(Topic ID: 161458)

Gulf Coast Pinball Club : SE Texas / SW Louisiana

By TigerLaw

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8864 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8863 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240407_155527588 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155535348 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155543392 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 120.
    #2951 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Is it true the Hawaiian Tropic Girls tour bus pulled over and the gals asked if you wanted to be their oil-boy for the summer, ...and
    you chuckled and told them: Thanks girls, but I've got to get these pinball machines and arcade games delivered pronto.
    [quoted image]

yuuuuup.... they're always trying to slow me down. I think STI hired them just for said purpose

#2952 5 years ago

4 days since last post where did everyone go? Nothing happening in the Golf Coast other than heat?

#2953 5 years ago

I installed a ColorDMD in Transformers yesterday.

I am currently waiting to preorder MBr. That will make two games I have money spent on deposits (ACNC) and no game to show for it.

Deadpool looks cool and I don't see how Edwin can resist the temptation to order one.

#2954 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Deadpool looks cool and I don't see how Edwin can resist the temptation to order one.

There is no way he can resist.
    I predict it to be on order within the week. If not sooner.
    It does certainly look fun.

#2955 5 years ago

Maiden, Deadpool and Beatles, what a year for Stern.

Someone buy me a Deadpool!

#2956 5 years ago

Anybody want to buy a Kiss Pro? Looks like I need to move it with all these new games coming out.

#2957 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Anybody want to buy a Kiss Pro? Looks like I need to move it with all these new games coming out.

Not a game on our buy list.
    But I understand the space issues.
    With Elvis gone and F14 leaving next week we finally have room to move around again. It is nice.

#2958 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I’m thinking hard about IMDN or getting that Kiss back.

#2959 5 years ago

Hey guys,

Looking to sell my Star Trek Pro.

Call or text if interested.

337-802-0002

Jon

Low plays. Home use only

Mod List:

Color LCD DMD
    Laserriffic Topper
    Mirror Blades
    Aurich translite and Aurich full decal kit
    Stern shaker motor
    LED Speakers with Speaker Inserts
    Vengeance Mod
    Custom Shooter Rod (Mezel Mods)
    Warp ramp chase lights mod
    Warp ramp light diffuser
    Custom instruction cards plus original cards
    2 sets of asteroid clusters from Modfather
    Vengeance explosion from Mezel Mods
    2 pinball dome flasher covers simulating transporters
    Lots of LED bulb changes

Link to pinside ad:

Machine - For Sale
    Star Trek (Pro) Archived
    HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “Star Trek Pro. Low plays. Home use only Mod List: Color LCD DMD Laserriffic Topper Mirror Blades Aurich translite and Aurich full decal kit Stern shaker motor LED Speakers with ...”
    2018-08-01
    Lake Charles, LA
    5,000 (Firm)
    Archived after: 11 days
    Viewed: 319 times

IMG_1683 (resized).JPGIMG_1683 (resized).JPG
    #2960 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

4 days since last post where did everyone go? Nothing happening in the Golf Coast other than heat?

Looks like TigerLaw and I are gonna do a temp swap -- my TSPP for his STLE -- at Red River Replay on 9/1. Looking forward to it!

Nice ST for sale Jonjon74 at a fair price too. glws.

#2961 5 years ago

hi,

Starting next game delivery route tomorrow (Fri, Aug 10). Driving through Lousianna twice on this route. Can add more/other cities.
    PM me to add your pinball, video game, kiosk, juke, slot, vending machine, signs, others to the route. Also have games for sale & can sell your games.
    I can also add items while on-route if it's before i get to your locations.

Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 11.16.12 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-08-09 at 11.16.12 AM (resized).png
    #2962 5 years ago

Labnip I would enjoy going for lunch or opening up the gameroom when you pass through Shreveport. If you have time, please PM etc.

#2963 5 years ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

Looks like tigerlaw and I are gonna do a temp swap -- my TSPP for his STLE -- at Red River Replay on 9/1. Looking forward to it!

PavBall is pretty pumped about having TSPP for a bit. She has wanted that game since 2014. My Star Trek is a premium by the way, though it looks like an LE thanks to Aurich

As an aside, for those wondering what is going to be replacing Star Trek up at the office for league...here is a hint for you:

64206B3D-3C7E-46BC-B1FC-2D39D491A845 (resized).jpeg64206B3D-3C7E-46BC-B1FC-2D39D491A845 (resized).jpeg

#2964 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

pavball is pretty pumped about having TSPP for a bit. She has wanted that game since 2014. My Star Trek is a premium by the way, though it looks like an LE thanks to aurich
    As an aside, for those wondering what is going to be replacing Star Trek up at the office for league...here is a hint for you:
    [quoted image]

Hmmm. Could you be more specific?

#2965 5 years ago

Someone get a Deadpool! It looks fun.

#2966 5 years ago

Four 90s era rock bands playin tonite at Lake Charles Golden Nugget Grand Event Center 8:30pm. C u there. Rock on!

#2967 5 years ago

Hey Jody here is a copy and paste of the latest post in the Monster Bash Thread.
    This is what we have been hearing rumbles about so I hope it is true.

"This just in on the rumor mill. Don't shoot the messenger. This is HUGE!!!!!!

Monster Bash Remake is going to have 2 full games in one. Very similar to a Bride of Pinbot 2.0 Players will be able to choose between the original game and the new enhanced game mode. This means you will get to play a totally redesigned Monster Bash. New rules sounds and animations. If this is true CGC hats off to you. This personally makes me even more excited to buy this game. New code and enhanced game play opens up the doors on many future titles that are begging to be finished/remade.

Looking forward to playing this already great game. Can't wait to see the redesigned animations on that giant LCD. And a kick ass animated topper is always a plus in my book. "

#2968 5 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Hey Jody here is a copy and paste of the latest post in the Monster Bash Thread.
    This is what we have been hearing rumbles about so I hope it is true.
    "This just in on the rumor mill. Don't shoot the messenger. This is HUGE!!!!!!
    Monster Bash Remake is going to have 2 full games in one. Very similar to a Bride of Pinbot 2.0 Players will be able to choose between the original game and the new enhanced game mode. This means you will get to play a totally redesigned Monster Bash. New rules sounds and animations. If this is true CGC hats off to you. This personally makes me even more excited to buy this game. New code and enhanced game play opens up the doors on many future titles that are begging to be finished/remade.
    Looking forward to playing this already great game. Can't wait to see the redesigned animations on that giant LCD. And a kick ass animated topper is always a plus in my book. "

Whoa!!! Glad I already talked to my distributor. If the art package is not the holdup, they could actually be producing games for shipping.

#2969 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Four 90s era rock bands playin tonite at Lake Charles Golden Nugget Grand Event Center 8:30pm. C u there

Sorry we missed you. Did you stay in LC or head home after the concert?

Anybody do any fun Pinball stuff this weekend?

#2970 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I went to this cool guys house and played TNA and IMDN Friday night. Does that count?

#2971 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Not sure I would call it fun, but I cleaned every games playfield, rubber rings and did general maintenance so that all our games are now at 100% with no issues and look great.
    It is a good feeling.

Also, Preston and I went on a service call to a local attorneys house to fix his classic 80’s KISS and Stern Playboy.

Heading to Baptist Hospital tomorrow to look over the Project Pinball Shrek.

#2972 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Labnip I would enjoy going for lunch or opening up the gameroom when you pass through Shreveport. If you have time, please PM etc.

Seconding that offer when you drive through the Fl Panhandle (Fort Walton Beach area).

#2973 5 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

Seconding that offer when you drive through the Fl Panhandle (Fort Walton Beach area).

labnip : PavBall and I third that offer. When are you passing through LC?

#2974 5 years ago

I’ve got Deadpool fever. I’ll be listing a game this weekend, probably GOTG. We’ll see where it goes.

Please disregard my previous grandstanding about no more nib etc.

#2975 5 years ago

I have this available for sale in Houston. $1500

27076D66-2D76-4D36-9440-BCA06050DDD2 (resized).jpeg27076D66-2D76-4D36-9440-BCA06050DDD2 (resized).jpeg471CBB9A-68CA-4D75-BD05-4EACBFAA3A48 (resized).jpeg471CBB9A-68CA-4D75-BD05-4EACBFAA3A48 (resized).jpeg4D76AC5B-6CAE-464D-8201-C8FD7D62EFB2 (resized).jpeg4D76AC5B-6CAE-464D-8201-C8FD7D62EFB2 (resized).jpegBC49404A-3A94-4953-ADCA-CCA7DE14951F (resized).jpegBC49404A-3A94-4953-ADCA-CCA7DE14951F (resized).jpegEDFBC112-E74A-4C0E-BC43-A7A153F7F884 (resized).jpegEDFBC112-E74A-4C0E-BC43-A7A153F7F884 (resized).jpegF32764BB-F207-4A24-972F-CE5B943A7BB3 (resized).jpegF32764BB-F207-4A24-972F-CE5B943A7BB3 (resized).jpeg
    #2976 5 years ago

I just had some of the best games of my life - special thanks to PavBall & TigerLaw for hosting me at their house the other day for some TnA action. If you can learn to survive the speed of that pin you can learn to survive anything!

Side note: How do you link a pin? Is it just the initials? If I hit preview post it doesn't do the mouse-over thing for Total Nuclear Annihilation unless I am using the wrong acronym?

#2977 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I’ve got Deadpool fever. I’ll be listing a game this weekend, probably GOTG. We’ll see where it goes.
    Please disregard my previous grandstanding about no more nib etc.

Sucker!!

#2978 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Please disregard my previous grandstanding about no more nib etc

Yea...I might have ordered a Deadpool too, I’m such an X-Men fan I just couldn’t resist it...I’m going to have to sell a game as well...no idea what yet.

Looking forward to your tourney!

#2979 5 years ago

I want a Deadpool too! Alas, my money is all tied up in my building project
    However, it is coming along and shouldn't be too much longer. I've got some of my best people working on it

20180813_225153 (resized).jpg20180813_225153 (resized).jpg20180814_195645 (resized).jpg20180814_195645 (resized).jpg20180814_195713 (resized).jpg20180814_195713 (resized).jpg20180814_195738 (resized).jpg20180814_195738 (resized).jpg
    #2980 5 years ago
    Quoted from action76:

I want a Deadpool too! Alas, my money is all tied up in my building project
    However, it is coming along and shouldn't be too much longer. I've got some of my best people working on it [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is that a 3 ton mini-split unit on the wall for cooling? I went 3 ton and it's too much. I should have gone smaller.

#2981 5 years ago

Too much AC? Is that possible?

#2982 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Is that a 3 ton mini-split unit on the wall for cooling? I went 3 ton and it's too much. I should have gone smaller.

The condenser is a 3 ton unit. I have it split into 2 tons for the main room and 1 ton in the workshop.

#2983 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Too much AC? Is that possible?

Yes, very.

If too large it won't dehumidify. Plus since it won't run long it would do a lot of starting and stopping which isn't necessarily good for it's lifespan.

#2984 5 years ago
    Quoted from Raegor:

Yes, very.
    If too large it won't dehumidify. Plus since it won't run long it would do a lot of starting and stopping which isn't necessarily good for it's lifespan.

Yep, this. I have to run a secondary dehumidifier to keep the humidity in the 50% range.

#2985 5 years ago

GCPC if you are going to HAAG expo today is last day on cheaper tickets if you're not bringing a game. Keith put out a reminder email on it today so just a heads up.

#2986 5 years ago

action76 that game room is coming along nicely. Is 2 ton of AC big enough for that space.

#2987 5 years ago

Well CGC just announced there will be no new code for Monster Bash Remake.
    But when asked what was going to change this was their reply.

"Yep! Can’t tell you what they are yet, but there are changes/improvements."

#2988 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Is 2 ton of AC big enough for that space.

According to my AC guy, it is perfect. He ran all kinds of calculations according to room size, ceiling height, R value of insulation, number of people that might be in there at one time, etc.

#2989 5 years ago
    Quoted from action76:

Alas, my money is all tied up in my building project

Now that the cost of solar panels and batteries has come down a lot in the past few years, at some point in future you may want to add some of that.

#2990 5 years ago

Whatcha guys think about the Deadpool video? Great flow, sweet animations. Love the 90s video game vibe! Not sure if the callouts will get old, though.

IMDN on order, so I’m looking forward to that!

#2991 5 years ago

I liked it

#2992 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I went 3 ton and it's too much. I should have gone smaller.

Jodster is trying to cryogenically freeze himself, his family, and his guests.

Any thoughts on the Deadpool stream? Tiger only saw a couple minutes and I did not see any of it.

#2993 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Whatcha guys think about the Deadpool video? Great flow, sweet animations. Love the 90s video game vibe! Not sure if the callouts will get old, though.
    IMDN on order, so I’m looking forward to that!

I hope you like IMDN better than I do. Played a bunch of Edwin's premium and the game just falls flat to me. His TNA on the other hand is a crowd favorite.

I liked the DP Dead_Flip stream. Shots look fun. My only issue is that I think it may be a long ball time game for better players. Could be a problem for tournaments.

#2994 5 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

Jodster is trying to cryogenically freeze himself, his family, and his guests.
    Any thoughts on the Deadpool stream? Tiger only saw a couple minutes and I did not see any of it.

Jack Danger said it will be posted to Youtube tonight. You guys can check it out later.

And yes, I like it to be cold when playing pinball.

#2995 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I hope you like IMDN better than I do. Played a bunch of Edwin's premium and the game just falls flat to me. His TNA on the other hand is a crowd favorite.
    I liked the DP Dead_Flip stream. Shots look fun. My only issue is that I think it may be a long ball time game for better players. Could be a problem for tournaments.

TNA is super, super fun. *However*, I feel like the lack of any real modes, coupled with just the 3-ball multiball, it wouldn’t last in my collection. I seem to be in the minority, though, because everyone who owns it, loves it. I only have a handful of games on it.

IMDN seems more my speed. While it differs from normal ‘flow’ games (Kiss, ACDC), it seems like it has enough to do to keep my interest.

Of course I turn over my collection often, so you never know.

#2996 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

TNA is super, super fun. *However*, I feel like the lack of any real modes, coupled with just the 3-ball multiball, it wouldn’t last in my collection. I seem to be in the minority, though, because everyone who owns it, loves it. I only have a handful of games on it.
    IMDN seems more my speed. While it differs from normal ‘flow’ games (Kiss, ACDC), it seems like it has enough to do to keep my interest.
    Of course I turn over my collection often, so you never know.

I have six different games in my collection since the beginning of the year. Crazy turnover...

About TNA, it just keeps pulling you back in for one more game. The Coop mode is one of the coolest things about the game because everybody is cheering the other players to do well. Totally opposite to our regular competitive streaks. Game play is generally fast, much like Ironman.

#2997 5 years ago

I still have the Deadpool fever. Pro for me though if I buy. I still have TNA on order and that money is under lock and key.

Deadpool will require a mandatory sell. To be fair I should really sell about 3 games. I'm getting too many again.

I'm excited about High Speed coming in for the tournament. It could be a fun companion to Banzai Run.

#2998 5 years ago

I am not great at pinball, but LOVE TNA. The coop mode is fantastic. I want nothing more than to crush my friends when we play regular multiplayer. It has enough to leave me always wanting to play more. I have found that (in my head, at least) it has improved my play exponentially when it comes to other fast games. They are almost in slow motion as a result of TNA.

#2999 5 years ago

Coop mode on TNA is simple and brilliant. I can’t believe it’s never been done before. That alone makes for a fantastic multiplayer experience.

I usually play with myself, though.

54C4DA18-2EDE-4499-9ED9-8B62CDB25097 (resized).jpeg54C4DA18-2EDE-4499-9ED9-8B62CDB25097 (resized).jpeg
    #3000 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Lol you can never have too much cold

There are 5,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.