Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,980 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 35 hours ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8864 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8863 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240407_155527588 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155535348 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155543392 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 120.
    #2151 6 years ago

Is the Asteroid Annie a bonus prize?

The more I look at your AA the more I think that is the nicest backglass in pinball.

#2152 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

I hate to do this but im selling diner if anybody in the club wants it just hit me up id like to keep it in the loop.

Wish we had room for it again.
    Love this pin.

#2153 6 years ago

I'm still pumped from our last tournament. Quin and I had a blast! I was a little loopy from lack of sleep, but still a good time! I just want to play more pinball!!! Oh, I did go out and look at current standings on the IFPA.. I'm currently ranked #33 in Louisiana and 500 in Texas. I may need to work on that. This group is awesome... I still can't get over the tournament trophies. Those were above and beyond.

#2154 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

I'm still pumped from our last tournament. Quin and I had a blast! I was a little loopy from lack of sleep, but still a good time! I just want to play more pinball!!! Oh, I did go out and look at current standings on the IFPA.. I'm currently ranked #33 in Louisiana and 500 in Texas. I may need to work on that. This group is awesome... I still can't get over the tournament trophies. Those were above and beyond.

We just had the last of the BBQ.
    Man that was some amazing stuff sir.
    We brought enough back to share with my whole family.
    I think I am still burping smoke.

#2155 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

I'm currently ranked #33 in Louisiana

You are up to 21 in Louisiana right now it looks like, the events all seem to be posting tonight.

Quoted from Spg101:

This group is awesome... I still can't get over the tournament trophies. Those were above and beyond.

Heck yes! We will do another big tourney at PavBall and I’s place in April after TPF. You should come to TPF in 2018 in Dallas. Always an awesome show!

#2156 6 years ago

It looks like Henry has made the Top 16 by a hair. I assume the results aren’t final until Jan 1, 2018. It would be neat if he were able to compete. I would enjoy coming to the tournament and seeing everyone.

#2157 6 years ago

Results of 3 of the 6 tournaments for Romp IV event are now posted on IFPA site (main, Medusa side, & Varkon side).
    In the next day or two we should hopefully see results posted for the other 3.
    Plus, Lake Charles Fall Pinball League results still have to be posted.
    So, there will be some more shuffling around of positions.

#2158 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Results of 3 of the 6 tournaments for Romp IV event are now posted on IFPA site (main, Medusa side, & Varkon side).
    In the next day or two we should hopefully see results posted for the other 3.
    Plus, Lake Charles Fall Pinball League results still have to be posted.
    So, there will be some more shuffling around of positions

Three more events up on IFPA. Only the league has not posted yet. Henry is still in at No. 16, Wendell is the only threat to pass Henry, he needs 0.75 points and he finished third in the league. Third place in the spring league generated 0.41 points, and the leagues were close to the same size I think so Henry should be in.

#2159 6 years ago

I assume the rankings only come from points earned while playing Louisiana based tournaments?

#2160 6 years ago

Good morning to stay inside and play your games (if you don't have to go to work).

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2161 6 years ago

Snow!! right here in Southtown

IMG_5045 (resized).JPGIMG_5045 (resized).JPG

IMG_5048 (resized).JPGIMG_5048 (resized).JPG

IMG_5047 (resized).JPGIMG_5047 (resized).JPG

IMG_5050 (resized).JPGIMG_5050 (resized).JPG

IMG_5055 (resized).JPGIMG_5055 (resized).JPG

IMG_5057 (resized).JPGIMG_5057 (resized).JPG

IMG_5053 (resized).JPGIMG_5053 (resized).JPG

IMG_5059 (resized).JPGIMG_5059 (resized).JPG

IMG_5060 (resized).JPGIMG_5060 (resized).JPG

#2162 6 years ago

You guys have mini golf at your place?

#2163 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

You guys have mini golf at your place?

Yep. 36 Holes.

#2164 6 years ago

I loved taking my kids mini golfing when they were younger. I should drag there adult rears over there with me and take them mini golfing. Several times I have thought about doing a small course in my yard.

#2165 6 years ago

Heres my little snowman

20171208_112839 (resized).jpg20171208_112839 (resized).jpg

#2166 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Heres my little snowman

Very good for down in Houma, LA. Y'all rarely get enough snow to even make a snowman. I'm sure y'all had fun playing out in the snow.

#2167 6 years ago

Glad you guys enjoyed the snow. Hunting this year we has 6" in just one morning. Would prefer only for hunting....

#2168 6 years ago

IFPA should post the league results soon. I had missed an email from them last week with some questions they had regarding format that I have now responded to.

Catacomb is still not in Lake Charles. Turns out the game was more incomplete than we thought so we had to order more parts for it.

#2169 6 years ago

Nevus let's see some pics of that EBD

#2170 6 years ago

nevus let's see some pics of that EBD

Agreed

#2171 6 years ago

nevus let's see some pics of that EBD

Yea...I heard it was on the way home but still no pics(((

#2172 6 years ago

Pics on Facebook you Hermits!

51850018-9995-42C7-99CE-7D1FBA185384 (resized).jpeg51850018-9995-42C7-99CE-7D1FBA185384 (resized).jpeg

6177FA19-3C74-4E5B-A3C4-CE5CBA6DF4D2 (resized).jpeg6177FA19-3C74-4E5B-A3C4-CE5CBA6DF4D2 (resized).jpeg

0D806B5D-78D9-4A1A-B0F1-D4C36AC9400B (resized).jpeg0D806B5D-78D9-4A1A-B0F1-D4C36AC9400B (resized).jpeg

41C58542-6F3B-42AF-A6B7-ABB837C2FE90 (resized).jpeg41C58542-6F3B-42AF-A6B7-ABB837C2FE90 (resized).jpeg

2A65BC6C-D07C-45B7-8B4E-C9E29292F421 (resized).jpeg2A65BC6C-D07C-45B7-8B4E-C9E29292F421 (resized).jpeg

32FF7A9B-1F28-4381-B0E2-E08AEA358C49 (resized).jpeg32FF7A9B-1F28-4381-B0E2-E08AEA358C49 (resized).jpeg

#2173 6 years ago

So, it looks like the results for the final tournament have posted to IFPA for the top 16 in Louisiana.

For those of you interested, the game lineup is as follows:

Metallica Pro
    TWD Pro
    Tron Pro
    Aerosmith Pro
    Kiss Pro
    The Shadow
    Skateball
    Starship Troopers
    Target Alpha
    Another unknown EM

We will also have a side tourney on The Hobbit. It will be $5 to enter and a nice trophy will go to the winner. (Plus IFPA points)

#2174 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

We will also have a side tourney on The Hobbit. It will be $5 to enter and a nice trophy will go to the winner. (Plus IFPA points)

Event now created on Pinside in the Events section. Scroll down to Jan 20th, 2018.
    Tournament name = Smaug's Revenge Pinball Side Tournament

I also filled out and submitted this side tournament on IFPA website to be listed on IFPA Calendar.
    It should get reviewed/approved/posted in a few days on IFPA website.

I'm already curious to see what Zukboy comes up with for the trophy design for Smaug's Revenge.

#2175 6 years ago

When is the next tournament? I'm still pumped and want to see if I can get the family to help make sausage.. It's not as easy as it sounds.. apparently endured servitude is no longer "a thing".. The sausage is very labor intensive.

#2176 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

So, it looks like the results for the final tournament have posted to IFPA for the top 16 in Louisiana.

Was the league result that people were waiting on the one that is from March 14, 2017, or was there a later one, too?

I'm going to play in LA if someone drops out before the 20th, otherwise up to Dallas I go.

#2177 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

When is the next tournament?

As soon as my TNA is here (I'm number 174) we will do Romp V. My prediction is April. I'm ready for another tourney too.

#2178 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

When is the next tournament? I'm still pumped and want to see if I can get the family to help make sausage.. It's not as easy as it sounds.. apparently endured servitude is no longer "a thing".. The sausage is very labor intensive.

Have Pinball and ready to host any time you Gulf Coasters are up to travel.

Seriously though, I’ll continue to have RRR in September but will probably add a Spring tournament, even if it’s low attendance. We need some more opportunities for North LA area types to compete closer to home anyway.

#2179 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Seriously though, I’ll continue to have RRR in September but will probably add a Spring tournament, even if it’s low attendance. We need some more opportunities for North LA area types to compete closer to home anyway

Yes, a Spring tourney would be awesome. I think attendance will be good for a spring a Shreveport tourney. PavBall and I couldn't make the one being discussed in Spring of this year due to the new baby but we will make a spring tourney in 2018 if you host one.

They have TNA machines over number 50 going on the line now. I think an April tourney in LC is a pretty safe lock. Scott Danesi is going to come to LC when we do the unboxing and have the tourney and combine it with a live feed and what not. After they ship machine number 100 I'll lock in the date with Scott / Spooky.

#2180 6 years ago

Maybe after Mardi Gras (2/13) in Feb 2018. Ill look into it.

TPF is in March and Romp will be in April.

#2181 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Maybe after Mardi Gras (2/13) in Feb 2018. Ill look into it.
    TPF is in March and Romp will be in April.

A Feb tourney in Shreveport would be awesome!

#2182 6 years ago

All this talk about tournament's haz got me excited

#2183 6 years ago

Headin' back to Dallas right now but not before making a stop at @jodester's place in a few. Target Alpha isn't shooting straight... yet.

#2184 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Headin' back to Dallas right now but not before making a stop at jodester's place in a few. Target Alpha isn't shooting straight... yet.

Jodester is about to receive his Jedi training. Have fun my pinball friends.

#2185 6 years ago

Hey TigerLaw. Is Game of Thrones color ready when the code drops on the 21st?
    The photos so far look stunning.
    Makes me wish we still had ours to try it on.

#2186 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Alas, no it is not. Will have to buy a new DMD for it I believe.

#2187 6 years ago
    Quoted from NicoVolta:

Headin' back to Dallas right now but not before making a stop at jodester's place in a few. Target Alpha isn't shooting straight... yet.

Target Alpha is playing great thanks to @nicovolta!!!

20171215_155732[1] (resized).jpg20171215_155732[1] (resized).jpg

#2188 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

The photos so far look stunning.
    Makes me wish we still had ours to try it on.

So, spike games can be done now. Gives me hope for KISS, and GB. I may want to buy an extra ColorDMD for whichever one I end up keeping.

#2189 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Target Alpha is playing great thanks to nicovolta!!!

Nic is the man.
    Nice snag

#2190 6 years ago

We picked up a game at Jody’s today, but he wasn’t home.

#2191 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

We picked up a game at Jody’s today, but he wasn’t home.
    » YouTube video

The upper decker! A classic move!!

#2192 6 years ago

A few small updates for the Yankees of this club, I’m hoping to kickstart a little competitive Pinball in the North LA / ArkLaTex area in 2018.

A new thread and accompanying Facebook page will be started “ArkLaTex Pinball League”
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/arklatex-pinball-league#post-4128201

#2193 6 years ago

Nevus sounds like a early new year pinball resolution.

#2195 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Pics on Facebook you Hermits!

I didn’t take a close look everlier, but holy smokes that is a nice looking game. I really believe each game Keith does he gets better at his craft.

How does it play?

#2196 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I didn’t take a close look everlier, but holy smokes that is a nice looking game. I really believe each game Keith does he gets better at his craft.
    How does it play?

It plays great!

#2197 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

We picked up a game at Jody’s today, but he wasn’t home

I am sorry I missed you guys when you came to Lake Charles. Has the X-Men machine been well received in Shreveport? I love the idea of a Shreveport league and a February tourney, count us in for certain.

#2198 6 years ago

Sorry to miss you as well. I’m looking forward to a fun year!

#2199 6 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

I am sorry I missed you guys when you came to Lake Charles. Has the X-Men machine been well received in Shreveport? I love the idea of a Shreveport league and a February tourney, count us in for certain.

The x-men has been vey well received)

#2200 6 years ago

Prelim 2018 Regional Pinball Events List for GCPC & ArkLaTex Pinball Club (your input requested)

Jan Sat 20th: IFPA State Pinball Championships being held in Arkansas, Louisiana, & Texas.
    Jan-Mar: Winter league action starts in Lake Charles, LA and in Shreveport, LA.
    Feb date tbd (17, 18, 24, or 25th ??) Red River Replay Pinball Tournament & Party at Nevus's in Shreveport
    Feb-Apr: date tbd JAHpinWizard's Pinball Tournament & Cook-out, sw of Leesville, LA
    Mar: Fri-Sun 16th - 18th Texas Pinball Festival in Frisco, TX (N of Dallas)
    Apr: date tbd Romp in the Swamp Pinball Party & Tournaments and TNA unboxing at TigerLaw's & PavBall's in Lake Charles, LA area
    Apr/May: date tbd Shoot Again Shoot-out Pinball Tournament at the Moncla Mafia's place in Beaumont, TX
    May:
    Jun:
    Jul: date tbd 2018 South Louisiana Summer Pinball Tournament & Party at Zukboys near Houma, LA
    Aug:
    Sep: date tbd Red River Replay Pinball Tournament & Party at Nevus's in Shreveport
    Oct: Sat 27th Halloween party & pinball tournament at Jodester's in Lake Charles, LA.
    Oct/Nov: dates tbd Houston Arcade & Pinball Expo, Houston, TX
    Oct/Nov: date tbd Oil City Open Pinball Tournament at the Moncla Mafia's place in Beaumont, TX
    Nov
    Dec: date tbd Romp in the Swamp Pinball Party & Tournaments in Lake Charles, LA area

There are 5,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana/page/44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.