Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,968 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 hours ago by Nevus
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7788 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7787 (resized).jpeg
    DSCN3550 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3547 (resized).JPG
    DSCN3553 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 120.
    #101 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

And for those of you who have been to our gameroom here at the house, here are some early days shots of what our lineup used to look like before we even knew you could have tournaments or pinball parties.
    Notice the old paneling from the early days before the hurricane destroyed the room.

I am looking at that lineup with Indy, WW, STTNG, Totan and I am floored. Awesome pics!

#102 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I am looking at that lineup with Indy, WW, STTNG, Totan and I am floored. Awesome pics!

I'm just surprised Preston didn't have a beard in the photos!

#103 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm just surprised Preston didn't have a beard in the photos!

untitled_(resized).pnguntitled_(resized).png

#104 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Yea.
    We have always had more pinballs then we have space for or money to keep them.
    If we could have kept all, of the over 100 games we have owned over the years our collection would be very impressive.
    A lot of those we would love to have back right now, but we had to eat and send our kids to school. lol
    I will try and dig up some more old photos later.

Here is a fun one.
    How many people keep a pin out in the middle of their yard? We did.

Comet_in_the_yard_(resized).JPGComet_in_the_yard_(resized).JPG

#105 7 years ago

looks like Cyclone, I have that game... Except mine sheded its paint.

#106 7 years ago

Photo filename says Comet, which is in the same series of 3 with theme park theme, correct?

#107 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Photo filename says Comet, which is in the same series of 3 with theme park theme, correct?

Yep I missed that so the real question is how long did it stay in the middle of the yard and did it get played in the yard? I once bought a cocktail pin and played it in my van before I pulled it out when I got it home.

#108 7 years ago

It was indeed a Comet.
    It was 1 of 2 that we owned.
    One of them sacrificed its life for the other.
    We used to store them in our barn until we had time to work on them.
    So we were young and would just carry them two houses down. This was just a temporary resting spot.

#109 7 years ago

Came across a few more that I had already scanned in the past.
    Just look how young we were. lol
    All of these pins were free!!!!
    We rescued them from a local route operator that was going out of business and had them stored under a covered outdoor shed.
    Also shown is the barn we stored them in until such a time as we could restore them. All of them made it except the Hollywood. All the parts on it were toast.

IMG_(resized).jpgIMG_(resized).jpg

IMG_0001_(resized).jpgIMG_0001_(resized).jpg

IMG_0002_(resized).jpgIMG_0002_(resized).jpg

IMG_0003_(resized).jpgIMG_0003_(resized).jpg

IMG_0004_(resized).jpgIMG_0004_(resized).jpg

IMG_0005_(resized).jpgIMG_0005_(resized).jpg

#110 7 years ago

Great classic photos. Thanks for sharing.
    The 2nd & 3rd pic, sorta look like you guys are gettin ready to do a TNT Amusement video and chuck the pins off the end of the truck. J/k.

#111 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Great classic photos. Thanks for sharing.
    The 2nd & 3rd pic, sorta look like you guys are gettin ready to do a TNT Amusement video and chuck the pins off the end of the truck. J/k.

Yes it does.
    That was our first Captain Fantastic of two
    And our first Twin Win of two.
    Of course you have the second Twin Win now.

#112 7 years ago

i thought that was my hollywood for a second. i was going to put the photo on the apron

#113 7 years ago
    Quoted from Noahs_Arcade:

i thought that was my hollywood for a second. i was going to put the photo on the apron

Totally different Hollywood.
    The playfield on this one had really bad water damage.

#114 7 years ago

Just brought this bad boy home!!

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#115 7 years ago

Here is a link to info on a pinball tournament in mid July (Sat 16th) in Houma, LA.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/115051738917517/
    See events at Gulf Coast Pinball Club on Facebook, and/or event is registered on IFPA Pinball website.

2016 South Louisiana Summer Pinball Tournament:
    Tournament starts at 2:00PM you can start arriving around 12:00PM to practice. Drinks and snacks will be provided but you are welcome to bring your own. Tournament format is Double elimination, best 3 out of 5 matches. Entry fee is $20.00 Prize money for 1st 2nd 3rd place. Machines will be set on free play at private location. Will be a IFPA points Tournament.

This tournament is closer for the New Orleans area folks, so perhaps it will work out that some NOLA area pinball players will be able to make it, and be able to hang out and visit at the party afterwards.

#116 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Just brought this bad boy home!!

Love the X-Men. Looks fantastic.
    And lets see some photos of Whitewater even if you are still working on it.

Would love to make the tourney but I think it is the same weekend as an Auction I have to go to in Dallas.
    We have a bunch of redemption games in storage that we really need to get rid of for space and the auction is that Saturday.

#117 7 years ago

Found this in another thread and thought you guys would care to see it.
    This is Tigerlaw's refinery edition Metallica just finished.
    His is the one on the far left/front.
    It has the LSU purple and yellow on Sparky and the black light bars for the side art to light up with the flashers.
    Should be a blast to play.

Tigerlaw_Refinery_Edition._(resized).jpgTigerlaw_Refinery_Edition._(resized).jpg

#119 7 years ago

Is that Tiger's X-men? Looks good!

#120 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Is that Tiger's X-men?

Heck no! Tiger's XMen is bolted to the floor. Check my personal Pinside machine rankings.

Yea, it does look amazing. Can't wait to go to Houma next and snag the GC score on it.

#121 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

This is Tigerlaw's refinery edition Metallica just finished.
    His is the one on the far left/front.

Yep, and it will be here on Monday!!! Can't wait for you guys to come by for a visit next!!!

#122 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep, and it will be here on Monday!!! Can't wait for you guys to come by for a visit next!!!

It looks beautiful, but very expensive. Let me unburden you with a slight geographic relocation of SafeCracker...

#123 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Let me unburden you with a slight geographic relocation of SafeCracker...

SC has been getting a lot of love lately at our house. It is a top 3 game for PavBall, and the guests all freak out with it...especially the kids...though our token count is dropping fast!

I'll be having a side tournament on August 13th with Safe Cracker: one game for each participant - Assault the Vault wizard mode with a token. Top two scores have a head to head side tournament championship game on Varkon with winner take all.

#124 7 years ago

Yeah it's a fun game. I like banter about it, but really I can wait until one finds me. I really enjoy the coming and going and I've already had a good bit of traffic for 2016. I need to chill a little and enjoy.

BTW, I'm heading down most likely the day after the tournament on the 17th for a swap with Jody.

#125 7 years ago

Just got a new crystal clear ramp for Whitewater.
    Looks oh so good.
    Now we can see the ball in the whirlpool much much better.

#126 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Just got a new crystal clear ramp for Whitewater.
    Looks oh so good.
    Now we can see the ball in the whirlpool much much better.

That's a pretty big difference but not as big as when you guys did the TAF ramp change. Do you still have pics from changing out the TAF ramps? Man, I'm looking forward to heading yalls way again soon and seeing this White Water!

#127 7 years ago

Yea. That's because the Addams Family used a smokey colored ramp to begin with.
    The Whitewater ramp was just dirty and scratched up.
    Here are the Addams ramps.

#128 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Is that Tiger's X-men? Looks good!

This one came from Baton Rouge.

#129 7 years ago

Happy Father's Day gulf coast pinball club!

#130 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Yea. That's because the Addams Family used a smokey colored ramp to begin with.
    The Whitewater ramp was just dirty and scratched up.
    Here are the Addams ramps.

Do you like it better with the clear ramp? It looks better to me in the photos.

#131 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes.
    Everyone likes the clear ramps much better.
    May do Twilight Zone later on as it has the smoky ramps from the factory as well.

#132 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Happy Father's Day gulf coast pinball club!

Some Father's Day fun at the Mafia Headquarters.

#133 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep as Leon said: the votes are are all for it being better. It's night and day in my opinion

#134 7 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

Some Father's Day fun at the Mafia Headquarters.

I'm a big believer in a little father and son Novus time.

#135 7 years ago

Met Premium Refinery Edition has arrived. Will have to wait till tomorrow to unbox though.

#136 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Met Premium Refinery Edition has arrived. Will have to wait till tomorrow to unbox though.

Looking great as always.
    Those Stern factory boxes, that is.

#137 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Whoo Hooo!!!! I'm ready to push that start button.

#138 7 years ago

Just got these in the mail yesterday.
    Sadly no game to put them in yet.
    Perhaps we should put them in Game of Thrones until GB arrives someday.

#139 7 years ago

I've passed on my GB Prem for now. I didn't want to, but my pin spending was getting a little silly this year. I've kind of let myself settle into the idea of a HUO GB pro in a year or so.

#140 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I've passed on my GB Prem for now. I didn't want to, but my pin spending was getting a little silly this year.

You have been on a tear this year!

#141 7 years ago

PavBall and I's new 100% John Borg row!

#142 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Better than epic, it's out of the park. It's a
    baseball_grand_slam_home_run_(resized).jpgbaseball_grand_slam_home_run_(resized).jpg
    chi_g_konerko_grandslam1_(resized).jpgchi_g_konerko_grandslam1_(resized).jpg

#143 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Oh Tiger, you arrive at the finish line too quickly. You must show the journey.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#144 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#145 7 years ago

#146 7 years ago

#147 7 years ago

And last but not least is my favorite all time pinball machine set up picture. Jody photo bombed Tiger and Ferdinand.

#148 7 years ago

Love the photo's guys.
    Thanks for sharing.
    We will be over to play as soon as we can.

Also love the smaller hammer. Was never a fan of the large clunky one on the game.

#149 7 years ago

Looks good Tiger and Pav.

#150 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I've passed on my GB Prem for now. I didn't want to, but my pin spending was getting a little silly this year.

I know the feeling I acquired the 3 in the last 2 months

There are 5,968 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.