3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,466 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,902 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

95AE9B40-6FF9-481B-8A82-9B457D6F0440 (resized).jpeg
    0DF276D1-84CE-4A8F-84CE-1DE54709314F (resized).jpeg
    63FD66E9-F450-42E2-B5A2-AC46D80F9A96 (resized).png
    39441C52-E5DB-4046-B9E7-F4F9911A09BA (resized).jpeg
    8836AFBA-8365-4CD7-A650-7C9FE4EAC180 (resized).jpeg
    E385BDF0-59D0-4F30-9F9A-9B2392470ABC (resized).jpeg
    540D0FA5-D22C-4A85-9CA5-2A169968984C (resized).jpeg
    87FC02F4-F5FA-4074-A7EA-B830A505D483 (resized).jpeg
    3F2E31BA-0DF2-4746-8F37-6A15DC23D8DD (resized).jpeg
    D0CF16ED-51B7-4D90-967E-F02ACB284F6B (resized).jpeg
    3643EF0E-9103-4B1F-ACEE-25AA8EED0558 (resized).jpeg
    F167DDE5-1EEF-4760-A48D-9C61F02E5800 (resized).jpeg
    53287FF6-0961-48DD-A154-1844131B7974 (resized).jpeg
    IMDN3 (resized).jpg
    IMDN2 (resized).jpg
    IMDN1 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4466 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 90.
    #1451 2 years ago

looks great

#1452 2 years ago

Just giving the thread some luv

#1453 2 years ago

So, I got a repreive to play pinball today while in Seattle.Took an Uber to the Seattle Pinball Museum. Seth came along but regretted his decision after 4 hours.

HUO Paragon somebody donated to museum. Cab was amazing. Got to play a lot of Dialed In, Hobbit, and Batman 66.

Games were in better shape than most of the other arcades I have visited. Very nice service tech there that shared some repair stories with me.

20170601_121858 (resized).jpg

20170601_131301 (resized).jpg

20170601_131544 (resized).jpg

20170601_151919 (resized).jpg

20170601_143938 (resized).jpg

20170601_130127 (resized).jpg

20170601_122757 (resized).jpg

20170601_123922 (resized).jpg

20170601_131259 (resized).jpg

#1454 2 years ago

Sweet, Seattle is a crazy town. I covered Washington, Oregon and Alaska at one point. Would love to play some of those games.

#1455 2 years ago

Great post Jodester.

#1456 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Sweet, Seattle is a crazy town. I covered Washington, Oregon and Alaska at one point. Would love to play some of those games.

There are a bunch of bars that have machines in this area. It seems to be a great city for pinball.

#1457 2 years ago

Canton TX first Monday trade days

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#1458 2 years ago

Well hello Pinball machines what are you doing here? To bad I came in a car or I would have tried to buy and save you (if I had came in my truck).

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#1459 2 years ago

So I will just stock up on some more beer signs for now.

image (resized).jpeg

#1460 2 years ago

What's everyone up to this Saturday afternoon?

#1461 2 years ago

All day in the car. Binging my son home from school in Illinois.

#1462 2 years ago

Uhg, working...

#1463 2 years ago

Day 2 at Canton TX more beer signs now headed home stoping in Longview to eat and going to stop tomorrow and see the grandson in Shrevport.

#1464 2 years ago

Just put a new high score on my TAF (regular roms):

IMG_4600 (resized).JPG

#1465 2 years ago

This what I be doing lol

image (resized).jpg

#1466 2 years ago

Pinbot great game

#1467 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Canton TX first Monday trade days

That's pretty awesome! The minion dude is cool. Were those pins salvageable?

#1468 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

So, I got a repreive to play pinball today while in Seattle.Took an Uber to the Seattle Pinball Museum. Seth came along but regretted his decision after 4 hours.
    HUO Paragon somebody donated to museum. Cab was amazing. Got to play a lot of Dialed In, Hobbit, and Batman 66.
    Games were in better shape than most of the other arcades I have visited. Very nice service tech there that shared some repair stories with me.

Which was your favorite JJP game?

#1469 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Which was your favorite JJP game?

Lets just say I have a new appreciation for the Hobbit. I liked Dialed In a bunch but the game felt different quality wise than Hobbit and WOZ. The displays are way better on TH and DI than on WOZ. (Maybe just from age?) I recommend Cliffys on all the outholes on any JJP game. All 3 showed much more wear than the Sterns sitting right next to them.

#1470 2 years ago

I've been super busy with work lately but picked this up off CL yesterday.

20170602_194622 (resized).jpg

#1471 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Lets just say I have a new appreciation for the Hobbit. I liked Dialed In a bunch but the game felt different quality wise than Hobbit and WOZ. T

The DI being a prototype model that's been traveling the country likely gives it a different feel than a fresh production game will have.

Gosh! I'm jealous you got to go there! That's been on our short list for a long time.

#1472 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The DI being a prototype model that's been traveling the country likely gives it a different feel than a fresh production game will have.
    Gosh! I'm jealous you got to go there! That's been on our short list for a long time.

Well worth the price of admission.

#1473 2 years ago

Just got back from our week long cruise in the Bahamas.
    No pinball, but I can't say we missed it much.
    We went to a private island, St. Thomas, Grand Turk, and Puerto Rico.
    Some of the best snorkeling and food ever, not to mention the views.

IMG_3862 (resized).JPG

IMG_3858 (resized).JPG

IMG_3866 (resized).JPG

#1474 2 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

Nice Leaky.
    I haven't seen one of those in years. I now recall playing one as a teenager back in the 70's up in Indiana.
    Would be great if you could bring it to the Hou Expo, Oct 20-21, or to a more local pinball party/tournament this year.

I checked through the games list for past 5 years of TPF, and this pin was not listed, nor was one brought to last years Hou Arcade and Pinball Expo.

Not a rare pin, as over 3200 were produced back in 1968. Unknown how many of those 3200 are still around??

#1475 2 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

Leaky, how is the cabinet? Looked like it had been repainted. I was watching this one for a while now. Still showing on CL if it's the same one. They mentioned weak flippers. Keep us updated.

#1476 2 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Nice Leaky.
    I haven't seen one of those in years. I now recall playing one as a teenager back in the 70's up in Indiana.
    Would be great if you could bring it to the Hou Expo, Oct 20-21, or to a more local pinball party/tournament this year.
    I checked through the games list for past 5 years of TPF, and this pin was not listed, nor was one brought to last years Hou Arcade and Pinball Expo.
    Not a rare pin, as over 3200 were produced back in 1968. Unknown how many of those 3200 are still around??

Haven't seen too many posts on here about them either. Other than a few mechanical issues that I have figured out... the only bad thing is some idiot repainted the cab gray.... and not just any gray, a textured like rhino gaurd gray. I might swap it with another 68 williams cab and repaint it to match Lady Luck.

#1477 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Leaky, how is the cabinet? Looked like it had been repainted. I was watching this one for a while now. Still showing on CL if it's the same one. They mentioned weak flippers. Keep us updated.

See above post and the week flippers were broken end of stroke switches. Easy fix on those wasn't too worried about the cab, as I have an alternative one.

#1478 2 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

Haven't seen too many posts on here about them either. Other than a few mechanical issues that I have figured out... the only bad thing is some idiot repainted the cab gray.... and not just any gray, a textured like rhino gaurd gray. I might swap it with another 68 williams cab and repaint it to match Lady Luck.

That's what I thought I saw in the pictures, there were no good side shots in the ad. I don't have an extra cab and my wife would have gone spider-monkey on me if I bought another one right now.

#1479 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

That's what I thought I saw in the pictures, there were no good side shots in the ad. I don't have an extra cab and my wife would have gone spider-monkey on me if I bought another one right now.

I got it as a "father's day present" hahahahahahahahahahahaah

#1480 2 years ago

Well I cleaned up the playfield on Solar Ride, it did brighten it up a bit but didn't go deep enough. I'm afraid if I go any further I'll have bare wood. Still some swirl marks in it. Plays fast as heck though after polishing and waxing again.

IMG_1003 (resized).JPG

#1481 2 years ago

I looked back at this pic a couple of times and still looks better than it does in person. It's missing the tilt and I set it up steep. Really fun to play, just simple objectives.

#1482 2 years ago

Getting ready to go live with Twilight Zone tonight.
    Www.twitch.tv/thepinballmafia

IMG_0029 (resized).JPG

#1483 2 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Hey Seth, I just saw that a BBQ place in Tomball made Texas Monthlys top 10.
    It is called the Tejas Chocolate Craftery.
    Have you tried it yet?

I just had it this weekend. Awesome!

#1484 2 years ago

So last night I went through my lady luck, it had a pop bumper that wasn't working and was stuck on 2 player always. With a little pinside help I figured out that the 2nd coin relay (has a latch coil and release coil) had a bracket installed incorrectly. Adjusted that and now when I push start button once I can play a 1 player game and twice a two player game. Imagine that?!? The pop bumper was easy enough for me to figure out with a quick spoon adjustment and contact cleaning. 100% working. Now to tackle the cab replacement/repaint.

#1485 2 years ago

June 18th is slowly creeping up on us. I'm really looking forward to this tourney.

Anyone up for bringing a big pot of home made beans or rolls? I'm going to get a big vat of potato salad.

Also, we will have some ice chests set up if people want to bring beer.

If you have never been to our house, but are coming to the event, please let me know. Any friend of our friends are welcome (if you are in the Gulf Coast Club you are of course welcome), but we want to get a good idea on numbers. Parking at my house is the big challenge, a challenge we will work out.

#1486 2 years ago

Still talking to the old lady about next weekend. The only problem may be Father's Day plans.

It's a tradition that I sit on the couch all day, drink beer, and bore my kids with stories about how cool I used to be.

#1487 2 years ago

i will bring rolls. i think a few other houston players will be there, but i don't know the exact number right now.

#1488 2 years ago

I wish I could make it, Tiger. Another time.

#1489 2 years ago

Tiger I maybe able to do some baked beans and bring to the tournament along with the EM. I cook them in my smoker so they should go really good with the brisket. My only issue is time we have a wedding to go to Saturday and I plan to leave my house early Sunday morning so we can get them EM set up at your place Pre the tournament.

#1490 2 years ago

Baked beans are taken care of ether going to put themy on the smoker when we get home from the wedding reception or get up early and start them. Ether way I'll bring them (smoked bake beens).

#1491 2 years ago

Tonight will be a new EM.
    A-Go-Go
    Tune in to see a cool 4 flipper game with a roulette wheel.
    Again the music will be our own local Lazerhawk.
    Www.twitch.tv/thepinballmafia

IMG_3882 (resized).JPG

IMG_3894 (resized).JPG

#1492 2 years ago

Quicksilver will be here on Wednesday, just in time for the tourney. From the pictures this looks like a amazing work from Keith:

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1493 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Quicksilver will be here on Wednesday, just in time for the tourney. From the pictures this looks like a amazing work from Keith:

Looking fwd to seeing this up close and playing it. Initial look is quite impressive. Go Classic Stern!

#1494 2 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Baked beans are taken care of

Thanks JAH for bringing food and a e-m machine.

I'm bringing some liquid refreshments, and I made some copies of score sheets that can be used by players to record scores during tournaments if they want to.

#1495 2 years ago

Anyone's game room around 16'x30'?? trying to see how big the space is...

#1496 2 years ago

My building is 30' wide. So add the main game room plus the little work room next to it where I had safecracker at the tournament.

#1497 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

It looks great. Keith told me he would start on my EBD about 3 months after TPF. Hopefully soon!

#1498 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

My building is 30' wide. So add the main game room plus the little work room next to it where I had safecracker at the tournament.

Never been to your place so no clue lol... How long is it?

#1499 2 years ago
    Quoted from spanks_4:

Anyone's game room around 16'x30'?? trying to see how big the space is...

Mine is a little over 16' wide by 30' inside diameter. If you're going portable building route keep in mind they normally go by outside diameter so a 16' wide isn't going to be 16 on the inside. You can go to my profile and look at my game room pics to get an idea of what space that will give you my door placement prevented me from putting 6 pins on my back wall so I have 5 and an arcade game where you see 3 pins I now have 4 there, plus a pool table.

#1500 2 years ago
    Quoted from spanks_4:

Never been to your place so no clue lol... How long is it?

Oops sry. My game room is roughly 20 x 14. 7 pins close together on the side with no door.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 159.00
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.00
    $ 27.99
    $ 19.99
    Cabinet - Other
    Bent Mods
    $ 49.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 2.50
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 209.99
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 100.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 279.00
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    T-shirt- Grey Color Out of stock
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 10.95
    $ 22.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 219.00
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 154.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    There are 4466 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 90.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside