Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,980 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8864 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8863 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240407_155527588 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155535348 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155543392 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1592 Possible date for sept tourney. Posted by Nevus (6 years ago)

Post #3395 Pinball story in Shreveport featuring Nevis. Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #3580 The club getting a both at TPF. Posted by Nevus (5 years ago)

Post #5189 Charitable event in Houston. Posted by lizzyd (2 years ago)

Post #5398 Wife present of the year for 2021! Posted by Bfults (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mudflaps.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

331 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Mudflaps. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #79 7 years ago

Looks awesome! Headed to NW Louisiana soon and we'll have to do some road trips.

#82 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

August 13th, plan to come to LC.

I will still be out of town.

Looking forward to the next one!

#84 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Have to miss that one
    Because I'm going to pick up my BBB that weekend
    If I can coordinate with Jody, I'll come in early July for a game swap.

You finally got one!!?? Well, congratulations. I'm thinking of changing GB Premium to TWD Premium when I get back.

2 months later
    #537 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Mudflaps might be in the market.

I'd definitely be down for XM Wolvie. The problem is that I change my mind *every 10 min*.

TWD, GOT, T3, Met, XM. Sigh. I'll know for sure when I get home.

#542 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I have four of the games you're considering. XM is my favorite of the four. My suggestion:
    Grab an XM while you can find a good one. Then sell Kiss, grab a Metallica. Last year of a production for the title.

I owned Met. Great game, but I was ready to move on. I'm not ready to part with Kiss. For some reason, I absolutely love it.

XM would require a lot of work to change the callouts, but it's a fun game.

#553 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

No way. This PF stuff has got to be addressed. Games are flooding the market and I have a lot of old games still on my list. I think my next new game will be an Alien Kit. Other than that, I'm passing on new Sterns for a while. I'm really enjoying my current line up.

I'm going to be the annoying houseguest that plays your games, talks about my youth, drinks too much, overstays my welcome, and passes out underneath BBB.

#555 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Hey! It's Uncle Mudflaps!
    We look fwd to hanging out and playing pinball with Uncle Mudflaps.

Not as much as I look forward to:

1. Drinking beer
    2. Driving my own car
    3. Eating a cheeseburger
    4. And... other stuff

Looking forward to hanging out with you guys!

#557 7 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Mudflaps are you stationed in Korea? I did lots of drinking when I was there in 1988 no Driving ate at Mr Lee's make shift burger joint nothing like a hamburger at 2 am with an egg on it when you come out of the club's.

I wish I was in Korea! I'd be swilling Soju like it was my job. I was there a few years ago and ate McDonald's the whole time. I'm not an adventurous fellow.

The Pyongyang location is a joke. I'm not really in North Korea.

#559 7 years ago

I drank enough Tiger beer on Diego Garcia to pickle my liver. That stuff is awful, but when it's all you got...

1 week later
    #595 7 years ago

Hey guys, I'll be in the market when I arrive to Shreveport in early November. Looking for titles like:

BSD
    IM
    JP
    GOT Pro
    T3

Maybe some others. I'm all over the place with what I like. Keep me in mind if you're ready to sell.

2 weeks later
    #644 7 years ago

Looks awesome! Can't wait for the next one.

#648 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Yep I thought about you yesterday. It won't be long. Good times are ahead.

10 more days til freedom, then we're inbound to Shreveport early November.

3 weeks later
    #725 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Maybe I can get Mudflaps to come with me (to Lake Charles) next time. He will arrive in Shreveport soon.

In!
    I'm back in the good ole' USA converting my deployment muscle into fat. We depart the tundra soon and will be invading LA gamerooms shortly.

IMG_1292 (resized).JPGIMG_1292 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
    #793 7 years ago

Man that Medusa looks awesome

#804 7 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

So I know the title said "TX/LA", however, I figured I'd at least reach out and say I'm soon going to be a potential member (if you'll let me) of this club as I am PCSing from Wright-Patterson AFB (Ohio) to Eglin AFB (Niceville/Crestview area of the Florida Panhandle)!
    I am looking forward to meeting a lot of new people (and driving quite a bit to any kind of big meet ups!!). I checked the Pinside map; it seems there are a couple of Pinsiders near the base and in the Mobile/Pensacola area. I am a native of Pensacola, so this is nearly like "coming home" for me.
    Anyways, my collection is modest (LW3 is coming next week), but I hope to be able to offer some games of pinball to fellow Pinsiders, make new friends, and learn some things from everyone!
    See the Gulf Coast late February 2017!

I just PCS'ed to Barksdale in NW LA, so I just kind of hang out here hoping I'll be accepted.

#806 7 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Holy shiznaz!!! That is awesome - to know we went from ND and OH to LA and FL just like that. I'll definitely look forward to meeting you down the road! When did you get back from your overseas deployment??

About a month ago. I'm taking 2 months of leave to 're-adjust,' i.e. sit on the couch and get fat.

#808 7 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Well welcome home, man. Thank you for your extended service overseas. I plan to do it down the road as well - might PM you to get some tips and details on what to expect in the future.

It was my sixth and hopefully last deployment. Anyway, feel free to pm any time.

Back on topic, pinballz!!

3 weeks later
    #845 7 years ago

Welcome back to the states Mudflaps hope your enjoying all ofor this rain

I have a river in my back yard!

And thanks, it's great to be back, especially with no one actively trying to kill me.

#850 7 years ago

Congratulations!

3 weeks later
    #902 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Happy new year!
    Here is my New Years (Pinball) resolution.
    I would like to have a club calendar full of local and regional events to look forward to this year. Please copy and paste the schedule as you add to it.
    In 2016, I had a party in April and a Red River Replay in September. I'm ready to do, at least, that again this year. Dates are flexible for me. Mudflaps has 5 seriously beautiful games and he's just a few miles down the road from me now! Let's invite ourselves to his house.
    Lastly, some of us treaveled to other shows in 2016. The Moncla's went on a US tour. Henry and I went to Rocky Mountain. Let's do more of that. I would love to road trip to Atlanta this year and try the Southern Fried with some of our group.
    2017 Pinball Calendar Gulf Coast and ArkLaTex
    Jan
    February 11 LA state championship. Lake a Charles, LA
    March 24-26 Texas Pinball Festival. Frisco Tx
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November (TBA) Houston Arcade Expo
    December

Sounds awesome. Let's make it happen!

4 weeks later
    #979 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I'm looking forward to seeing you all this weekend. I'm planning on an early start.

How early?

#988 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Goodbye LOTR, Hello GB.

I'm available to troubleshoot any issues you may have. The game will need to be dropped off at my house, and my turnaround time is usually 3-4 weeks.

#1001 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Machine trading day. Hello MM.

That's my hand!!!!!!!

#1006 7 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

Thank you for coming by today Nevus and mudflaps.

And thanks to Nevus for holding me very nicely.

#1007 7 years ago

Here's my lineup for a future tourney or swap

IMG_0249 (resized).JPGIMG_0249 (resized).JPG

3 weeks later
    #1055 7 years ago

Changing the rubbers to clear silicone on AC/DC. Sending my VirtuaPin out this week for powdercoat.

And trying to decide what to sell if I see something cool at TPF.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1066 7 years ago

See ya Saturday!

3 weeks later
    #1148 7 years ago

When at TPF, turn it up to 11.

That game made me laugh out loud. Such attention to detail with the movie.

#1159 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Mudflaps is a few blocks away and says we are welcome there also!

Yeah! We can go to my house and check out my porcelain clown doll collection.

#1166 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Nip-It joins the club!

Did you ever give the guys his $60?

#1169 7 years ago

RZ paid for, shipping Monday!!

The stupid mods are costing me almost as much as the game.

#1171 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

AMH out on loan.
    Kiss comes to visit!
    Thanks to Mudflaps.

That's my ear!

#1173 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Kiss will be awesome at the May tourney. I think we could do back to back tourneys. Sat at Nevis; Sun and Mudflaps.

My collection is small and embarrassing next to Nevus. However, one of my games will feature a small bucket of plastic chicken.

1 week later
    #1206 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Aerosmith is awesome.
    We have already live streamed it on our Twitch chanel the past two Sunday nights.
    It is Sterns best code out of the gate in years.

I was absolutely torn between Aerosmith and RZ. Both really fun yet totally different.

I went with RZ because I already have 2 Stern music games and wanted to give Spooky a shot. Aerosmith is still high on my wishlist though.

1 month later
    #1384 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is Mudflaps coming to the June 18th LC tourney? Would be great if so, I don't think he's made one of our events before.

I should be able to make it. Maybe Nevus and I could road trip.

Quoted from Jodester:

I can pull out a globe with pins. If I can do a swap with Mudflaps for Kiss, it will be another pin in the globe.

When Nevus is done shooting balls down Gene Simmons' throat, I'd be happy to make another trade.

F-14 was my first game. Lots of nostalgia there. Congrats on the quick sale!

#1387 6 years ago

I think saying why not to various what not is what messed up Mudflaps at TPF.

Labnip spiked the punch!

3 weeks later
    #1486 6 years ago

Still talking to the old lady about next weekend. The only problem may be Father's Day plans.

It's a tradition that I sit on the couch all day, drink beer, and bore my kids with stories about how cool I used to be.

#1506 6 years ago

Have a good time ladies & gents! Going camping with the family. Will make every effort to make the next one.

#1511 6 years ago

Sounds good. Let us know if you see any interesting critters or nice scenic spots (and/or any 2 legged deer). Take a few pics.
    Just curious which place(s) you are gonna hang out at? In N LA, or Ark, or elsewhere?

We planned on Crater of Diamonds in AR, but they were booked. We're going to DeGray Lake instead in AR.

#1551 6 years ago

Glad you guys had fun!

#1563 6 years ago

Halfway up, my trailer brakes locked up and started smoking. When we got there, someone was in our spot. Then it started raining. Then the ticks and chiggers came out.

Other than that, camping was awesome!

#1566 6 years ago

I thought about it!

#1571 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Beautiful weather here at the beach.

IMG_1744 (resized).JPGIMG_1744 (resized).JPG

#1576 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

PavBall and I are off to Greece.

I'm at Target!

#1578 6 years ago

I double dare you to use the ladies restroom at Target Mudflaps.

I always use the Family restroom. It's cleaner and I don't have to flush.

#1581 6 years ago

I actually own truck balls, but they're on my bike.

#1599 6 years ago

September looks good for us.

#1620 6 years ago

On vacation in Branson, MO. Here's me and Elvira.

IMG_1774 (resized).JPGIMG_1774 (resized).JPG

#1647 6 years ago

Mudflaps,
    If someone were to happen to be in a situation where an SR-71 Blackbird is coming right at them at, oh say, Mach 2 speed,
    that is bad, correct?

If you're Superman, then you shouldn't have any problems.

#1655 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Ready for this weekend! Room is booked and Henry will be replacing Mudflaps as my traveling companion.
    See you all in Houma.
    Can I bring anything to contribute?
    I'm pretty sure Red River Replay will be Sept 16, but Mike and I will finalize this weekend.

Glad you are able to make it. Apologies again for flaking, but my kitchen pass is printed in gold for the next one.

#1686 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

2017 Red River Reply is set for Sept 16. Plan on one main tournament and one side tournament.
    As before, I'll smoke a briskit or something yummy and have some snacks. Bring anything else particular you may like to drink or eat. Mike V will register the with the IFPA soon and get the details nailed down.
    I look forward to seeing those that can join us.

I'm happy to bring a few of my games if you have room!

1 week later
    #1705 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Whats been going on in the pinball world this weekend gang?

Nevus was a trooper and helped me move two games out of the gameroom, then another one back up the stairs. VirtuaPin goes on the market soon!

Also, an award winning pinball professional said I had the best AC/DC in the world worth at least $150,000.

#1707 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I see you traded your RFM. Down now to only 3 games Mudflaps?

RFM was gone long ago. Now it's just AC/DC, Kiss and RZ. I'm planning to round out the gameroom with bubble hockey and sit down racers. I hope 3 pins will keep me satisfied.

#1716 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Henry started the heavy shop job on Charlie the local operator's DESW. It should be ready for the tournament.

He should be wearing a respirator with an aqualung with the grime on that game!

1 week later
    #1729 6 years ago

Awesome!

#1733 6 years ago

Here's the new game room. I downsized on pins but picked up bubble hockey and a sit down racer.

IMG_1893 (resized).JPGIMG_1893 (resized).JPG

#1735 6 years ago

Is the fire pole in the other corner?
    Note: We're using code words.

The pole leads directly to my dungeon.

1 week later
    #1753 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Went to DFW to pick up my Lunar Lander monitor from repair. I should have it up and running soon. I stopped by Nickelrama and played Dialed In, Star Wars and Aerosmith. Mudflaps joined me in the adventure. Also, he made me go to Buc-ee's. Where else can you get high fructose corn syrup antelope jerky?

That's me in the picture playing air hockey behind the guy in the hat. I had a great time playing Star Wars and putting my initials on Hobbit.

#1769 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Pimped my Aerosmith last night. The photos aren't great, but the game looks amazing!
    Metal leg protectors
    Pinball life "Britemod" lighted flipper buttons in yellow (cough) ... orange ... (cough)
    Titan white silicone rings
    Titan yellow flipper
    Titan yellow "Stern slim" posts
    Pinball Side Mirrors
    Removed the Stern Pinball's and put in some Premium balls I picked up from Rob Anthony at TPF.

Looks awesome! I installed yellow BriteButtons in AC/DC last year and removed them because they were... orange.

1 week later
    #1809 6 years ago

We're headed to a Houston as soon as it's safe to travel. Wife's entire family is in Houston, but we're collecting supplies to bring. Everyone here has been incredibly supportive.

#1817 6 years ago

Here's the view from Houston. It's surreal to see this at pretty much every house. From what I've seen, despite some terrible stories, there are good people doing great things.

IMG_1914 (resized).JPGIMG_1914 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #1827 6 years ago

I'll see you guys there. I'm flying out tomorrow to D.C. but will be back late Friday. Looking forward to seeing everyone!

1 week later
    #1855 6 years ago

Had a great time Nevus! Sorry I clogged your toilet.

#1859 6 years ago

I was in the bathroom during all of those pictures.

#1861 6 years ago

It's hard to tell if Mudflaps is proud of himself or embarrassed.
    And he didn't add the little sarcasm or kidding emo, so I guess it's true.

I only use the emoticons when I want to wink at someone in real life

#1864 6 years ago

"What was it we had for dinner tonight?"

"Well, we had a choice, steak or fish."

"Yes, yes, I remember. I had lasagna."

#1876 6 years ago

Looking forward to the next one! I had a total blast and promise not to flake and leave early next time.

1 week later
    #1895 6 years ago

Having a beer and fixing some pesky LEDs. What’re ya’ll up to?

55269EAE-FEC9-483C-B59D-07EAD5882218 (resized).jpeg55269EAE-FEC9-483C-B59D-07EAD5882218 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #1902 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gosh, been a long week. Back home though. How is everyone doing? Is everyone is the club going to HAAG?

Missing Houston this year. Have a great time everyone!

#1914 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Oh man, we are going to miss you. Any chance you can pull it off last minute?

I would love to be there, but we have a big event the entire weekend. Please have lots of drinks and take pictures you’re ashamed of the next day.

#1926 6 years ago

I’m just sad that I won’t be able to wear this t-shirt

EB48138D-3923-41DD-AE94-7F3E0242A5A5 (resized).jpegEB48138D-3923-41DD-AE94-7F3E0242A5A5 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #1932 6 years ago

The other weekend we told Mudflaps we would take him to a festival we thought he would enjoy.
    At first he was all excited, and he wore that shirt all proud like.
    Well we finally get there and start walking around, get something to drink, buy some gifts, and we noticed some people are pointing and giggling at Mudflaps with that shirt he's wearing. Then we grab some seats by one of the performance stages as the next group is getting ready to start.
    After about 20 minutes he stands up and asks real loudly:
    "Hey, where are all the toilets? When you said a clogging festival, I thought you meant..."

You promised you’d never tell that story. Now it’s on the internet forever. I guess I won’t be running for Congress after all.

#1934 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

We should take Mudflaps to the Renissance Festivel. He'd love it. Doesn't it start in a few weeks? Been so long since I've gone.

I love the Renaissance Festival! There are four really big reasons I go:

4E293905-A783-4A9F-829E-48B12C597E38 (resized).jpeg4E293905-A783-4A9F-829E-48B12C597E38 (resized).jpeg

#1939 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Great show!
    Capping it off with breakfast at Denny’s before we hit the road.

Upload some pics!

#1948 6 years ago

Kid gloves are coming off for the next one! I’ve been training!

1 week later
    #1958 6 years ago

Drop targets and swinging bell in ACDC!

#1965 6 years ago

When do you install the fire pole in the bar area of gameroom? Asking for Mudflaps

953B8157-58F5-4C9B-BB19-4462AAF4C282 (resized).jpeg953B8157-58F5-4C9B-BB19-4462AAF4C282 (resized).jpeg

#1971 6 years ago

Shopping out a filthy Dr Dude. Once it’s ready, though, it will play fantastic.

29F29D69-9159-4D18-8A0D-A6FF5999259D (resized).jpeg29F29D69-9159-4D18-8A0D-A6FF5999259D (resized).jpeg

44466279-4D4D-44E5-B46F-A956C5EFE3F2 (resized).jpeg44466279-4D4D-44E5-B46F-A956C5EFE3F2 (resized).jpeg

#1986 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Big thanks to jodester for coming by to tune up the games for Romp in the Swamp IV. We seem to have Medusa working much better in many ways, changed the slings on GOT, pulled some leaky batteries on TAF (that we had just changed out about six months ago, glad those are off the boards), and did some other minor tweaks.
    Will order a couple parts tonight so we will have them before Romp IV. All games should be working.

Looking forward to it!

#2004 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Anyone here interested in my Nip-it?
    I have $1700 in it, but am willing to let it go for a substantial reduction to my regional pinball pals. No offer will offend me.
    Weather permitting, I can bring it to Lake Charles on 12/2. My backup plan would be to sell it at TPF in the Spring.

Throw in that ugly ST LE and you got a deal!

#2011 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

GB to Mudflaps, KISS home

Yup. Bribing Nevus now into using his escalara.

#2032 6 years ago

‘Bout damn time!

#2075 6 years ago

Nevus and I inbound on Saturday!

7E2AF7AD-D673-4FE4-9028-FADC3A0B0042 (resized).jpeg7E2AF7AD-D673-4FE4-9028-FADC3A0B0042 (resized).jpeg

#2103 6 years ago

I will bring my good humor and elaborate conspiracy theories about city tap water.

#2124 6 years ago

Had a great time! Thanks to Tiger and Pav for hosting as well as all who contributed trophies, food, and other goodies.

#2131 6 years ago

Those pictures make it seem like everyone had an awful time. Let’s see some smiles!

#2134 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, those were from the rule explanation at the start of the tourney. Not the most exciting time to take photos but I didn’t take too many generally. Here is a good one with smiles:

There ya go!

Quoted from TigerLaw:What time did y’all make it back to Shreveport?

About 11. I suckered Nevus into helping me move GB into the game room this morning. We’re planning our next trip to LC for the TNA unboxing.

#2145 6 years ago

I guess Mudflaps was being considerate of others to let them place high in the side tournaments at Romp in the Swamp last weekend.
    Mudflaps only entered the main tournament, placed 3rd, and took home a trophy.
    He didn't even enter any side tournaments.

Glad you came to Romp in the Swamp pinball party & tournaments Mudflaps, and that you went home with a nice trophy.

Thanks, we had a great time. Nevus and I have been training for the next one.

995FE8B4-C161-49DA-8746-C98FD443CB53 (resized).jpeg995FE8B4-C161-49DA-8746-C98FD443CB53 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #2191 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

We picked up a game at Jody’s today, but he wasn’t home.
    » YouTube video

The upper decker! A classic move!!

1 week later
    #2208 6 years ago

Spending the night at the Myrtles Plantation tonight. Wish us luck!

7BB89D34-6FE3-4BEC-9CB9-5BBCBC3FB930 (resized).jpeg7BB89D34-6FE3-4BEC-9CB9-5BBCBC3FB930 (resized).jpeg

#2211 6 years ago

You should check out the gameroom down in the basement.

I already tried that at The Alamo.

#2214 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Merry Christmas!!!
    I hope your presents are all about 250 lbs in a big box!

And may your node boards only fail within the warranty period.

#2228 6 years ago

Look at that handsome man and three others.

#2248 6 years ago

Mudflaps,
    Everyone is excited that you made the top 16 for the upcoming IFPA LA State Pinball Championship.
    When playing in the tournament, please don't keep machine-gunning the flippers with both hands at the same time.
    It's 2018. You need to get past this.

After hitting the start button four times, I like to stand around, confused. When someone finally explains how the game works, I plunge and hit both flippers as fast as I can.

Then I win.

#2251 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

To clarify, it is okay to use the switch under the cabinet if your opponent is really playing well?

Yes, but you have to make it look like an accident. Like if your boner accidentally bumped it or something.

#2254 6 years ago

all tournament games will be played with the playfield glass ON.

I’m out then

1 week later
    #2277 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Air Force closed (Yes the United States Air Force is closed).

The Air Force is like 7/11. We never close.

#2282 6 years ago

Hello Barksdale AFB, can I speak to Mr Flaps its important, its about Pinball. We are sorry the Air Force is closed today.
    You two in joy your snow day (that is if Mr Flaps is not on the essential personnel list and had to go in)

I am about as non-essential as it gets.

#2284 6 years ago

5EA7D6F7-2968-438F-82C9-0573CC649077 (resized).jpeg5EA7D6F7-2968-438F-82C9-0573CC649077 (resized).jpeg

#2301 6 years ago

Shadow is home. Thanks Nevus!

#2313 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

If we are doing single elimination will we be seeding the players? I liked the double elimination we did last time. One reason it went so late is we took awhile before we started the consilation bracket and then when we started it we didn’t have the play in correct so people sat for a long time. I think a two out of three consolation bracket that we commit to would work out and be fairly quick.
    No matter what, I’m coming up there for this.

I’m practicing for this one, I’m out for blood! I’m leaving the glass on!!

#2316 6 years ago

Since Mudflaps is rather humble and modest, I will give a shout out that he quietly slipped in to the top 16 in LA points standings in Dec 2017 by finishing well in Romp in the Swamp main tourney at TigerLaw's.
    Then he did some smoke and mirrors pinball stuff at the Ifpa La St Championship last weekend at Jodester's and finished 4th.

Yeah but they let me put a rubber band between the flippers

#2328 6 years ago

True. His style has changed somewhat, though.

Before the accident:

D7C15693-3C57-4F6F-892C-DB1A0569C1EC (resized).jpegD7C15693-3C57-4F6F-892C-DB1A0569C1EC (resized).jpeg

After the accident:

697D3A39-8701-4A63-AFCD-66E0EC531F71 (resized).jpeg697D3A39-8701-4A63-AFCD-66E0EC531F71 (resized).jpeg

#2333 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

A fair afternoon of fixing issues with a few games. Got the broken rubber fixed on Tron. (Time for a total teardown and shop job on that one.) Adjusted the TNT drops on ACDC pro and added another rubber behind the targets to keep ball from being stuck. Also, amazing how a trough switch that was sticking was the cause of my game loading 2 balls in the trough.
    All in all a good day of fixing stuff.

Glad you got everything dialed in!

Shadow wireforms and gun packaged for black nickel powdercoat. Doing a deep shop with CPR plastics while I wait, along with fixing a few things.

Picking up Star Wars this week. It never ends.

#2337 6 years ago

Oh, oh! I know, I know!

(But not from the picture. I cheated.)

1 week later
    #2358 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I got nothing but Aerosmith, and I'm not ready to break up yet.
    Seriously though, always fun to mix it up.

I know, right! I did a 75% game swap the past few weeks, and a 100% swap in the past 8 months. Keep those games fresh!

If I haven’t played it, it’s new to me.

#2362 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sorcerer is officially on hold gang. It is staying in the area.
    Games we would still move: IM, GoT LE, RFM (and possibly XMen LE and Met Prem).
    Hopefully the weather holds up. I’m planning on going back to Beaumont to be on the Mafia stream tonight.

I just picked up SW, or I would have likely been very interested in your IM.

#2364 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

PavBall and I are in no rush and IM is at my office anyway (so it’s not really depriving me of space like the other three are). If you think sometime in the next six months you’d want to trade the SW for the IM, I’ll hold the IM. Let us know.

I’ll be ready to trade SW after dumping a ton of money into it that I can’t get back, right before the massive code update.

#2368 6 years ago

I don't expect to beat Speed's daughter Emma and the other kids/teens, but it should be entertaining to send Mudflaps off in the hairpin curve wiping out into the refrigerator, ladder, and garden tools.

I try not to brag about it, but I made semi-finals in the 1984 Southwest Regional Hoverboard Championship and Chili Cookoff.

#2378 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

right before the massive code update.

How are you enjoying ACDC, Jodester?

#2380 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Gosh, that is hysterical...you sell a game and it gets a code update. Hands down proven now! Ha!

Truth. I’m surprised Gorgar didn’t get a wizard mode the day after I sold it.

#2394 6 years ago

Very sad to be missing this one. I have to be out of town, but I’ll be there in spirit (heckling, distracting and otherwise making a spectacle of myself).

1 week later
    #2408 6 years ago

Wow, looks like Henry cleaned up.

Jason and I were able to hang out for a bit in NOLA. We checked out the latest BM66 code and enjoyed some other classics.

2 weeks later
    #2434 6 years ago

Debating heading down on Friday if I can get a kitchen pass. Really looking forward to the show. Last year was great.

1 week later
    #2459 6 years ago

You may want to sanitize that GOTG. Might be some germs or pizza grease caught in the flipper buttons.

#2474 6 years ago

Picked up an AC translite at TPF and made a budget swapbox. Now I have to figure out where the hell to hang it.

ECA00BA9-FF82-4DC5-B5D2-E6B0CFA06260 (resized).jpegECA00BA9-FF82-4DC5-B5D2-E6B0CFA06260 (resized).jpeg

#2477 6 years ago

I have to check that one out this weekend. Looks great.

1 week later
    #2496 6 years ago

Got my first EM, a Gottlieb Drop A Card. Already bought stencils for a cabinet repaint along with some coils and other stuff. Does this game have a wizard mode?

#2500 6 years ago

Just like me!

#2502 6 years ago

Not a pin but had to feed my addiction

I’m actually looking to get one of those next. Is that the dual game version, or just Maximum Force?

#2513 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

New arrival today! Super excited.

Dick!! Thanks for *not* calling me!!

#2515 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I’m in Memphis. I had to set it up for Henry and leave immediately.

Get back from Memphis and let’s play. I’ll even let you play one game on Drop A Card.

1 week later
    #2567 6 years ago

Checking in from Germany

78DD7BD5-DE01-4FA6-835B-76D8DBEBB070 (resized).jpeg78DD7BD5-DE01-4FA6-835B-76D8DBEBB070 (resized).jpeg

#2570 6 years ago
    Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Hey Kyle,
    Can you run by pinballcenter.eu and pick up a few things for us...lol! Have a great time

I’ll get right on that

Quoted from angus:

Looks like Heidelburg! Lived in Germany in the 80's. Have fun!

That’s right! I was able to break free for a few hours and visit. Neat town.

A8F8523D-6BC1-418E-ABD4-F383863F3D90 (resized).jpegA8F8523D-6BC1-418E-ABD4-F383863F3D90 (resized).jpeg

#2572 6 years ago

54953210-7DA4-4EF4-A740-BC2AF2A59708 (resized).jpeg54953210-7DA4-4EF4-A740-BC2AF2A59708 (resized).jpeg

#2582 5 years ago

My hotel in Rothenberg. They don’t have any pinball machines here. I asked.

B02C3347-96A4-4EAB-AA0B-2981473544D2 (resized).jpegB02C3347-96A4-4EAB-AA0B-2981473544D2 (resized).jpeg

#2585 5 years ago

Did you check out the basement in the hotel Mudflaps? Anything interesting down there? Fixed up nice, or not?

Just the screams of the damned and forelorn. Also, an Italian ice shop.

#2589 5 years ago

I found Iron Maiden in Germany!

A0903F56-EC91-4EBE-AA19-A37B37FC41C5 (resized).jpegA0903F56-EC91-4EBE-AA19-A37B37FC41C5 (resized).jpeg

505263F5-E117-4B6F-9096-7FA22DEB0E86 (resized).jpeg505263F5-E117-4B6F-9096-7FA22DEB0E86 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
    #2639 5 years ago
    Quoted from XQ11:

know almost nothing about pinball

You’ll fit right in

#2654 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

we are trying to figure out the rules of CSI.

Shoot the thing!

#2670 5 years ago

I think Mudflaps does.

#2673 5 years ago
    Quoted from spanks_4:

How do you like it MF?? It looks like a brutally fun time lol...
    Are you going after AC also?

It’s a really fun game. Lots to do with varied modes and funny animations. Nice build quality. Not a popular title and the value tanked, but I really enjoy it.

I’m going to wait and see on AC. I’m more interested in IMDN right now.

#2684 5 years ago
    Quoted from spanks_4:

IMDN?? Sorry I'm behind on my abbreviations.
    If I ever get in the mood to drive 4 hours north I will have to swing by and put a few games on RZ.

Always welcome

#2685 5 years ago

Does anyone have a T2 (or similar game in the $1500-$2200 range) they may be willing to part with? I talk about pinball enough at work that I may have a buyer looking for his first game. LMK

#2687 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

That’s awesome. Would love to see y’all Shreveport gentlemen get your league up and running.
    Any major regional Pinball news this weekend? What is the mafia streaming tonight? Any new games pop up in someone’s collection?

Nevus is the Shreveport tourney godfather. I’m waiting patiently for his instructions.

I have a list of pinball to-do’s: wait for TS sound board, re-paint & re-stencil Drop A Card, finish Police Force, etc. How can I do all this while raising a family *and* squeezing in 6 hours of TV a day?

#2689 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

So, the sound board was bad on Shadow?

Yeah, no biggie.

#2704 5 years ago

WWE Live will be in Bossier City this coming Sun June 10th, 5pm.

Yeah, I know. I’ll be performing as ‘The Revolting Blob,’ so feel free to check me out if anyone is free that night.

F0ACE1CE-8231-49B3-952B-5CFC32E7D31D (resized).jpegF0ACE1CE-8231-49B3-952B-5CFC32E7D31D (resized).jpeg
    #2714 5 years ago

I’m jealous too, but I’m in hot ass Shreveport, so I can say that.

1 week later
    #2746 5 years ago

LC is becoming a pinball hotspot.

I know right?! Move to Shreveport instead, we have drive thru daiquiris!

1 week later
    #2775 5 years ago

Have a great time guys. I'm on the road to Destin tomorrow morning or I would be there. Good luck!

#2779 5 years ago

Hangin out with TigerLaw and Pavball and friends. Thanks Tiger for a good time playin pinball.

Jason and Jody are holding their fingers for how many times they crop dusted their opponents.

1 week later
    #2820 5 years ago

RZ left today.

Great game, just doing the truffle shuffle. I picked up a nice T3 and dropped major coin on a ColorDMD, topper, LEDs and other stuff.

Drop A Card re-paint and stencil has begun. Legs getting EvapoRust, then massive cabinet sanding and repainting. The playfield looks almost perfect, so this will be a sweet looking game.

36458704-2B05-4342-93BC-F718B5B9345A (resized).jpeg36458704-2B05-4342-93BC-F718B5B9345A (resized).jpeg486D24FE-2EE2-4B45-B17B-3968883BB404 (resized).jpeg486D24FE-2EE2-4B45-B17B-3968883BB404 (resized).jpegE8983AF5-18BC-4A2D-8AD4-3981D35E013A (resized).jpegE8983AF5-18BC-4A2D-8AD4-3981D35E013A (resized).jpeg
    #2827 5 years ago

TF is a great game. Urine for a real treat!

#2829 5 years ago

Finished Drop A Card head. Cabinet next.

Webbing turned out alright for my first attempt. Pinball Pimp stencils are awesome.

#2831 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Wanna sell a treadmill?

That goddamn treadmill is a sore spot and you know it!

#2833 5 years ago

Looks like it’s taking up a pinball space?

Exactly

#2846 5 years ago

Thanks again Nevus for helping me bring another game upstairs. T3 is getting the LED and ColorDMD treatment.

14E33773-4F71-4288-8454-9C21087C3C30 (resized).jpeg14E33773-4F71-4288-8454-9C21087C3C30 (resized).jpeg
    #2850 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Nice T3! Where did it come from and what did it replace?

RZ is out, T3 is in. It was a swap (plus cash) with a fellow pinsider. We each had to ship the game, which kind of sucked, but life is short.

I’m wrestling with the ColorDMD now and replacing what seems to be about 700 incandescent bulbs. I’ve got a pretty sweet topper on the way, too.

#2852 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sweet. When you are ready to move on from the T3 let me know, maybe we can swap something. We missed you at the last LC tourney weekend!

Will do!

#2855 5 years ago

T3 is done (minus the topper). Probably one of the toughest games I’ve ever shopped. Ramps and screws everywhere. Turned out nice, though.

9E23FC16-55C1-4321-B2BC-36F275448EB9 (resized).jpeg9E23FC16-55C1-4321-B2BC-36F275448EB9 (resized).jpeg
    #2858 5 years ago
    Quoted from ElCid95:

Anyone have a lead on T2, Revenge from Mars or Starship Troopers? Looking to make one of those my first pinball game...

^^ Good dude here, and a friend of mine. Keep an eye out for bang for your buck type games for his first game.

Maybe an imamaculate Baywatch?

#2866 5 years ago

Nevus,
    I believe proper protocol is to sign the wall with your online Pinside name just underneath the dent. Then take a pic and post it here on Pinside forum.
    If some jackleg Pinsider says "pics or it didn't happen", then boom, you post the pic with your signed dent, and nip that crap. Nip it I say, nip it.

I have a wall of shame that bears many scars from the constant influx of games. Nevus shares the blame for some.

72B31B99-759D-4F0B-99A9-C95CA0F6C846 (resized).jpeg72B31B99-759D-4F0B-99A9-C95CA0F6C846 (resized).jpeg
    #2872 5 years ago

Drop A Card is finished and looking faaaaaabulous!
    7162F68B-DAF2-40CE-AB37-176C8432ED16 (resized).jpeg7162F68B-DAF2-40CE-AB37-176C8432ED16 (resized).jpegDC1D34F9-CB2A-4F18-A04D-EF303478A984 (resized).jpegDC1D34F9-CB2A-4F18-A04D-EF303478A984 (resized).jpeg

#2875 5 years ago
    Quoted from TxRox:

Nice mudflaps looks sweet!

Thanks and welcome to the club!

#2886 5 years ago

Please pray for me this weekend. It is gonna be brutal hot outside this weekend down here.

I'll be guiding a swamp tour kayaking trip on Sat late afternoon - early evening, then a 2nd paddle trip on Sun afternoon.

Hope our customers are physically fit and in shape well enough to handle the heat.

I’ll be praying... that I run into one of your customers.

#2890 5 years ago

And it’s done!

BF968FFD-8D1C-4BF9-BA90-19AC29B288FF (resized).jpegBF968FFD-8D1C-4BF9-BA90-19AC29B288FF (resized).jpeg
    #2895 5 years ago

Is this indeed the next Chicago game? The rumors are bouncing all over the place.

#2902 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

We have beer!

How come when I come over, you’re always out?

#2905 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Because he likes me better.

Quoted from Jodester:

Saturday, yes.

I should be able to do Saturday also pending any antiquing trips the old lady drags me on.

#2915 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Would be great to see you!

I invited some folks from work, so hopefully some new faces.

#2918 5 years ago

Those are hurtful stereotypes. What if I made fun of doctors?

C847630C-7763-48D8-98C6-953E2A40AD65 (resized).jpegC847630C-7763-48D8-98C6-953E2A40AD65 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #2958 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Anybody want to buy a Kiss Pro? Looks like I need to move it with all these new games coming out.

I’m thinking hard about IMDN or getting that Kiss back.

1 week later
    #2977 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I’ve got Deadpool fever. I’ll be listing a game this weekend, probably GOTG. We’ll see where it goes.
    Please disregard my previous grandstanding about no more nib etc.

Sucker!!

#2990 5 years ago

Whatcha guys think about the Deadpool video? Great flow, sweet animations. Love the 90s video game vibe! Not sure if the callouts will get old, though.

IMDN on order, so I’m looking forward to that!

#2995 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I hope you like IMDN better than I do. Played a bunch of Edwin's premium and the game just falls flat to me. His TNA on the other hand is a crowd favorite.
    I liked the DP Dead_Flip stream. Shots look fun. My only issue is that I think it may be a long ball time game for better players. Could be a problem for tournaments.

TNA is super, super fun. *However*, I feel like the lack of any real modes, coupled with just the 3-ball multiball, it wouldn’t last in my collection. I seem to be in the minority, though, because everyone who owns it, loves it. I only have a handful of games on it.

IMDN seems more my speed. While it differs from normal ‘flow’ games (Kiss, ACDC), it seems like it has enough to do to keep my interest.

Of course I turn over my collection often, so you never know.

#2999 5 years ago

Coop mode on TNA is simple and brilliant. I can’t believe it’s never been done before. That alone makes for a fantastic multiplayer experience.

I usually play with myself, though.

54C4DA18-2EDE-4499-9ED9-8B62CDB25097 (resized).jpeg54C4DA18-2EDE-4499-9ED9-8B62CDB25097 (resized).jpeg
    #3016 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

All done. My chief tech checked it out after we shopped it.[quoted image]

I think you missed a few incandescents. Like, maybe, all of them...

#3018 5 years ago
    Quoted from ElCid95:

A big shout out to Mudflaps spending most of his Sunday afternoon helping me out with my first pin. It looks a lot better with a color DMD and LEDs installed.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the sickness!

#3028 5 years ago

Maybe you can talk mudflaps into riding with y’all and make a road trip out of it, if you can make it. If he is not out antiquing with the wife Saturday.

Out of town now in our nation’s capital. These antiques aren’t going to buy themselves.

#3034 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Congratulations to jodester First new moderator for Pinside in three years. Great news for the website.

What?! Well, it was nice knowing him before he inevitably becomes drunk with power

#3038 5 years ago

Oooooh! You better do something Jodester!

6c58e93e9ff00d07d094762c357d93b9 (resized).jpg6c58e93e9ff00d07d094762c357d93b9 (resized).jpg
    #3041 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

She will be at my tournament autographing Popsicle sticks for free.
    If you want her to eat the Popsicle first, its $100.

I'll see you at the tourney with a stack of 100s and a box of popsicles

#3073 5 years ago

We’re all waiting for Nevus to post his Deadpool unboxing photos

#3085 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Forget about Deadpool, I have a nice KISS pro to sell you. I will even "throw in" the topper!
    (Quiet Mudflaps, don't mess up my sale)

That’s actually a great idea. Buy Kiss, then I can buy it from Nevus after my pin funds are replenished.

#3092 5 years ago

Finally gettin to watch Waterworld for first time. Action packed. I heard they made an awesome pinball machine with this as a theme.
    [quoted image]

Great movie!

#3096 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Call me crazy, but I like the movie and the pinball machine.

I would call you crazy, but then I’d get a thread eject for insulting a moderator.

#3131 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Did you bring home anything else by chance?

Crabs

#3141 5 years ago

Second on the Deadpool train. Fantastic flow, which was kind of surprising based on the non-standard layout. Super, super fun and definitely one to keep your eye on. Love the metal ramps!

#3153 5 years ago

526B85F1-98C1-4F13-A9A9-138855B3E591 (resized).jpeg526B85F1-98C1-4F13-A9A9-138855B3E591 (resized).jpeg
    #3158 5 years ago
    Quoted from Scott8806:

Any interest in starting a club for Louisiana and gulfport people who want to trade games hard to find people down this way

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ark-la-tex-pinball-club

Nevus started the LA club, but this club sees way more action.

#3164 5 years ago
    Quoted from ElCid95:

Nevus,
    I'm interested in both of your arcade games.

I knew it!

#3190 5 years ago

The highlight for me was when Tigerlaw assaulted me with a soda in the middle of a great ball, causing me emotional stress from which I was unable to recover.

#3192 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I told him to use cat urine. All he could find was the soda.
    On a lighter side note, I am in the ER after our trip this morning. Looks like I may have eaten too much banana but bread from Mrs. Nevus and it is stuck in my small intestine. Hurray! [quoted image]

Oh no! Sincerely, I hope all is well with you.

