3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,410 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by WavingWilly
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,879 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6EF22B8D-240A-4E57-981C-E4EAC2D04C7B (resized).jpeg
    8902C516-EB29-47F1-A428-525A73EC1840 (resized).jpeg
    86ADC368-B7AF-4E1F-9D0E-16D0A59A7B6B (resized).jpeg
    85ED8E59-D62B-4B4B-BDBF-1EBBE6FD9453 (resized).jpeg
    69C7997D-EB5A-433E-8284-3FA90814F732 (resized).jpeg
    F972159F-C2CF-4EB4-891A-1DFDF17C8373 (resized).jpeg
    50DFF96C-E008-447E-9A10-DCCC56F0738E (resized).jpeg
    771D1EF5-3D9E-41D0-BB1F-8455533EBA14 (resized).png
    B1434FBE-841B-48E0-BC1F-9866ABB68AFF (resized).jpeg
    701EFE9F-490B-43B2-A9D8-399E5202DD31 (resized).jpeg
    A9F2814C-8E59-449A-A289-28E65A824666 (resized).jpeg
    6B6CAF5D-F25D-4F18-B75E-B19B2C39ECD9 (resized).jpeg
    0F3C2E88-F297-4493-B21B-639B1358743A (resized).jpeg
    E6B17213-A468-40EB-A942-1D50322ADDF8 (resized).jpeg
    9CEA382D-ABF4-40F1-89E1-CA492C70C32C (resized).jpeg
    E3B85B63-A66B-49AA-B8F1-45FD15D08868 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Post #1592 Possible date for sept tourney. Posted by Nevus (2 years ago)

Post #3395 Pinball story in Shreveport featuring Nevis. Posted by Mudflaps (1 year ago)

Post #3580 The club getting a both at TPF. Posted by Nevus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago

He beat my grand champion score and he didn't know what he was doing lol! He didn't even skill shot

2 weeks later
    #132 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Happy Father's Day gulf coast pinball club!

Some Father's Day fun at the Mafia Headquarters.

image_(resized).jpeg

image_(resized).jpeg

#133 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Do you like it better with the clear ramp? It looks better to me in the photos.

Yep as Leon said: the votes are are all for it being better. It's night and day in my opinion

#167 3 years ago
    Quoted from epichoff:

Hello gang. Im a new pinsider from new iberia la getting into this hobby. Getting a wwe le and then a ghostbusters le also. Pinball is so much fun!!!

Here is a link to our Facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/GulfCoastPinballClub/?ref=bookmarks

#168 3 years ago

Our new GB Premium!

image_(resized).jpeg

#203 3 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

Why did Preston not play in the Austin Papa tournament?

It turned out to be a 3 day event. None of us could get that much time.

#204 3 years ago

We plan on having people over when the GB premium arrives. Crossing our fingers at we get it in July!

2 weeks later
    #290 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Man those are cool I like how they look like they let some light through.

Thanks for the compliment. We spent a long time working on those. We are obviously excited about them. I love photography so it was a fun project to take our own pics. I told my wife I wanted to start printing some of my good pics. I don't think she expected this LOL.

2 weeks later
    #393 3 years ago

Congrats to Preston for taking home the B Division Championship from Pinburgh this weekend. GCPC adds another notch in our belt!

#438 3 years ago

Well guys sadly I'm out of Romp In Swamp so it is "officially" a tournament for mere mortals now :wink:Seriously I have to drop my daughter off at UT that weekend. I was so bummed when my wife told me a few days ago when the drop off is.

But on a cool note I'm very proud of my finish in the Pinburgh Match Play Championship. I finished in a tie for 203 out of 700 of the best players the world has to offer. (At least 700 of the best that could make it)

#440 3 years ago

I'm not sure. I'll have to ask him.

#453 3 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

Is Allen on Pinside?

He is but he isn't lol. He doesn't get on much like Preston doesn't. I don't get on much but I look like a maniac compared to Allen. hahaha

#459 3 years ago

Allen said he is coming after he gets off work. Not sure when that will be. Sometimes he works till 3:00

#494 3 years ago

Can't believe I had to mis it but in glad to hear you might be repeating it soon!!!!

1 week later
    #524 3 years ago

The live stream was fun! I was wondering how it would turn out but I think it turned out great. We had fun and it was so much fun talking to people as we played. For the record my 14 yr old daughter Kelly never lost a game. I think she finished 3rd or 2nd every time.

1 week later
    #574 3 years ago

I'm really itching to get some purple armor for our pro now! Plus I've been dying to have sparky painted we just can't decide on what to paint him like. Lately we were leaning towards a Godfather theme since we have the mafia nickname now.

2 weeks later
    #610 3 years ago

Reminder for the 3rd annual Oil City Open Sunday October 9th. I don't have a pic of the trophies yet but Jodi can vouch for how cool they are!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1821431734804787/

OilCityOpen2016 (resized).jpg

#620 3 years ago

Those sure are different! I like em. I'll post up a pic of ours so far soon! I think you all will like them too.

#634 3 years ago

Step 2: Mmmmmm

#635 3 years ago

Ok here are the unfinished trophies for the Oil City Open. They are close to being done.

IMG_8228 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #679 3 years ago

The Oil City Open trophies are ready! Will you win one???

IMG_8261 (resized).JPG

IMG_8262 (resized).JPG

3 months later
    #929 3 years ago

Here is my addition to your schedule concept Nevus: We usually do the Shoot Again Shootout in April or May and the Oil City Open in October.

2017 Pinball Calendar Gulf Coast and ArkLaTex
    Jan
    February 11 LA state championship. Lake a Charles, LA
    March 24-26 Texas Pinball Festival. Frisco Tx
    April
    May (TBA) Shoot Again Shootout. Bmt, TX
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October (TBA) Oil City Open. Bmt, TX
    November (TBA) Houston Arcade Expo
    December

#930 3 years ago

Leon and I ordered a new Aerosmith Pro yesterday!! I'm super stoked about it! We went with the pro even though we had the money for a premium saved up. The premium and LE don't seem to offer much except the upper playfield which seems useless to me. It is super tight and has 5 little targets you have to cradle the ball and back hand them all. Also I think the premium and LE have a drop target in front of the elevator scoop. So with that in mind we went Pro. I did a real quick mock up of what color we want to powder coat the armor.

AreosmithProBlue (resized).jpg

3 months later
    #1216 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pickle:

Is there a link or sign up for the tourney on the 30th? Sounds like a fun day trip and me and a friend would like to go. Just need the details.
    Thanks.

We didn't post the entrance fee (we haven't decided it honestly. It's usually between 10-20) The "official" site is here https://www.facebook.com/events/104012616805008/

If I make changes it will be updated on that page. Hope to see you!!!

#1224 2 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

Hope everyone had a great Easter! We are now up at the hospital expecting baby 4 in a couple of hours!

Congrats!! So exciting! I mentioned you last night on our live stream of Spider-Man. I was talking about how I recommended it to you for a family purchase since you like Metallica but weren't sure of it fitting in well in your home. At the time last night I completely forgot you were in the club LOL. I'm such a dummy

#1240 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Hey, planning on trying to meet Leon tomorrow. Hoping to meet more of you. Work sucks, too much to do so little time. Saw a Pin Bot for sale. Guy would take $250 but apparently the head had been cut off at one point and it had no legs. I thought about it and I already have a basket case I'm working on and absolutely no time for that amount of soldering and heat shrink wrapping. Also who knows what was wrong with it prior to the head being severed?!?!?

Looking forward to meeting you today. - Dennis

#1246 2 years ago

We definitely need to work it out to have a pinball party/BBQ soon!!!

#1257 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Totally right. Perhaps add a few bucks to the tourney entry fee to cover the food?

I was already thinking of adding a small fee for the gumbo and supplies. I think we really need to to help defer cost of both now. What do you guys think is a fair amount for food?

3 weeks later
    #1371 2 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Preston would kill me. Lol

Dennis would kill you lol

#1392 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

What's the link?

For future reference www.twitch.tv/thepinballmafia

I also always post the link in my FB live stream right before we go live on twitch.

3 weeks later
    #1483 2 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Hey Seth, I just saw that a BBQ place in Tomball made Texas Monthlys top 10.
    It is called the Tejas Chocolate Craftery.
    Have you tried it yet?

I just had it this weekend. Awesome!

1 week later
    #1510 2 years ago

Spending Father's Day at a pinball tournament is my kind of Father's Day!!! Can't wait!

#1568 2 years ago

Tiger I think you have the only photo of Josh and I as the final two for the Project Pinball Tournament. We posed for a pic with someone lol.

#1579 2 years ago

Tiger before you leave do you have the pic of Josh and I from the finals of the Project Pinball Tournament? Have a great trip!!!

#1589 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, I've been meaning to post the results of the overflow tourney. PavBall has been on my case about it. I'll get it done on Wednesday.

Um, yeah you will lol. I won that thing and need my points

Btw, Thanks for posting the pictures.

#1602 2 years ago

Yeah the Oil City Open is always in October. We moved it up a week or two due to the Houston reschedule of Arcade Expo but kept it in October. I can't go to a tournament on the 9th or the weekend near the 23rd. So the first one or the 16th so far for me. I don't wan't to miss this one as it is my first title to defend.

Edit: Tiger not sure if we are going but if we do you can tag along for sure.

#1611 2 years ago

PLEASE upload the results!!

#1638 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

LOL! Maybe we should change that rule to never more than 3 games at a time. We gotta let everybody else have a shot at the games for sale. (Looking at you Monclas)

What can I say? We haven't had hardly any project machines in a while then one week it rained machines lol.

#1639 2 years ago

Also, Noah we are probably going to sell Flipper Parade after we stream it. It's almost 100% now.

#1652 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

It really stinks that I work the weekend of Josh's tourney. My only consolation is that the Hobbit may be here by then.
    Looks like GoT will be gone on Saturday too. Now I need to decide what to do with my spare pinball cash. Do I buy an Aerosmith or a Houdini or the infamous Star Wars...hmmm...
    I will plan all my free time in the Shire once I get off work....

Thought you were looking for a Spiderman?

10 months later
    #2696 1 year ago

Wow, I forgot what pinside looked like. I like what you guys have done with the place lol.

The Beaumont Enterprise will not let you link to the article so I took screen shots of it so you could read it. Enjoy!

Article 1 (resized).jpgArticle 2 (resized).jpgArticle 3 (resized).jpg
    Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Other
    PinBoss Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    Flipper Parts
    TheDudeMods
    Playfield - Protection
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 17.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Haus
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    Various Other Swag
    Shoot Again Pinball
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Led
    Geeteoh Electronics
    $ 11.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kingnine.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside