Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Jenk540i
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider themadman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

New problem today. Game starts fine, no credit dots, no errors. Shoot right and left ramps appropriately lights gum and ball on the door and the red light over the right orbit signifying the gum ball is active. Shoot into the gumball and everything thing behaves correctly but then gum and ball stay lite on the door and shooting either ramp is not recognized as activating gum or ball by the machine and the red light stays out over the right orbit. Will not reactivate the gum ball at all. One time when the gumball was active it would not load because the spiral magnet kept grabbing the ball and would not let it load - but that only happened once. All of this started after I stuck a magnet on the diverter but I did not hit anything else and the ramp sensors all seem to be working fine. Any ideas?

Gum Ball on the door is NOT the gumball machine. Gum / Ball when lit together on the door enables 1 or multiple locks depending on difficulty level. Gum / ball on the door does NOT go back out until all ball locks have been locked (Basically both Gum and Ball being lit is the same as the lock light being lit.)

There is nothing wrong with the machine.

Each lighting on Gum / Ball on the door does add +1 to the count of Gumball machine enables. Which is shown by the shoot here for Gumball machine red lamp. This is a stacked count, but is NOT indicated by the GUM / BALL lamps on the door panel. Since this is the normal way to increase the count of Gumball Machine Enables, you do need to get gum /ball to go out on the door panel so that you can light them again; but again this is done by LOCKING a ball (or multiple if lock is set to easy or normal), NOT by shooting/hitting the gumball machine.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from mot:

I believe that it is.

Quoted from Jenk540i:

Is reactivating the ramps tied to locking a ball?

You must extinguish the lock light to get gum/ball lights on the door to go out, thus enabling another set of ramp shots and another increase to the shoot gumball machine counter.

This may take one/two/three/ locks or starting multiball depending on difficulty settings and current game progress.
A harder lock process means more gumball shots, but fewer multiballs, it's a setting trade off.

#17 9 years ago
Quoted from Jenk540i:

Well it seems to be fixed but I'm not sure why. found out that now locking a ball gives the appropriate sounds and graphics (robots) but was not clearing the door panel gum ball lights even if I locked several. So I reversed the last 2 things I had done several months ago. Removed the door panel flasher mod even though I did not see how that could affect it. Made no difference. Removed my new 9.4 CPU rom and put in my old one and everything worked perfectly. Changed back to the 9.4 and everything still works perfectly? Just some software gremlin that? Anyway, again I thank everyone for their advice.

there are a number of settings that effect this in setup, number of shots until first lock, number until first multiball, held lock status, number of locks until second multiball, etc. 9.4 adds a number of configurations that 9.2 doesn't have to the configuration of the lock/multiball start/gum and ball lighting settings.

If the first lock is set to easy, then you have to start multiball to get the gum/ball lights to go out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Corona, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Gameroom - Decorations
pinballmod

$ 79.50
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Haus

10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 110.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod

9,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Centerport, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 21.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 14.95
$ 15.45
Gameroom - Decorations
KAHR.US Circuits

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider themadman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gum-ball-not-resetting?tu=themadman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.