#3198 5 years ago

One of the highlights for myself and others was Mudflaps and Nevus surprising us by having Mudflaps brand new Iron Maiden pinball machine set up at Nevus's and in use during the tournaments.
    Mudflaps,
    Your Iron Maiden machine is fun to play.
    Of course this score I put up did not happen during tournament play.
    [quoted image]

I won’t be able to look at that game until I erase everyone’s initials. In fact, I think there is a glitch that may require me to re-update the code...

#3202 5 years ago

Now I don’t have to burn my game!

642960B1-7CAB-424E-ABF6-480D29399194 (resized).jpeg642960B1-7CAB-424E-ABF6-480D29399194 (resized).jpeg
    #3205 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Cool! Now you can put the glass back on...

4B40D35E-A7E5-48F3-B30E-B3AF1CA63C30 (resized).jpeg4B40D35E-A7E5-48F3-B30E-B3AF1CA63C30 (resized).jpeg
    #3227 5 years ago

I have a pinball addiction

I think we all do

#3231 5 years ago

If y’all don’t mind pissing on my trees (I live in the country) we can have a tourney. I still don’t have a finished bathroom in my game room

Where else are you supposed to piss?

#3247 5 years ago

Todd asked me to put this on here as he isn’t on pinside. He is selling his Black Hole for $1700. Per Todd the Black Hole is HUO. I have some picks and a video I can send anyone that is interested and get you Todd’s info. Just PM me and include your cell phone number if you are interested in it. Would be nice if we could keep it in LA.
    [quoted image]

Pm sent. Let’s keep BH in LA!

#3273 5 years ago

Loaded up, ass first!

AE775208-E963-4462-9CF6-727789E29D8A (resized).jpegAE775208-E963-4462-9CF6-727789E29D8A (resized).jpeg
    #3276 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

You secured that nice Blackhole? We need you to host a tourney as well. There are formats that a four-five game collection would be perfect for a tourney.

I’d love to host a tourney sometime with my meager collection. Squeeze me in when the timing works out.

#3279 5 years ago

Cool I had heard you were picking this up on Thursday, did you go into the arcade part of Todd's place?

Yeah, his arcade was bananas.

#3281 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Was he rocking 80's videos?

You know it!

#3293 5 years ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

And the tilt bob at the end of the rod too I bet! lol

He throws those things in the trash. TWD at Nevus’ house has an assault charge pending.

#3322 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Well, KISS officially left today. Time to decide what goes in it's place. Ideas???
    Deadpool?
    JJP POTC??

What about another Kiss?

#3326 5 years ago

What’s wrong with Jody and I sharing a Kiss, and then being sad that he gave his Kiss to another?

#3335 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

That pic makes my butt look big.

And your head kind of looks like a nut sack.

#3347 5 years ago

Spent a ton of time on the ‘new’ Black Hole. Removed the Mylar, added all new clear posts and rubbers, LED’ed, and dialed in the gameplay. New motor on the way from China so the backbox doesn’t sound like a meat grinder.

I may clearcoat down the road if the game is a keeper. Super fun so far!

ABBC94B1-E91C-4C9D-A6C7-E7979F5DAB8D (resized).jpegABBC94B1-E91C-4C9D-A6C7-E7979F5DAB8D (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #3363 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hello club members! Just checking in on if we have potential dates for 2018 tourneys. I believe both mudflaps and jahpinwizard may be considering an event of some kind. Thanks!

Hey @pinball-is-great, what’s a good date for a Shreveport tourney? I’m happy to host (as long as I’m in town), but I have a small collection (5 games).

Lemme know!

#3366 5 years ago

I will coordinate w/ some folks and look at the calendar and get back with you soon.
    Since it is already late Sep, and with the 30 day advance notice for IFPA tournaments, thus we are looking at a late Oct thru late Dec timeframe for a 2018 tournament, and/or have one in yr 2019.

Let’s shoot for 2019 then. Keep me in mind.

#3370 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Pics requested...before and after speaker lights...
    Game shoots well. Especially cool that I have a Seawitch two pins down just like in Deadpool...
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

When did you pick up Seawitch? I’ve always wanted one of those...

#3374 5 years ago

To Nevus and Jodester

161C3397-09E7-43DA-B026-358CFDAF243D (resized).jpeg161C3397-09E7-43DA-B026-358CFDAF243D (resized).jpeg
    #3377 5 years ago

Golf Coast Military trivia, Kyle I'm counting on you to get this right.
    So I went to two bases last week first 1 Army been there a bunch. Second one Air Force their slogan Combat Airlift. Where was I? If you need another clue let me know.

Easy.

Burpelson Air Force Base. I used to be stationed there. Col Jack D. Ripper was the wing commander.
    93617852-EC9C-4E0B-A05C-4D5E17DA6641 (resized).jpeg93617852-EC9C-4E0B-A05C-4D5E17DA6641 (resized).jpegE57DB9E4-4A95-4AD2-901A-5894A11CABB3 (resized).jpegE57DB9E4-4A95-4AD2-901A-5894A11CABB3 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #3395 5 years ago

So, Nevus is kind of famous.

My favorite line... “My wife is extremely supportive of my passion.”

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/story/news/2018/10/10/shreveport-bossier-pinball-wizards-keeping-classic-hobby-alive/1515194002/

#3399 5 years ago

BH totally whored out with LEDs, new displays, new motor, clear rubbers, light up buttons, new posts, legs de-rusted, and playfield protector. Maybe one day I’ll play it!

294E0D86-6F36-4C4D-9C14-030141B35ACB (resized).jpeg294E0D86-6F36-4C4D-9C14-030141B35ACB (resized).jpegADEB9909-37F0-42F5-982A-80E8D96D1EB7 (resized).jpegADEB9909-37F0-42F5-982A-80E8D96D1EB7 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #3402 5 years ago

Who else is going to TPF?

This will be my third year and first long weekend (Fri-Sun).

#3405 5 years ago

Mr Flaps are you going to HAAG expo this weekend?

I won’t be able to make Houston this year

#3427 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Hoping to see some of you at the Moncla tournament on 11/3. Henry and I are in and Mudflaps might come with us.

I’m on another government funded trip that week.

Have fun!

#3432 5 years ago

The Tinseltown has a dogshit Rolling Stones.

1 week later
    #3449 5 years ago
    E59EE449-C5B8-46B3-9AED-3B81218D3F92 (resized).jpegE59EE449-C5B8-46B3-9AED-3B81218D3F92 (resized).jpeg
    #3452 5 years ago

Look what I found in Lyons, Colorado

012E5217-C132-4C07-9DE7-B736479B3ECC (resized).jpeg012E5217-C132-4C07-9DE7-B736479B3ECC (resized).jpegCE4BECF4-EEE1-495C-AD9F-BCA3017F396F (resized).jpegCE4BECF4-EEE1-495C-AD9F-BCA3017F396F (resized).jpeg
    #3454 5 years ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

Yo mudflaps Is it just a sign? Or do they have pins?

It’s a legit business, but apparently they open only sporadically. Our tour guide said he’s seen them open three times in six months.

#3457 5 years ago

So apparently there was a furry convention at the 1Up bar in Denver today

59962874-1C48-4343-9189-20B9FAEDDF9D (resized).jpeg59962874-1C48-4343-9189-20B9FAEDDF9D (resized).jpeg
    #3460 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Like you didn't know before you went there.

Everyone kept asking about the ‘Meercat.’ I told them he was taking some down time and recovering in Lake Charles.

#3463 5 years ago
    Quoted from angus:

mudflaps should have let me know you were in town! We could have hung out. I was actually in Lyons on Saturday. It is a great place.

Darn! We were on a tour, so unfortunately we didn’t have a ton of time, but I’d love to reach out if we’re. ever in the area again.

1 week later
    #3481 5 years ago

Enjoying my day off

#3486 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I like that IMDN topper Mudflaps.
    When are we doing a Star Wars temp trade?

I just picked it up from Tilt Toppers and it’s pretty sweet. He does great work.

You may have to get in line with Nevus on SW, but I’m always up for a temp trade anytime. Sometimes they wind up staying here permanently!

#3492 5 years ago

Sounds like that old I know I guy that knows a guy.

I know that guy

#3499 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Mudflaps and I got to reactor 5 today in 4P co-op.

That picture makes it look like the glass is on.

#3501 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Notice the way Mudflaps is holding the game. He kept asking me where the “pleasure opening” was in the coin door. I told him this not like his “robot” at home.

For your information, I do have a pleasure robot at home. Unfortunately, it looks like Yul Brynner.

4F19E10B-C827-4E35-9F06-BEAF1542E5EC (resized).jpeg4F19E10B-C827-4E35-9F06-BEAF1542E5EC (resized).jpeg
    #3503 5 years ago

Wow, I’m really getting picked on. I’m going to go home and snuggle with my Yule log.

2 weeks later
    #3528 5 years ago

Looks like a ton of fun! Sorry I missed it... next time!

#3533 5 years ago
    Quoted from ElCid95:

It's pretty quiet here as of late. I just wanted everyone to know I installed LED's in my Buck Rogers and it really brightens up the entire experience! Big shout out to Mudflaps for his recommendations for changing the colors of the lane guides and the rubbers!
    [quoted image]

Dude, you need to stamp that photo as NSFW because it’s sexy!

#3535 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

What about me?[quoted image]

You wish you looked like Ron Swanson!

#3541 5 years ago

No one talks shit about Nevus! No one!!

I’m boycotting the TWIPYs!

#3548 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Instead of “sweep the leg”, it’s going to be “bump the elbow”.

“Spill the drink”

#3565 5 years ago

I was able to reach the Deadpool score by breaking Nevus’ glass and just hitting the slingshots. Took me just over an hour.

#3571 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Can't beat a Cajun turkey!

Truth!

2 weeks later
    #3599 5 years ago

Have a good time at the tourney everyone! I’m stuck in San Antonio or else I’d see you there. Drink a beer for me!

#3616 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Looking forward to hanging out Chris. After I get booted in the first round, we should have plenty of time to chat.

You guys can talk about your hernias.

1 week later
    #3641 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Dead around here. Any pinball events or unboxings to post?
    I will post pics if I ever get my MBrLE...

Sad to say we’ll be moving early this summer. Off to areas unknown...

I’ll likely be selling (or 2 for 1 swap) some of my games to lighten the load and keep the weight under limits.

Looking forward to seeing everyone at TPF!

#3648 5 years ago

We need to have some kind of massive, crazy blowout party before I split.

Wait. We’re all old. We’ll probably just wind up playing a few games and eating a veggie tray.

#3649 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Fine, Star Wars and Black Hole for High Speed.

IMDN for your Spooky translite.

#3653 5 years ago

Areas unknown? Or areas you can’t tell us?

Not finalized yet. I’m waiting for instructions.

FC7C0230-FB66-42F4-B9D8-9C5C81E00EB4 (resized).jpegFC7C0230-FB66-42F4-B9D8-9C5C81E00EB4 (resized).jpeg
    #3656 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I thought you were Ret?????

Not yet!

AD502C17-BFE7-4FD4-A23F-44294C09B5D7 (resized).jpegAD502C17-BFE7-4FD4-A23F-44294C09B5D7 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #3669 5 years ago

Finally got ColorDMD installed for GB. Not sure how much more money I can dump into it... maybe $100 bills over the art blades?

E223505C-2C05-43EA-A18C-AB6856C27F21 (resized).jpegE223505C-2C05-43EA-A18C-AB6856C27F21 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #3679 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hello everyone.
    Romp in the Swamp (I think it is VI) will be on Sunday, April 14th. It will have one big main tourney using the match play format similar to what the Moncla Mafia utilize (though it will have a small variant to their format). It will have one sizable side tourney using the best game format (probably four games will be in play).
    If anyone wants to bring an EM that game would be welcome. I plan to reach out to Sean and see if he can do some of those bangers or otherwise cater the event for us.
    I hope some of our friends from Mississippi can join us and I hope some of our friends from Texas can join us. We will create the pages and IFPA entries soon with more details.
    *Note, I had to change the date above from the Saturday the 13th to Sunday the 14th due to an unmovable schedule conflict I had.*

I’ll try to make this one if I can.

In other news, we’ll be moving to New Brunswick, NJ this summer. Still thrashing about on what to take with me or what to sell/trade/lend.

Maybe I’ll just offload everything and buy a Magic Girl.

1 week later
    #3693 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I’m thinking of giving him glass off on one game of his choice
    so he can play like he does at home.

This is what I do to glass!

2CD4A4A0-CA7A-416F-9E85-60D510006EB7 (resized).jpeg2CD4A4A0-CA7A-416F-9E85-60D510006EB7 (resized).jpeg
    #3698 5 years ago

Listed my ST gang, though I’m pretty sure you guys all have one.

Added over 5 years ago:

Edit: Sold

#3700 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I might know a buyer for your Star Wars when you are ready to move on from that one bro. What happened to your black hole?

I’m actually trading SW for TNA at TPF.

I’m looking to move ST for a local trade deal. Still have BH, but that will stay in LA after I’m in NJ.

#3702 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Yes it will!

You lucky dog

3442B71C-1A12-45C2-8497-4368A477077B (resized).jpeg3442B71C-1A12-45C2-8497-4368A477077B (resized).jpeg
    #3705 5 years ago

We're gonna need participation ribbons for the Mudflaps Invitational.

You misspelled ‘rubbers.’

#3717 5 years ago

I thought this was going to be the MVTI (mudflaps vegetable tray invitational).

MNGBPIFRA

Mudflaps No Glass Beer Pong Invitational For Rabies Awareness

#3719 5 years ago

Hmm. Not sure. The only similarity I’ve seen is known as the ‘Bra’ at al Udeid.

#3726 5 years ago

Friday afternoon for me. I should be able to make the meet & greet.

331 posts in this topic match your search for posts by Mudflaps. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Mudflaps.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana?tu=Mudflaps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.