3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,776 posts
  • 83 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,061 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D91B52B9-23FF-4C0A-8138-3137D62AB14F (resized).jpeg
    BlackRose (resized).jpg
    490743AB-3870-41D5-800C-19F49E71A17D (resized).jpeg
    E7973FE7-0A20-48CA-B873-A41C8C3EE771 (resized).jpeg
    DB0D23A2-EF97-4EDB-9575-B1859EF0D6B4 (resized).jpeg
    03074781-96C5-4D62-8A98-496BD6A3BCFB (resized).jpeg
    6852BE68-17CE-40F1-9499-0DC6499901E7 (resized).jpeg
    F06F0CB1-CA6D-4F93-9283-3EAFC88CAF90 (resized).jpeg
    D4745A3C-5417-411A-BD78-1F58FF39512A (resized).jpeg
    0C313CFE-39DB-46E0-970C-9E47061C5214 (resized).jpeg
    D1F6C601-7259-44AD-8771-F973AA81F0C9 (resized).jpeg
    105D4CA7-1738-4E19-9B94-460728578587 (resized).jpeg
    9D9CA5F7-E33E-48E1-8EE4-E30B1354636F (resized).jpeg
    AE97EA2F-FF0E-470F-954B-46B2F28D30D4 (resized).jpeg
    3900DAA7-70FB-4600-BC84-834F171E5F85 (resized).jpeg
    2EFC4D1B-7706-400B-B377-8E295126D261 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4776 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 96.
    #4751 14 days ago

Yeah I'm going to miss the pins at Tilt, it was fun while it lasted! I wonder if they bothered fixing the Star Wars before they hauled it off to Illinois? Surge said they were open to the idea of having pins, especially since they're going to have an adult only side serving alcohol. But since it looks like their other locations don't have them, I'm not holding my breath.

#4752 14 days ago

arcade
    Yeah, the writing was on the wall. Hard to support that many pins in a non-metropolitan, non-progressive area enamored with redemption games.

I was hoping we'd at least get a chance to purchase before they jerked em out.

bdclark
    Sean (Manager) said it was Stern who came and did the actual physical moving and hauling. And that Stern planned to do updates and "even fix that thing with Star Wars."

easternbloc wondered if Tilt was going to change their name. LOL

#4753 14 days ago

Picked this up on a looooong road trip this weekend.

BlackRose (resized).jpg
    #4754 14 days ago
    Quoted from action76:

[quoted image]

Nice.
    Only played that one a few times.

#4755 13 days ago
    Quoted from action76:

I didn’t realize you had an Indy! Your collection has grown since 2018.

#4756 13 days ago
    Quoted from action76:

[quoted image]

Cool...

#4757 13 days ago

Heck yeah, action76! How are you liking it so far?

Edit: It's also time to update your collection to reflect Black Rose!

#4758 13 days ago

Owned a Black Rose for about 3 months. It was the fastest game to leave my collection. I don't think Tiger ever got to come by and play it...

#4759 12 days ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Owned a Black Rose for about 3 months. It was the fastest game to leave my collection. I don't think Tiger ever got to come by and play it...

I never even saw it! But it wasn't the quickest game to leave your collection; two words: Party Zone.

#4760 12 days ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

It was the fastest game to leave my collection

What is the reason it left so fast?

#4761 11 days ago
    Quoted from action76:

What is the reason it left so fast?

I didn't play it enough before I bought it. Much harder to judge a game and its call outs when playing at an arcade.

I really hated the call outs.

#4762 10 days ago

An early Sunday afternoon in Lake Charles. Always enjoy visits from our Houma friends.

D91B52B9-23FF-4C0A-8138-3137D62AB14F (resized).jpeg
    #4763 10 days ago

Hey everyone!

Joining the group after meeting TigerLaw during a purchase this past week. I’m over in Baton Rouge and got my first project pin a couple of years ago. I’ve never owned or really played pinball but was instantly hooked.

Now I have a couple of EM games in my own collection and enjoy restoration (mostly the electrical part). Looking forward to learning from those more seasoned in the hobby and others local to the Gulf Coast.

Carter

#4764 10 days ago

Welcome, Carter!

#4765 9 days ago
    Quoted from PinballRouge:

Hey everyone!
    Joining the group after meeting TigerLaw during a purchase this past week. I’m over in Baton Rouge and got my first project pin a couple of years ago. I’ve never owned or really played pinball but was instantly hooked.
    Now I have a couple of EM games in my own collection and enjoy restoration (mostly the electrical part). Looking forward to learning from those more seasoned in the hobby and others local to the Gulf Coast.
    Carter

Good meeting you and your family yesterday. Welcome to Pinside generally and the gulf coast club specifically. There are a lot good people here to hang out with, learn from, trade games with, and just have a good time with.

We normally have a tourney (which is more of a social gathering than anything else) every month (or so) but things have been on a bit of a hold. We hope to get into the swing of holding events later in the summer but who knows if we will be allowed to do so, the IFPA has put all the tourney director on hold for scheduling events. Try to make it out to these when you can, you’ll see a lot of really cool collections around the state and in SE Texas.

