(Topic ID: 161458)

Gulf Coast Pinball Club : SE Texas / SW Louisiana

By TigerLaw

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8864 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8863 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240407_155527588 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155535348 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155543392 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 120.
    #2201 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Oct
    Oct/Nov: dates tbd Houston Arcade & Pinball Expo, Houston, TX
    Oct/Nov: date tbd Oil City Open Pinball Tournament at the Moncla Mafia's place in Beaumont, TX

Also, Jodester is planning to host a Halloween pin tourney at his place for 2018. I’ll leave it to him to expound on it but we have some prizes in mind that will hopefully result in some players coming from further than usual.

As for the next Romp, after TNA #100 ships, I plan to work out the exact date with TheNoTrashCougar and Spooky on number 174 so we can coordinate the calendar for unboxing, Scott’s trip, and tourney. I’m really looking forward to the TNA party.

#2202 6 years ago

Well, PavBall, the baby, and I are off to Oregon. No pinball for us the next few days. Any of you have any big pinball based plans?

#2203 6 years ago

Where in Oregon? I loved the barcade in Lincoln City

#2204 6 years ago
    Quoted from cadmium:

Where in Oregon? I loved the barcade in Lincoln City

Portland. We normally stop by Ground Kontrol a couple times while there but, alas, no time this trip.

#2205 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Well, PavBall, the baby, and I are off to Oregon. No pinball for us the next few days. Any of you have any big pinball based plans?

Installing all the mods we get for Christmas

#2206 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any of you have any big pinball based plans?

I was playing some pinball last night when my wife came out to the game room so we ended up playing some pool. I'm sure the kids will play some pool and pinball tomorrow.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2207 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

I was playing some pinball last night when my wife came out to the game room so we ended up playing some pool. I'm sure the kids will play some pool and pinball tomorrow

Nice game room! I don’t think I’ve seen photos of it before.

#2208 6 years ago

Spending the night at the Myrtles Plantation tonight. Wish us luck!

7BB89D34-6FE3-4BEC-9CB9-5BBCBC3FB930 (resized).jpeg7BB89D34-6FE3-4BEC-9CB9-5BBCBC3FB930 (resized).jpeg

#2209 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

You should check out the gameroom down in the basement.

I heard they have some scary pinball machines (Freddy A Nightmare on Elm Street, Devil's Dare, Gorgar, Haunted House, Grand Lizard, Medusa, Spooky (by Zac), Spirit, Suspense, Vampire, Warlok, and a Ripley's Believe It or Not!).

#2210 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

And if the woman caretaker with the goofy eye tells you they don't have a basement, then reply saying this phrase in a stern voice:

"Toy with me no longer wench, and take me to the cellar".

Then report back to us your experiences.

#2211 6 years ago

I already tried that at The Alamo.

#2212 6 years ago

Merry Christmas GCPC

#2213 6 years ago

Merry Christmas!!!

I hope your presents are all about 250 lbs in a big box!

#2214 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Merry Christmas!!!
    I hope your presents are all about 250 lbs in a big box!

And may your node boards only fail within the warranty period.

#2216 6 years ago

Merry Christmas to all you pinheadz

#2217 6 years ago

Going to flip at Pac-Man Fever on Friday. Time to find that zone again.

#2218 6 years ago

TZ got some color finally.
    #Lovingit

IMG_5110 (resized).JPGIMG_5110 (resized).JPG

#2219 6 years ago

^Not an ordinary DMD.....or an ordinary pinball.

#2220 6 years ago

I've put this everywhere else so maybe someone wants this crap. If these aren't gone soon they will go outside to burn. freefreefree

Anyone want a need for speed cab? The d9200 in it was recapped last year but pc is gone.

Anyone want a skeeball machine? Was a skeeball Lightning, boards/display died when I moved it. Was going to put an raspberry pi in it, but no interest anymore. Come get this thing out of my house or it goes outside to the burn pile.
    It's in Denham Springs
    NO BOARDS/DISPLAY/WIRING......

#2221 6 years ago

February 6th weekly league event for Lake Charles will be Speed location. 5:30pm start time. Four machines will be in play: high deal, AC/DC, Tron LE, Avengers LE. If a machine goes down XMen LE is substitute game.

#2222 6 years ago

Is this correct ^^^^^? Not Royal Flush? Just curious.

#2223 6 years ago

Is this correct ^^^^^? Not Royal Flush? Just curious.

Sorry, you are correct, it is Royal Flush...not High Deal.

#2224 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

February 6th weekly league event for Lake Charles will be speed location. 5:30pm start time. Four machines will be in play: high deal, AC/DC, Tron LE, Avengers LE. If a machine goes down XMen LE is substitute game.

Very interdasting...

Is LOTR out of service Tiger?

#2225 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Is LOTR out of service Tiger?

Speed says it is working also. We want to keep the number of games in the league consistent at four in play week to week.

As an aside, I’m going to go pick up the new office desk on Wednesday that will give us more room for the league at the office. I really hope Catacomb is up at the office by the January 30th league start date...I’m growing ever more concerned it won’t be done in time. Needs a (rather hard to find) VSU 100 board if HEP’s guy can’t repair the one it had.

#2226 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I really hope Catacomb is up at the office by the January 30th league start date...I’m growing ever more concerned it won’t be done in time. Needs a (rather hard to find) VSU 100 board if HEP’s guy can’t repair the one it had.

Ksarcade has it for under 2 bills https://ksarcade.net/stern-speech-synthesizer-vsu-100-a-720.html

#2227 6 years ago

Pinsider NPO came to town today to pick up a game. Great meeting him.

Left to right. Mudflaps, NPO, Nevus, ULMPharmD

E5D8AC1F-97C9-42CC-BD41-5FDD95A09A3E (resized).jpegE5D8AC1F-97C9-42CC-BD41-5FDD95A09A3E (resized).jpeg

#2228 6 years ago

Look at that handsome man and three others.

#2229 6 years ago

Yep, looks to me the Creature is the one with the hottie.

#2230 6 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-wwe-wrestlemania-le-legends-of-wrestlemania-9

Here is a link to my pinball machine currently available for either an out right purchase or a trade plus $ pending on the machine. Im in New Iberia Louisiana.

#2231 6 years ago

Gentlemen: I know I haven't been the most active member of the Gulf Coast Pinball Club. That changes in 2018. I will be hosting my second tourney (I hosted one in 2016) on February 9, 2018. Hope some of you can make it: https://pinside.com/pinball/events/friday-night-special-ii-2018 My wife will be the tourney director, she is tough as nails and will beat people with a wet noodle if they kick the machines in the tourney, you have been warned.

At this time, I do not intend to have any side tourneys. BYOB, BYOF, BYOC (bring your own chicks).

Also, I look forward to hosting the league night on February 6th.

#2232 6 years ago
    Quoted from Speed:

Gentlemen: I know I haven't been the most active member of the Gulf Coast Pinball Club. That changes in 2018. I will be hosting my second tourney (I hosted one in 2016) on February 9, 2018. Hope some of you can make it: https://pinside.com/pinball/events/friday-night-special-ii-2018 My wife will be the tourney director, she is tough as nails and will beat people with a wet noodle if they kick the machines in the tourney, you have been warned.
    At this time, I do not intend to have any side tourneys. BYOB, BYOF, BYOC (bring your own chicks).
    Also, I look forward to hosting the league night on February 6th.

I love that you have "Must be dressed appropriately" as a requirement.
    Has this been a problem in the past? lol.

#2233 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

I love that you have "Must be dressed appropriately" as a requirement.
    Has this been a problem in the past? lol.

You misunderstand me sir. Dressed appropriately means wearing the correct costume:

0cb560d5-5f1d-42ea-a373-8baae5fa6726_750x469 (resized).png0cb560d5-5f1d-42ea-a373-8baae5fa6726_750x469 (resized).png

#2234 6 years ago

Tourney announcement for me as well.

The Red River Replay 3 will be on Feb 24th 2018 in Shreveport at my home.

It will be an IFPA sanctioned tournament with a public listing of the address.

Details are TBA at this time and I haven’t had a chance to seek out a tournament director. Expect the usual main and small side tournament format. As I will be starting a league this year and using the online software Matchplay, I would like to incorporate it into the tournament.

https://matchplay.events/app as recommended by many in our community.

#2235 6 years ago

Hey guys! Been too busy to check in here. Hopefully this year will be less hectic, with more time for pinball. Working in the service industry made for some crazy busy times after the flooding. I've kept in loose contact with Sean (spg) and James (jah). This year I hope to make a few tourneys and buy a newer machine. Hope everyone's 2017 was as good as mine and 2018 is even better!

FB_IMG_1513531899949 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1513531899949 (resized).jpg

#2236 6 years ago

Nice photo.
    Look forward to chatting and playing some pinball with you guys in 2018.

#2237 6 years ago

Got our shaker motor installed in Aerosmith yesterday.
    Has to be one of the most lightly used shaker ever. Very subtle.
    However I hear from people who have tested the new code that it will take the game to new levels of great gameplay.
    Can’t wait till they release it.

#2238 6 years ago

2018 Regional Pinball Events List for GCPC and ArkLaTex Pinball Club (as of 1/1/18)
    Jan 20th: IFPA State Pinball Championships being held in Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas.
    Jan 30th - Mar 13th (Tues nights): Winter league action in Lake Charles, LA in Shreveport, LA.
    Feb 6th (Tues night): Winter league night in Lake Charles, LA held at Speed's place 5:30 pm.
    Feb 9th Fri Night Special II pinball tournament at Speed's place in Lake Charles, LA.
    Feb 24th Red River Replay III Pinball Tournament and Party at Nevus's in Shreveport, LA.
    Dates tbd: Pinball league action in Shreveport, LA in 2018.
    Mar-Apr: date tbd JAHpinWizard's Pinball Tournament and cook-out, sw of Leesville, LA
    Mar: Fri-Sun 16th - 18th Texas Pinball Festival in Frisco, TX (N of Dallas)
    Apr: date tbd Romp in the Swamp Pinball Party & Tournaments and TNA unboxing at TigerLaw's & PavBall's in Lake Charles, LA
    Apr/May: date tbd Shoot Again Shoot-out Pinball Tournament at the Moncla Mafia's place in Beaumont, TX
    May:
    Jun:
    Jul: date tbd 2018 South Louisiana Summer Pinball Tournament & Party at Zukboys near Houma, LA
    Aug:
    Sep: date tbd Red River Replay Pinball Tournament & Party at Nevus's in Shreveport
    Oct: Sat 27th Halloween party & pinball tournament at Jodester's in Lake Charles, LA.
    Oct/Nov: date tbd Oil City Open Pinball Tournament at the Moncla Mafia's place in Beaumont, TX
    Nov
    Dec: date tbd Romp in the Swamp Pinball Party & Tournaments in Lake Charles, LA area

#2239 6 years ago

2018 Regional Pinball Events List for GCPC and ArkLaTex Pinball Club (as of 1/1/18)
    Jan 20th: IFPA State Pinball Championships being held in Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas.
    Jan 30th - Mar 13th (Tues nights): Winter league action in Lake Charles, LA in Shreveport, LA.
    Feb 6th (Tues night): Winter league night in Lake Charles, LA held at Speed's place 5:30 pm.
    Feb 9th Fri Night Special II pinball tournament at Speed's place in Lake Charles, LA.
    Feb 24th Red River Replay III Pinball Tournament and Party at Nevus's in Shreveport, LA.
    Mar-Apr: date tbd JAHpinWizard's Pinball Tournament and cook-out, sw of Leesville, LA
    Mar: Fri-Sun 16th - 18th Texas Pinball Festival in Frisco, TX (N of Dallas)
    Apr: date tbd Romp in the Swamp Pinball Party & Tournaments and TNA unboxing at TigerLaw's & PavBall's in Lake Charles, LA
    Apr/May: date tbd Shoot Again Shoot-out Pinball Tournament at the Moncla Mafia's place in Beaumont, TX
    May:
    Jun:
    Jul: date tbd 2018 South Louisiana Summer Pinball Tournament & Party at Zukboys near Houma, LA
    Aug:
    Sep: date tbd Red River Replay Pinball Tournament & Party at Nevus's in Shreveport
    Oct: Sat 27th Halloween party & pinball tournament at Jodester's in Lake Charles, LA.
    Nov
    Dec: date tbd Romp in the Swamp Pinball Party & Tournaments in Lake Charles, LA area

We have come crazy far in such a short amount of time regarding competitive Pinball in this region. Crazy how many more events we have going now than we did back in 2015.

Thank you to all the tourney hosts, tourney directors, pin doctors who keep the machines running, collectors spouses that open their houses to players, players who travel hours to support events, and of course our IFPA rep who puts a lot of effort and energy into making all this possible.

#2240 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Got our shaker motor installed in Aerosmith yesterday.
    Has to be one of the most lightly used shaker ever. Very subtle.
    However I hear from people who have tested the new code that it will take the game to new levels of great gameplay.
    Can’t wait till they release it.

I have not purchased one yet. I was hoping you would tell me it wowed you...

#2241 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I have not purchased one yet. I was hoping you would tell me it wowed you...

Absolutely no wow on shaker for this game.
    But my mother in law needed something to get me for Christmas.
    It was my only game without one yet.
    I'll let you know if it gets worth it when new code comes.
    Right now it is barely even used.

#2242 6 years ago

Jan 30th - Mar 13th (Tues nights): Winter league action in Lake Charles, LA
    Mar/Apr: date tbd JAHpinWizard's Pinball Tournament and cook-out, sw of Leesville, LA
    Mar: Fri-Sun 16th - 18th Texas Pinball Festival, Frisco, TX (N of Dallas)
    Apr/May: date tbd Romp in the Swamp Pinball Party & Tournaments and TNA unboxing at TigerLaw's & PavBall's in Lake Charles, LA
    Apr 29 (Sun): Shoot Again Shoot-out Pinball Tournament at the Moncla Mafia's place in Beaumont, TX
    May:
    Jun:
    Aug:
    Nov

#2243 6 years ago

Thank you Moncla Mafia for making the drive to LC. PavBall and I will take great care of your WH2O.

A2834A90-4E1A-485B-AFD0-430869CFFE10 (resized).jpegA2834A90-4E1A-485B-AFD0-430869CFFE10 (resized).jpeg

#2244 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thank you Moncla Mafia for making the drive to LC. PavBall and I will take great care of your WH2O.

You are welcome.
    Doctor Who is up and running as well.

IMG_5123 (resized).JPGIMG_5123 (resized).JPG

#2245 6 years ago

Registration Status is now up on IFPA website for upcoming Louisiana State Pinball Championship (and other states and Canada).
    Player status can still possibly change in the next few days, but this is how it is as of now.
    Players can figure out who their first round match is likely to be against based on the seeding/commitments shown.

https://www.ifpapinball.com/champseries/?year=2018&s=LA

1-vs-16, 2-vs-15, 3-vs-14, 4-vs-13, 5-vs-12, 6-vs-11, 7-vs-10, 8-vs-9.

As of now, Chris S. is the last player in the field of 16 for the IFPA 2017-2018 LA State Pinball Championship.
    Wendell is the 1st alternate on standby that has committed to attend, and Kristine is 2nd alternate. Alternates who attend the tournament will make the field of 16 if some higher seeded players can't attend due to unforeseen circumstances that arise before start of tournament (work, family, health, bad weather, dangerous driving conditions, etc.).

Please note that when I sent in my email to IFPA listing players status, I had several more for players further down in the list after Kristine in 22nd spot. I guess when IFPA people were entering all the data, they were in a massive time crunch to just get the more critical data entered for all the states and Canada provinces, so they just entered data in some states till they got at least the main field set and some alternates, or they did not scroll down far enough to see that I had a page 2 in my document.
    So, even if the status by your name shows as Unknown, I already have commitments to attend from:
    Josh L., Jude H., Mike P. (if a place in the field of 16 opens up for him), Kelsey N., Raynna D., Jamie B., and Elizabeth D.).

Congrats to all who qualified for the upcoming Louisiana state championship, and to those who qualified for Texas, Arkansas, and other states.

#2246 6 years ago

Here is how things look as of now for the upcoming Louisiana state championship:

* 2 ladies, Kelly & Pav, made the top 16, and Kristine came fairly close. Congrats lady pinball players.
    * 3 players from North Louisiana will be representing their region this year.
    * 3 players from SW LA (Lake Charles) are in.
    * 5 players from the Beaumont, TX area ---> The Moncla Mafia
    * and some players that are in the field are driving in from Houma, LA, New Orleans, LA, Parks, LA, Leesville, LA, and Houston, TX.
    * Most of the players in the field this year are in ArkLaTex Pinball Club or Gulf Coast Pinball Club, or both.
    * Many of the players also are active here on Pinside.

#2247 6 years ago

Mudflaps,

Everyone is excited that you made the top 16 for the upcoming IFPA LA State Pinball Championship.
    When playing in the tournament, please don't keep machine-gunning the flippers with both hands at the same time.
    It's 2018. You need to get past this.

#2248 6 years ago

Mudflaps,
    Everyone is excited that you made the top 16 for the upcoming IFPA LA State Pinball Championship.
    When playing in the tournament, please don't keep machine-gunning the flippers with both hands at the same time.
    It's 2018. You need to get past this.

After hitting the start button four times, I like to stand around, confused. When someone finally explains how the game works, I plunge and hit both flippers as fast as I can.

Then I win.

#2249 6 years ago

My problem is that I want everyone in the field to do good in the tournament, but I want to do good too.

Thus far, we have had a different player win the Louisiana state pinball championship over the past four to five years.

If I recall correctly, past winners are:
    Eric S.
    Scott H.
    Adrienne B.
    Preston M.

Preston has won both a LA and a TX state championship in the past few years.

Note that players can only play in one IFPA State Pinball Championship tournament each year. Players have to pick which state they are going to compete in, even if they qualified for the top 16 in multiple states. For example, Matt Q. could play in either Texas or Louisiana based on where he finished up in the standings at the end of 2017. Matt decided to play in the upcoming Texas state championship this year.

#2250 6 years ago

To clarify, it is okay to use the switch under the cabinet if your opponent is really playing well?

There are 5,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana/page/45?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.