .45 so I may get one of those eventually. I have a Kimber that is a carry model but I would love to have a Raptor 2 or something like that.

#473 2 years ago

Hear you brother. They do not come out with much every year as far as new guns are concerned. Once you have your collection it is not that often you need to run out to the gun store. Pinball is a whole different animal. Only thing is most guns don't take up as much space as a pinball machine. Notice how I said most.

#474 2 years ago

Not a bad deal for someone looking. At the local store, the PT111 was marked down to $249.
http://tinyurl.com/y9zrorzk

#475 2 years ago

I have always had good luck with Taurus and their no BS warranty is killer.

#476 2 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I have always had good luck with Taurus and their no BS warranty is killer.

Nothing wrong with Taurus guns at all. I have their 1911 .45 and it will out shoot my Kimber .45 I will tell you that right now. I also have 3 more Taurus guns and they are all good guns. I used to carry a Taurus 709 slim 9mm and that gun is a great carry gun. I have put at least 2500 rounds through that gun and have not had one single jam.....not one! Only other gun that I own that I can say that about is my Beretta 92FS

#477 2 years ago

Buy the 9mm and get the .22 LR revolver free is not a bad deal.

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Buy the 9mm and get the .22 LR revolver free is not a bad deal.

Hell no it’s not. It’s very tempting actually.

#479 2 years ago

Looks like a great deal! And I have a Heritage Rough Rider with the 4.75 barrel and I gotta say that gun is awesome!! I love it. Not a single issue and it’s very accurate. Very hefty feeling, shoots any .22 cal rim fire cartridge (except magnum without the mag cylinder). Great deal!

D41D84B0-A658-4E37-B585-F24B92A39A52 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#480 2 years ago

This M_85 is the latest addition to my collection. It has a serious muzzle flash.

IMG_20171104_102115 (resized).jpg

#481 2 years ago

Anyone care to share their thoughts on "maintenance" plan. Looking through the safes the other day and realizing many are probably way overdue for a good lube job. I'd hate to see storage damage set in.

How often do you oil/grease in storage?

Safes have the good ol' thermal bars to help reduce moisture and dehumidifiers keep a good 50% or lower.

#482 2 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Anyone care to share their thoughts on "maintenance" plan. Looking through the safes the other day and realizing many are probably way overdue for a good lube job. I'd hate to see storage damage set in.
How often do you oil/grease in storage?
Safes have the good ol' thermal bars to help reduce moisture and dehumidifiers keep a good 50% or lower.

Anything nice with wood, Like old shotguns I wipe down once or twice a year. Anything with a synthetic stock I spray oil. I don't shoot much anymore so I soak that kind of stuff down. My AR would probably catch fire if I shot it right now. I kind of over do it on things I know that will be sitting for a long time.

No real maintenance plan. My Grandfather cleaned and oiled his guns after hunting or shooting and he just had them thrown around the house, in closets, in cupboards and none of his ever ended up with rust.

#483 1 year ago

Still loving my BullPup. For what it's worth Bond is running a pretty sweet deal right now to get the BullPup, four magazines (I only got two), "free" shipping AND one of their .357 derringers for $1400. Can still get the Bullpup for $980 until the end of the year, then it goes up to $1100. The extra magazines would be nice because this thing is a really great, really fun shooter which I can't say of any other 5" pistols hotter than a .22.

Still no misfires, still no issues separating the ammo.

If something this size would work in your style of rig, I can't recommend it enough.

#484 1 year ago

This is today's score. Working overtime sux... The toys makes it worth it.

IMG_20171118_155121 (resized).jpg

1 month later
#485 1 year ago

Back on page eight I said I'd post a pick of my Mom's revolver, finally remembered to snap a shot after a trip with her to the range. Such a glorious beast:

IMG_7365 (resized).JPG

#486 1 year ago
Quoted from navajas:

Back on page eight I said I'd post a pick of my Mom's revolver, finally got remembered to snap a shot after a trip with her to the range. Such a glorious beast:

Damn, thats nice. Is that a laser, or a flashlight? I cant tell.....

Edit: its a light....did that come stock?

#487 1 year ago

It's a laser AND a light.

#488 1 year ago
Quoted from Travish:

It's a laser AND a light.

Correct, green laser and light. No it's after market, but the rail is integral. It comes with another section of rail for the top if you want, but it's unnecessary for her purpose.

This is my Mom's "GTFO" gun. She's never been a shooter and she hates autos, but she fell in love with S&W revolvers. It's huge, but light due to scandium frame and since it's a home alone in the dark weapon the rail is a must. Here's her last target after her first trip to the range at 25' which is about as long a shot as she'd ever need to make at home. The two 9s are from previous cylinders but I was out of stickers, so that's five rounds near the red. I like these targets because you can see her getting more comfortable. I was really proud of her.

She also got a "that's right" moment for a dude behind the counter. We were looking for a moon clip tool (with arthritis she can't load them by hand) for her S&W and the guy asked (not understanding we were looking for a tool, not the clips themselves) "five rounds or six?" She perked up and said definitively:

"Eight."

Ha, classic surprised raised eyebrow "fuckin' A" look on the kid behind the counter. She got a real kick out of that.

IMG_7367 (resized).JPG

#489 1 year ago

I use one like this with my 1917. Works well.

amazon.com link »

#490 1 year ago

It’s time to take out the trash!
B6700A88-6738-4B53-9A57-937B53A13AA1 (resized).jpeg

#491 1 year ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

It’s time to take out the trash!

A 50ae. how much per round now?

#492 1 year ago

Can be found for 1.30 / round, Hornady appears to be the best BANG for buck lol

It’s the only ammo my range buddies buy for themselves to use for a firearm that’s not even theirs, lol.

#493 1 year ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

It’s the only ammo my range buddies buy for themselves to use for a firearm that’s not even theirs, lol.

Save the brass! I'm close to pulling the trigger on a reloading station.

#494 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

I use one like this with my 1917. Works well.
amazon.com link »

Do you just load them by hand? She can't do that either. To be honest, I really struggle. I feel like I'm missing something obvious or I'm just a semi-auto pussy.

#495 1 year ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Save the brass! I'm close to pulling the trigger on a reloading station.

Sweet!

#496 1 year ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

That's not bad. When I got my 50bmg I bought up a bunch of talon at $1.19 a round. Good luck at under $3.00 now.

#497 1 year ago
Quoted from navajas:

Do you just load them by hand? She can't do that either. To be honest, I really struggle. I feel like I'm missing something obvious or I'm just a semi-auto pussy.

Yeah, I load them in the clips by hand. The groove in the 45 ACP cart snaps in place with mod pressure. You can use a bench for leverage. Easier than loading most mags.

The tool slides over the spent cart and is removed with a twist. Falls into the tool.

I tend to load a bunch in one sitting. Kinda like loading up 500 rnds into Enbloc clips at a time.

#498 1 year ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Yeah, I load them in the clips by hand. The groove in the 45 ACP cart snaps in place with mod pressure. You can use a bench for leverage. Easier than loading most mags.
The tool slides over the spent cart and is removed with a twist. Falls into the tool.

I don't know if it's just the clips provided by S&W or not, this is my first experience with them, but they hurt like hell to load and are seriously hard to seat. The little pistol grip presses are what we were hoping for at the range. Hadn't seen those things you linked though, will pick up something like that for sure.

#499 1 year ago

Ok, so over a year has passed and I just found this thread! My "go to" for good therapy after a rough day. I take my frustration out on these guys!

Masterpiece Arms
BA lite chassis
Chambered in 6.5 Creedmore
Kahles K624i 6-24 x 56mm SKMR reticle

IMG_9244 (resized).JPG
IMG_4059 (resized).JPG
IMG_9248 (resized).JPG

#500 1 year ago
Quoted from navajas:

I don't know if it's just the clips provided by S&W or not, this is my first experience with them, but they hurt like hell to load and are seriously hard to seat. The little pistol grip presses are what we were hoping for at the range. Hadn't seen those things you linked though, will pick up something like that for sure.

Some of the S&W mags can be tough to load. I can’t load mags of my M&P9 without a loader, the others I can do by hand

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,399.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 29.25
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 7,500.00
$ 129.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 69.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 209.99
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 229.99
There are 789 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 16.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside