(Topic ID: 161458)

Gulf Coast Pinball Club : SE Texas / SW Louisiana

By TigerLaw

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8864 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8863 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240407_155527588 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155535348 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155543392 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 120.
    #3551 5 years ago

I just got this one. He sold me my first two machines as well. I never have played it but I couldn’t pass it up

#3552 5 years ago

You got a great deal. I had the Cleland code on mine and it made a huge difference if you are a fan of the GOTG soundtrack. Please feel free to reach out if I can offer any help. This is a fun game.

Chris

#3553 5 years ago
    Quoted from jsm172:

I just got this one. He sold me my first two machines as well. I never have played it but I couldn’t pass it up

Well dang. I actually thought about giving it a try for that price. You really couldn't lose money on that deal.

Good pickup!

#3554 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Really good price on a Guardians with mods and topper in the NOLA area. I’m not familiar with the user.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/72818#
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-guardians-of-the-galaxy-pro-28

Awesome game for a great price!!

#3555 5 years ago

Finally got MBR all set up this thing is awesome. All I need is my Metallica to come back home

C2F308BD-2A1D-42FA-816D-9C537EBDD0AE (resized).jpegC2F308BD-2A1D-42FA-816D-9C537EBDD0AE (resized).jpeg
    #3556 5 years ago

Very nice! Just in time for Chistmas.

#3557 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Finally got MBR all set up this thing is awesome.
    [quoted image]

Okay I’m ready for a trade...

#3558 5 years ago

Christmas and pinball brings the family together. Merry Christmas everyone!

04702E78-DD78-43D1-A8BC-41B6C464A852 (resized).jpeg04702E78-DD78-43D1-A8BC-41B6C464A852 (resized).jpeg
    #3559 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Okay I’m ready for a trade...

Lol I need just a little bit longer with it.

#3560 5 years ago

New code for Deadpool.

Mudflaps broke my game and then got a high score with the glass off.

32EEF01B-AD39-481F-AD69-FD996F3295B0 (resized).jpeg32EEF01B-AD39-481F-AD69-FD996F3295B0 (resized).jpeg5B659BF8-FFE7-4FDF-A1F1-19E94C067C85 (resized).jpeg5B659BF8-FFE7-4FDF-A1F1-19E94C067C85 (resized).jpeg
    #3561 5 years ago

Yikes! That’ll be a clean up.

I had glass break on scottslash ‘s TSPP a few weeks ago, luckily it was while it was being put on the ground and not over the machine. Was crazy, I was holding glass one second and the next second nothing...it just evaporated into a couple hundred thousand pieces.

The crackling sound the glass made for about a minute after it disintegrated was pretty wild to, I’d never expierenced that in the hobby before.

#3562 5 years ago

Mine was on the ground also. Just setting it down so we could check a switch.

#3563 5 years ago

Oh man! I hate when glass shatters like that. It happened a couple weeks back at Edwin's and I swear you could hear the glass making popping sounds as it lay there on the floor.

Was this another of Kyle's ploys to play with the glass off?

#3564 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

New code for Deadpool.
    Mudflaps broke my game and then got a high score with the glass off.[quoted image][quoted image]

Please let him know there is a easier way to remove the glass.

For me 22 days without getting to play any pinball, got home and got some games in this weekend and as few during lunch. Game room is opened for family today we will see if anyone makes it out there.

#3565 5 years ago

I was able to reach the Deadpool score by breaking Nevus’ glass and just hitting the slingshots. Took me just over an hour.

#3566 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I was able to reach the Deadpool score by breaking Nevus’ glass and just hitting the slingshots. Took me just over an hour.

Well, you have done it every other way, might as well try the slings.

Did you make any machine trades yet?

Let me know when you get tired of IMDN. Maybe we could pull off a temp trade.

#3567 5 years ago

You can view the player status plans for the upcoming IFPA state pinball championships here on IFPA website.
    Just click on a state and scroll down. These lists are still being updated till around Jan 5th.
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/nacs/qualifying.php

Some states still need to have player status data entered.
    Other states already show player status for many of the players who earned IFPA points during year 2018.
    Thus, the placement of the cut line likely will change slightly for many states over the next week or two.

Some players show up as Not Attending, due to they have probably committed to playing in another state championship.
    Others may know they will not be able to play on Jan 19th due to work/family schedule conflicts.

#3568 5 years ago

Merry Christmas Pinball lovers!

#3569 5 years ago

Merry Christmas to all my GCPC friends. Just got done doing a Cajun Turkey (boil like crawfish) it was a success.

#3570 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Merry Christmas to all my GCPC friends. Just got done doing a Cajun Turkey (boil like crawfish) it was a success.

Can't beat a Cajun turkey!

#3571 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Can't beat a Cajun turkey!

Truth!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #3572 5 years ago

No oil boil it in water with crawfish season, onions, corn and potatoes just like you are cooking crawfish. Boiled for about 1 hour and let soak for about 20 min. I have fried, smoked, and grilled turkey but just heard about this so after some good old Google searches I gave it a try.

#3574 5 years ago

#3575 5 years ago

The 2018-19 IFPA LA State Pinball Champ trophy made it down here to me last week,
    ...and without getting stolen off my front porch.

IFPA-LA-StateChamp-trophy-2018-19 (resized).jpgIFPA-LA-StateChamp-trophy-2018-19 (resized).jpg

#3576 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I had glass break on scottslash ‘s TSPP a few weeks ago,

Oh man!! Glad it was on the floor. Never experienced it myself, but all these stories, I sure get nervous setting those things down.

