Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,968 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7787 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN3550 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3547 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3553 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 120.
    #2901 5 years ago

Always welcome here Bryan.
    We have beer!

#2902 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

We have beer!

How come when I come over, you’re always out?

#2903 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Because he likes me better.

#2904 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I’ll need to set the date soon for my Sept Tournament.
    If I do Labor Day Weekend...
    Could anyone give a preliminary Yes or No for that weekend?
    Also I am flexible on the day but will pick Saturday or Sunday unless otherwise requested.
    Thanks!

Saturday, yes.

#2905 5 years ago
    Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Because he likes me better.

Quoted from Jodester:

Saturday, yes.

I should be able to do Saturday also pending any antiquing trips the old lady drags me on.

#2906 5 years ago

What would the format of the tourney be Nevus ? Double elimination? Maybe best game? Thanks!

#2907 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I’ll need to set the date soon for my Sept Tournament.
    If I do Labor Day Weekend...
    Could anyone give a preliminary Yes or No for that weekend?
    Also I am flexible on the day but will pick Saturday or Sunday unless otherwise requested.
    Thanks!

Yes

#2908 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

He does that to you too?

#2909 5 years ago

I can make any of the 3 days on Labor Day weekend (Sat, Sun, Mon). Thanks Nevus for hosting.
    Sat would be my 3rd choice of the 3 days, but all are fine as of now for me.

I like double elim format, but it takes a while.
    If we go with double elim for the main tourney, then I would suggest best of 3 game matches on the losers side.
    Depending on the number of players entered in the tourney: If we have a lot of players, then go with best of 5 game matches on winners side, and if not very many players entered, then we can go with best of 7 game matches.
    It would be great if TigerLaw brings his ipad and we use Brackelope software for the main tourney if we use double elim format.

I'm also ok with using single elim format, and having best of 7 game matches (or best of 5 if a lot of players entered).
    Filling out handwritten bracket on paper is easy with single elim format.

For the side tourney, I'll see what Nevus's preference is since he is hosting.
    In past RRR tournaments at Nevus's, we have usually done pin-golf for the side tourney, w/ top 4 making the play-offs.
    He may want to change things up this year.

Nevus and I try to find the sweet spot that allows everyone to visit and party together, eat some great food, with enough tournament pinball action to keep things amped up.
    Fun factor goes down if too many long tournaments, plus not all players can stay late.
    We understand that there needs to be enough IFPA points to be earned to make it worth players time to make the drive.
    IFPA entry fees add up if we do a lot of small tournaments, but it gives more players a chance to get a top 3 finish.
    So again, trying to find a good mix is what we try for.

#2910 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

It would be great if TigerLaw brings his ipad and we use Brackelope software for the main tourney if we use double elim format.

Of course happy to do that if I can make it. I'm going to have check in with PavBall and if I can go (which I imagine I probably can) I'd like to ride with Jodester if he'll have me.

Just making a personal observation, it is a long drive for a single elimination tourney. In the winter tourney Nevus hosted, I got smoked in the first round by PavBall and that was the end of my tourney experience. Having a double elimination format at least gives people who get an unfortunate round one match up the chance of playing up through the losers bracket. To the extent you guys are soliciting input for tourney format, I vote double elimination.

Also, consider a Best Game format with a playoff for the side tourney. I have the software for that as well, it is what we do with our Lake Charles league events and if you guys in Shreveport like the format you can start using it for your league events as well. Best Game format has been a raging hit here and it's perfect for a side tourney.

Thanks!

#2911 5 years ago

Getting ready to head out for Pittsburgh in the morning.
    Also Monster Bash just announced by CGC a few min ago.
    Very excited to hear all the details.

#2912 5 years ago

Looking like a yes on Labor Day Saturday Nevus . I miss you guys!

#2913 5 years ago

Hotel room booked for TPF next March.

I know it may seem early but I strongly urge any of you considering going to TPF in Frisco next year to go ahead and book your room now before Pinburg. The event hotel for TPF sells out right after Pinburg every year...they have rooms open now...

#2914 5 years ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

Looking like a yes on Labor Day Saturday nevus . I miss you guys!

Would be great to see you!

#2915 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Would be great to see you!

I invited some folks from work, so hopefully some new faces.

#2916 5 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I invited some folks from work, so hopefully some new faces.

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
    #2917 5 years ago

Private Pyle get over here and play some pinball

#2918 5 years ago

Those are hurtful stereotypes. What if I made fun of doctors?

C847630C-7763-48D8-98C6-953E2A40AD65 (resized).jpegC847630C-7763-48D8-98C6-953E2A40AD65 (resized).jpeg
    #2919 5 years ago

My wife came home the other day and saw me being pretty provocative with the John Deer in the barn. She asked what in the he11 I was doing. I told her I had talked to the doctor about our issues and the doctor told me to do something sexy to a tractor.

#2920 5 years ago

For those not on Facebook here are our standings after 3 rounds of Pinburgh

After round 3:

Preston has 21
    Leon has 27
    Dennis has 22
    Kelly 14

#2921 5 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

For those not on Facebook here are our standings after 3 rounds of Pinburgh
    After round 3:
    Preston has 21
    Leon has 27
    Dennis has 22
    Kelly 14

Wow! Excellent! You guys and gal have fun this weekend and keep us posted.

#2922 5 years ago

Red River Replay 4 will be Saturday Sept 1, 2018 at my home in Shreveport.

One main and one side tournament.
    IFPA sanctioned event
    Tournament details coming soon from Mike V. It will be posted on the Pinside Calendar, the IFPA calendar and the ArkLaTex Pinball Club Facebook page.

I will provide brisket on the smoker, some snacks, water and sodas. Any other food is pot luck and always appreciated.
    BYOB

My main emphasis is fun! Please come and meet other players from our area and enjoy our hospitality. Beginners are welcome.

Duplicate post in the Ark-La-Tex Pinball club thread.

RRR3 Main (resized).jpgRRR3 Main (resized).jpgRRR3side (resized).jpgRRR3side (resized).jpg
    #2923 5 years ago

So sad I can't make Saturday because of another event I have to attend. I was planning on coming but this popped up. Hope y'all have a blast and maybe I can make the next one. Hopefully, I'll have my gameroom done soon and you all can come my way.

#2924 5 years ago
    Quoted from action76:

So sad I can't make Saturday because of another event I have to attend. I was planning on coming but this popped up. Hope y'all have a blast and maybe I can make the next one. Hopefully, I'll have my gameroom done soon and you all can come my way.

Looking forward to the trip to your gameroom.

#2925 5 years ago

After Final round:

Preston has 34
    Leon has 39
    Dennis has 33
    Kelly has 29

This puts me in A Division
    Preston and Dennis in B Division
    And Kellly in D Division.

Having a blast and going to a private party that JJ at the Game Exchange is throwing tomorrow night.

#2926 5 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Having a blast and going to a private party that JJ at the Game Exchange is throwing tomorrow night.

Pics from the party? How is everyone doing today in the big tourney?

#2927 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Pics from the party? How is everyone doing today in the big tourney?

Great.
    Preston is currently in 1st place in B Division.
    I am doing well in A.
    Dennis is doing Well in B
    And Kelly was the 4th seed in D

#2928 5 years ago

Currently between rounds

BC7EFDE9-A503-43E8-93D2-21CD21EF8193 (resized).jpegBC7EFDE9-A503-43E8-93D2-21CD21EF8193 (resized).jpeg
    #2929 5 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Currently between rounds

How is the Dronet family doing? All four of them there as well?

Man, I need to add this show to the visit list one year soon.

#2930 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

How is the Dronet family doing? All four of them there as well?
    Man, I need to add this show to the visit list one year soon.

Yes . All are doing great

#2931 5 years ago

** Reliable Pin Shipper in Texas Sought **

Hi.

I'm trying to arrange the transport of a pinball from just north of Austin to Minneapolis.

STI considers this origin to be "remote," and arranging a time to get there to pickup is a bit of big/time-consuming deal.

So, I'm asking Long-Horn Pinsiders what alternative reliable/experienced pinball shippers there might be with routes that stretch from Austin to the Upper Midwest.

Any suggestions/leads would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

#2932 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I'm trying to arrange the transport of a pinball from just north of Austin to Minneapolis.

If you don't get a good lead on another reliable shipper that has a fair price, then if you are not in a rush, sometimes you can get creative and figure out a way to get the machine transported by pinball people, and just pay them some money for their time/gas/hassle.
    For Example: It looks like there will be multiple pinball tournaments in Austin, Dallas area, and Houston. Could try to arrange to have machine brought by seller or an Austin area player to a Dallas area tournament to drop off at a Dallas area shipper, or hand off to another player who might bring it up to OKC and drop it off at a shipper there. Check if STI would pick up the machine at some acceptable business or residence in Dallas (or Hou, or other).

Sometimes you can get lucky on Pinside Forum and ask if anyone is planning to drive from somewhere in TX up to KC or StL (or other Midwest city) in the next month or so, and work out a deal with them to deliver it to a shipper up there. Machine will be that much closer, and STI may be willing to ship from there to MN.

#2933 5 years ago
    Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** Reliable Pin Shipper in Texas Sought **
    Hi.
    STI considers this origin to be "remote," and arranging a time to get there to pickup is a bit of big/time-consuming deal.
    So, I'm asking Long-Horn Pinsiders what alternative reliable/experienced pinball shippers there might be with routes that stretch from Austin to the Upper Midwest.
    Any suggestions/leads would be much appreciated!
    Thanks

Pinsider labnip May be able to help you out. Reach out to him. Thanks.

#2934 5 years ago

I created an event for RRR4 pinball party & tournaments in the Pinside Events section for Sat Sep 1st.
    Feel free to click on it at some point in the next month and indicate if you are likely to be going.
    Also submitted to IFPA calendar for two tournaments for RRR4, a double elim main tournament, and a pin-golf side tournament.
    They may not get reviewed/approved/posted on IFPA website calendar until next week, but we got them submitted in time.

Nevus has a nice variety of pinball machines for you to test your skills on.
    So, Labor Day weekend we hope to see some of you pinball people at Nevus's to visit and party, and play some pinball.

#2935 5 years ago

*Current game line up for RRR 4 ( https://pinside.com/pinball/events/2018-red-river-replay-ifpa-pinball-tournament-2018 )

Aerosmith Pro
    GOT LE
    ST LE
    NBA
    MM
    AMH
    TWD Prem

Banzai Run
    EBD '81
    C 37
    GOTG Pro

Hopeful delivery on tournament day ... High Speed

*subject to change due to addictive pinball hobby behavior

#2936 5 years ago

Well Preston was the #1 qualifying seed in B division. He gets a nice little $250 check for that.
    He ended up finishing in the top 16.
    Just one more shot on Tron and he would have moved on.
    But that is Pinball for you.

8F45A46B-7713-4ECD-9B09-8982632E73BD (resized).jpeg8F45A46B-7713-4ECD-9B09-8982632E73BD (resized).jpeg

#2937 5 years ago

I just finished a 3D printer mod for the #Scared Stiff to bring the Boogie Men to life, now they are ALIVE!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ouzTqqW2cBqMWRJx6

20180728_132126 (resized).jpg20180728_132126 (resized).jpg
    #2938 5 years ago

FINALLY cashed out in Crank It Up mode on Metallica. I’ve choked every time in that mode so far so it was awesome to finally do it.

53257F85-7578-4E78-B065-77DCDA5B9292 (resized).jpeg53257F85-7578-4E78-B065-77DCDA5B9292 (resized).jpeg
    #2939 5 years ago
    Quoted from XQ11:

FINALLY cashed out in Crank It Up mode on Metallica. I’ve choked every time in that mode so far so it was awesome to finally do it.
    [quoted image]

It's about time.

#2940 5 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Well Preston was the #1 qualifying seed in B division. He gets a nice little $250 check for that.
    He ended up finishing in the top 16

Where did you finish up at in A division? Congrats on making it there!

#2941 5 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Where did you finish up at in A division? Congrats on making it there!

I made it as high as #41
    Finished around #144

#2942 5 years ago

Nip-It.
    The game responsible for the Moncla Mafia madness.
    Got one in 1977 and the rest is history

A376484D-9F66-4882-84E3-3575CB91333D (resized).jpegA376484D-9F66-4882-84E3-3575CB91333D (resized).jpeg
    #2943 5 years ago

Though our summer league rages onward (just finished week 7) and we are having fierce competition this season, our fall league is now submitted to the IFPA calendar and posted here on Pinside. Please click on the events section and let us know you’ll be attending the event. If anyone knows someone in our area who may be interested in joining up please let us know:

https://pinside.com/pinball/events/lake-charles-fall-2018-league-2018

#2944 5 years ago

Hi y'all,
    I just finished a 13 state, 50 stops & tons of games delivery route through the mid-west over the last 9 days.
    My next route is running from Texas through Lousianna to Florida and more... & back.

This is the next Game Pick-Up & Delivery route planned:

Anyone buying/selling arcade games, pinball mx's, jukeboxes, toppers, playfields, boxes of parts/mods, other similar sized items & need them picked-up/delivered within a few hundred miles between:
    1. Texas (Austin/Houston/Austin/Dallas/San Antonio) (start route)
    2. Lousianna
    3. Mississippi
    4. Alabama
    5. Georgia
    6. Florida
    7. South Carolina
    8. North Carolina
    9. Then back through those states to Texas
    10. Oklahoma
    11. Texas (end route)

I've packed/shipped over 100 myself & know how to take care of them through the process.

