Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,980 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8864 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8863 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240407_155527588 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155535348 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155543392 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 120.
    #4751 3 years ago

Yeah I'm going to miss the pins at Tilt, it was fun while it lasted! I wonder if they bothered fixing the Star Wars before they hauled it off to Illinois? Surge said they were open to the idea of having pins, especially since they're going to have an adult only side serving alcohol. But since it looks like their other locations don't have them, I'm not holding my breath.

#4752 3 years ago

Arcade
    Yeah, the writing was on the wall. Hard to support that many pins in a non-metropolitan, non-progressive area enamored with redemption games.

I was hoping we'd at least get a chance to purchase before they jerked em out.

BDClark
    Sean (Manager) said it was Stern who came and did the actual physical moving and hauling. And that Stern planned to do updates and "even fix that thing with Star Wars."

EasternBloc wondered if Tilt was going to change their name. LOL

#4753 3 years ago

Picked this up on a looooong road trip this weekend.

BlackRose (resized).jpgBlackRose (resized).jpg
    #4754 3 years ago
    Quoted from action76:

[quoted image]

Nice.
    Only played that one a few times.

#4755 3 years ago
    Quoted from action76:

I didn’t realize you had an Indy! Your collection has grown since 2018.

#4756 3 years ago
    Quoted from action76:

[quoted image]

Cool...

#4757 3 years ago

Heck yeah, @action76! How are you liking it so far?

Edit: It's also time to update your collection to reflect Black Rose!

#4758 3 years ago

Owned a Black Rose for about 3 months. It was the fastest game to leave my collection. I don't think Tiger ever got to come by and play it...

#4759 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Owned a Black Rose for about 3 months. It was the fastest game to leave my collection. I don't think Tiger ever got to come by and play it...

I never even saw it! But it wasn't the quickest game to leave your collection; two words: Party Zone.

#4760 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

It was the fastest game to leave my collection

What is the reason it left so fast?

#4761 3 years ago
    Quoted from action76:

What is the reason it left so fast?

I didn't play it enough before I bought it. Much harder to judge a game and its call outs when playing at an arcade.

I really hated the call outs.

#4762 3 years ago

An early Sunday afternoon in Lake Charles. Always enjoy visits from our Houma friends.

D91B52B9-23FF-4C0A-8138-3137D62AB14F (resized).jpegD91B52B9-23FF-4C0A-8138-3137D62AB14F (resized).jpeg
    #4763 3 years ago

Hey everyone!

Joining the group after meeting TigerLaw during a purchase this past week. I’m over in Baton Rouge and got my first project pin a couple of years ago. I’ve never owned or really played pinball but was instantly hooked.

Now I have a couple of EM games in my own collection and enjoy restoration (mostly the electrical part). Looking forward to learning from those more seasoned in the hobby and others local to the Gulf Coast.

Carter

#4764 3 years ago

Welcome, Carter!

#4765 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rougarou:

Hey everyone!
    Joining the group after meeting TigerLaw during a purchase this past week. I’m over in Baton Rouge and got my first project pin a couple of years ago. I’ve never owned or really played pinball but was instantly hooked.
    Now I have a couple of EM games in my own collection and enjoy restoration (mostly the electrical part). Looking forward to learning from those more seasoned in the hobby and others local to the Gulf Coast.
    Carter

Good meeting you and your family yesterday. Welcome to Pinside generally and the gulf coast club specifically. There are a lot good people here to hang out with, learn from, trade games with, and just have a good time with.

We normally have a tourney (which is more of a social gathering than anything else) every month (or so) but things have been on a bit of a hold. We hope to get into the swing of holding events later in the summer but who knows if we will be allowed to do so, the IFPA has put all the tourney director on hold for scheduling events. Try to make it out to these when you can, you’ll see a lot of really cool collections around the state and in SE Texas.

List games on your pinside wishlist that you have an interest in. We do not have a lot of people with em machines in our group, but PoBoyPinball always seems to come across them. He has a great collection of early solid state machines you’d have an interest in as well.

#4766 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

We normally have a tourney (which is more of a social gathering than anything else) every month (or so) but things have been on a bit of a hold.

The tournaments are the most fun part of the gulf coast club! I am not particularly good at pinball, but really enjoy getting to hang with everyone at the get togethers.

Edit: I also live to tease XQ11 when I beat him.

#4767 3 years ago

@pinballrouge Welcome :]

#4768 3 years ago

@pinballrouge Welcome to the GCPC

TigerLaw Yes I tend to find a EM every now and again and I do have a passion for the solid state games

kvolak Welcome to the GCPC and Leesville

#4769 3 years ago

Thanks all for the welcome. I am hoping to trade for some early SS games once I finish my EM projects in the next several months. What is everyone's recommendations for early SS games to own in a smaller collection?

#4770 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rougarou:

Thanks all for the welcome. I am hoping to trade for some early SS games once I finish my EM projects in the next several months. What is everyone's recommendations for early SS games to own in a smaller collection?

With a few notable exceptions, pretty much any classic Stern or classic Bally SS machine is desirable these days. WMS and Gottlieb both have some awesome early SS games as well (firepower, sorcerer, tomcat, etc) but have a few more duds mixed in.

PoBoyPinball has the best early SS collection in our group: https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/poboypinball/collection Next time he hosts an event make sure to attend so you can play and get an idea of what you like In the early SS era. I have dibs on his Black Pyramid if he ever wants to sell it.

There are a lot of flaws with the Pinside machine ranking system, but all of the early solid states that are in the top 200 range are pretty solid games last time I went through it: https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

#4771 3 years ago

@pinballrouge Sorcerer is one of my favorite pins, by far. Don't listen to what anyone else says - Sorcerer > Quicksilver! If you see one for sale or trade snatch it up.

Edit: The Pinball Mafia streamed Grand Prix this past Sunday. They stream every Sunday evening beginning around 8:00P.M. It looked really, really fun but has a seriously punishing right outlane. Check that pin out, too. I don't see the VOD on YouTube yet, but the Pinball Mafia typically uploads the stream videos a few days after recording them. I do not know the rules on linking third party websites, but you can easily google "Pinball Mafia YouTube" and you'll find everything you need.

#4772 3 years ago
    Quoted from WavingWilly:

pinballrouge Sorcerer is one of my favorite pins, by far. Don't listen to what anyone else says - Sorcerer > Quicksilver! If you see one for sale or trade snatch it up.
    Edit: The Pinball Mafia streamed Grand Prix this past Sunday. They stream every Sunday evening beginning around 8:00P.M. It looked really, really fun but has a seriously punishing right outlane. Check that pin out, too. I don't see the VOD on YouTube yet, but the Pinball Mafia typically uploads the stream videos a few days after recording them. I do not know the rules on linking third party websites, but you can easily google "Pinball Mafia YouTube" and you'll find everything you need.

We actually just uploaded it.
    Awesome stream this week with Trivia.
    Final game with "powerball payoff" on Grand Prix is great.

#4773 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rougarou:

Bally and classic Sterns are the best. Most prefer Ballys. The standouts are Paragon, centaur, medusa, 8 ball deluxe, and flash Gordon.

Classic stern gems include seawitch, quicksilver, nine ball, and meteor.

#4774 3 years ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

The standouts are Paragon, centaur, medusa, 8 ball deluxe, and flash Gordon.

Gosh all of those are incredible games. I’d really enjoy any of those games in the collection. Centaur’s have just blasted off in price the last year or so. That $8,500 one for sale in Utah is incredible...but it’s $8,500.

PavBall and I have always wanted a Flash Gordon as well, but we want a fully restored one for a good price and that just doesn’t exist right now either.

Quoted from Daditude:

Classic stern gems include seawitch, quicksilver, nine ball, and meteor

I would add Catacomb to that list. Out of our small classic stern collection of Quicksilver, Catacomb, and Seawitch, we like Catacomb the most. Galaxy, Dragon Fist, and Stars are also awesome.

#4775 3 years ago

Medusa > Flash Gordon
    Eight Ball Deluxe is a true classic ss pin.
    Fathom, Black Hole, Joker Poker, yes, please.

#4776 3 years ago

I am about to list some games for sale/trade.

Gottlieb Stargate
    Rare original Tetris cocktail arcade

If you are interested, please PM me for more info.

#4777 3 years ago

It’s gotten quiet in here. Any pinball stuff this weekend?

Daditude may have a meteor coming to the market soon. Would be awesome to get one in our club.

#4778 3 years ago

I still need to head to James place. Maybe we can play a little pinball when we get there...

#4780 3 years ago

I’ve got some news. I have an open spot I’m going to fill this weekend. Here is the before pic. I will post this weekend with the after pic.

59B218BF-79CC-475E-8F33-626603BF4C0A (resized).jpeg59B218BF-79CC-475E-8F33-626603BF4C0A (resized).jpeg
    #4781 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I still need to head to James place. Maybe we can play a little pinball when we get there...

Come up this way today/tonight you are more then welcome to play as with anyone that wants to come with you. If you cant make it today, I have a birthday party / Easter egg hunt tomorrow to go to but will be home Saturday evening.

#4782 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bfults:

I’ve got some news. I have an open spot I’m going to fill this weekend. Here is the before pic. I will post this weekend with the after pic.
    [quoted image]

Looks like Galaxy is missing????

#4783 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

If the new game is going in that center spot it must be a Stern with the modern display...but what new Stern could he be adding? Star Wars would be my guess if my feet were put to the fire.

#4784 3 years ago

It has been moved to allow for construction to expand the Pinball Room.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

If the new game is going in that center spot it must be a Stern with the modern display...but what new Stern could he be adding? Star Wars would be my guess if my feet were put to the fire.

Nope, Good Logic, Keep Guessing!

#4785 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bfults:

It has been moved to allow for construction to expand the Pinball Room.

Nope, Good Logic, Keep Guessing!

A Jersey Jack game?

#4786 3 years ago

A Jersey Jack game?

Can’t be, he wouldn’t put it between the Stern games to break the appearance plane. It has to be a modern Stern.

If not Star Wars, my next guess would be a Jurassic Park pro.

#4787 3 years ago

HUO stargate - Comet LEDs, titan rubber rings, keys, manual, Led backglass mod, tantrum gate mods. It's stunning. 3k

#4788 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Jodester Bfults and Pinball Paul came to da shed to play some pinball and shoot the shit. We had a good time doing both.

F63F7E26-82FF-4057-9C11-7E4579659D8E (resized).jpegF63F7E26-82FF-4057-9C11-7E4579659D8E (resized).jpeg

#4789 3 years ago

@PoBoyPinball, I picked up a Pinbot this week and wondering if you have any advise what to check to make the GI lights in the backbox work. The flashers and the CPU-controlled lights work fine. I wonder if the relay on the snubber board is the cause of it...

#4790 3 years ago

Here is the after! TigerLaw got in my head and I shifted the line up a bit! Can’t wait to figure this thing out!

19F4469B-472B-47AC-A8E1-43864A5FD511 (resized).jpeg19F4469B-472B-47AC-A8E1-43864A5FD511 (resized).jpeg
    #4791 3 years ago

I think I've traced my pinbot problem to the harness that plugs into the power board. The molex connector showed signs of a burnt pin. I reseated the again and got my backbox lit up. Now I'll order a new connector housing repin all the connectors and hopefully that will fix it permanently. Oh, as a side note, LED's really make a difference.

#4792 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bfults:

Here is the after! tigerlaw got in my head and I shifted the line up a bit! Can’t wait to figure this thing out!
    [quoted image]

Congrats Bro...looks great in the lineup!

#4793 3 years ago

Congrats to all

Works looks really fun.

Pinot is a classic!
    Great choice.

#4794 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

daditude may have a meteor coming to the market soon. Would be awesome to get one in our club.

Meteor is a title we are always keeping an eye out for. Let us know if a good one pops up.
    Also Allen is considering, and I repeat "considering" selling/trading his Maiden pro for a Deadpool pro.
    He can't really make up his mind. lol.

#4795 3 years ago

WavingWilly stopped by this afternoon to grab his club shirt. I really miss our league:

8E83A36B-1D02-4748-88A4-74DDE5E7F3A5 (resized).jpeg8E83A36B-1D02-4748-88A4-74DDE5E7F3A5 (resized).jpegBE3D2423-702C-4B59-BB5D-DF6A76461D31 (resized).jpegBE3D2423-702C-4B59-BB5D-DF6A76461D31 (resized).jpeg
    #4796 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Meteor is a title we are always keeping an eye out for. Let us know if a good one pops up.

Daditude has one. I’m interested in that title as well, but the timing just isn’t there for me right now to bring in a new game with R&M about to go on the line. Should have the R&M in less than a month is my guess.

#4797 3 years ago

Hello, people are invited to play with us on Saturdays near Baton Rouge: https://pinside.com/pinball/events/summer-fun-league-2020 This is our first try at getting a group together and we look forward to meeting people and playing lots of pinball. ~Wendy and BlueCharlieDave

#4798 3 years ago
    Quoted from vendalah:

Hello, people are invited to play with us on Saturdays near Baton Rouge: https://pinside.com/pinball/events/summer-fun-league-2020 This is our first try at getting a group together and we look forward to meeting people and playing lots of pinball. ~Wendy and BlueCharlieDave

I hope you guys have a wonderful league season!

1 week later
    #4799 3 years ago

I picked up a new addition to my collection this week! It's exciting to have my first non-EM machine. I've already found a few electrical components that need to be replaced and I'm hoping to have it working soon. Thanks TigerLaw for the buying tips.

I've read some players who hate the simplicity of Gilligan's Island while others love the theme and rotating island toy. I think this will be a great introduction for me in moving from mid 70's games to newer solid state machines.

IMG_6460 (resized).jpgIMG_6460 (resized).jpg
    #4800 3 years ago

A great number of Pinsiders dislike Gilligan's Island. I got to play one a couple years back in a tournament. I was pleasantly surprised by the game.

Enjoy it and let us know if you need and help repairing it...

There are 5,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana/page/96?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.