3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,227 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,777 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

E1615BD7-D732-42A5-B97A-1080B084D0ED (resized).jpeg
    A44C6112-3DEE-48D8-99EB-48E88EFF00B6 (resized).jpeg
    804BD6A2-DD95-442C-A7AA-B72F86F79DE9 (resized).jpeg
    sp_blaz (resized).jpg
    back (resized).jpg
    front (resized).jpg
    Camp Skirt (resized).jpg
    4205D8F0-D605-41C7-87DE-A7FDABD1E985 (resized).jpeg
    032291F1-F087-405A-A9D9-E348A05E1F8D (resized).jpeg
    ED74A911-7AEE-47E2-BE5B-2C754CC13B93 (resized).jpeg
    A1ACE821-F70A-4964-BE3E-BFADF78B830E (resized).jpeg
    7C85867B-D0CF-4F13-A537-E600027438C7 (resized).jpeg
    E6A6A792-898A-4F6C-8460-C97F76B2A03C (resized).jpeg
    9E109BEF-4B5D-458A-A87E-4C52E64C050F (resized).jpeg
    B8819AD5-529E-413F-93AB-66C7BE2375D7 (resized).jpeg
    7D4A0CA1-A727-40B4-92C5-58D53F91E463 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1592 Possible date for sept tourney. Posted by Nevus (2 years ago)

Post #3395 Pinball story in Shreveport featuring Nevis. Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #3580 The club getting a both at TPF. Posted by Nevus (9 months ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

768 posts in this topic match your search for posts by tigerlaw. You are on page 1 of 4.
    #1 3 years ago

Do you even skillshot bro?

Thanks to Jodester for hosting the tournament yesterday and screw you to Allen for tossing 97 mill on my Iron Man at 1am!

So, we talked about having our own club thread on Pinside so here we are.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

sorry i missed it. for allen's sake, i hope iron man was set to 10 character high scores. "LONE STAR"

He went with his standard ACE initials.

#6 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

He beat my grand champion score and he didn't know what he was doing lol! He didn't even skill shot

That score will be up there a long long time. I have a better hope of Lyman giving a Code update than beating it any time soon.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I should post the pics here instead of the other page...

Gotta love that autographed karate kid picture. Ha!

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

TigerLaw and PavBall bought/brought a whole bunch of door prizes to also give out. Very nice of you both.

Ha! Yea, those prizes were pretty cool we thought. Glad everyone enjoyed them. Who won the ear bar soap?

#13 3 years ago

Anyone going to this tournament on June 24th in Pioneer, Louisiana? http://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=14062#

I can't say I have heard of Pioneer, Louisiana before (and it is ridiculously far from Lake Charles and New Orleans) but I sure like the rules they have for the event (and the entry fee is pretty funny too):

Tournament Date: June 24, 2016

Heckler's Veto!

Bring your best trash talking abilities paired with a sense of flipping a small silver ball around a playfield to FreeGoldWatch on Friday, June 24th!

Tournament details:
    5 rounds of qualification in groups of 4 players with 5/3/2/1 scoring.
    The top 12 players qualify for the playoffs, with a bye round for the top 4.
    Playoffs will also be in 4-player groups.

Rules: normal pinball rules with one major caveat. Remember that defense is the best offense? Well, in this tournament
    that will be truer than ever. Opponents are allowed to heckle each other during play similar to the movie Baseketball. Think you can smack talk? Bring it to the Haight! (Certain restrictions will apply, for example no mentioning/jokes of player's bodies or medical disabilities. The idea is to psyche-out your opponent using clever verbal sparring.)

When: Friday, June 24th at 7 PM. Registration open from 6:45 until the last round of qualifying.
    Cost: $1 or five of your best yo mama jokes.

#16 3 years ago

Our LSU sparky and miniature hammer are installed. Game will ship this week.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#22 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Can't make this one I'll be on vacation that weekend. But it sure does sound fun

Yea, we are going to skip it as well.

#26 3 years ago

JAH,
    I sent Jodester an email, and I sent you a PM with same info copied and pasted.
    Mike

Did you get your Indi set up? Share some pics with us.

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Jodester loaded the results with IFPA and now I'm able to find myself and updated my profile so ready for the next tournament.

PavBall and I are thinking about hosting one on August 13th. I'm going to get with Jodester on that and see if we want to do it as another Project Pinball event or do it as a different IFPA event.

#33 3 years ago

Jodester loaded the results with IFPA and now I'm able to find myself and updated my profile so ready for the next tournament.

Hmm, I don't see the tournament results on the page?

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

This is a cool shot I took of Whitewater in the dark, after we had finished cleaning it up and getting everything working.

That does look amazing! Is that game a long time keeper for you guys or will it be just passing through? Pinball-is-great has been wanting a Whitewater for many years.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

I played 2 tournaments this year 3rd place in one and 2nd in the other and I have 0 points. Can someone explain why I have 0 points?

On a related topic, how do "side tournaments" work? Can we have those when we host project pinball tournaments and other types of tournaments?

#41 3 years ago

I and/or Jodester can help you with this TigerLaw. Feel free to call whenever.

Yea, I'll give you a ring...I was actually going to see if either you or Jodester would want to be the tournament director for it anyway.

#54 3 years ago

the real solution is a quarterly bayou bash!

I certainly like this solution.

#57 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

I'm thinking about doing a side tournament also for more points. Not sure what format we will use yet

I'm reading through all the rules today. The side tournament needs to be noticed publically through their site like the normal tournament.

#59 3 years ago

the exact numbers can change, but there has to be that part that ifpa calls "direct play." the pingolf part by itself is considered "indirect play."

So, if at my tournament later this summer I had a side tournament of Safe Cracker assault the vault scores (everyone lists scores) it would have to have a final head to head elimate of some kind...could not just be a side tournament of the token wizard assault the vault mode with the scores ranking people from 1 to whatever based on the raw singles score?

#62 3 years ago

On this some one has to record the scores or you have to take one of your games that can record initials and wipe out high scores to record for you if you don't want someone to have to record the scores.

That's a good idea. Set scores to zero on the machine being used for this purpose to making score keeping easier. Cell phones make photographing the scores a viable option also though.

#65 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

WTF, why isn't "central Texas" included?

Come to one of our parties and the Moncla Mafia will make you a made man...and teach you the secret handshake.

#69 3 years ago

They may still have some black GCPC shirts left. Not sure what sizes. They are different than the Moncla mafia shirts.

Allen is planning to make a run of new shirts with the "do you even skill shot bro" manicure. We'd have to think of new design and what not.

#73 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Iceman.
    Did you ever get that Hep restored Twilight Zone you were looking at a couple years back?

Sounds like a future party needs to be at Iceman's place.

#75 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

That would be awesome.
    I did some AC/DC music files for his pin awhile back.

Iceman is pretty far from us all. Perhaps we can do a tournament or something in Austin one of these days and then go invade his place the next day.

#77 3 years ago

Alas, that weekend will not work for PavBall and me. We will need to find another.

#81 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Looks awesome! Headed to NW Louisiana soon and we'll have to do some road trips.

Quoted from Nevus:

Have beer, will travel!

August 13th, plan to come to LC.

#88 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Just as I am complaining about it being hard, Henry (9) puts up 94 million on GB Pro and 114 million on GB Prem a few minutes later.

Future Louisiana state champion Henry you mean!!

#96 3 years ago

Those photos are awesome! Gosh, you guys have had some amazing games over the years.

#98 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Preston did not really get serious about pinball until he was 11 or 12.
    But he has played since he was able to reach the buttons.
    Actually before that, as I manned the other button for a bit.

I really wanted my son to get into pinball and it just didn't happen. He liked the video games more and pins just could not compete in his eyes sadly.

#102 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I am looking at that lineup with Indy, WW, STTNG, Totan and I am floored. Awesome pics!

I'm just surprised Preston didn't have a beard in the photos!

#120 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Is that Tiger's X-men?

Heck no! Tiger's XMen is bolted to the floor. Check my personal Pinside machine rankings.

Yea, it does look amazing. Can't wait to go to Houma next and snag the GC score on it.

#121 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

This is Tigerlaw's refinery edition Metallica just finished.
    His is the one on the far left/front.

Yep, and it will be here on Monday!!! Can't wait for you guys to come by for a visit next!!!

#123 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Let me unburden you with a slight geographic relocation of SafeCracker...

