(Topic ID: 161458)

Gulf Coast Pinball Club : SE Texas / SW Louisiana

By TigerLaw

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8864 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8863 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240407_155527588 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155535348 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155543392 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 120.
    #4801 3 years ago

Hey guys I’m selling my Walking Dead I bought NIB about 4 years ago. Still looks mint and plays perfectly, it has art blades, shaker, and a few tasteful mods done to it. Looking for $5,000. Not sure how many plays it has

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #4802 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rougarou:

It's exciting to have my first non-EM machine.

Uh oh!!
    There is no going back now.

#4803 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Hey guys I’m selling my Walking Dead I bought NIB about 4 years ago. Still looks mint and plays perfectly, it has art blades, shaker, and a few tasteful mods done to it. Looking for $5,000. Not sure how many plays it has
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn, if they’d give us another one of those juicy covid cooties stimulus checks I might have to take a look at this.

#4804 3 years ago

Central City Steak and Seafood in Baton Rouge...

IMG_20200620_141321 (resized).jpgIMG_20200620_141321 (resized).jpg
    #4805 3 years ago

I like Gilligan's Island. It’s a fun game with a unique toy/ feature. I would definitely enjoy having on in the lineup at some point.

Good grab!

#4806 3 years ago

Zukboy2002 Good luck with the sale, my friend!

#4807 3 years ago
    Quoted from WavingWilly:

zukboy2002 Good luck with the sale, my friend!

I think number 8 needs to buy that game...

#4808 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I think number 8 needs to buy that game...

Ha! Old Number Eight needs to save some money to buy a different house, first.

#4809 3 years ago
    Quoted from WavingWilly:

Ha! Old Number Eight needs to save some money to buy a different house, first.

I’m hoping by now you’re work has finally given you a new used phone that works. If not start with that and work your way up, phone, pinball, house.

#4810 3 years ago

After many hours of troubleshooting and replacing components, Gilligan's Island lives again. I had to refresh all my PCB soldering and electronics knowledge. I had family over yesterday to play and the game was a huge hit. I have learned so much more about solid state pins and the fun of mods and upgrades.

On that note, looking to put some LEDs under the playfield and behind the translite. Do others prefer using white LEDs or color LEDs? And who are your favorite LED vendors for price and quality?

7BB6020E-2B5A-4C1D-8730-1CC276D7CDF4 (resized).jpeg7BB6020E-2B5A-4C1D-8730-1CC276D7CDF4 (resized).jpeg
    #4811 3 years ago

I go with color matching for inserts except for orange and yellow I use white. As far as GI is concerned I usually go with frosted lens white. For backbox I usually go with mostly natural white and use some color where it matches the graphics. You really just have to experiment with the backbox and see what looks good. I have been buying strictly Comet Pinball bulbs as of the past few of years. They have good quality and prices they also have great black Friday sales and I usually stock up then. I have also purchased Cointaker bulbs in the past and they seem to be fine also I just like Comet better.

#4812 3 years ago

So one of our members is having a birthday today? We won’t mention any names you will have to guess who

A0846746-8628-4465-A2FE-AFD9847B20B8 (resized).pngA0846746-8628-4465-A2FE-AFD9847B20B8 (resized).png
    #4813 3 years ago

For some reason I’m thinking PavBall and Jodester share a birthday or they are close together? If so happy birthday to both. If not that’s what I get for thinking.

#4814 3 years ago

I use comet

I prefer the 2SMD frosted bulbs in 44 and 555

Usually, I color match inserts Just like Action76. I prefer frosted warm white in my GI.
    Pink is good for Red (just try it)
    Purple passion is a comet specialty.

#4816 3 years ago

Happy birthday PavBall.
    Happy birthday Jodester.

#4817 3 years ago

Thanks for the birthday wishes guys. Pav and I do share a birthday. Never guess which one of us is older...

#4818 3 years ago

Happy, happy birthday from NYC PavBall and Jodester! Hope to see you both soon!

1 week later
    #4819 3 years ago

Any pinball this weekend?

#4820 3 years ago

Too much Covid in area. In my case,my son is getting over it and I don't want contact with anyone in case I am asymptomatic.

#4821 3 years ago

If Covid has made me realize one thing it is this... It is time for another trip to the Pinball Hall of Fame once we can travel again!

1 week later
    #4822 3 years ago

Soooooo... is the Houston show still happening? The website www.arcadecenter.com has only info about the 2019 show on it. I thought I remember someone talking about it before and even booking the hotel. If so, what are the dates and is the hotel taking reservations for it and is there show discount code? Do they have a different website now?

#4823 3 years ago
    Quoted from action76:

Soooooo... is the Houston show still happening? The website www.arcadecenter.com has only info about the 2019 show on it. I thought I remember someone talking about it before and even booking the hotel. If so, what are the dates and is the hotel taking reservations for it and is there show discount code? Do they have a different website now?

As of this moment the Houston show is going to move forward. November 13-15th are the dates and they do have discounted rooms available. We’ve already booked our rooms and are super enthusiastic about the event moving forward. Obviously, there is a risk the event gets canceled this year, which would be so unfortunate.

#4824 3 years ago

By the way, last week Jodester , Wendell, Megatron and I unboxed the R&M at the new home. A very cool game, with Zukboy2002 coming to LC this weekend I am hopeful we are able to really get into it and learn the game a bit.

20BCD3D2-81A5-4879-A338-D8F7A616BB17 (resized).jpeg20BCD3D2-81A5-4879-A338-D8F7A616BB17 (resized).jpeg3474A8E7-5F85-4942-B81B-C3D91E4FE486 (resized).jpeg3474A8E7-5F85-4942-B81B-C3D91E4FE486 (resized).jpeg4CA58702-3C89-433A-A386-14A3169870CE (resized).jpeg4CA58702-3C89-433A-A386-14A3169870CE (resized).jpeg
    #4825 3 years ago

A real live Rick and Morty!
    I'm super jealous!

#4826 3 years ago

Looks like a shiny new escalera too! Good to see these Rick and Morty’s shipping.

No mask for Megatron? Saw this in the Bywater recently:

156B1B29-7181-428C-A347-F2791D86F6CD (resized).jpeg156B1B29-7181-428C-A347-F2791D86F6CD (resized).jpeg
    #4827 3 years ago

TigerLaw what number is your game? I've got 693 so I'm in for a long wait. Just wondering how they are progressing.

#4828 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

As of this moment the Houston show is going to move forward. November 13-15th are the dates and they do have discounted rooms available. We’ve already booked our rooms and are super enthusiastic about the event moving forward. Obviously, there is a risk the event gets canceled this year, which would be so unfortunate.

I have serious doubts about the show happening. The hospitals in Lake Charles and Houston area are near full hospital capacity currently. We are seeing another spike that may last for weeks(months) unless people get serious about following the rules.

#4829 3 years ago
    Quoted from angus:

tigerlaw what number is your game? I've got 693 so I'm in for a long wait

Howdy! I was 115. I’ve had the game a few weeks but got tied up with work and couldn’t unbox it. I have seen games in the 170’s ship. They are not strictly following the number order in the build, they are doing containers to specific countries all at once and lumping in butter cabs to do a bunch at once and what not...so while the build number is a good general guide there are some other factors.

Regardless, Spooky seems to be pumping out a dozen a week or so right now. This is the fastest pace I can remember them manufacturing games. The new facility must be working out well for them.

Quoted from Jodester:

I have serious doubts about the show happening. The hospitals in Lake Charles and Houston area are near full hospital capacity currently.

Yea, I’m worried it’ll be canceled. In fact, I’ve not reached out to my friends at the show in fear of them giving me bad news. I’m choosing to be optimistic about HAAG happening till reality slaps me in the face. At this moment in time, it’s not been canceled.

#4830 3 years ago

Thanks TigerLaw. That still puts me next May/June which is about where I figured.

#4831 3 years ago
    Quoted from angus:

Thanks TigerLaw. That still puts me next May/June which is about where I figured.

#4833 3 years ago

I'm jealous of all these new machines. I'm really looking forward to meeting more in the group and playing some pinball sometime in the future.

As a quick side note, I listed these two cocktail arcades projects for sale tonight, would love to sell to anyone on this thread if someone is interested in building a multicade for their gamerooms. I'm running out of space.

I also have a Bally Captain Fantastic project (basically just all the parts) if anyone is interested. DM me for details.

IMG_8614 (resized).JPGIMG_8614 (resized).JPG
    #4834 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rougarou:

I'm really looking forward to meeting more in the group and playing some pinball sometime in the future.

I really can’t wait till we can play tourneys again and have pin parties. I’m beginning to wonder if the IFPA plans to have tourneys again in 2020 at all though.

#4835 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I really can’t wait till we can play tourneys again and have pin parties. I’m beginning to wonder if the IFPA plans to have tourneys again in 2020 at all though.

I agree... I really don't see why we can't have tournaments now. As long as safe practices are observed, there should not be a problem.

#4836 3 years ago

I have a fully working rare original Atari Tetris cocktail arcade for sale (700).
    PM me if interested.

20190407_151148 (resized).jpg20190407_151148 (resized).jpg20190902_113311 (resized).jpg20190902_113311 (resized).jpg20200210_203954 (resized).jpg20200210_203954 (resized).jpgMessage_1581388840387 (resized).jpgMessage_1581388840387 (resized).jpg
    #4837 3 years ago

I haven't played pinball since March 1st when everything shut down in Ohio. I'm going nuts here. XD

#4838 3 years ago

I’m willing to host a party or non-IFPA event.
    Since there are no IFPA points available, no harm in just having fun together.

If we wait for cooler weather, we can spread out a little more when not playing.

#4839 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I’m willing to host a party or non-IFPA event.
    Since there are no IFPA points available, no harm in just having fun together.
    If we wait for cooler weather, we can spread out a little more when not playing.

PavBall and I are in for a trip to Shreveport. Perhaps September?

Also, it could be a simple trophy tournament, no IFPA points but still the match play system.

#4840 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

pavball and I are in for a trip to Shreveport. Perhaps September?
    Also, it could be a simple trophy tournament, no IFPA points but still the match play system.

Lets just make it a visit where we play pinball. Much better to visit with friends we haven't seen in a while due to Covid.

#4841 3 years ago

So we have another member with a birthday today. No names from me...PoBoyPinball

#4842 3 years ago

To Mudflaps, and other interested Pinsiders:
    Starting Aug 1st, all Stine stores are giving out free commemorative WW2 B-26 Bomber pilot posters. Could hang one in a gameroom.

#4843 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Lets just make it a visit where we play pinball. Much better to visit with friends we haven't seen in a while due to Covid.

Sure, but I do think we could plan on some fun pinball competitive things to. Perhaps a doubles tourney where we all pair up For split flipper action as the main event. Something small.

#4844 3 years ago
    Quoted from EasternBloc:

Looks like a shiny new escalera too! Good to see these Rick and Morty’s shipping.

Yea, I have to say that escalara is kind of amazing. It should save us during that soon to be upon us machine migration. We have thirteen or fourteen machines to move across town and then to the second floor...that will be a lot of stairs. Could be interesting.

#4845 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I see you...

My thoughts are something like this. I'll open up the game room and serve something delicious. If someone wants to throw in optional competition and they are willing to be the organizer / TD, fine by me.

I'll pick a date when it's cool enough to go outside and spread out a little when not playing.

#4846 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

To Mudflaps, and other interested Pinsiders:
    Starting Aug 1st, all Stine stores are giving out free commemorative WW2 B-26 Bomber pilot posters. Could hang one in a gameroom.

Awesome!

#4847 3 years ago

Question for those with detached buildings that house their machines:

I’m taking an outdoor shed down to the studs and reinsulating/sealing. I want to use this space as a workshop for pinball machines projects.

What are recommendations and advice for temperature/humidity control, temperature settings during summer or winter, or other tips to prevent damage to the machines?

Thanks in advance. The joys of pinball down on near the Gulf.

#4848 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rougarou:

Question for those with detached buildings that house their machines:
    I’m taking an outdoor shed down to the studs and reinsulating/sealing. I want to use this space as a workshop for pinball machines projects.
    What are recommendations and advice for temperature/humidity control, temperature settings during summer or winter, or other tips to prevent damage to the machines?
    Thanks in advance. The joys of pinball down on near the Gulf.

I did this. Regular home insulation, sheet rocked, then I put in a mini split AC. Works extremely well, been running three years, keeps the air nice and dry. The AC cost me $1200 and I installed myself. All the AC guys wanted around $6k.

#4849 3 years ago
    Quoted from radium:

I did this. Regular home insulation, sheet rocked, then I put in a mini split AC. Works extremely well, been running three years, keeps the air nice and dry. The AC cost me $1200 and I installed myself. All the AC guys wanted around $6k.

I unfortunately put a larger mini split than I needed.(3 ton for 729 square feet game room) Agree with all Radium's suggestions.

#4850 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I unfortunately put a larger mini split than I needed.(3 ton for 729 square feet game room)

But it sure was nice and cool in there!

There are 5,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana/page/97?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.