Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,980 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 hours ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8864 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8863 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240407_155527588 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155535348 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155543392 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1592 Possible date for sept tourney. Posted by Nevus (6 years ago)

Post #3395 Pinball story in Shreveport featuring Nevis. Posted by Mudflaps (5 years ago)

Post #3580 The club getting a both at TPF. Posted by Nevus (5 years ago)

Post #5189 Charitable event in Houston. Posted by lizzyd (2 years ago)

Post #5398 Wife present of the year for 2021! Posted by Bfults (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Leakyfaucet.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#370 7 years ago

Hey everybody! I'm new to the pinball sickness. I live in SETX. My name is Seth. Don't know a lot about pinball and all its jargon and abbreviations but I do know I love the silver ball.

Here's a shot of my first owned machine yesterday as my 2 oldest kids played their first round of pinball ever!?

IMG_20160724_093008_(resized).jpgIMG_20160724_093008_(resized).jpg

#373 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Welcome to the club. Come to Lake Charles for the tournament on August 13 (it is adults only by the way) and meet the gang.

If I can I definitely will! My kids are still a bit too young and wild to bring to functions and the functions still be functional anyway. My wife is still in a little bit of shock that there is a huge machine in the living room. Gotta smooth things with her before I drag her all over with me to pinball functions?

#374 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Welcome to the group Seth.
    You will find everyone in here very friendly and helpful.
    And that Caberet looks really nice.

Thanks Leon!

#377 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Welcome to the madness Seth. Awesome moment to capture with photos. That's a keeper picture.

Thanks! I'm glad I stepped back and thought to take it! I wish I had one of the first quarter I put in the Addams family back in 93-94

#379 7 years ago

JAHpinWizard

Quoted from PoBoyPinball:before you know you will be looking for game 2....

I've already been browsing Craigslist.....

1 week later
    #405 7 years ago

I feel so lost when y'all talk about the tournaments. I don't understand the lingo. Is there a pinball tournaments for dummies?

#407 7 years ago

I

Quoted from PoBoyPinball:if you can make it to TigerLaws I would recommend you come.

I feel like I would suck so bad. Also where is it?

#416 7 years ago

What do I look for on ifpa site? Also how much is the tournament

#436 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Do you think you'll make the tournament?

I'm going to try my hardest. Going out of town this weekend for my anniversary so Grandma is watching the kids this weekend, I'll try to talk her into watching them that weekend too. Just depends on her mood.

1 week later
    #483 7 years ago

I'm still trying to make it, fingers crossed.

#512 7 years ago

Hey I started a restoration thread on my machine if any of y'all care to follow along.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1968-williams-cabaret-restoration

3 months later
    #829 7 years ago

Hey guys! I've been pretty absent here but trying to change that. I just finished our last visit to RenFest last night. Although it's a blast, it bummed me that I had to miss so many fun pinball events and the chance to meet y'all in person. Hopefully I can meet up with y'all soon. I'm going to pick up my 3rd machine this afternoon!

My youngest son and I a few weekends back:
    Screenshot_2016-11-05-17-54-20 (resized).pngScreenshot_2016-11-05-17-54-20 (resized).png

The machine I'm going to get later today:
    Screenshot_2016-11-26-19-37-20 (resized).pngScreenshot_2016-11-26-19-37-20 (resized).png

#833 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The ren fest is awesome. I haven't been there since 08. Post some more pics!

Will do when I get around a computer tonight!

#835 7 years ago

Now sitting on a bridge on i10 with a blow out.

1480288775931-1059190338 (resized).jpg1480288775931-1059190338 (resized).jpg

#836 7 years ago

At least I have this:

IMG_20161127_151940 (resized).jpgIMG_20161127_151940 (resized).jpg

#838 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Hope you make it home safe

Leon, I made it home! Thanks for the well wishes. We should get together soon!

3 weeks later
    #858 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

What's been happening Gulf Coast Club? This thread has lost some momentum, likely due to holidays and what not.
    PavBall and I have been busy with the baby and what. We have a strict rule that the baby must sleep in his crib and not the bed. Nevertheless, I woke up this morning and turned around to this slight rules infraction (PavBall claims she has no idea how he got there).

As parents we always set boundaries that we cross ourselves, over and over. At my house, nap time has 3 kids, an 80 lb hound, a pregnant wife, 2 cats and myself on weekends and I swore I'd never let my kids sleep in the bed..... or animals...... or my wife.... go figure!

As for pinball news, I'm getting ready to convert a storage building into a small sixteen by twenty game room.... wife said 3 games in the house is too many so I have to move outside.

Happy holidays to all!!!

#860 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

How many games will that hold?

I'm not sure exactly, more than I'll have any time soon.... I hope.

#872 7 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

What his wife doesn't realize is she is now an enabler. Before she knows it he will have another pin then another, then when the game room is full he will be looking to put a game or two back in the house (that he buys)…

Well, we are in the early stages of planning to build our "final" house in the next few years and I have already said, "there will be a game room and it will be very large." My wife is fine with that. She doesn't like pinball at all, in fact, it actually annoys her but she supports it as my hobby. If only I could figure out a way to get her to like it.... then all the machines would be mine!

#875 7 years ago

So check this awesome thing my wife did for me for Christmas! It's a key holder for my pinball machines with back glass key chains. I see some extra hooks in my future!

IMG_20161224_191929 (resized).jpgIMG_20161224_191929 (resized).jpg

#879 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

I'm getting ready to convert a storage building into a small sixteen by twenty game room

I was mistaken, the building is 12*16...
    Smaller than I anticipated but I still count my blessings on having this space available to further pursue my hobby.

Here is my first draft of a possible layout. I currently have three games and am in the market for a skee ball machine to include my wife in the hobby (she said, "at least they(skeeball) are fun"... the only machine she is really interested in is the WOZ, can't quite afford that). The outlines in orange are future pinball machines as I can remove non essential items like the projector for a wall mount TV and the table for pinball standing room only!

Thoughts, advice?
    IMG_20161226_100838 (resized).jpgIMG_20161226_100838 (resized).jpg

#881 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

"I think we're gonna need a bigger ship" - Jaws

Yes we will, this is only temporary though.... we will be building a home with a large game room in the next couple of years. I just didn't know if there was a way to get more in there?

#908 7 years ago

I was just showing my wife this!
    When I told her the price she just laughed.

#910 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I could sell PavBall on it, espeically if Pinball-is-Great would drive it down to me next time he was up there. Sadly, it would mean she would make me get rid of Varkon or worse...not get Dialed In.

So who got into pinball first, you or pavball?

#915 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Oh, me by far. I actually have photos of PavBall's first game of pinball ever (it was on my old Tron LE). I'll have to dig them out of my phone and post them.
    PavBall sure got into pinball fast though, she took very naturally to it and caused me to expand the collection to double the size it was before we were together.

I was just wondering. I'm trying to get my in-laws to watch my 3 kids so my wife and I can make the TPF before baby 4 is born. I'm hoping she will catch the fever there!

#935 7 years ago

Super stoked!! Using my flu fueled boredom, I just ordered my TPF passes for my wife and I. Booked a room at Home2 suites, is anyone else staying there? Never been to a pinball festival so I can't imagine the fun!

#937 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

PavBall and I will be sitting this one out this year it seems (new family member and all)

My wife will be 8 months pregnant and we will have our youngest son (he will have just turned 2)with us. You should come! It's just a baby. Just kidding but not really.

#943 7 years ago

What you do Tiger... scare her by saying this might be the last time yall could go with only ONE baby.

Unless she wants more kids, then you are screwed.

You'll have some great photo opportunities to take some family pics with other people dressed up in Star Wars, Mario Brothers, & other costumes.

So people dress up?!?! We're RenFest people so we love that! Maybe Renaissance and pinball go together minus the whole electricity thing.

#945 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Tons of people dress up at the Houston show.

Leon, when is the Houston show? Is that the one I missed in Oct or Nov?

#948 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Mike already answered you, but yes the Houston show is in November every year.
    It is held at the Crowne Plaza on 290 North.
    Both shows are awesome and not to be missed if you can help it.
    The Dallas show you are going to is for the most part, in one giant room and the games are very spread out with plenty of room to walk around and talk. No extra music is playing so you can really hear your particular game pretty well. Tons of games will have for sale signs on them with phone numbers so you can pick up one at the show if you are looking for one. Tons of guest speakers are in the side rooms giving talks on their jobs in the industry. Sometimes new games are revealed at this show. The tournament area has a wide selection of games and runs fairly well now. In the past it had it's troubles staying on schedule. If you need a game part, you can probably easily find it in stock at this show and if not they can certainly order it for you. Ton's of vendors show up for this event. Oh and if you need anything autographed, there are plenty of big names on hand signing backglasses and playfield parts for you. Just bring whatever you want signed with you.
    The Houston show is great as well. It is set up in two smaller rooms, 3 if you count the separate tournament room. It is packed tight and half of one of the rooms is dedicated to console gaming and a few vendors. Keith has a DJ booth set up in one of the rooms and pumps out high energy jams throughout the show. Lights are low and hearing the sound from your game is not going to happen. It is still a blast, just different, so know that going in. There is plenty of room in the hallways and lobby to gather and talk shop. They, like Dallas also do a swap meet in the parking lot where regular collectors bring parts and project machines you can pick up really cheap. They also hold costume contest as well and there are always some really inventive costumes at the show.

Sounds like both of them are fun! I look forward to meeting fellow pinsiders and hopefully some of yall there. I think the Houston show might be more my style but honestly I just need more pinball in my life!

1 week later
    #960 7 years ago

Well I came home with another pinball machine with help from JAHpinWizard and so the inevitable thing happened my wife said they had to go outside. So, after several hours of disassembly and the help of my brother in law, all my machines are in my future game room in a row for the first time. Even though, some are in the process of being repaired and brought to life, it makes me super happy.... sheetrock or not!

IMG_20170117_202742 (resized).jpgIMG_20170117_202742 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170117_202733 (resized).jpgIMG_20170117_202733 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #970 7 years ago

First boiling / eating of 2017. It's good to live in LA.

I would have brought your beer today....CRAWFISH!!!!!!!!!

#983 7 years ago

I know it's not pinball related but I picked this up for my game room today for $40! Gonna be making my kids chore money back!

20170130_170946 (resized).jpg20170130_170946 (resized).jpg

1 month later
    #1076 7 years ago

So I've been collecting my older EM pinball machines and love them but figured I need to brush up on my newer game skills for the TPF later this month. I've been working for a few months in a newer subdivision in beaumont where an arcade has popped up across the road, called BnB Arcade. They have TWD, GB, GoT, Met, and now BM66. I've popped in there with the kids and by myself several times but was curious if anyone else in the Bmt area has played them and if they were set up right? I know TWD can't be, the magnet in the prison yard shoots it straight down the middle with no hope of nudging it to the flippers, others level seems off. Anyway, being used EM's and having not played any new games in the past few years has really showed me I need play newer games more if I'm ever going to play a tournament. We should get together and play soon! Who? You and me.

Funny story for parents, my youngest is almost 2, my wife took the kids to build-a-bear for valentine's day, he wanted a "puppy" He grabbed GB's slimmer and its name is puppy. Last night we went to the arcade and he calls pinball machines, "baaaaaalllll" and he sees the slimmer toy on GB and yells "puppppyyyyyy baaaaaalllll" and thought it was the funniest thing that his toy was in a pinball machine. Maybe had to be there.... but he's my huge pinball fan, and he loves that his puppy is in a machine.

20170304_200147 (resized).jpg20170304_200147 (resized).jpg

20170304_202845 (resized).jpg20170304_202845 (resized).jpg

#1083 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Even Ghostbusters as great as it is, will take forever to pay for itself for the $5200 price tag.
    I can only imagine trying to pay for a $12,000 or more Batman. They must have deep pockets or a lot of guts putting over $30,000 worth of pins in a gas station strip center.

Leon, my thoughts exactly. They have well over $300,000 worth of new games. I'm not sure how anyone would take a gamble that big. It's pretty crazy. And then the tilt is coming back soon... seems iffy.
    I'm going to make it a point to come see you at C.C. soon.

#1086 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Actually, if you hit both flipped buttons simultaneously it will force release the ball from the magnet and will not go straight down the middle.

I have to try this!

#1089 7 years ago

TigerLaw thank you for the double flippers tip. It works! I know you knew that it would and I know that I believed you but this trick finally let me get both multiballs in a row and kill more zombies than I ever have before! (Still not a great score but better than the rest of my games on twd)

#1093 7 years ago

Well that one didn't last long it just left for a new home.