(see latest route/map here - may extend route as more items/locations get added).

Starting in Austin, Tx & going counter-clockwise in the loop.
    Start date determined as truck gets filled up. (maybe around Aug 10 +/- a few days)

PM me if interested. (need to know: what it is, pick-up city/state, delivery city/state).

Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 5.29.58 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-08-02 at 5.29.58 PM (resized).png
    #2945 5 years ago

Awesome I see you are hitting LA twice south then north, there are collectors in both so maybe we will see some pickups and deliveries in your post when you make your trip.

#2946 5 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Awesome I see you are hitting LA twice south then north, there are collectors in both so maybe we will see some pickups and deliveries in your post when you make your trip.

definitely... just need to find some more folks to add games to the trip so it works out for everyone
    a pin/vid collector who cares about these games is much better at taking care of these, than some generic shipping company with accidental forklift drivers.

#2947 5 years ago

labnip If you see anything particularly enticing for a (hopefully) first time pin buyer please let me know. PM me if so - I'll be happy to provide my cell number. I am openly on the hunt for a first pin that is sub $2,000. This is a shameless self-promotion.

#2948 5 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

I've packed/shipped over 100 myself & know how to take care of them through the process.

Your care and service is noted and appreciated lapnip. Driving is a dangerous activity, so be careful out there.
    Though I have not shipped with you labnip, I already have more confidence in you than most motor freight trucking companies.

By the way, how do you keep your cool and not go off doing road rage on some of the a-hole/dumb-arse drivers out there?
    Feel free to share a couple of your road trip stories with us.

Over the years I have always driven and picked up machines I purchased, and for machines I sold I have always worked out pick-up and delivery w/ buyer in a way that didn't involve a trucking company.

My guess is that the majority of damage occurs in the central distribution terminals by some forklift drivers either hurrying too much, be careless, or perhaps sometimes they even do damage on purpose just for kicks (or other ulterior motives we aren't aware of). It seems like most pick-up and delivery drivers try to do a good job and be careful to not cause damage. It would be enlightening for us to see videos of what actually goes down in some of the distribution centers around the country.
    Clarification: Imho the problem is generally only with certain distr centers of certain trucking companies.

#2949 5 years ago
    Quoted from labnip:

I just finished a 13 state, 50 stops & tons of games delivery route through the mid-west over the last 9 days.

Is it true the Hawaiian Tropic Girls tour bus pulled over and the gals asked if you wanted to be their oil-boy for the summer, ...and
    you chuckled and told them: Thanks girls, but I've got to get these pinball machines and arcade games delivered pronto.
    hawaiian_tropic_girls-group_pic (resized).jpghawaiian_tropic_girls-group_pic (resized).jpg

#2950 5 years ago

Your care and service is noted and appreciated lapnip. Driving is a dangerous activity, so be careful out there.
    Though I have not shipped with you labnip, I already have more confidence in you than most motor freight trucking companies.
    By the way, how do you keep your cool and not go off doing road rage on some of the a-hole/dumb-arse drivers out there?

The box truck is massive. It can't speed up quickly or slow down very quickly, so it forces you to drive slow, merge slow & keep a good distance from folks. Honestly, its the low hanging trees at night that sneak up on you

Feel free to share a couple of your road trip stories with us.
    Over the years I have always driven and picked up machines I purchased, and for machines I sold I have always worked out pick-up and delivery w/ buyer in a way that didn't involve a trucking company.
    My guess is that the majority of damage occurs in the central distribution terminals by some forklift drivers either hurrying too much, be careless, or perhaps sometimes they even do damage on purpose just for kicks (or other ulterior motives we aren't aware of). It seems like most pick-up and delivery drivers try to do a good job and be careful to not cause damage. It would be enlightening for us to see videos of what actually goes down in some of the distribution centers around the country.
    Clarification: Imho the problem is generally only with certain distr centers of certain trucking companies.

Street vibrations, pot holes, rail road crossings, curbs during turns, and quick stops tend to effect internal items like loose wires snapping off from weak solder, old caps & batters from reaching final damage point, etc.
    HUB spots are where shipped items often get dropped, fork-lifted to death, or driving into other items. Although, unstable items can get dropped too on truck lift or in/out of rough driveways, paths, doorway steps.

Hope that helps.

I'm big on asking for help & focusing on peoples' safety & the games safety. You can never have too many blankets & straps

There are 5,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 59 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana/page/59 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.