List games on your pinside wishlist that you have an interest in. We do not have a lot of people with em machines in our group, but poboypinball always seems to come across them. He has a great collection of early solid state machines you’d have an interest in as well.

#4766 9 days ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

We normally have a tourney (which is more of a social gathering than anything else) every month (or so) but things have been on a bit of a hold.

The tournaments are the most fun part of the gulf coast club! I am not particularly good at pinball, but really enjoy getting to hang with everyone at the get togethers.

Edit: I also live to tease xq11 when I beat him.

#4768 8 days ago

pinballrouge Welcome to the GCPC

tigerlaw Yes I tend to find a EM every now and again and I do have a passion for the solid state games

kvolak Welcome to the GCPC and Leesville

#4769 7 days ago

Thanks all for the welcome. I am hoping to trade for some early SS games once I finish my EM projects in the next several months. What is everyone's recommendations for early SS games to own in a smaller collection?

#4770 7 days ago

Thanks all for the welcome. I am hoping to trade for some early SS games once I finish my EM projects in the next several months. What is everyone's recommendations for early SS games to own in a smaller collection?

With a few notable exceptions, pretty much any classic Stern or classic Bally SS machine is desirable these days. WMS and Gottlieb both have some awesome early SS games as well (firepower, sorcerer, tomcat, etc) but have a few more duds mixed in.

PoBoyPinball has the best early SS collection in our group: https://pinside.com/pinball/community/pinsiders/poboypinball/collection Next time he hosts an event make sure to attend so you can play and get an idea of what you like In the early SS era. I have dibs on his Black Pyramid if he ever wants to sell it.

There are a lot of flaws with the Pinside machine ranking system, but all of the early solid states that are in the top 200 range are pretty solid games last time I went through it: https://pinside.com/pinball/top-100

#4771 6 days ago

pinballrouge Sorcerer is one of my favorite pins, by far. Don't listen to what anyone else says - Sorcerer > Quicksilver! If you see one for sale or trade snatch it up.

Edit: The Pinball Mafia streamed Grand Prix this past Sunday. They stream every Sunday evening beginning around 8:00P.M. It looked really, really fun but has a seriously punishing right outlane. Check that pin out, too. I don't see the VOD on YouTube yet, but the Pinball Mafia typically uploads the stream videos a few days after recording them. I do not know the rules on linking third party websites, but you can easily google "Pinball Mafia YouTube" and you'll find everything you need.

#4772 5 days ago
    Quoted from WavingWilly:

pinballrouge Sorcerer is one of my favorite pins, by far. Don't listen to what anyone else says - Sorcerer > Quicksilver! If you see one for sale or trade snatch it up.
    Edit: The Pinball Mafia streamed Grand Prix this past Sunday. They stream every Sunday evening beginning around 8:00P.M. It looked really, really fun but has a seriously punishing right outlane. Check that pin out, too. I don't see the VOD on YouTube yet, but the Pinball Mafia typically uploads the stream videos a few days after recording them. I do not know the rules on linking third party websites, but you can easily google "Pinball Mafia YouTube" and you'll find everything you need.

We actually just uploaded it.
    Awesome stream this week with Trivia.
    Final game with "powerball payoff" on Grand Prix is great.

#4773 5 days ago

Bally and classic Sterns are the best. Most prefer Ballys. The standouts are Paragon, centaur, medusa, 8 ball deluxe, and flash Gordon.

Classic stern gems include seawitch, quicksilver, nine ball, and meteor.

#4774 4 days ago
    Quoted from Daditude:

The standouts are Paragon, centaur, medusa, 8 ball deluxe, and flash Gordon.

Gosh all of those are incredible games. I’d really enjoy any of those games in the collection. Centaur’s have just blasted off in price the last year or so. That $8,500 one for sale in Utah is incredible...but it’s $8,500.

pavball and I have always wanted a Flash Gordon as well, but we want a fully restored one for a good price and that just doesn’t exist right now either.

Quoted from Daditude:

Classic stern gems include seawitch, quicksilver, nine ball, and meteor

I would add Catacomb to that list. Out of our small classic stern collection of Quicksilver, Catacomb, and Seawitch, we like Catacomb the most. Galaxy, Dragon Fist, and Stars are also awesome.

#4775 4 days ago

Medusa > Flash Gordon
    Eight Ball Deluxe is a true classic ss pin.
    Fathom, Black Hole, Joker Poker, yes, please.

#4776 3 days ago

I am about to list some games for sale/trade (I am looking to fill items on my wish list, so I can trade 2 for 1, 3 for 1, etc):

Bally Paragon
    Williams Pinbot
    Gottlieb Stargate
    Bally Bobby Orr
    Williams Palooka
    Rare original Tetris cocktail arcade

If you are interested, please PM me for more info.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
    Judge Dredd Translite Out of stock
    Pinball Haus
    $ 24.50
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 219.99
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 68.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 45.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lee's Parts
    $ 9,500.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 17.50
    Cabinet - Other
    Pin Monk
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    There are 4776 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 96.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside