Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,980 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 hours ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8864 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8863 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240407_155527588 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155535348 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155543392 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1592 Possible date for sept tourney. Posted by Nevus (6 years ago)

Post #3395 Pinball story in Shreveport featuring Nevis. Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #3580 The club getting a both at TPF. Posted by Nevus (5 years ago)

Post #5189 Charitable event in Houston. Posted by lizzyd (2 years ago)

Post #5398 Wife present of the year for 2021! Posted by Bfults (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PoBoyPinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

584 posts in this topic match your search for posts by PoBoyPinball. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #19 7 years ago

Had a great time enjoyed (my first) tournament now if some one can help me figure out how to become a IFPA member that would be great. Maybe by the time someone has the next tournament I will be a member of IFPA. And Yes I have been to the IFPA web site...

#31 7 years ago

Thanks All.

Jodester loaded the results with IFPA and now I'm able to find myself and updated my profile so ready for the next tournament.

#61 7 years ago

None tournament but have played in, you can take a game like Jodesters Paragon or Laser Ball first person to roll the score win's a bottle of booze. Or X$ buy-in 4 plays on a game highest score at the end gets the $$$ the more that buy in the higher the pot. On this some one has to record the scores or you have to take one of your games that can record initials and wipe out high scores to record for you if you don't want someone to have to record the scores.

#67 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Come to one of our parties and the Moncla Mafia will make you a made man...and teach you the secret handshake.

Cant be a club with out the t-shirts. Oh ya I think someone had a "Moncla Mafia" shirt on at the party so it must be a club....

#89 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Future Louisiana state champion Henry you mean!!

It would be cool to see Henry and Preston play a game.

#100 7 years ago

Thanks Nevus for the drop target and its hardware another game will now live. And thanks for letting me get a few game in and leaving Henry a challenge I'm sure he will wipe out my initials in no time

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm just surprised Preston didn't have a beard in the photos!

untitled_(resized).pnguntitled_(resized).png

#105 7 years ago

looks like Cyclone, I have that game... Except mine sheded its paint.

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Photo filename says Comet, which is in the same series of 3 with theme park theme, correct?

Yep I missed that so the real question is how long did it stay in the middle of the yard and did it get played in the yard? I once bought a cocktail pin and played it in my van before I pulled it out when I got it home.

1 week later
    #153 7 years ago

A little late fathers days took my dad to

#154 7 years ago

LTG s

#156 7 years ago

Hopkins Minnesota. If you ever take your Family to the Mall Of America you are not to far from Hopkins

#158 7 years ago

Yep

#166 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Heres the plaques I made for the top 3 finishers

Nice

#169 7 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

Our new GB Premium!

Must be in ghost mode

#200 7 years ago
    Quoted from epichoff:

Will try and make Aug 13 tournament. Will be in fort walton on the 16th of July. Anyone know of any pins in the area? (Destin, fort walton, pensacola).

If you have an IPhone there is Pinball finder app you can install. It can be dated for some locations it needs pinheads such as us to update it when you find a game on location or remove one if it's no longer there. I have found it to be useful

#202 7 years ago

On a side note after I downloaded it and was showing it to my family one of my daughters asked dad why isn't our house on there.

#205 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

He would have loved to.
    But he had to work this weekend because he is going to a big event in Austin all next weekend.
    Life just gets in the way. Wish we could do it all.

Are you guys going to Make Zukboys tourney in Houma?

#234 7 years ago

Had to feed my pinball buying addiction last night

#236 7 years ago

Thanks I wish the playfield would have been in a little better shape. I will send out pics after I get it cleaned up. Funny story on this one the owner ( a lady) showed me how to turn it on and then to show me it worked started playing it, and I mean playing it she was pretty good and then told me about the kids and the grandkids liking it. I thought oh boy she is going to back out of the sale. But she didn't as they were moving and didn't want to take it with them.

#239 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Just a reminder about the tournament. And if we can get 20 people I will give away Williams beat time to the 1st place winner.

Nice.

#240 7 years ago

Looks like all the gulf coasters posted vacation pics so her you go lock and damn #3 on the mighty Mississippi and a new Amazon building in Shakopee Minnesota

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#256 7 years ago

Moved my Super Sonic out of the game room and moved Black Pyramid in kids came over for our early 4th as today was the only day they all had off so some fun with fire works BBQ and game room action

#258 7 years ago

I see beat time is on rollers (ready for its new home) looking forward to the tourney your line up looks great.

#270 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

I'm going on a warehouse raid Sunday so I might be getting back late but y'all are more than welcome to come when I get back.

There goes that pool table money. Get and send some pics of findings

#285 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Can't wait for your next party with the BBB on display.

You guys make it sound like we can't play it "on display" Say it isn't so we come to play

#288 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

My Brother and I took some closeup photos of some of our games and had them printed at a local print shop on the material they use to do car wraps with. We put them in our upper game room windows to help block out the afternoon sun and because they just look so damn cool.
    Posted it on the Gulfcoast Facebook page but thought it deserved a spot here as well.
    Love the way they turned out.

Man those are cool I like how they look like they let some light through.

#299 7 years ago

It looks like about a 4hr drive for me hope to ride my bike no rain all week and now chances of rain this weekend go figure. Still not sure how I will strap beat time to the bike when I win!

#305 7 years ago

Thanks Zukboy, pinball-is-great and jodster on the tournament had a great time

#330 7 years ago

Grandson getting some games in.

#331 7 years ago

I'm thinking September for a Shreveport Tournament.

Cool will this one be the Port City pinball tournament? Zukboy's was South Louisiana Summer tournament and we have Romp in the Swamp coming up. So you now have to name yours

#359 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

What's everyone up to this weekend? Any pinball related activities going on?

Wax on Wax off. Just cleaning and then adjusting

#375 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

Hey everybody! I'm new to the pinball sickness. I live in SETX. My name is Seth. Don't know a lot about pinball and all its jargon and abbreviations but I do know I love the silver ball.
    Here's a shot of my first owned machine yesterday as my 2 oldest kids played their first round of pinball ever!?

Welcome to your new addiction pinball machines are like potato chips you can't just have 1. I told that to my insurance lady once when I added a third bike to my policy said you just can't have 1. I started with an EM electric mechanical and still have it before you know you will be looking for game 2....

1 week later
    #404 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Jodester has talked PavBall and I into dragging our HUO clear coated Doctor Who from the office and having it in the Romp in the Swamp.
    The settings will be brutal on Doctor Who. A two second ball save only.

I tend to find myself stepping back from a game and someone telling me you got a ball save when playing in the tourney's. My games are (old) old school so ball save is when you launch the ball and literally score nothing. Since I'm new to the tourney's is ball save ever disabled?

#406 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

I feel so lost when y'all talk about the tournaments. I don't understand the lingo. Is there a pinball tournaments for dummies?

Yes just come to one, I have been playing pinball for a long time, I have went to EXPO's and all kinds of pinball places. I just recently started playing in the tournaments, if you can make it to TigerLaws I would recommend you come. Its just playing pinball and socializing with a great group of people.

#408 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

I

I feel like I would suck so bad. Also where is it?

There is always a warm up so you can get games in before it gets started and get familiar with the games. Its in Lake Charles looks like about 1 hr from you maybe less (TX speed limits)... Just go to one of his post click on his icon and send him a PM. You can also go to the events page on here (pinside) its Romp in The Swamp. You never know how you will do just hope you don't draw Preston for your first game. (Inside Joke)...

#412 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Preston will be out of town during the Romp in the Swamp. This is the first tournament we had where a mere mortal can win it all.

Ya Hooooo someone finally picked a day Preston has to work or something... besides kill it at pinball

#437 7 years ago

What time does warm up start for the Romp

#467 7 years ago

Those are cool as chit I would like to take the red one home

#470 7 years ago

Tiger and Pav keep us posted if Romp in the swamp gets rained out. Radar looks like you guys are getting some heavy rain.

#472 7 years ago

Sounds good, I don't mind a little rain.

#480 7 years ago

Nice find Nevus looks good in its new spot

#486 7 years ago

Tiger looks like I'm out I started that way but had to head home not so much weather but something else came up at that I had to turn around for. Sorry I couldn't make it I wanted to

#516 7 years ago

Another pin event is awesome I just looked back through my calendar and have been to a pinball event of some sort every month since April with the exception of this month's rain out but looks like that will be made up in October with 2 tournaments plus there are a few previous months that I did double pin related things besides the normal buying selling and playing my own games

#518 7 years ago

Any one going to GEEK’D CON this weekend in Shreveport? My daughter and son-in-law went last year and have talked us into going with them this year.

1 week later
    #543 7 years ago

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#556 7 years ago

Mudflaps are you stationed in Korea? I did lots of drinking when I was there in 1988 no Driving ate at Mr Lee's make shift burger joint nothing like a hamburger at 2 am with an egg on it when you come out of the club's.

#560 7 years ago

Blame it on the Olympics in 1987 a beer was about .80 cents I went back in 2008 and I couldn't believe how much the country had changed 1988 no one had cars 2008 everyone has car's. There attitudes had changed also in 20 years. I asked about it and with the Olympics their country was basically discovered by all the other countries.

#561 7 years ago

Tiger law you should have asked for some Soju it will get you going I remember something about invisibility and invincibility when you drink it just depends on how much. I know the Rock Army (Korean Army) soldiers could drink but you're right in don't recall a lot of Koreans in the bars even when we went to a Korean bar and not a club for the Americans

#563 7 years ago

Glasses, they didn't have those when I was there, here is what a small jungle juice looked like if you wanted a large it came in a kitty pool. both with straws they didn't let us have glass...

c9aaae808cbb9e409a8d4c2c37a369a1 (resized).jpgc9aaae808cbb9e409a8d4c2c37a369a1 (resized).jpg

#567 7 years ago

Ah I see you found a safecracker

#579 7 years ago

Project pinball (as in playing 1 of my projects)

1 week later
    #603 7 years ago

TigerLaw when is the replay of Romp-The-Swamp?

#614 7 years ago

Speaking of party I finally booked my room for HAAG and for those of you that don't know that is also my last name Haag.

#618 7 years ago

I like blue

#636 7 years ago

I'm here (in Blanchard)

#650 7 years ago

Thanks Nevus had a great time didn't do so good in the tourney but always fun to get together with fellow pinballerz

#665 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Well, I never in a million years thought this would happen.
    But yesterday my wife asked me if I wanted to go the the Chicago Pinball Expo for my birthday.
    Wait,what?
    Did I just hear that?
    Now I have a hotel, plane tickets for myself and Preston and the biggest smile you could imagine

Man you lucky dog you better keep her and give her a big kiss

#666 7 years ago

You lucky dog you better keep her and give her a big kiss Epic birthday gift

1 week later
    #690 7 years ago

Couldn't make tonight's tournament but still had fun Red Devils won

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#710 7 years ago
    Quoted from KornFreak28:

I wanted to join because I have lots of family in Houston (I was born there) and I go all the time. But rules are rules. Thanks

There is a few groups in Houston the HAAG group and SHAG

#711 7 years ago

So it's soon to be Friday night lights go out and support your local high school football cheerleaders and band. You can guess where I'll be tonight

#731 7 years ago

GCPC who all is representing at HAAG ? Wife and I are going not bring a game but have room and tickets.... Who will we see there????

#733 7 years ago

Expo next month the game preserve I think there is a joysticks in Houston I'm sure you can find some games in bars it's Houston

2 weeks later
    #764 7 years ago

I had never played Sorcerer bofore Romp in the Swamp II , but have to say that was my favorite game at TigerLaws and Pav's

#769 7 years ago

Your a mad man I followed those HEP builds I would have to open those up as soon as I got them.

#799 7 years ago

My wife and I are in Livingston TX will be at the Expo tomorrow

1 week later
    #812 7 years ago

Great nephew and niece in from GA for thanksgiving intro to pinball notice she's playing with her doll under her arm

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#817 7 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving GCPC

1 week later
    #842 7 years ago

Picked this up from Jodester a few weeks ago changed the high score today

#844 7 years ago

Welcome back to the states Mudflaps hope your enjoying all of this rain

#853 7 years ago

Congratulations Tiger and Pav

2 weeks later
    #870 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

It will fit 8
    He will tell the wife 7
    He will cram 10!

What his wife doesn't realize is she is now an enabler. Before she knows it he will have another pin then another, then when the game room is full he will be looking to put a game or two back in the house (that he buys)…

#873 7 years ago

Finally got my sound working again on Stellar Wars. Would have about 30 seconds of sound when you started a game then nothing.
    1 new cap kit (that didn't fix it)
    2 new sound rom (that didn't fix it)
    3 6802 processor chip and we are back to normal (sound fixed)

So my first sound board overhaul

#874 7 years ago

Merry Christmas GCPC

#882 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

I was mistaken, the building is 12*16...
    Smaller than I anticipated but I still count my blessings on having this space available to further pursue my hobby.

First thought outlets 2 on the back wall, 2 on each side wall 1 on each side of your door. Breaker box placement keep in mind where you are putting your games so you can still get to it and also AC/Heat same thing keep in mind where you want to put your games.

4 pins back wall or 3 pins and Skee ball should work in a 12' wide space. I pinball will take up about 5' in depth/length so that leaves you with about 11 feet to play with after placing the games on the back wall. Not sure how long a skee ball game is but I think its going to eat up a lot of space. Where you have your spare pins now you could move them to the door side of your space 1 on each side of the door leaving your center open. But I don't think that would work with the skee ball? My advice move your games out there and then play around with placement if you have your table already put that in the mix when you try your new layout. No matter how you do it you should enjoy having them in one spot to go and play them.

#897 7 years ago

Happy New Years.

#898 7 years ago

Some early short action in the game room he didn't last long but he play some more tomorrow

#913 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I could sell PavBall on it, espeically if Pinball-is-Great would drive it down to me next time he was up there. Sadly, it would mean she would make me get rid of Varkon or worse...not get Dialed In.

You just need more space for Games. Time to rent or buy another building a dedicate it for Games? Maybe start something like the game preserve in LC....

#914 7 years ago

If I remember correctly you took some (games) to work. Open a 3rd location, if you build it they (we'll) be sure to come.

#919 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Perhaps we rent a couple RVs from Cruising USA and make a six day trip out of it.

untitled (resized).pnguntitled (resized).png

ev (resized).pngev (resized).png

#926 7 years ago
    Quoted from GreenWave:

Christmas came a little late in NOLA, but better late than never!

So I cant believe you haven't opened that bad boy and posted some pics? Must be to busy playing it.

3 weeks later
    #968 7 years ago

First boiling / eating of 2017. It's good to live in LA.

#971 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I'm ready to eat and they're too hig cooked right now.

Last weekend we checked our favorite spot to buy them live and they were $3+ a pound live. Drove by today and asked what live was going for and they were down to $2.19 a pound live. So picked up a the smallest sack they had (32 pounds). They didn't last long

#975 7 years ago

Josh looks like a 2 for 1 deal what's the game behind it with the playfeild lifted?

#984 7 years ago

Leaky good luck with that I had a old school Pepsi bottle machine and a candy/gum machine. Here is what you will find out you and your wife will get the pleasure of filling them then you will also find yourself giving the kids the money to get the stuff out. But honestly it's fun cool to have them in my case to have had them

#989 7 years ago

It looks like the box got damaged So I can see where Mudflaps will have to take it to his place take the game out of the box and it would take a month or so to fix the box then a few more weeks to get it back to you....

Who you gona call Ghost Busters

#1008 7 years ago

Just got home from EM class in Hockley TX good to have seen some fellow GCPC members there. I'm still no EM expert but i do think I learned something

1 week later
    #1018 7 years ago

A pic from some of the game play yesterday

#1028 7 years ago
    #1029 7 years ago

So much for not buying any more games this year. And I guess so much for not buying any more EM's. These were some what of have to buys my wife found these over 5 years ago and tried to get them for me as a birthday gift. Well that didn't happen but the family remembered us when it was time to let them go so I got them today only took like 6+ years to make the deal. They need a good cleaning so that will be happening soon.

#1039 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

I got "the bug" bug time on pinball after my 11 year old sone drug me to an arcade in Houston.

If you haven't already take your son to the game preserve and the Lone Star pinball museum in Hockley you can Google both. For the Pinball museum you will have to coordinate your tour with the owner he loves to talk pinball and will turn on the games so you can play.

#1054 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Been quiet in here lately. What's everyone been up to?

Ordered some parts from Pinball Resource this week. Now debating on doing my first cab stencil or not? Game is Gottlieb Aquarius. Nothing special but brought it back from not working to working just have e few more lights to get working properly then repopulate the play field once I get the parts. It should make someone a nice starter pin when I get it done.

#1061 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Just picked up this WPT and High roller casino. I got wpt cleaned and running this week and now on to the high roller. It needs a good bit of work but should clean up nice.

Man how do you find all of those games? Or they find you...

#1062 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Still making and replacing inserts on our Jacks Open.
    blockquote>

Looks good. Based off of pics I have seen of your game and seeing it at Dan's. Are you going to repaint the cab? Or go with the patina look?

#1064 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Man im always on the hunt. but sometimes they fall in my lap.

I know you wont give this up but you sure aren't hunting were everyone else is CL, Ebay and so on. You sure manage to find games the rest of the world doesn't seem to know about. You have some killer hunting grounds... and some nice games to prove it. Must be your operator connection?

#1077 7 years ago

Cool to see the kids playing. I always enjoy when my grandsons nephews and nieces ask if the can play. The answer is yes

#1091 7 years ago

Putting this out here this is mine I have it listed on CL for $450 for any pinsider the price would be $325.

cenla.craigslist.org link

#1092 7 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Putting this out here this is mine I have it listed on CL for $450 for any pinsider the price would be $325.
    cenla.craigslist.org link

Well that one didn't last long it just left for a new home.

#1105 7 years ago

The process has started picked up some awesome orange and a second cleaner to clean off the nicotine of the cabinet it rolled off with the awesome orange

1 week later
    #1137 7 years ago

Not sure if anyone watches tanked but they just had an episode were the did fish tanks around a pinball machine season 1 episode 6 pinball wizard's pretty cool

#1153 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Great pics guys! Wish I could have gone...

Me to but spent last week doing this.

#1154 7 years ago

But when the house is done its on to the bathroom in my game room

#1157 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Happy new year!
    Here is my New Years (Pinball) resolution.
    I would like to have a club calendar full of local and regional events to look forward to this year. Please copy and paste the schedule as you add to it.
    In 2016, I had a party in April and a Red River Replay in September. I'm ready to do, at least, that again this year. Dates are flexible for me. Mudflaps has 5 seriously beautiful games and he's just a few miles down the road from me now! Let's invite ourselves to his house.
    Lastly, some of us treaveled to other shows in 2016. The Moncla's went on a US tour. Henry and I went to Rocky Mountain. Let's do more of that. I would love to road trip to Atlanta this year and try the Southern Fried with some of our group.
    2017 Pinball Calendar Gulf Coast and ArkLaTex
    Jan
    February 11 LA state championship. Lake a Charles, LA
    March 24-26 Texas Pinball Festival. Frisco Tx
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November (TBA) Houston Arcade Expo
    December

Now that TPF has came and went does anyone have an update to this? What's the next LA event?

Wasn't able to make TPF due to TFND (the floor needed done) but almost done with that then on to the bathroom in the game room and I hope that 2017 will be the year I can have a open game room or tourney.

#1161 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yeah! We can go to my house and check out my porcelain clown doll collection.

Were you able to get any from this yard sale a few weekends ago?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#1179 7 years ago

thanks for updating that Chris.

Stinks for me as my job is going to have me on the road for a few weeks late April. So April 30 Shoot Again tournament. Bmt, TX is more then likely a no go.

I have family coming in early May. So May 6 Red River Replay 2, Shreveport LA is more then likely a no go

We have a grandchild due Mid April but we are thinking he will be here any day. I'm guessing my wife and mine anniversary the 7th. My wife thinks before then.

Looks like my next one I can make will be May 27 Romp in the Swamp III, Lake Charles?

#1181 7 years ago

houston.craigslist.org link

Went to this last year well kinda. Actually missed the swap meet but was there on the day afternoon/evening they had it.

00e0e_4O5zvKaBk3j_1200x900 (resized).jpg00e0e_4O5zvKaBk3j_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#1185 7 years ago

I know not a pinball but since Josh shared his find I had to share mine with the group. It's a 1954

#1187 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

You got it? That's awesome! It's a beautiful color!

Yes sir its at its new home and thanks earlier for the help with the "leakyfaucet" all is good now. I'll send you a pm on that game latter. We have a grandchild due any day so have a feeling I will be Shreveport bound at any time.

#1212 7 years ago

New grandson and Future pinball player Born yesterday 8 lbs. 11 oz. 20 1/2 inches long big boy.

#1218 7 years ago

This Pickle?

IMAG0415 (resized).jpgIMAG0415 (resized).jpg

#1226 7 years ago

Congrats and that was fast but I guess by your 4th you know what you're doing

#1230 7 years ago

So I'm at Fort Leavenworth today working (site survey's). So I'm on my 4th building at the base and it happens to be a teen center and the communication closet is in the game room, pool table, air hockey and so on. I turn around and what do I see (a pinball)? Drove me nuts some kid had managed to get all of the balls loaded in the shooter lane and to many ball's (weight) to launch them to get them back loaded. I didn't want to lift the machine since I was there on work, but man I wanted to fix it so bad or ask if I could buy it.

SDC16046 (resized).JPGSDC16046 (resized).JPG

#1233 7 years ago

Just hit the end of the shooter rod knob hard to jam it fwd to launch the balls out of the shooter lane.

If I would have had time and if some one would have been in the building I could have talked with I would have tried to fix it for them, but I was being escorted by a base IT guy so he wasn't as fired up as I was to find a pinball machine. Cool to find that they had one in this teen center I hope it gets played when its working.

#1239 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Saw a Pin Bot for sale. Guy would take $250 but apparently the head had been cut off at one point and it had no legs. I thought about it and I already have a basket case I'm working on and absolutely no time for that amount of soldering and heat shrink wrapping. Also who knows what was wrong with it prior to the head being severed?!?!?

Depending the condition of the rest of the game playfield cab boards? I would be all over that deal and bring it back to life

#1242 7 years ago

So if your ever at Fort Riley here is a place to play 620 Fort Riley Blvd, Manhattan, KS 66502, USA. Games played great and were in great working condition

#1249 7 years ago

Some good news for Pinball (if your mom or dad is in the Army) so today I'm at Fort Riley surveying and in the teen center a pinball machine. Today I was able to talk to one of the employees and she did say this one works and the kids do play it. She even said when a ball gets stuck the lift it up to get it unstuck. These are on free play. So two base and each had a pin in the teen center. Driving down to Fort Sill tomorrow so we will see if they have one? Cool to see pins in these teen centers.

SDC16124 (resized).JPGSDC16124 (resized).JPG

#1256 7 years ago

The mystery of the pinball machines on Post at the teen center has been solved. So No pinball machine at Fort Sill teen center , but I now know why. So it seems there is some standardization to the teen centers, learning room, technology room and so on, but there are a few rooms they can pick and Leavenworth and Riley chose game room so as part of their game room furniture packaging the get a pinball machine, How cool is that. Fort Sill did not pick a game room so no pin.
    Two more small bases to visit next week so I will see if they picked game room?

#1258 7 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/9883-jackson-s-coin-op-laundromat-amp-dry-cleaning-lawton-ok Thought I found a place to play at Fort Sill but game was inop

#1261 7 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

I was already thinking of adding a small fee for the gumbo and supplies. I think we really need to to help defer cost of both now. What do you guys think is a fair amount for food?

This is somewhat what I do for a living labor cost and project cost so just do the math. $5 each by 20 players is 100 bucks if that will cover your costs I would think that's cheap for some good food so if the tournament is 20 each charge 25 and say that includes food. If you get 30 people that's 150. If you know what your food cost is going to be divide that by your number of players to cover cost.

#1263 7 years ago

Now if your doing that "brisket" I have been reading about along with that good gumbo you may want to bump that cost up? Even at say $30 for the tournament and that included food (witch you had a lot off at your tournament I went to) that still wouldn't seem to expensive to me. 20 for tourney 10 for food all inclusive all pay weather they eat or not.

#1269 7 years ago

The only working game in town (that I can find) Lawton OK/Fort Sill

#1274 7 years ago

Why does all this talk about wood have to be so hard? Ha ha just had to get a wood joke in...

#1281 7 years ago
    Quoted from AvidListener:

Good work finding a second machine in Lawton, JAHpinWizard
    Nice that you updated the pin map with the Fish Tales info/photos. I hope the missing flipper is a sign they are performing a repair.....

What was odd was the Fish Tales was turned on but not playable. I guess they would do anything for a coin drop? I went in this morning and added the second location I found to the pin map so hopefully if any other pinsiders are ever in this area they can find this location easier.

#1283 7 years ago

Any one remember these?

#1284 7 years ago

Gents is warm up at 10 or tournement start at 10? Slight chance I may be able to make it? And what happened with all the wood talk?

#1291 7 years ago

Thanks I saw the 10 on your face book link so was wondering. Probably won't be able to make it but wanted to know the times incase I can. For the new guys I encourage you to go. You can play a lot in warm ups and you never know how you will do until you give it a try. Plus it's pinball not just playing but pinball talk.

#1311 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Yes. and Yes.
    Most people bring a small cooler with their favorite beverage.

No pics from today?

#1320 6 years ago

We are sorry to announce we are having to move the tournement dates again. Can the top 5 give us the days you have to work and can't make so we can pick one of those dates. Joking

#1321 6 years ago

My parents are down for a visit dad seem to be drawn to the EM

#1326 6 years ago

That gameroom is looking great.
    One might say it is itchin to host a pinball party and tournament.

Quoted from Jodester:

One might say that Mike...hint...hint...

Thanks yes one is coming just need to figure out when? I know my wife and i have a few weddings to go to in June.

#1327 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

How heavy are the EMs? I'd like to work something out to have one at the June 18th tourney somehow.

The EMs are heavy but they can be moved around I won't say I do it all the time but I do it often enough. I should be able to bring one the wedding is the 17th so I should be able to make the 18th tournament.

#1337 6 years ago

Went ahead and finally ordered parts for Royal Flush yesterday. I'm going to try to have it all cleaned up and bring it for the tourney so you will have a EM. Ill keep you posted.

#1339 6 years ago

And the process has started. Tear down

#1340 6 years ago

Cleaning

#1341 6 years ago

Wax on wax off then wax on again. I can't believe I got parts already today. Just ordered them way to go PBR. She's cleaning up nicely.

#1347 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, what are everyone's weekend pinball plans? I'm stuck in NOLA today, no pinball.

I thought you kept a couple of games down there you must be working? No time to play

Quoted from Jodester:

I "get" to work this weekend Tiger. Nothing better than 24 hours of heaven at the hospital.
    On a side note, I finally put the new legs on Shadow and changed a couple of bad bulbs. Should be ready for its temporary new home soon.
    When it comes back home, I plan to put it up for sale. I need to shake up my collection again...

That's a nice game

#1356 6 years ago

Josh congrats on Cyclone I know you have been wanting one. Also looks like you picked up Mikes Roller Games

#1394 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Hey, my son is looking for a reasonably priced EM that's "interesting" if anyone finds one. I'm ok with a little work too. he absolutely loves Arcade's 2001. $500 or under depending on condition and operation. Looking forward to the "Romp in the Swamp"! Quin has really improved his bump and nudge skills after seeing Preston.

There is a EM for sale in Lake Charles it was Zukboy2002 (at one time) its a Williams Beat Time. Current Owner is asking $625 maybe one worth checking see if its something that would work for you? I think you could get that price down.

lakecharles.craigslist.org link

#1395 6 years ago

There is a EM for sale in Lake Charles it was zukboy2002 (at one time) its a Williams Beat Time. Current Owner is asking $625 maybe one worth checking see if its something that would work for you? I think you could get that price down.
    lakecharles.craigslist.org link

#1398 6 years ago

So my 2 cents find what you like. The older games score nickels dimes and 100's (5, 10 and 100's) the latter EMs are higher scoring and for me more fun 10, 100 and 1000's I really recommend you look up the lone star pinball museum go out there and play some games and find what you like. You can buy games to buy games like I do some times (can't pass on a deal) or find what you like. I'm still a EM buyer and do sell them from time to time. They can be fun to play and to fix.

#1409 6 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

We are exactly one month away from Romp in the Swamp III.

Looking good for Royal flush to be in tourney. All is working, just ordered round 2 of parts this morning, a little more beautification top side on the playfield. And going to clean up the drops bottom side as one felt a little slugesh dropping.

As long as its not raining I plan to bring a game (my pin hauler is a truck). I will come a little early so we can set it up, level it and so on.

#1411 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Thoughts on a Gottlieb Circus project? The good: comes with keys, manual, new leds, and rubbers
    The bad: Game won't start and needs a new 4th player display, has a few flake spots on the back glass
    While I don't know pinball repair just from what I read I'm guessing acid damage $200-$300 repair and Display $300? Game looks pretty good for a 37 year old game, couple of cabinet scuffs but play field looks good? Quite a drive though and I don't think my pin skates will work. I think this is one of those big B@st@rds Dennis told me about.

Quoted from Arcade:

Hard to say without seeing it.
    But we used to own a Gottlieb super wide body Genie.
    Yes they are very very wide.
    Also be aware that the connectors for all the boards in the backbox usually need to be re done which is no small task.
    I have not checked to see if new boards or displays are still available for that game. I would google Gottlieb system 80 boards and displays and see what comes up.
    Gorgeous game though.

I would agree Google parts to start. If you are looking for more of a learner pin I would go with a Bally SS, New MPU $200 driver board, lamp board all available. But like above be prepared to be repining some female connectors. Depending on title and condition you can pick some of these up for good deals some times.

#1435 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

An FYI for the group, I am putting Game of Thrones up for sale. It has lighted speaker grills with nice graphics in front, lighted flipper buttons, and mirror side blades. Game has no issues with insert ghosting,decals , or cabinet. I am asking $4900 with pics to follow in for sale thread.

Nice pin and good seller if you're lucky he will even include a pin cup (or forget to take it off).

#1439 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Well, there is a new addition to the collection. We bought an SS Solar Ride for $150. OP said it powered on but wouldn't play, when we got there it would power up and play... sweet! When we got it home not so much. We have started with the basics and my son is learning how to operate a DVOM. She doesn't work right now but seems like a deal. He wanted an EM machine and it's close, early SS. Here is a couple of pics while we diagnose. Oh, Leon., pin skates are freaking awesome!!!!

Sounds like you guys found what you were looking for (a learning game) and got a good deal. There is a lot of good info out there such as this to help get it going http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/ plus this site if you start a thread of what its doing/not doing you will get a lot of help. Start with fuses, voltages and then some of the repair stuff like board grounds and so on and you should have it up and working in no time. Also (speaking from experience on these older games) connections, connections, connections don't be afraid to redo them and look for cracked solder joints on the back sides of your boards and reflow them.

#1444 6 years ago

Nice score on Solar Rider the shape it's in and for $150 you can't beat that deal. Glad the others chimed in first on cleaning. I normally tear down the top side of the playfield start with mill wax then a few coats of carnauba wax if there is no ball swirl to deal with first, clean all the post plastics new rubbers and reassemble. But you game looks to be in nice shape so it may not need that deep of a cleaning.

#1450 6 years ago

Top side is done should be ready for the tourney

#1457 6 years ago

Canton TX first Monday trade days

#1458 6 years ago

Well hello Pinball machines what are you doing here? To bad I came in a car or I would have tried to buy and save you (if I had came in my truck).

#1459 6 years ago

So I will just stock up on some more beer signs for now.

#1463 6 years ago

Day 2 at Canton TX more beer signs now headed home stoping in Longview to eat and going to stop tomorrow and see the grandson in Shrevport.

#1466 6 years ago

Pinbot great game

1 week later
    #1489 6 years ago

Tiger I maybe able to do some baked beans and bring to the tournament along with the EM. I cook them in my smoker so they should go really good with the brisket. My only issue is time we have a wedding to go to Saturday and I plan to leave my house early Sunday morning so we can get them EM set up at your place Pre the tournament.

#1490 6 years ago

Baked beans are taken care of ether going to put themy on the smoker when we get home from the wedding reception or get up early and start them. Ether way I'll bring them (smoked bake beens).

#1499 6 years ago
    Quoted from spanks_4:

Anyone's game room around 16'x30'?? trying to see how big the space is...

Mine is a little over 16' wide by 30' inside diameter. If you're going portable building route keep in mind they normally go by outside diameter so a 16' wide isn't going to be 16 on the inside. You can go to my profile and look at my game room pics to get an idea of what space that will give you my door placement prevented me from putting 6 pins on my back wall so I have 5 and an arcade game where you see 3 pins I now have 4 there, plus a pool table.

#1513 6 years ago

Did some one say pinball tournament and needed an EM? Well it's in the truck and ready for Sunday

#1530 6 years ago

Not pinball but where we are at today the bride is like a 4th daughter to my wife and I. Check out the flower girls dress.

#1531 6 years ago

Starting my smoked meats early chicken, sausage and brisket

#1534 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Getting the smoker up to temperature.

#1535 6 years ago

230 am beans are on the smoker

#1536 6 years ago

Going back to bed

#1561 6 years ago

Romp in the Swamp III (a flip-en good time) thanks PavBall and TigerLaw for putting this on. Thanks Spg101 (AKA brisket) man if we weren't eating that food we were talking about like a farmer in his field Out Standing. Thank to Pinball-is-great for running the tourney. If was a fun way to spend fathers day great people, great food and pinball.

#1587 6 years ago

Tiger post the results to IFPA for over flow tourney me and PAV did good we need our points...

Trying to work out Houma now. Do I leave at 6 am or can I talk my wife into going and leave Friday night and spend the night somewhere close? TBD

#1596 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is the Mafia going to the Houma tourney? If so, y'all got room for a stowaway from LC?

Is Jodster going?

#1608 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, I've been meaning to post the results of the overflow tourney. PavBall has been on my case about it. I'll get it done on Wednesday.

Wednesday? Oh you didn't say what Wednesday okay enjoy your vacation and Pav have him upload these when you get back....

#1616 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Hey, I have a chance to purchase a 2001. My son has been wanting one ever since our first tournament. Is $400 for this machine too high? He said it was working fine and then just stopped now just makes a humming sound. Looks rougher than I originally thought. guy is selling his whole collection.

See if he is open to an offer? Start at a $200 and go up from there if you want it.

#1624 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sorry guys, I keep meaning to power up the CPU and get this done but then PavBall's family stuffs me with more food. It's a cycle.
    I'll get it done though gang. I promise!

Let us know when you have posted them, thanks.

#1633 6 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

Off topic....
    Have any of you LA folks tried this?
    Pretty tasty.

Yes

#1634 6 years ago

If you ever have a chance swing by and do their tour they are just of of I10 in Lacassine

#1640 6 years ago

Booked my room for HAAG Expo today. Was a little shocked last night, I have been going since about 2010 taking my wife and kids with me, my youngest daughter actually asked to go. Now I don't think this so much has to do with Pinball but maybe the fact that she will be turning 21 just before the Expo and she has been there before so she may want to partake in a adult beverage? My baby is no longer a baby.... Still cool she want's to do something with Mom and Dad.

#1641 6 years ago

this is cool these are my games that I took to the expo in 2011 sold the Quick Draw at the expo still have the Space Odyssey

#1645 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Will do. It'll be this week for sure. We head back tomorrow.

Get a chance to post the results?

#1649 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Now I need to decide what to do with my spare pinball cash. Do I buy an Aerosmith or a Houdini or the infamous Star Wars...hmmm...

The answer is yes. Buy them all.......

#1658 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep, me too. What are the start times and what not?

Its on the IFPA site

Was hoping for sunshine so I could ride the bike down again this year, but looking like rain all week and weekend. Did get nailed with rain last year on the way down but the ride home was clear.

#1674 6 years ago

#1683 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Very jealous
    So, Jason 1st, Mike 2nd, James 3rd?

Correct with Henry coming in 4th and a pin golf battle between Josh and Henry with Josh winning after several tie breaker games

#1691 6 years ago

Does anyone like any of these suggestions for the name of the side tournament for the Red River Replay event?.

Henry's revenge. ( He will have home court advantage time for him to get his revenge).

#1693 6 years ago

Gents I'm selling a Bally X's and O's SS (solid state) working game need space http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2822 and a Bally Knockout EM (Electro-mechanical) had a blown fuse when I got it, replaced the fuse started a game score reals reset game started blew fuse when I hit a target or rollover haven't trouble shot project game again need space to many games trying to downs size a little http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=1392 for pics and pricing shot me a PM with your cell phone number they will be going up on CL at some point but for here GCPC and Pinside discounts will apply.

#1700 6 years ago

Mike I don't see the Houma pin golf results on IFPA? Should they be there, tourney results are there.

#1703 6 years ago

New shirt

#1714 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I should order the chip. I'll see if I can find it.

You should be able to get it from here http://www.thatpinballplace.com/

#1715 6 years ago

It's where I get game and sound Roms

1 week later
    #1723 6 years ago

I know IFPA has our results for the Houma pingolf side tourney, so hopefully that will get approved/updated this week.
    Added today: Edit: Houma Pingolf tournament results are now up on IFPA site, and IFPA has caught back up a significant amount this week.

They are in and posted, thanks Mike.

#1724 6 years ago

Well finally got one of my kids in the hobby my daughter picked me up some games today

#1728 6 years ago

That's awesome. Now that's something I beat he never forgets (and you too).

#1736 6 years ago

My daughter has the bug. The mini arcade bug

#1738 6 years ago

I think so I can't bring myself to open them yet

#1740 6 years ago

I submitted info on IFPA website earlier tonight for registering the two upcoming pinball tournaments (main and pingolf side) for Red River Replay event Sat Sep 16th, so hopefully it will show up on IFPA Calendar in a couple days after they have a chance to review and approve

Still not seeing triple R tournament on IFPA site. Chris what time are you looking to start?

#1746 6 years ago

Welcome Raegor

Thanks Mike I just can't bring myself to do a Facebook, but I do make my wife lirk some of them for me. I don't known why I forget about the events here, I just checked it and that was helpful.

#1757 6 years ago

Bought this one around 2014 had it at my daughters house since I purchased it. Went this weekend and brought it home as they were no longer playing it.

#1761 6 years ago

IFPA found out that the Spanish pinballers were taking unapproved supplements and blood doping w/ a custom concoction that included deli meats, Shasta, and foreign sourced crawfish and shrimp.
    So, all their LA points have been voided.
    Always best to use fresh caught genuine Louisiana seafood -- especially when here on our home turf.

That's where they went wrong, we don't eat those Chinese shit pond crawfish you find at the Chinese buffet places and we don't drink Shasta, this is LA we drink Fanta and eat Louisiana caught Crawfish. Imposters

1 week later
    #1776 6 years ago

We had some winds kick up last night and for some reason rain was just parked over my area. We are keeping an eye on it and ready. This morning they were thinking we could get about 18 in of rain? For my area it's looking like rain this weekend up to about Wednesday. But we know how these things change when they hit land so its a just wait and see.

Be safe GCPC hope to see everyone in a few more weeks at Red River Replay

#1780 6 years ago

Just ran to Walmart to get some stuff just incase (Asteroids and Frogger) oh ya I think my wife bought some water and stuff to? I'm ready these are battery operated

#1786 6 years ago

Started raining here about 2 yesterday afternoon still raining. Not like they are getting in TX but they are saying we are not out of this yet. Jodster, Tigerlaw and Pav how is everyone in LC we are hearing reports of flooding for you guys to.

Everyone okay?

#1795 6 years ago

Talked to one of my friends over in Houston via text a hour or so ago, he and his wife are doing good collection okay. He said A collector a few miles from him lost most of his games. I asked how others in the HAAG group were doing he said most others are doing okay.

Had my wife check Game preserve face book page ( I don't have a face book) and looks like they are okay and have been opened.

Any one else hear from our friends in Houston? I hope they are all doing okay.

#1806 6 years ago

Be safe all they show it passing over LC tonight and headed my way after that.

#1810 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Allen has lost everything. Entire house under water. This is insane.
    This was his house 12 hours ago. It is much worse now.

All,

I would like to start a fund raiser for Allen and his family, I have communicated with Nevus and would like to take up donations at his tournament and then get the money to Allen after it. I'm sorry I'm old school and don't have pay pal so this will be cash or check, if check I will have you make it out directly to Allen. I will keep track of who gave what and will Post your pinside name by your donation or if you want to be anonymous we can post it as that to. All of this will be posted hear for all of us to see.

If you cannot make the tournament and would like to donate PM me and I can give you a mailing address or if you know someone going to the tourney and want to make a donation please do so and let them/me know who it is from.

All money's (100%) will go to Allen and his family I will let them buy what they need or use it as they see fit.

I'm going to kick this off @jahpinwizard $100

#1816 6 years ago

I think you will be happy with your decision

#1820 6 years ago

Thanks @zukboy2002. Pinball-is-great you recognize this.

Rock Rock rocken in Rollergames

#1824 6 years ago

Check this out. A freind called me today from a local estate sale. Told me about but I wasn't in the area to go check it out. So he paid for it for me got to go Monday and pick it up.

#1829 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana/page/37#post-3941331

I'll be at RRR tournament. Just a reminder I want to raise some money for Allen and his family and get to them any thing I'm sure will go along way. Thanks

#1830 6 years ago

Is that white over-spray paint on the front of the bg?
    May just need to get the over-spray paint removed. ??
    Might be fun to play during pinball parties in your gameroom.

I bought it based of of those pics, I won't be able to actually see it until I can pick it up on Monday. But yes I think and hope that is something I can just clean off of the backglass. Yep I think it will be fun if I can get it up and going. I'll tell you some more about Saturday at the tournament.

#1837 6 years ago

Friday night high school football, Saturday pinball tournement, if I can find something cool to do Sunday I'll make this weekend a trifecta.

#1843 6 years ago

Thanks Chris and Henry for hosting today's tourney. It was great to see everyone and play a day full of pinball.

#1846 6 years ago

A few pics congrats to the winners

#1847 6 years ago

#1848 6 years ago

A big thank you to everyone with all of your donations to include all of the winners donating all of their winnings we raised $355 dollars yesterday for Allen and his family thank you all.

#1866 6 years ago

Not long after getting into the hobby some of my Texas pinball freinds told me if you want to learn to work on a pinball machine you just buy a few of them. So true in my case I don't buy new games and most I have bought weren't working when I got them. A few where working but not to many. Mike even caught me in the garage tinkering with my new toy and took and sent me this pic. I'm still learning and some times I get lost or frustrated on a repair but there are a lot of helpful pinballerz out there who will help.

#1877 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Looking forward to the next one! I had a total blast and promise not to flake and leave early next time.

Did you leave early? We just thought you were in the bathroom.

#1880 6 years ago

Allen says thank you to everyone.

#1883 6 years ago

HAAG pre party at Lone Star Pinball Museum last night

#1886 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Still no IFPA points from the Red River Replay. My guess is they post tomorrow.

They have posted...

#1896 6 years ago

Mama said foosball is the devils game (we are the devils). This is what we do in Friday nights

1 week later
    #1899 6 years ago

2 weeks to go. See you at HAAG expo?

#1913 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gosh, been a long week. Back home though. How is everyone doing? Is everyone is the club going to HAAG?

My wife and I are going. My youngest daughter is going (she turned 21 Friday) and I think her boy freind is going to go.

#1919 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

What is the VIP chill room at HAAG? Trying to figure out if it's worth the extra money to be a show sponsor. The person giving the hug may also be a factor in that:
    http://www.arcadecenter.com/index.php/tickets/

I don't know about the chill room or the hug but if you where going to buy a t-shirt you save 5 bucks I think there is also something on there about 2 coupons for $5 each off tournement cost?

#1922 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

VIP is a good deal. Pre-pay weekend is $30 and t-shirt is $22. I need 3 passes.
    With VIP I get 2 passes and 1 shirt for $75, plus lounge access (but I forgot about it last year). Then I just get one more pre-pay for $30.

Same 3 passes plus 3 shirts so this is the route I go. But can't answer on the chill lounge can't say I went in it last year or even asked where it was.

2 weeks later
    #1950 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I am willing to host if a location is needed, but understand most players are from the southern half of LA.

You have some nice diversity in you collection and a nice game room.

1 week later
    #1956 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I will put my place in the running for the state tourney Mike. I plan to get a couple early 80's pins to level out all the dmds.
    Maybe I could get James to bring one of his EM's to give things an even better mix.

Didn't you just buy a EM?
    Yes I would gladly bring an EM.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

That would be great. I believe James is planning to bring one to Romp IV.

Yes sir I plan to.

#1963 6 years ago

So finally broke down and rented a trencher today. Trenched about 300 feet from the water meter around the house to the back yard (game room). So getting closer to having water out there then a bathroom. Put about 80 feet of PVC in and then lost my light so will get a pic tomorrow. Man Leakyfaucet I don't want your job.

#1966 6 years ago

As deep as the trencher would go I think they told me it was 2 feet deep but it's more like 20 inches deep. Using 3/4" schedule 40 PVC same size that goes to the house. But this is much deeper in the ground then what is going to the house now. My plan is a 1 and done. Hope it turns out like that.

Should finish up tomorrow so far 290' of PVC in the trench. If no leaks will start covering it up.

#1975 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I struggle letting go of machines, but think I could bring myself to parting with a couple right now.

You just need more space, buy the house next to you tear it down and replace it with a giant game room......

But I hear you, I want to thin down some of my projects but I just cant bring myself to putting them for sale. Or I want to fix them before selling them and if I do that I will want to keep them even more.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

This thread has been kind of quiet as of late. How’s everyone doing? Any pinball fun lately?

Just came in from playing started on one end and just worked my way down, but I normally play a few machines / several games every evening after work, helps me unwind in a way.

#1989 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Pull that board an bring it to TPF. Rob will install anyNvram with purchase at a show.

At least remote them I don't think I have any battery's on boards any more (now I'll have to double check). I need to start going the Nvam route.

#1992 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

They are remote James. Darn things just started leaking. Duracell batteries with an expiration of 2025...

Good deal much rather deal with a remote pack then acid damage on a MPU. I have
    had the same thing happened with good battery's don't know why. Maybe we need to start going the Nvam route and be done with battery's.

#1995 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Would you still have the extra translight for Laserball? John from the Gulf Coast bought one with a backglass worse than that one. Any interest in getting rid of it?

Yes and Yes. Is he coming to the tourney TigerLaw and @pavball? We love doing pinball deals at the tourney.... If not you can give him my info (cell).

#1998 6 years ago

So Tiger and PAV I have to ask do have Spg101 aka Brisket coming ??? Man I got to thinking about that food from your last tourney, I sure do hope he is on the list and bringing some of those Bangers and Brisket........

#2013 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Everybody planning to do a game swap with me for the Romp, give me a call this week.
    Currently:
    Ripleys back to Jason, Shadow back home
    Skateball project home ( don't forget to bring it Josh)
    GB to Mudflaps, KISS home
    Target Alpha to Mafia, ??? to home.
    Looks like a lot of fun...

Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Choooo dats alot of movin around dere sha

Jodester = Buying, selling (?) swapping and trading

#2023 6 years ago

Happy Thanksgiving GCPC hopefully everyone will get a chance to fire up your games today and let the family enjoy them.

#2033 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Happy thanksgiving! I just went out and bought some pecan wood to smoke the pork butts with so we'll be ready for the 2nd. I'm planning on bringing some rolls from Costco and smoked pulled pork but need some assistance with sides. Any takers?

I plan to do some smoked baked beans again. So there is a side.

#2057 6 years ago

Getting ready to put Grand Slam up for sale on CL any one in the group wants it send me a PM for more info

#2079 6 years ago

NicoVolta just left my place I put my self on his LA tour I was the first stop. My EMs have received some of his repairs

#2081 6 years ago

I tried to get him for Saturday but he was already committed to be at the pin church starting tomorrow night and is doing some classes this weekend there. You may see a deferent EM this time just have 1 little thing to make sure is working on it first.

#2093 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

0630 Departure for Mudflaps and I (and Henry).

Henry driving?

gtav-kid-driving-630x300 (resized).jpggtav-kid-driving-630x300 (resized).jpg

#2114 6 years ago

Beans in the smoker now going back to bed

#2115 6 years ago

I need this to haul pins

#2119 6 years ago

I need this to haul pins

#2121 6 years ago

#2136 6 years ago

Great food, great host and hostess, great fellowship but I just could not get a good game going on anything yesterday. But all and all had a great time. Thanks all

#2160 6 years ago

Good morning to stay inside and play your games (if you don't have to go to work).

#2162 6 years ago

You guys have mini golf at your place?

#2164 6 years ago

I loved taking my kids mini golfing when they were younger. I should drag there adult rears over there with me and take them mini golfing. Several times I have thought about doing a small course in my yard.

#2169 6 years ago

Nevus let's see some pics of that EBD

#2184 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Headin' back to Dallas right now but not before making a stop at jodester's place in a few. Target Alpha isn't shooting straight... yet.

Jodester is about to receive his Jedi training. Have fun my pinball friends.

#2193 6 years ago

Nevus sounds like a early new year pinball resolution.

#2206 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any of you have any big pinball based plans?

I was playing some pinball last night when my wife came out to the game room so we ended up playing some pool. I'm sure the kids will play some pool and pinball tomorrow.

#2212 6 years ago

Merry Christmas GCPC

#2226 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I really hope Catacomb is up at the office by the January 30th league start date...I’m growing ever more concerned it won’t be done in time. Needs a (rather hard to find) VSU 100 board if HEP’s guy can’t repair the one it had.

Ksarcade has it for under 2 bills https://ksarcade.net/stern-speech-synthesizer-vsu-100-a-720.html

1 week later
    #2255 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yes, but you have to make it look like an accident. Like if your boner accidentally bumped it or something.

"playen pinball is hard"

#2267 6 years ago

Happened to see my operator friends today (saw his truck at his warehouse), if anybody is looking for any arcade games he is ready to sell all or individual games, he actually asked me if I wanted to buy out his route. Sorry he has no pinball…

584 posts in this topic match your search for posts by PoBoyPinball. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PoBoyPinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana?tu=PoBoyPinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.