SC has been getting a lot of love lately at our house. It is a top 3 game for PavBall, and the guests all freak out with it...especially the kids...though our token count is dropping fast!

I'll be having a side tournament on August 13th with Safe Cracker: one game for each participant - Assault the Vault wizard mode with a token. Top two scores have a head to head side tournament championship game on Varkon with winner take all.

#126 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Just got a new crystal clear ramp for Whitewater.
    Looks oh so good.
    Now we can see the ball in the whirlpool much much better.

That's a pretty big difference but not as big as when you guys did the TAF ramp change. Do you still have pics from changing out the TAF ramps? Man, I'm looking forward to heading yalls way again soon and seeing this White Water!

#129 3 years ago

Happy Father's Day gulf coast pinball club!

#130 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Yea. That's because the Addams Family used a smokey colored ramp to begin with.
    The Whitewater ramp was just dirty and scratched up.
    Here are the Addams ramps.

Do you like it better with the clear ramp? It looks better to me in the photos.

#135 3 years ago

Met Premium Refinery Edition has arrived. Will have to wait till tomorrow to unbox though.

image_(resized).jpeg

#141 3 years ago

PavBall and I's new 100% John Borg row!

image_(resized).jpeg

#152 3 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

Jody photo bombed Tiger and Ferdinand.

Haha! Great photobomb!

#162 3 years ago

You are welcome to join in on a small pinball tournament in Houma, LA on Sat Jul 16th if it fits your schedule.

And then again on August 13th in Lake Charles.

#171 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Man I'm gonna hopefully work that one in! Need a trip to LaBerge and lovely Lake Charles.

Awesome! Come check out the Golden Nugget. It is even nicer than LaBerge.

#176 3 years ago

Your mission Tiger should you chose to accept it is to find out what pinball machine, if any, is in the arcade at the Golden Nugget.

None sadly.

#179 3 years ago

Their website mentions pinball

I just went to their website arcade section and don't see it? Do you have a link? They absolutely did not have pinball when I went there last, but that was a few months ago and things change.

#183 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

There was a stern Elvis at imperial palace last year but I seen it for sale on Craigslist a few months back. Haven't been back since

We want some beach pics out of you before you head back!

#184 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

There was a stern Elvis at imperial palace last year but I seen it for sale on Craigslist a few months back. Haven't been back since

The Moncla Mafia had a really nice modded Elvis they sold about two years ago as I recall.

#196 3 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

Are you going to make ones for our tournament on August 13 as well?

Yes, they will look different though. Also, he's even going to make a special one for the Safe Cracker only side tournament.

#199 3 years ago
    Quoted from epichoff:

Will try and make Aug 13 tournament. Will be in fort walton on the 16th of July. Anyone know of any pins in the area? (Destin, fort walton, pensacola).

I don't know of any, try starting a thread in the "Locations" section and ask where to play there. Also, look on Pinside map (sometimes it is outdated, but would almost assuredly reveal arcade locations.

Glad you're coming for the Aug 13th tournament. You'll be the first person from the Lafayette area at one of our Gulf Coast parties.

#217 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Awesome pics, any pinball over there?

Only what's on our cell phones. Man, we are looking forward to your tournament.

#220 3 years ago

A couple more pics from Greece. Check out PavBall's shirt.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#222 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

think Jody or Mike may be bringing a game or 2.

I hope Mike brings his Astroid Annie. That would make the perfect side tournament game. How many side tournaments are you allowed to do? Just one or two per event?

#225 3 years ago

We only got the main tournament created before the 30 day window for the upcoming July 16th tournament in Houma. If we do have a side tournament in Houma, it would not award IFPA points.
    The main tournament will earn IFPA points.

Ah, that's a bummer. By the way, are either you or Jodester going to be tournament director on August 13th?

I want to play in the tournament and be the house party host, so I'm hoping one of you two will take on the tournament hosting duties/responsibilities so I'm not over loaded. PavBall and I will take care of the prizes and what not of course.

#226 3 years ago

Tiger or Pav,
    Please post a pic of Pavball t-shirt in my Pinball T-shirt Collections thread I started in the past month or so.
    Your pic made me chuckle. Pavball is great!

Done. Do you want me to move that other thread into "clubs" or leave it in "all pinball" sub forum. Whichever you prefer is fine with me.

#231 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Yea, can do. We need to get the tourney registered next week on the IFPA website.

Perfect. How many side tournaments can we do off the main tournament?

#233 3 years ago

Code update for Metallica out of the blue today. Lots more dialog, better spinner integration with more rules, more combo stuff. Can't wait to try it out.

#238 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Just a reminder about the tournament. And if we can get 20 people I will give away Williams beat time to the 1st place winner.

That is a really nice conditioned game. What a great prize! I hope some of the New Orleans guys and gals can make it.

#242 3 years ago

Looks like all the gulf coasters posted vacation pics so her you go lock and damn #3 on the mighty Mississippi and a new Amazon building in Shakopee Minnesota

Your wife's shirt is awesome!!!

#244 3 years ago
    Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Hey I will be in the New Orleans area this weekend w/ a cargo van... Are there any pins for sale in that area? Sorry if I'm in the wrong thread but I don't see any others for this

This thread is mostly east Texans and west Louisiana guys, about three to four hours from New Orleans.

Though the New Orleans area does not have a specific thread per se this one has more New Orleans and Mississippi area guys who may be able to help you: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/la-ms-ar-southern-pinball-collectors-forum

#249 3 years ago

Jeez Tiger,
    Sorta feeling like I should update my status on Fb and let everyone know I'm feeling overlooked & neglected.

I thought the Breaux Bridge / Parks guys were proud to not be affiliated with Lafayette.

#250 3 years ago

Anyone have any pinball related plans this weekend? Share the fun with the group.

#267 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Y'all make it back to the states yet?

Yep, we are hoping to go by and visit you guys on Sunday afternoon if you'll be home?

#271 3 years ago

pool table money. Get and send some pics of findings

And the recently made available pool table space!

#274 3 years ago

Make sure to add a going to the event icon if you are coming to one of the events.

#276 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

We will be in Alaska during the Romp in the Swamp.
    But we will be there in spirit.
    Maybe Dennis or Allen can make i

How did Preston do in the Pitsburb tournament? That was this past weekend right?

#278 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Maybe Dennis or Allen can make it.

Tell Allen we will have a special prize for whoever can knock him off the GC Iron Man spot. If he attends and no one beats his GC score he gets the prize.

#279 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

I'm going on a warehouse raid Sunday so I might be getting back late but y'all are more than welcome to come when I get back.

So, how did the warehouse raid go?

#283 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I'll be on a pickup run the weekend of tigers tourney but it will be worth it!

Can't wait for your next party with the BBB on display.

#293 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Check out what just happened tiger.

I'll fix that on Saturday for you.

#298 3 years ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

I would SO love to come and be a part of this. But ~5 hours drive each way I just can't do.

Perhaps you could ride over with some of the SW Louisiana guys? Reduce your drive a few hours.

#301 3 years ago

Had a great time at the tournament today. Thanks to all who made the drive and special thanks to pinball-is-great for being the tournament director and zuckboy for hosting at his great location!

#307 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Hope to everyone in lake Charles on the 3rd.

Lake Charles tournament will be on the 13th.

#310 3 years ago

Those trophies were amazing that Zukboy made!

#312 3 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

Those AL and TX boys are tough. Gonna have to up our training regimen here in MS if they plan on showing up regularly.

I know it'll be a super long drive for you but I hope you can make it to Lake Charles on the 13th of August.

#314 3 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

We were figuring it out on the way back last night, and its about 4.5 hours to Lake Charles. Might have to make an overnight trip of it, but at least its looking more feasible.

That would be great! Lake Charles has a lot of good places to stay, the two large casino hotels in particular are amazing but there are other good places as well.

#321 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Henry wants to know "Who is PJM ?" 11 billion is out of his range but he's going to try hard to beat it.

Jodester's Tron tragically had all its scores reset when it arrived at my place. We were just baffled by this as everything else was fine, must have been some weird power surge or something that only affected the High Scores on that one machine . . . I hope that is not an issue with all of his games he has out on loan, you'll have to keep us posted if it happens with GoT as well.

#325 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Ghostbusters has arrived in Beaumont!!!
    Be sure to put Colorado Canyon as one of your I-10 stops soon.

Might go by and visit this weekend.

#328 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I'm thinking September for a Shreveport Tournament.

That would be awesome!!! Both Pinball-is-great and Jodester are seasoned at being tournament directors and both are fantastic.

#329 3 years ago
    Quoted from action76:

Hope I can see you all again on the 13th.

That would be awesome if you guys could make it to Lake Charles.

#334 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Red River Replay

That's a perfect one. You'll need to register it 30 days in advance. Whoever you pick as your tournament director will handle that for you.

#338 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

We are thinking about doing the Oil City Open on a Sunday so Allen can make it.
    Does Sunday October 9 work for some of you guys?

Looks real good for PavBall and I as of right now.

#339 3 years ago

I agree! I'm pumped Nevus is going to host a tournament!

#344 3 years ago

17th would be better for me personally but I could make either date work I believe. Looking forward to it!

#346 3 years ago

Please don't forget to sign up as attending to the Romp In the Swamp on August 13th if you are planning to be there (you can enroll the day of the event of course). Tournament director Jodester is trying to get a handle on the number of people we may have (looks like we will have a good number of first time tournament participants):

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/the-romp-in-the-swamp-2016

#348 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Standard tournament

Consider tossing in a side tournament as well. Those are always fun.

The Romp in the Swamp will feature a Safe Cracker side tournament. All entrants will receive one token and have one chance to Assault the Vault. Scores will be tallied from first to last place, the top two will then have a head to head Assault the Vault battle to have the final winner.

Assault the Vault is the "wizard" mode on Safe Cracker. It is activated with the use of a magic token and you have a 90 second multiball where your flippers die at the end. Perfect for the side tournament since the game will not be in the main tournament. Side tournaments also count for IFPA points, so people who come to the Romp in the Swamp will have a chance to win IFPA points from two different events, the main tournament and the side tournament.

#349 3 years ago

What's everyone up to this weekend? Any pinball related activities going on?

#354 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Sounds more fun then a wedding. lol

Depends on the wedding!!!

#357 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

My next outing is a road trip for BBB pickup!

We are going to expect lots of pics!!!

#371 3 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

Hey everybody! I'm new to the pinball sickness. I live in SETX. My name is Seth. Don't know a lot about pinball and all its jargon and abbreviations but I do know I love the silver ball.
    Here's a shot of my first owned machine yesterday as my 2 oldest kids played their first round of pinball ever!?

Welcome to the club. Come to Lake Charles for the tournament on August 13 (it is adults only by the way) and meet the gang.

#384 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Finally knocked Preston out of GC on Metallica.

Extra balls turned back on?

#396 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

But to have Preston take first place in B was as good as it gets.

That's phenomenal. Congrats to Preston!

#400 3 years ago

Jodester has talked PavBall and I into dragging our HUO clear coated Doctor Who from the office and having it in the Romp in the Swamp.

The settings will be brutal on Doctor Who. A two second ball save only.

#403 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Awe shit I don't know that game

That's great news. You and I will be playing DW in the tournament against each other then.

#409 3 years ago

You never know how you will do just hope you don't draw Preston for your first game. (Inside Joke)...

Preston will be out of town during the Romp in the Swamp. This is the first tournament we had where a mere mortal can win it all.

#410 3 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

I feel like I would suck so bad. Also where is it?

If you think you can be there on August 13th shoot me or PavBall a pm and we will send you the address. Also available on the IFPA page.

#411 3 years ago

Doctor Who is leaving the office to be set up and play tested for the tourney.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#413 3 years ago

Since I'm new to the tourney's is ball save ever disabled?

Usually they are set to default settings.

Doctor Who's ball save is a bit different than most games in that you can turn it back on in the middle of game play by locking the time expander (so you could theoretically have the ball save many times per ball, making for long ball times) - this is why we are reducing it to just two seconds...this will have the side effect of making the multi-ball far harder to score more than one jackpot on per go.

#415 3 years ago

Getting Doctor Who set up and color DMD installed. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#417 3 years ago

Safe Cracker has been moved to its new location in the house for the side tournament. Safe Cracker will only be available to those playing in the Romp in the Swamp side tournament.

image_(resized).jpeg

#421 3 years ago

Quicksilver has arrived home for the Romp in the Swamp. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#422 3 years ago

Set up of Quick Silver complete.

image_(resized).jpeg

#423 3 years ago

*enjoy the chance to beat TigerLaw on his own machines, and be able to milk the bragging rights for months (watch out for Pav throwing a counter-punch to humble you back in place).

You and PavBall are now 1 and 1 in tournament play against each other and have each won 5 games total across the two matches.

Could you two run into each other for the decisive third match at the Romp in the Swamp? Will side bets be taken?

#426 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Gambling and some pinball!!!!

That's awesome!!! Man, glad you are coming!

Quoted from iceman44:

Is there a beer drinking contest while playing pinball?

I will have a special side prize for it.

#432 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Hope everyone has a great time and be sure to post lots of photos.

Pinball-is-great is the official photographer of the Romp in the Swamp. We will have photos! Sure will miss you and Preston at the event though.

Have fun in Alaska!

#434 3 years ago
    Quoted from GreenWave:

See y'all at TigerLaw and PavBall's place for the Romp in the Swamp!

Woot! Tulane will be well represented at the Romp!

#435 3 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

What do I look for on ifpa site? Also how much is the tournament

Do you think you'll make the tournament? We are trying to figure out if we need to bring an extra machine or two based on likely number of entrants. The more the better.

#439 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

Well guys sadly I'm out of Romp In Swamp so it is "officially" a tournament for mere mortals now :wink:Seriously I have to drop my daughter off at UT that weekend. I was so bummed when my wife told me a few days ago when the drop off is.

Oh man, major bummer. Is Allen still planning on attending?

#442 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I'm trying to come up with a few surprises for the Red River Replay. No spoilers will be provided!

Any ideas for a side tournament? Having a side tournament will allow all the participants to get IFPA points from two separate entries and will help them start having their scores count to tournament total points at stake (I think they need three entries before they start to add value to tournaments...so adding a side tourney will get first timers 2/3's the way there).

#448 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

This was my weekend, almost got it working 100%.

Sweet! I call Barraka or Sub Zero when I head your way next.

#449 3 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

I have that same cabinet - but with a Tekken disc and sticker. Eventually I'll get it converted to Mame

Hey wizzardz! Think you'll make it to Lake Charles next Saturday?

#454 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

He is but he isn't lol. He doesn't get on much like Preston doesn't. I don't get on much but I look like a maniac compared to Allen. hahaha

Any word from Allen if he is still coming to the Romp in the Swamp?

#456 3 years ago

We are just a few days away from the Romp in the Swamp. We currently have ten games set up and ready for tournament play (plus safe cracker which will only be utilized in the side tournament).

We play tested Varkon last night. It will be a tournament game, set to three balls, it's playing really great.

#464 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

This should be a little distracting lol

Now announcing a team event side tournament: zuckboy and pinball-is-great will be on a team wearing their matching outfits!

#471 3 years ago

Tiger and Pav keep us posted if Romp in the swamp gets rained out. Radar looks like you guys are getting some heavy rain.

We will be moving forward so long as the power stays on with whoever comes.

#484 3 years ago

Hey everyone:

The Romp in the Swamp is still happening today. If you can get here safely and trouble free please come.

That said, many of our commitments are not able to make it. The tournament will be smaller than anticipated. We will hold a Romp in the Swamp II a bit sooner than anticipated since so many of our good friends are being rained out. I will discuss this with Jody tonight and let y'all know the date he wants to do the next event.

Anyway, for those of you making it today we look forward to hosting you.

#496 3 years ago

Big thanks to everyone who made it and everyone who tried to make it. Special thanks to Jodester for being the tourney director.

And, of course, congrats to Pinball-is-great for winning the main tourney and to Jodester for winning the side tourney! It was really a fun tourney and PavBall and I enjoyed hosting.

All the machines held up great throughout the tourney. I don't believe we had so much as a single glass removing stuck ball during the entire six hour period.

PavBall, Jodester and I will discuss possible dates for the Romp in the Swamp 2. As I mentioned earlier, due to the significant rain outs to our east and the absent Moncla Mafia members to our west, we will try and hold one more tourney here this year sometime.

#501 3 years ago
    Quoted from Invalesco:

Thanks TigerLaw, had a great time at Romp in the Swamp!

Glad you did so well in your first tourney! I hope you can make the Shreveport tourney at Nevus' place on September 24.

#502 3 years ago

Allen clearly dominated throughout the tournament on Sorcerer. He won a game on it every match I believe.

Allen smoked Sorcerer all night. I clearly need to spend some time practicing on it, I only won one game on it in tourney.

Varkon (1982) was an equalizer pinball machine for me during the tournament to help me win a few games.
    This early 80's machine has an upper and lower playfield, and is housed in a video arcade style cabinet.

You went undefeated on Varkon as I recall. You were playing really well on it all night. It certainly was fun having it in the tourney. I think we will have Varkon as a regular moving forward since it was popular with several participants.

Also, the side tourney went really well with Safe Cracker. We will absolutely be featuring that same style side tourney next time as well.

#504 3 years ago
    Quoted from GreenWave:

Thanks to TigerLaw and PavBall for hosting such a great tournament... and to Jodester for doing a great job as tournament director! The games were beautiful and held up perfectly. We had a blast, and it was great meeting all the new folks. Congrats to all the winners! The rain and flooding just couldn't keep a good Romp down!

Glad you guys made it! I hope ya'll are able to make the September 24th tourney in Shreveport as well!

#507 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Boooo! It looks like Star Trek will be heading back to Tiger and I get my Tron back. Looking forward to the change.

Yep, I gotta say, we will miss Tron with it leaving, but we are looking forward to having ST back. I'll have to work on knocking that combo champion score off!

#508 3 years ago

Update:

Romp in the Swamp 2 will be conducted on October 1st. This is being done so soon due to the substantial rain outs we had last weekend.

Same side tourney with Safe Cracker.

For the main tourney we may have a different four player bank system or possibly have the loser bracket be best 2 out of 3 instead of 3 out of 5. Jodester will make a decision on this facet. Also, we are not sure if this will be a Project Pinball tourney, other charity tourney, or regular tourney - Jodester will make the call on this as well.

Special thanks to both PavBall and Jodester for making this happen. Thanks also to Zukboy for agreeing to make more trophies. I hope those who were rained out Saturday are able to make this one.

#511 3 years ago

Just mentioning that Nevus created an "event" for the Sep 24th Red River Replay pinball tournament that he is hosting.
    On Pinside, click on Events, then click on September to adv calendar to next month.
    Then click on the correct dot on Sat Sep 24, and you should be able to indicate if you are going or not. So far there is only 4 Pinsiders listed as going.

Now there are 5 going.

The Gulf Coast Club will be well represented in Shreveport I believe.

#514 3 years ago

There is a Joust pinball for sale on Pinside out of St. Louis, MO for $4950.
    This machine is a ton of fun to play at pinball parties and at expos/festivals.
    Can't afford it myself, but would be willing to go in on a group purchase.

I've always wanted one of these. Would be awesome to have for parties and tourneys. I'm done with pin acquisitions till 2017 though, so I'm passing on everything till then.

1 week later
    #528 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

The getaway home safe and sound. Can't wait to sink my teeth in it tonight

Looking forward to playing this one! Haven't played a Getaway in years.

#530 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Im looking to trade my X-Men LE Wolverine. Id trade down a little for the right pin. id also do 2 for one deals also. im open for suggestions if anybody is interested.

Jodester wants one.

#531 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Im looking to trade my X-Men LE Wolverine. Id trade down a little for the right pin. id also do 2 for one deals also. im open for suggestions if anybody is interested.

You need to update your collection and wishlist on Pinside!

#535 3 years ago

Snuck this in on Jodester's Star Trek before heading back home.

So, the Star Trek is back home where she belongs...and on my first game reunited with my baby, this happened. Sorry...

image (resized).jpeg

#539 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

TWD, GOT, T3, Met, XM. Sigh. I'll know for sure when I get home.

I have four of the games you're considering. XM is my favorite of the four. My suggestion:

Grab an XM while you can find a good one. Then sell Kiss, grab a Metallica. Last year of a production for the title.

#540 3 years ago

I finally got on the board (4th place but still) on my Sorcerer. 3.754 mill. Preston and Allen had blown up the top scores.

I'm determined to get better at that game so it's not a free win for people when they come over and play me on it.

#544 3 years ago

The Beaumont wing of this club has put their tourney up on the event page. Add yourself as going if you plan on going so they can plan best for the out of towners.

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/oil-city-open-2016

#548 3 years ago

PavBall and I are putting up our Iron Man Vault Refinery Edition for trade for an MMr. Let me know if anyone in the group knows anyone who might be interested in a trade +/- cash such as this:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-iron-man-pro-vault-edition-stern-2014-2022

#549 3 years ago

Anyone here getting in on the new Batman?

#552 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Love the theme, but not buying anything without more information.
    I'm sure it's going to be great but we will wait to make sure everything is good.
    Our Ghostbusters Pro has zero ghosting but the crazy stories showing up with the LE's has me a bit worried about my premium. Hopefully the issues have been solved.

Good point. Best to take a wait and see approach. I'm really looking forward to playing BM66 though!

#558 3 years ago

Mudflaps are you stationed in Korea? I did lots of drinking when I was there in 1988

I went to South Korea for a week in 2014. Beer was $4 a bottle. Hard alcohol was even more expensive. At $4 a beer, that's basically banning beer. The Koreans are just not big drinkers in general as a people...at least not compared to Americans.

#562 3 years ago

Tiger law you should have asked for some Soju it will get you going I remember something about invisibility and invincibility when you drink it just depends on how much. I know the Rock Army (Korean Army) soldiers could drink but you're right in don't recall a lot of Koreans in the bars even when we went to a Korean bar and not a club for the Americans

What I observed in a week in Korea was the Koreans are not that big into drinking or dining. They do not have long dinners where everyone hangs around the food chatting, the restaurants feed you and sweep you out.

I drank some Soju, but if you order more than one fill of it while at a restaurant you get looked at like you have some kind of drinking problem. Did you see the glass they usually serve it in? The one that talks about you missing work if you finish one glass...I mean, it really is ridiculous. Here is a copy, the same glass is in every restaurant that serves it...it's like a comical government warning not to drink and miss work.

Soju shot glass (resized).jpg

#565 3 years ago

When did you pick up a Dr. Dude?

Any hotel suggestions near your house? Marriotts preferred but Embassy Suit would be cool too if one is nearby.

We are super excited about your tourney. I'm going to go practice some Assault the Vault right now.

#569 3 years ago
    Quoted from GreenWave:

So, I couldn't let TigerLaw, PavBall and Zukboy have all the Met fun.... Metallica Premium Refinery Edition has officially joined the family!

Oh man, those purple ramps are gorgeous!!!

#575 3 years ago

Custom painted sparky is always a good idea!

#583 3 years ago

The Hoff will be making celebrity guest appearances at upcoming pinball tournaments and expos this year.
    He will be available for taking photographs with fans, and will be demonstrating proper head bobbling techniques.

Have you installed him in vehicle? That'd be awesome!

Jodester hid his prize. He and I will have side tournament bets with the karate kid photo moving forward.

image (resized).jpeg

#585 3 years ago

(at booth for GCPC & ArkLaTex Pinball Club)

Are we getting a both at HAAG? With Marcus being the tourney director I plan to spend most of the show in the tourney area like we did last year.

#586 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

Plus I've been dying to have sparky painted we just can't decide on what to paint him like.

Paint him like Preston. Give him a full beard and everything! It may toss Preston off his game when y'all have tourneys.

#588 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I hadn't thought of it, but I wasn't planning to bring games. Do you want it just to support the show or for a specific reason like placing our games? I had a good time last year just hanging out in the tournament room.

I don't think we need a booth. I was just responding to Pinball-is-great. The tournament area will be my hang out spot this year for sure.

#592 3 years ago

I'm bringing Quicksilver but it will be a tournament game in the tourney area. I assume it will fit in my Cad SRX? I know it doesn't fit a modern Stern, I hope it fits the classic stern.

#594 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

$375 round trip SFO to Shreveport weekend of 9/24!

We had a guest from Tennessee come in for Romp in the Swamp I!

Man, I'm so ready for your tourney! Can't wait to check out your Safe Cracker and BBB. Going to be a fun tourney.

#601 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Get "Lost in the Zone" tonight at 9:00
    http://www.twitch.tv/thepinballmafia

We logged in but we couldn't get the live feed. Are they saved? Can we watch the older ones?