3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,222 posts
  • 75 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Mudflaps
  • Topic is favorited by 46 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,776 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A44C6112-3DEE-48D8-99EB-48E88EFF00B6 (resized).jpeg
    804BD6A2-DD95-442C-A7AA-B72F86F79DE9 (resized).jpeg
    sp_blaz (resized).jpg
    back (resized).jpg
    front (resized).jpg
    Camp Skirt (resized).jpg
    4205D8F0-D605-41C7-87DE-A7FDABD1E985 (resized).jpeg
    032291F1-F087-405A-A9D9-E348A05E1F8D (resized).jpeg
    ED74A911-7AEE-47E2-BE5B-2C754CC13B93 (resized).jpeg
    A1ACE821-F70A-4964-BE3E-BFADF78B830E (resized).jpeg
    7C85867B-D0CF-4F13-A537-E600027438C7 (resized).jpeg
    E6A6A792-898A-4F6C-8460-C97F76B2A03C (resized).jpeg
    9E109BEF-4B5D-458A-A87E-4C52E64C050F (resized).jpeg
    B8819AD5-529E-413F-93AB-66C7BE2375D7 (resized).jpeg
    7D4A0CA1-A727-40B4-92C5-58D53F91E463 (resized).jpeg
    48E6AEED-F820-425B-B61B-64310237B35E (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4222 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 85.
    #401 3 years ago

A nice addition to the tourney!

I'm trying to come up with a few surprises for the Red River Replay. No spoilers will be provided!

#402 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Jodester has talked PavBall and I into dragging our HUO clear coated Doctor Who from the office and having it in the Romp in the Swamp.
    The settings will be brutal on Doctor Who. A two second ball save only.

Awe shit I don't know that game

#403 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Awe shit I don't know that game

That's great news. You and I will be playing DW in the tournament against each other then.

#404 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Jodester has talked PavBall and I into dragging our HUO clear coated Doctor Who from the office and having it in the Romp in the Swamp.
    The settings will be brutal on Doctor Who. A two second ball save only.

I tend to find myself stepping back from a game and someone telling me you got a ball save when playing in the tourney's. My games are (old) old school so ball save is when you launch the ball and literally score nothing. Since I'm new to the tourney's is ball save ever disabled?

#405 3 years ago

I feel so lost when y'all talk about the tournaments. I don't understand the lingo. Is there a pinball tournaments for dummies?

#406 3 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

I feel so lost when y'all talk about the tournaments. I don't understand the lingo. Is there a pinball tournaments for dummies?

Yes just come to one, I have been playing pinball for a long time, I have went to EXPO's and all kinds of pinball places. I just recently started playing in the tournaments, if you can make it to TigerLaws I would recommend you come. Its just playing pinball and socializing with a great group of people.

#407 3 years ago

I

Quoted from PoBoyPinball:if you can make it to TigerLaws I would recommend you come.

I feel like I would suck so bad. Also where is it?

#408 3 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

I

There is always a warm up so you can get games in before it gets started and get familiar with the games. Its in Lake Charles looks like about 1 hr from you maybe less (TX speed limits)... Just go to one of his post click on his icon and send him a PM. You can also go to the events page on here (pinside) its Romp in The Swamp. You never know how you will do just hope you don't draw Preston for your first game. (Inside Joke)...

#409 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

You never know how you will do just hope you don't draw Preston for your first game. (Inside Joke)...

Preston will be out of town during the Romp in the Swamp. This is the first tournament we had where a mere mortal can win it all.

#410 3 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

If you think you can be there on August 13th shoot me or PavBall a pm and we will send you the address. Also available on the IFPA page.

#411 3 years ago

Doctor Who is leaving the office to be set up and play tested for the tourney.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#412 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Preston will be out of town during the Romp in the Swamp. This is the first tournament we had where a mere mortal can win it all.

Ya Hooooo someone finally picked a day Preston has to work or something... besides kill it at pinball

#413 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Since I'm new to the tourney's is ball save ever disabled?

Usually they are set to default settings.

Doctor Who's ball save is a bit different than most games in that you can turn it back on in the middle of game play by locking the time expander (so you could theoretically have the ball save many times per ball, making for long ball times) - this is why we are reducing it to just two seconds...this will have the side effect of making the multi-ball far harder to score more than one jackpot on per go.

#414 3 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

I feel so lost when y'all talk about the tournaments.

I wouldn't worry too much about that right now. You'll catch on at Romp in the Swamp if you can make it.

Your mission at The Romp Leakyfaucet, should you choose to accept it, is to:
    *have fun playing pinball
    *meet and hang out with other local pinball enthusiasts
    *feel good about donating some $$ to a good cause, Project Pinball, which is a charity org that helps place pinball machines in children's hospitals and other hospitals for kids to play while going through medical treatment and recovery.
    *enjoy the chance to beat TigerLaw on his own machines, and be able to milk the bragging rights for months (watch out for Pav throwing a counter-punch to humble you back in place).

#415 3 years ago

Getting Doctor Who set up and color DMD installed. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#416 3 years ago

What do I look for on ifpa site? Also how much is the tournament

#417 3 years ago

Safe Cracker has been moved to its new location in the house for the side tournament. Safe Cracker will only be available to those playing in the Romp in the Swamp side tournament.

image_(resized).jpeg

#418 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I'm trying to come up with a few surprises for the Red River Replay. No spoilers will be provided!

Your tournament in September is on Tiger's birthday. He wants to go, so I hope one of the surprises is a cake for Tiger.

#419 3 years ago

Copy that. Tiger cake can do!

#420 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Copy that. Tiger cake can do!

Lots to work with that day. Tiger's b-day, and LSU Tigers play football at Auburn Tigers that same day.
    LSU-Tiger-Stripes-Cake_(resized).jpg
    stripper-cake_(resized).jpg

#421 3 years ago

Quicksilver has arrived home for the Romp in the Swamp. image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#422 3 years ago

Set up of Quick Silver complete.

image_(resized).jpeg

#423 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

*enjoy the chance to beat TigerLaw on his own machines, and be able to milk the bragging rights for months (watch out for Pav throwing a counter-punch to humble you back in place).

You and PavBall are now 1 and 1 in tournament play against each other and have each won 5 games total across the two matches.

Could you two run into each other for the decisive third match at the Romp in the Swamp? Will side bets be taken?

#424 3 years ago

I love the swamp and I want to romp!

My Bday is Aug. 17th so despite the fact that my wife will give me shit, I'm calling in this chit.

She and my middle daughter are on a cruise in Alaska right now.

Only prob, my youngest daughter made freshman volleyball team so somebody has to stay home!

Gambling and some pinball!!!!

#425 3 years ago

Is there a beer drinking contest while playing pinball?

#426 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

That's awesome!!! Man, glad you are coming!

Quoted from iceman44:

Is there a beer drinking contest while playing pinball?

I will have a special side prize for it.

#427 3 years ago

I been practicing all day getting my fingers warmed up.

Quoted from TigerLaw:That's great news. You and I will be playing DW in the tournament against each other then.

#428 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

My Bday is Aug. 17th so despite the fact that my wife will give me shit, I'm calling in this chit.
    Only prob, my youngest daughter made freshman volleyball team so somebody has to stay home!

Funny. Preston and me leave for Alaska on Sunday.
    But at least you will be coming to the tourney that mere mortals can win.
    Hope everyone has a great time and be sure to post lots of photos.

#429 3 years ago

Umm Arcade,
    It would be nice if you and family would take a lot of nice scenic pics while on vacation.
    We would like to see them after you get back.
    Maybe run a slideshow of select good pics on a computer during the Oct tournament.

#430 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Glad you will be able to make it to tigerlaw and pavs it will be a blast.

#431 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Umm Arcade,
    It would be nice if you and family would take a lot of nice scenic pics while on vacation.
    We would like to see them after you get back.
    Maybe run a slideshow during the Oct tournament.

We will certainly take a lot.
    Not a problem.

#432 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Hope everyone has a great time and be sure to post lots of photos.

Pinball-is-great is the official photographer of the Romp in the Swamp. We will have photos! Sure will miss you and Preston at the event though.

Have fun in Alaska!

#433 3 years ago

I know I'm really late, but I just wanted to add my thanks to Zukboy and Mrs. Zukboy for hosting the Houma tourney. Such a great space and awesome machines! I really enjoyed playing with y'all in my first ever pinball tournament. See y'all at TigerLaw and PavBall's place for the Romp in the Swamp!

#434 3 years ago
    Quoted from GreenWave:

See y'all at TigerLaw and PavBall's place for the Romp in the Swamp!

Woot! Tulane will be well represented at the Romp!

#435 3 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

What do I look for on ifpa site? Also how much is the tournament

Do you think you'll make the tournament? We are trying to figure out if we need to bring an extra machine or two based on likely number of entrants. The more the better.

#436 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Do you think you'll make the tournament?

I'm going to try my hardest. Going out of town this weekend for my anniversary so Grandma is watching the kids this weekend, I'll try to talk her into watching them that weekend too. Just depends on her mood.

#437 3 years ago

What time does warm up start for the Romp

#438 3 years ago

Well guys sadly I'm out of Romp In Swamp so it is "officially" a tournament for mere mortals now :wink:Seriously I have to drop my daughter off at UT that weekend. I was so bummed when my wife told me a few days ago when the drop off is.

But on a cool note I'm very proud of my finish in the Pinburgh Match Play Championship. I finished in a tie for 203 out of 700 of the best players the world has to offer. (At least 700 of the best that could make it)

#439 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

Well guys sadly I'm out of Romp In Swamp so it is "officially" a tournament for mere mortals now :wink:Seriously I have to drop my daughter off at UT that weekend. I was so bummed when my wife told me a few days ago when the drop off is.

Oh man, major bummer. Is Allen still planning on attending?

#440 3 years ago

I'm not sure. I'll have to ask him.

#442 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Any ideas for a side tournament? Having a side tournament will allow all the participants to get IFPA points from two separate entries and will help them start having their scores count to tournament total points at stake (I think they need three entries before they start to add value to tournaments...so adding a side tourney will get first timers 2/3's the way there).

#443 3 years ago

Yes I have several ideas. We can easily accommodate.

#444 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Yes I have several ideas. We can easily accommodate.

yeah baby!!!

#445 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Everyone have a good weekend?

This was my weekend, almost got it working 100%.

image_(resized).jpeg

#446 3 years ago

Tiger I am really sorry to miss your tournament. No way out of this for me. I owe you a trip to LC.

I did a little practice for my Sept Red River Replay today.

image_(resized).jpeg

#447 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

I have that same cabinet - but with a Tekken disc and sticker. Eventually I'll get it converted to Mame

#448 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Sweet! I call Barraka or Sub Zero when I head your way next.

#449 3 years ago
    Quoted from wizzardz:

I have that same cabinet - but with a Tekken disc and sticker. Eventually I'll get it converted to Mame

Hey wizzardz! Think you'll make it to Lake Charles next Saturday?

#450 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

I'm not sure. I'll have to ask him.

Is Allen on Pinside?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 4.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    ULEKstore
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Vandelay Industries
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 9.99
    Playfield - Plastics
    Mod Magic!
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Apparel - Men
    Great American Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 12.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 19.99
    $ 149.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Star Wars Premium Out of stock
    Operation Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 30.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 16.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 14.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    There are 4222 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 85.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside