Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,980 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 21 hours ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8864 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8863 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240407_155527588 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155535348 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155543392 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 120.
    #1851 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

A big thank you to everyone with all of your donations to include all of the winners donating all of their winnings we raised $355 dollars yesterday for Allen and his family thank you all.

Amazing.
    What a great group.
    Looks like our tournament here in Beaumont will not be happening Oct 1st for sure. We are still a week out from FEMA getting to us to even let us know what can be replaced.
    We had to have State Farm come out first and that took forever as well.
    So look for a reschedule to sometime in Nov probably.

#1852 6 years ago

Good times ahead.

October - HAAG
    November - Moncla's ?
    December - Romp in LC.

#1853 6 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I'm open that weekend. Saturday is much better for me than Sunday.

Saturday, December 2nd it tentatively is then. Will get with pinball-is-great, Jodester, and PavBall over the next couple weeks and get the specific event format planned out.

#1854 6 years ago

Had a great time everyone! Great to see all of you. Thanks again for hosting Nevus!

#1855 6 years ago

Had a great time Nevus! Sorry I clogged your toilet.

#1856 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Had a great time Nevus! Sorry I clogged your toilet.

Lol droppin bombs

#1857 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Saturday, December 2nd it tentatively is then. Will get with pinball-is-great, Jodester, and PavBall over the next couple weeks and get the specific event format planned out.

That day works for me also

#1858 6 years ago

Some misc photos from RRR...

20170916_150608[2] (resized).jpg20170916_150608[2] (resized).jpg

20170916_150705[1] (resized).jpg20170916_150705[1] (resized).jpg

20170916_150718[1] (resized).jpg20170916_150718[1] (resized).jpg

20170916_150730[1] (resized).jpg20170916_150730[1] (resized).jpg

20170916_150809[1] (resized).jpg20170916_150809[1] (resized).jpg

20170916_222936[1] (resized).jpg20170916_222936[1] (resized).jpg

#1859 6 years ago

I was in the bathroom during all of those pictures.

#1860 6 years ago

It's hard to tell if Mudflaps is proud of himself or embarrassed.
    And he didn't add the little sarcasm or kidding emo, so I guess it's true.

#1861 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

It's hard to tell if Mudflaps is proud of himself or embarrassed.
    And he didn't add the little sarcasm or kidding emo, so I guess it's true.

I only use the emoticons when I want to wink at someone in real life

#1862 6 years ago

The story of some Louisiana pinball people saving a lowly 1984 Bally Black Pyramid pinball machine.

Around 5 yrs ago Pinsider Pinmike in NW LA (Bossier City I believe) was getting rid of an old beat up project pin called Black Pyramid. Perhaps he was getting ready to move to Michigan, and trying to get rid of some stuff to ease the loading & moving task. He may have hurt his back around that time and didn't feel like lugging project pins all over the place. So the price was right (free), and it got some interest, partly because we don't even find many machines available for sale in Louisiana.

Nevus didn't particularly want it for himself, but he lived somewhat near by, so he jumped on it, picked it up, thanked Pinmike, and put it in his storage space. This gave time for Nevus to see if he wanted to fix it up, or let another member of our young Ark-La-Tex Pinball Club take it on as a project.

More time goes by, and Nevus wants to get it out of his storage space, so he offers to let me have it as I had expressed interest earlier on. I ended up picking it up from Nevus on my way home to south LA from a trip to Indiana to visit family. Price = free. Thanks Nevus!

After I got it home I eventually set it up and looked it over. Noticed that the backglass was in very nice condition, but the cabinet was really rough from years out on location I guess. Seemed like most of the boards were there, but it wasn't working as I recall. You can tell the coin door had been damaged from someone prying open the coin door and bending the edge pretty bad. Well, I looked at it, ordered some playfield parts for it in prep for shopping it out, but then lost interest and never really worked on it much. So, it sat at my place a year or two I guess.

Eventually, I ended up giving the machine and the parts to Jodester with the intention that we try to keep it within our ArkLaTex Pinball Club circle of friends. If we get it going as a decent player's condition machine, then we perhaps could use it as a machine to bring to pinball expos and festivals to put in the free play area. Price was right and Jodester was getting better working on machines, so he wanted to see what he could do with it.

Machine stayed at Jodester's for a while. He had other machines coming in and going out, but only had a small work space in the garage at the time. More time goes by, Jodester strips the playfield, tinkers with it, troubleshoots some stuff, etc. Jodester notices that some mechanical parts for the inline drop target assembly are missing, and finds there are electrical problems, etc. So interest level is fading. Jodester eventually sells it and another 80's Bally machine to JAHpinWizard in a package deal for a decent price.

So now the Black Pyramid is still not working right, and has moved all over the state of Louisiana, but at least it hasn't been parted-out or thrown away. So now the machine is hanging out in the Leesville, LA area, and JAHpinWizard saves the day and gets it repaired and working. He can fill us in better with details, but basically he found/installed needed parts for the inline drop targets, replaced/repaired some of the electronic boards, finished shop out job on playfield, fixed moving center target, touched up the cabinet a bit, etc.

On the way driving from Nevus's Red River Replay pinball party and tournament in Shreveport this past weekend to Lake Charles, LA area to drop off a Target Alpha e-m pinball machine to Jodester, I had time to stop by JAHpinWizard's place to check out his gameroom building and see his collection.

Hey, what a nice surprise! There's that old Black Pyramid pin sitting in a row of 4 machines. He filled me in about it, and we played a game or two. Cool. Way to go JAH. Hope the machine stays in the Louisiana area for several more years.

BlackPyramid-working-James-Sep2017 (resized).jpgBlackPyramid-working-James-Sep2017 (resized).jpg

#1863 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I was in the bathroom during all of those pictures.

Mudflaps,

Perhaps you should have eaten Nevus's wonderful smoked beef brisket instead of going with the fish.
    Airplane-I'll_have_the_fish (resized).jpgAirplane-I'll_have_the_fish (resized).jpg
    who_had_fish_for_dinner-Airplane (resized).jpgwho_had_fish_for_dinner-Airplane (resized).jpg

#1864 6 years ago

"What was it we had for dinner tonight?"

"Well, we had a choice, steak or fish."

"Yes, yes, I remember. I had lasagna."

#1865 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Some misc photos from RRR

What an amazing and diverse collection Nevus has assembled. Super rare games like BBB. Three amazing EM titles. 90's games, modern games. A spooky game. An oddball 90's game like Safe Cracker. Lots of different designers represented. Just simply superb.

#1866 6 years ago

Not long after getting into the hobby some of my Texas pinball freinds told me if you want to learn to work on a pinball machine you just buy a few of them. So true in my case I don't buy new games and most I have bought weren't working when I got them. A few where working but not to many. Mike even caught me in the garage tinkering with my new toy and took and sent me this pic. I'm still learning and some times I get lost or frustrated on a repair but there are a lot of helpful pinballerz out there who will help.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1867 6 years ago

Indeed! Great host. Great competition. Great TD. Great food. Thanks, Nevus! Here's a couple more pix.

playing (resized).jpgplaying (resized).jpg

explaining (resized).jpgexplaining (resized).jpg

#1868 6 years ago

As long as we're doing Airplane! quotes... so many... but one of the best has GOT to be Barbara Billingsley -- Beaver's mom -- saying "Oh, stewardess, I speak Jive." I still remember spitting out my drink!

15931146721_17f4d143bb_o (resized).jpg15931146721_17f4d143bb_o (resized).jpg

#1869 6 years ago

Thanks for the great time folks!

#1870 6 years ago

Don't forget PinMike is part of the EPIC "Bottom Boys" thread.

#1871 6 years ago
    Quoted from povertybypinball:

Thanks for the great time folks!

It was great meeting you. PavBall and I hope you and your wife can make it to Lake Charles for the December 2nd tourney!

#1872 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

PavBall, Jodester and I have been chatting about a year end tourney. We are thinking about Romp in the Swamp IV on either December 2 (Saturday) or 3 (Sunday).
    What are everyone's initial thoughts?

Nevus said:

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm open that weekend. Saturday is much better for me than Sunday.

Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sunday would be better for me due to conflicting fun stuff to do that weekend, but I can probably make it on Sat Dec 2nd if you don't start too early.
    MLV

#1873 6 years ago

Looks like a great time! Wish we could have. Been there. I need to find some time to make some more sausage, work has been brutal.

#1874 6 years ago

We are rescheduling Oil City Open to Sunday Nov. 5th
    Hopefully most of you can still make it.
    So you can free up Oct 1t from your calendars.

#1875 6 years ago

Sounds good Arcade.
    Sun Nov 5th weekend is the time change.
    Fall back is usually better received than Spring fwd.

#1876 6 years ago

Looking forward to the next one! I had a total blast and promise not to flake and leave early next time.

#1877 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Looking forward to the next one! I had a total blast and promise not to flake and leave early next time.

Did you leave early? We just thought you were in the bathroom.

#1878 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Looks like a great time! Wish we could have. Been there. I need to find some time to make some more sausage, work has been brutal

I hope you and your son can join us on December 2nd again in Lake Charles. Had such a great turn out last time and gosh the food was good!!!!

#1879 6 years ago

Red River Replay ==> pinball party with 2 tournaments
    Thanks Nevus. It was a great party.
    I was too busy with the tournaments to sit and watch LSU lose to Miss St in football. Guess I didn't miss too much.

Side Tournament: Pin-golf
    Initial round was 9 holes (9 different machines). 16 players entered.
    Top 4 players (plus ties) with the lowest total 9-hole pingolf scores made the play-offs.
    Play-off round was 3 holes (3 different machines, selected via random draw).
    Top 2 players with the lowest total 3-hole pingolf scores in play-off round made it to the finals.
    The finals round was also 3 holes.

*** Pin-golf results of top finishers:
    Initial Round of 9 holes, (16) players entered:
    These 5 made it to the play-offs round: Jodester, Zukboy, TigerLaw, Mudflaps, & Henry
    Top 2 then made it to the finals round (TigerLaw and Zukboy).
    TigerLaw won the Pin-golf tournament.
    Zukboy finished in 2nd place
    Mudflaps and Jodester finished tied for 3rd
    Henry got 5th place.

Results have been submitted to IFPA, so full tournament results for both tournaments should get posted to IFPA site in a few days.

Main Tournament: (16) Players entered, random seeding.
    Double Elimination format, best of 5 game matches on winners side of the bracket, best of 3 game matches on losers side.
    Jodester was hot and stayed on the winners side of the bracket the entire tournament.
    TigerLaw lost in the 1st round to Jodester, then kept winning and worked his way all the way up through the losers side of the bracket and back to a re-match with Jodester in the finals. ...and Jodester won the main tournament.
    Results of top finishers:
    Jodester 1st
    TigerLaw 2nd
    Zukboy 3rd
    JAHpinWizard 4th
    Pavball 5th

#1880 6 years ago

Allen says thank you to everyone.

#1881 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Red River Replay ==> pinball party with 2 tournaments
    Thanks Nevus. It was a great party.
    I was too busy with the tournaments to sit and watch LSU lose to Miss St in football. Guess I didn't miss too much.

Meant to say, Pinball-is-great, that once again you did a flawless job as Tourney director. Thank you for all you do for Pinball in the state of Louisiana.

#1882 6 years ago

Charlie Robinson, the local operator here is looking to buy older games for his routes.

He frequently asks me if I know of any pinballs for sale. If you have a game and are having trouble selling it, he's your guy. Words like clear coating, powder coating and mint have no meaning to him. He likes older and simpler games. He's really nice and pays cash.

Charlie Robinson
    (318) 218-7941

#1883 6 years ago

HAAG pre party at Lone Star Pinball Museum last night

#1884 6 years ago

Still no IFPA points from the Red River Replay. My guess is they post tomorrow.

#1885 6 years ago

Scores are up from Red River Replay gang.

#1886 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Still no IFPA points from the Red River Replay. My guess is they post tomorrow.

They have posted...

#1888 6 years ago

I'm happy to say Romp in the Swamp IV will once again feature the food of the greatest meat smoker I've ever met, none other than Spg101

#1889 6 years ago

Posting this here first to try and keep this great game local.
    Going to sell our 1961 Gottlieb Flipper Parade. Asking $550
    This game is in great shape and plays great. Even the nickle coin slot works perfectly.
    Here are a ton of photos of the game. We got this one with a Williams A-Go-Go but can't keep both.
    I will wait a bit before posting it up for sale on the other places.

IMG_4054 (resized).JPGIMG_4054 (resized).JPGIMG_4055 (resized).JPGIMG_4055 (resized).JPGIMG_4056 (resized).JPGIMG_4056 (resized).JPGIMG_4057 (resized).JPGIMG_4057 (resized).JPGIMG_4058 (resized).JPGIMG_4058 (resized).JPGIMG_4059 (resized).JPGIMG_4059 (resized).JPGIMG_4060 (resized).JPGIMG_4060 (resized).JPGIMG_4061 (resized).JPGIMG_4061 (resized).JPGIMG_4062 (resized).JPGIMG_4062 (resized).JPGIMG_4063 (resized).JPGIMG_4063 (resized).JPG

Added over 7 years ago: Game is sold

#1890 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Going to sell our 1961 Gottlieb Flipper Parade. Asking $550

Is that really a 10 ball game?

#1891 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is that really a 10 ball game?

Can be if you are good enough.
    It is an add-a-ball game.

#1892 6 years ago

Tiger,

Yup I'm planning on doing some pulled pork and sausage! Too much to do to hit every tournament, but we've been having fun with everyone down here. I asked my son if he wants to go back to your house and he looks at me and says Duh dad!

#1893 6 years ago

TigerLaw,

We understand you turned 40 yrs old this past weekend.
    Tell us, how does it feel?
    news_reporter (resized).jpgnews_reporter (resized).jpg

#1894 6 years ago

Anyone interested in my vintage reissue skateboard deck collection? All are in mint condition

20170928_201336 (resized).jpg20170928_201336 (resized).jpg

20170928_201321 (resized).jpg20170928_201321 (resized).jpg

#1895 6 years ago

Having a beer and fixing some pesky LEDs. What’re ya’ll up to?

55269EAE-FEC9-483C-B59D-07EAD5882218 (resized).jpeg55269EAE-FEC9-483C-B59D-07EAD5882218 (resized).jpeg

#1896 6 years ago

Mama said foosball is the devils game (we are the devils). This is what we do in Friday nights

#1897 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

PavBall and I just got back from watching IT. Highly recommended movie if you like horror/sci fi movies.

#1898 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Not much with pinball because our games are scattered everywhere while we wait to re carpet the house.

#1899 6 years ago

2 weeks to go. See you at HAAG expo?

#1900 6 years ago

Both Full Throttle and Flipper Parade are now sold.
    Certainly needed the space.
    Amazing how fast these things can pile up.

There are 5,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana/page/38?hl=spg101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.