Happy for you! Looked like a good deal.

#1098 7 years ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

I guess nevus and I are the only Ark-La-Tex Pinball Club exhibitors at Texas Pinball Festival? Really? Was sure nice having a bunch of us together...

I'm not an exhibitor but I am going and hope to meet all of yall in person.

2 weeks later
    #1138 7 years ago

Who is here at TPF?

#1140 7 years ago

Where at?

#1142 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The Pinside booth always has a lot of Pinsiders. I think the meet and great already happened earlier though.

The meet and greet happened at wild pitch, a breasturant .... not conducive of introducing the wife to the pinball crowds. Met a few cool people. Looking forward to tomorrow. If you see a guy playing pinball, that's me.

#1150 7 years ago

TPF was awesome for a first pinball experience. It was great meeting the Moncla's mafia and playing a few rounds with Mike. Congrats to Preston! Can't wait to do it again! See yall soon.

#1156 7 years ago

Thanks for coming up and introducing yourself Leaky at TPF. Turns out it was a good thing I decided to wear my GCPC t-shirt on Sat.
    I guess Leaky saw that shirt and figured I must be one of the gang down in his area. I get such a kick out of your online name every time I see it. Leakyfaucet. Ha!

I'm glad you were wearing the shirt too. I kept looking at people's pinside lanyards to see if I recognized their names.... never happened. Glad you get a kick out of the name, it's honestly a pet peeve of mine to see a leaking faucet, go figure.....

1 week later
    #1186 7 years ago

I know not a pinball but since Josh shared his find I had to share mine with the group. It's a 1954

You got it? That's awesome! It's a beautiful color!

#1189 7 years ago

We have a grandchild due any day

Congrats!
    I'm having my 4th child in 8 days!

#1192 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Wow, 4th child! I had to quit at two! Congratulations!

Thanks, 3 ( and 4)weren't planned but now can't imagine life without. All my kids love pinball and we all play together almost nightly.

Quoted from Spg101:

I do love a good IPA

Yes!

#1199 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

You know the more I think about it I don't want to be the creep either wanting to watch other players ... do we have some good players on here now? That I am not,,, not that i'm lacking ambition just don't want to be the dork or creeper..

I plan on going to the tournament at the end of the month in beaumont. It will be my first one to attend. I'm in no way, a good player. I watch YouTube videos for some tips but I love watching other people play and I'm not a creeper, and I doubt anyone will think you are either... so far everyone that I've met in this group is really nice and hospitable. I will be at the tourney to learn and get to know everyone better, not for stats.

1 week later
    #1222 7 years ago

Hope everyone had a great Easter! We are now up at the hospital expecting baby 4 in a couple of hours!

20170416_121352 (resized).jpg20170416_121352 (resized).jpg

#1225 7 years ago

20170417_104606 (resized).jpg20170417_104606 (resized).jpg
    Meet Eisley Caspian, aspiring pinball dude. He's already pretty cool in my book!

#1241 7 years ago

Arcade KingNine Spg101 yall have fun! Hopefully see you all soon!

#1259 7 years ago

Look what I just did!!!!!!!
    143mil

20170421_140932 (resized).jpg20170421_140932 (resized).jpg

#1260 7 years ago

20170421_141409 (resized).jpg20170421_141409 (resized).jpg

#1262 7 years ago

I would think $5-10 would be fair. Mc Donald's charges almost 10 for a meal now..... and it's nasty.

#1265 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Guys, I have a brisket I bought on sale in the freezer. Still trying to obtain some wood. I may have found a place to get some for $.50 a stick and will try and check out next week. I will let you know as it get's closer. If I can't buy it there it's going to cost me $18 or more just in wood. This is not a little smoker, I could easily put 6 to 10 briskets on it. I have been told I have a problem with always wanting the biggest and best ... Keep an eye out for boneless pork butt at about $1 per pound or less. Making sausage I can grind 24Lbs of meat a minute, have a 50lb meat mixer and a 7L capacity sausage stuffer. Takes longer to clean the equipment than make it. I do however need time to make it and a helper. I usually use my kids...

What kind of wood do you need. I have someone who owes me. They have oak and pecan for sure. Let me know, I can get some for free.

#1267 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Leakyfaucet
    I need pecan and oak would work as a filler! I however do not have a chain saw and would prefer split too. I have a maul but that's a lot of work. Let me know where and how much if you can find some! Pecan is my favorite wood to smoke with and also works well with oak.

It would be split. That's what he does for a living. How much do you need?

#1271 7 years ago

The guy is really old school, he doesn't have a phone, I'll run by and ask him in the next few days.

Quoted from Spg101:

I would buy a 1/4 cord. I think that would fill the bed of my truck and set me up for a few seasions. If he's near you it would be about 4 hours round trip from Tomball.

You want to buy some too?

I was offering to bring what you need for the brisket. But... I could probably bring that too.

#1276 7 years ago

Wood you want to drive 4 hours for would?

#1288 7 years ago

What time will it run to? Trying to give my wife the time window. 10-?

#1289 7 years ago

What games are in the tourney? Not that I'll be any good.

#1305 6 years ago

Can't wait until tomorrow!

#1306 6 years ago

Do yall drink anything at these tournaments? Should I bring something to drink?

1 month later
    #1470 6 years ago

I've been super busy with work lately but picked this up off CL yesterday.

20170602_194622 (resized).jpg20170602_194622 (resized).jpg

#1476 6 years ago

Nice Leaky.
    I haven't seen one of those in years. I now recall playing one as a teenager back in the 70's up in Indiana.
    Would be great if you could bring it to the Hou Expo, Oct 20-21, or to a more local pinball party/tournament this year.
    I checked through the games list for past 5 years of TPF, and this pin was not listed, nor was one brought to last years Hou Arcade and Pinball Expo.
    Not a rare pin, as over 3200 were produced back in 1968. Unknown how many of those 3200 are still around??

Haven't seen too many posts on here about them either. Other than a few mechanical issues that I have figured out... the only bad thing is some idiot repainted the cab gray.... and not just any gray, a textured like rhino gaurd gray. I might swap it with another 68 williams cab and repaint it to match Lady Luck.

#1477 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Leaky, how is the cabinet? Looked like it had been repainted. I was watching this one for a while now. Still showing on CL if it's the same one. They mentioned weak flippers. Keep us updated.

See above post and the week flippers were broken end of stroke switches. Easy fix on those wasn't too worried about the cab, as I have an alternative one.

#1479 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

That's what I thought I saw in the pictures, there were no good side shots in the ad. I don't have an extra cab and my wife would have gone spider-monkey on me if I bought another one right now.

I got it as a "father's day present" hahahahahahahahahahahaah

#1484 6 years ago

So last night I went through my lady luck, it had a pop bumper that wasn't working and was stuck on 2 player always. With a little pinside help I figured out that the 2nd coin relay (has a latch coil and release coil) had a bracket installed incorrectly. Adjusted that and now when I push start button once I can play a 1 player game and twice a two player game. Imagine that?!? The pop bumper was easy enough for me to figure out with a quick spoon adjustment and contact cleaning. 100% working. Now to tackle the cab replacement/repaint.

1 week later
    #1503 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Parking for Sunday:
    We are trying to pack as many cars in my drive way as possible. We think we may be able to fit 7 in my driveway if they are in two rows. Also, if you pass my house there is a lot that hasn't been built on yet that is large and about six cars can park on the street in front of the empty lot and it shouldn't be problem.
    Everyone should park on the same side of the street so as not to block the residents of the neighborhood.
    Finally, if you come early enough there is an albertson's right down the road and people can park there and text me and I'll pick them up.

Wish I could come, was looking forward to meeting you but father's day will be spent with the family. Hopefully next tourney we will meet face to face! Yall have fun.

2 weeks later
    #1631 6 years ago

Off topic....
    Have any of you LA folks tried this?
    Pretty tasty.

20170703_213959 (resized).jpg20170703_213959 (resized).jpg

5 months later
    #2235 6 years ago

Hey guys! Been too busy to check in here. Hopefully this year will be less hectic, with more time for pinball. Working in the service industry made for some crazy busy times after the flooding. I've kept in loose contact with Sean (spg) and James (jah). This year I hope to make a few tourneys and buy a newer machine. Hope everyone's 2017 was as good as mine and 2018 is even better!

FB_IMG_1513531899949 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1513531899949 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Leakyfaucet.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana?tu=Leakyfaucet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.