Anyway, hope everybody had a Merry Christmas!

#3577 5 years ago

So, my MBr didn't make it for Christmas. Pretty sucky since I preordered the game a "very" long time ago.

Maybe I should have ordered a SE...

crock_tears (resized).jpgcrock_tears (resized).jpg
    #3578 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

So, my MBr didn't make it for Christmas. Pretty sucky since I preordered the game a "very" long time ago.
    Maybe I should have ordered a SE...
    [quoted image]

That sux man, but it will be worth the wait. I keep pressing the start button on mine over and over lol

#3579 5 years ago

The joys of tempered glass. Pretty strong in the middle, doesn't take much of a hit on the edge to make it explode.

#3580 5 years ago

Anyone bringing games to TPF this year?

I'd like to have Gulf Coast Next to ArkLaTex and maybe Mississippi if they want to bring a sign. Its nice to look out for each others games. If we ask early enough we could possibly be near Pinside.

I'll be bringing C37 and and maybe one other.

Tiger or Jodester can you make this a Key Post?

#3581 5 years ago

As mentioned on Facebook, I'll be bringing LOTR. Can't wait!

#3582 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Tiger or Jodester can you make this a Key Post?

Marked as a key post.

I think Jodester, PavBall and I are all flying. If Keith has my Catacomb finished in time it could potentially go there. If we are going to try to be by the Pinside booth (which is a great idea) we need to coordinate with Xerico

#3583 5 years ago

Better get Pav-ball registered with IFPA soon, so she will be eligible to play in the upcoming LA state championship.
    This issue could affect someone's health soon.

#3584 5 years ago

Yep, I will handle that either tonight or tomorrow bro.

#3585 5 years ago

By the way, if someone wants to bring an em to the state championships you are welcome to do so. We have enough games but an em is always a welcome addition to any tourney. No biggie either way. Thanks.

#3587 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

By the way, if someone wants to bring an em to the state championships you are welcome to do so. We have enough games but an em is always a welcome addition to any tourney. No biggie either way. Thanks.

I wish I could help you with your request but work has me on the road and not getting in until Friday night tourney Saturday then turn around and back on the road.

#3588 5 years ago

Thanks TigerLaw for your efforts to get the machines ready for the upcoming Louisiana State Pinball Championship.
    Hope it's an exciting and fun day of pinball for all of the state championships.

#3589 5 years ago

If anyone is in the market for any pinball dollies Todd Dupre has 3 for sale. If you need his cell phone number just PM me.

#3590 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Thanks TigerLaw for your efforts to get the machines ready for the upcoming Louisiana State Pinball Championship.
    Hope it's an exciting and fun day of pinball for all of the state championships.

Yep, Titan bands fully installed on all machines in the tourney other than Sorcerer, TNA, and TSPP. Speed came over to help me play test all the games. Ryan Bell did a great job for those needing a pintech.

#3591 5 years ago

For a 4-pin line-up, these are pretty awesome. Playing pinball w/ Zukboy is always a blast.

Zukboy-Jan2019 (resized).jpgZukboy-Jan2019 (resized).jpg

#3592 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

For a 4-pin line-up, these are pretty awesome. Playing pinball w/ Zukboy is always a blast

He could host a 16 player matchplay style tourney with those four machines. Need to move them into the game room.

#3593 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

He could host a 16 player matchplay style tourney with those four machines. Need to move them into the game room.

Josh, I accept your invitation to come play your games!

When is the tourney?

#3594 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep, Titan bands fully installed on all machines in the tourney other than Sorcerer, TNA, and TSPP. speed came over to help me play test all the games. Ryan Bell did a great job for those needing a pintech.

Thanks for having us. The games are really improved with those titan bands.

#3595 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Quoted from Nevus:

Josh, I accept your invitation to come play your games!
    When is the tourney?

Im working on trying to have a tournament sometime this year. not sure on location yet

#3596 5 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Im working on trying to have a tournament sometime this year. not sure on location yet

How is the work on BSD coming along?

#3597 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

How is the work on BSD coming along?

Havent had time to check it out yet but i plan on looking at this weekend really looking forward to playing it.

#3598 5 years ago

Hi club!! I haven't logged in to Pinside in awhile. I wish I could have been here for the pinball swap a couple weeks ago. All the machines are working as they should be now. The tournament should a lot of fun!! No one has mentioned any plans for food for the tournament. Is the plan to just grab pizza or something?

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

#3599 5 years ago

Have a good time at the tourney everyone! I’m stuck in San Antonio or else I’d see you there. Drink a beer for me!

#3600 5 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

The tournament should a lot of fun!! No one has mentioned any plans for food for the tournament. Is the plan to just grab pizza or something?
    Looking forward to seeing everyone!!

Hi PavBall,

It should be a fun time having a good group of players getting together for friendly competition and to visit.
    We have players coming from Shreveport, Monroe, Leesville, Houma, Lafayette area, Beaumont, TX, and Lake Charles of course.

The food plan should be:
    * that players should bring whatever they want to eat and drink. Snacks can be placed all together as sort of a potluck for everyone.
    * A sentence in the state championship description says: "Entry fee is likely to be $0 per player, but there may be a small fee to cover hosting expenses". Thus, if some pizzas are ordered/delivered for lunch, then it is reasonable for players to pitch in to split the bill if they want to eat some pizza.

My guess is that there will be 23 to 25 people attending (players, alternates, friends, family).
    See you Saturday!

There are 5,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana/page/72?hl=jsm172 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.