(Topic ID: 161458)

Gulf Coast Pinball Club : SE Texas / SW Louisiana

By TigerLaw

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8864 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8863 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240407_155527588 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155535348 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155543392 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

331 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mudflaps. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #3731 5 years ago
    Quoted from ElCid95:

Ya'll take care of Mudflaps. When we talked today he sounded like he was going to test the limits of "free beer" on Friday. I don't want to hear a story from him on Monday how he was swinging from the chandeliers being three...four…five sheets to wind...

As part of my waiver agreement, I have to wear an orange traffic cone on my head while at TPF.

#3738 5 years ago

I’ll bring my party mug!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    #3742 5 years ago

Get rid of that disgusting EBD.

#3760 5 years ago

Nevus traded me his broke, jacked up TWD for my pristine BH!!

0E3D02B2-1CAD-4BAE-8BD6-C7346233BFE1 (resized).jpeg0E3D02B2-1CAD-4BAE-8BD6-C7346233BFE1 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #3775 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Anyone watch the Black Knight stream?
    Thoughts?
    The game looks fun, but can’t say I was super hyped. I’m not a heavy metal fan (at all). Otherwise it looks like a blast. That music running the whole time I’m playing would grate on my nerves. Kind of just the opposite of TNA music really bringing me into the fun.
    I’m looking forward to playing one and seeing if the music changes a bit as the code develops. I’m sure it’s unlikely as the soundtrack was done my Scott Ian.

I’m split. On one hand, the game seems to flow well and have really satisfying shots, especially the loops. Loved the RGB lightshow and flames in the back. I also really liked the animations and callouts.

Not sure about the flail blocking the game’s only ramp. With just one ramp, that might get annoying. The music was awesome... the first few times. The same riff over and over may get old at home.

This looks like another Stern, which isn’t a bad thing. They put out reliably fun games for every taste. With a MM, though, you may be at castle overkill.

#3781 5 years ago

Looks like fun! Sorry I flaked.

#3787 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Ummm, please don't flake out on the RRR5/Mudflaps Invitational coming up Sat May 18th.

Nope! I’m driving back in town the day prior and will be primed and ready.

For those traveling, the Barksdale Air Show is 18-19 May. Always a great event for those with some time to spare.

#3791 5 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Back to BKSOR vs Wonka
    I've already started saving pennies. If I go Wonka, my target will be TPF 2019. By then, they should be shipping and available for a show game discount. I suspect another Stern (or two) will launch and be available in the wild before the first Wonka lands in someone's home or location. BKSOR could still make it to the gameroom if I choose to move something else. I'll go play it in Dallas the first weekend of May before the RRR and bring back a report.

Pick up a BK Pro. Play, enjoy, bitch about the code, waste money on unnecessary mods, then sell prior to TPF 2019 for Willy Wonka.

Edit: TPF 20

1 week later
    #3820 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Space for one will be open!

1C16031F-716E-44AC-95BE-F3D19AE8F3AF (resized).jpeg1C16031F-716E-44AC-95BE-F3D19AE8F3AF (resized).jpeg
    #3830 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Congrats to the winners from the Moncla Tournament! I’m in Dallas for a meeting this weekend or I would have made it.
    As a consolation, I have been to B.O.S. Pinball, FUN and Cidercade. No pics, but I played a lot of pinball!
    I’m looking forward to the RRR / Mudflaps Invitational in 2 weeks.

How was BK SOR?

#3839 4 years ago

I’ll try to make it if I have time.

#3841 4 years ago
    Quoted from scottslash:

That'd be nice. LOL

I can’t wait! Looking forward to having a great time and seeing everyone.

Added over 5 years ago:

Edit: Except Jody

#3847 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I’m going to have some fun surprises for the tournament!

Are we allowed to guess? I have a pretty good idea.

#3850 4 years ago

BK and either Beatles or DI is my guess.

Do I get a free surgery coupon if I’m right?

#3855 4 years ago
    119EFB21-0219-44BE-B790-68E97CF76B2E (resized).jpeg119EFB21-0219-44BE-B790-68E97CF76B2E (resized).jpeg
    #3871 4 years ago

I think the other game is DI. If he shows a JJ box, then it’s obvious.

DI and BK3K. Final answer.

#3875 4 years ago

I’ve been... Dialing Chris all day, but he’s not... In.

#3880 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

If he would just slip up and update his collection or the look what I brought home today and the suspense would be over.
    I guess we will know Saturday unless Mudflaps goes over there to help set them up.

I’m out of town. And Nevus ain’t telling me shit!

#3881 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Kyle won't tell us if he knew. You know what they do do snitches in prison?

Snitches get stitches!

#3894 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

RRR Tournament update
    I’ll be providing
    Brisket
    Vegetable Tray
    Fruit Tray
    Bottled water
    Coffee
    Hot Dogs on the grill for the late crowd if anyone is hungry then (I’m usually free during the finals )
    Please bring your booze and preferred snacks.
    One of the new games is delayed in shipping. I’m working on a sub for the tournament.
    Looking forward to seeing all of you!

Bummer. I’ll be home Friday afternoon if you want to nab one of my games. We can put another hole in the wall!

#3902 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

MUDFLAPS airshow this weekend? You going to get your guys to do a few flyby's over the tournament maybe buzz the house?

Yes, but I asked them to stay out of sight and deny they’d even heard of me.

#3907 4 years ago

Thanks to everyone for putting on a great event... from the trophies to the rules, food, tournament stuff, etc, it was a blast. Special thanks to Nevus for opening his amazing gameroom to all the great folks in the Gulf Coast. I’ll miss you guys but will see you down the road.

#3925 4 years ago

I don’t want to make a big deal about it, but I was the fourth person to touch Nevus’ new game once it arrived.

2 weeks later
    #3966 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Sell it to Mudflaps!
    He needs more games to move.

I offered to trade him my bronie costume but he already had that one.

1 week later
    #3991 4 years ago

I expect to be treated with a little more respect now that I’m super famous.

#3993 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

[quoted image]

Those guys just saw how much Nevus paid for Stern NBA.

#4000 4 years ago
    Quoted from lizzyd:

Nice job @mudflaps on the podcast! @cadmium and I listened to it yesterday. Thanks for the shoutout to Lauren Gray's @luluflips new podcast Backbox focusing on women in pinball. I was excited to be one of the guests on her first show. Have a listen! I talk a little about growing up in Louisiana and playing pinball at McNeese.
    https://backboxpinballpodcast.fireside.fm/1

Absolutely! Just subscribed, and I can’t wait to give it a listen.

I think PavBall would be a great guest.

#4006 4 years ago

PinStadiums on that MM would be HUGE, SWEET and SAVORY!!

1 week later
    #4025 4 years ago

And they say pinball is an old man’s hobby...

#4039 4 years ago
    6229174A-DF87-40EA-A332-F2BF4C743FD8 (resized).jpeg6229174A-DF87-40EA-A332-F2BF4C743FD8 (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #4119 4 years ago

The black rectangle between the two translites is actually Chris’ MM playfield turned to full brightness.

#4121 4 years ago

You can take the boy out of the swamp, but the swamp never leaves the boy.

1 month later
    #4182 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I’m interested in your ACDC Pro!

(Pokes head out of NJ)

You had your chance!

(Goes back into hole)

#4188 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

I worked in New Jersey for about a year and unless he is used to cold weather, he going to wish he was back South when the whiteout hits and the snow blows horizontally... I never realized that you might need a humidifier until I lived up North and I realized that dry skin makes you itch all over. Never had any nosebleed problems until I realized no humidity could cause that problem also. Every day in the winter was miserable in the arctic tundra region and then you had to shovel snow and I did not even have a snow shovel.

I survived 7 winters in Minot, North Dakota. New Jersey won’t be a problem.

2 weeks later
    #4209 4 years ago

Large camp shirt, unless you have more local interest than shirts. In that case I’ll take a large t-shirt.

#4222 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

A damned Yankee wantin' one of our shirts. What's the world coming to?[quoted image]

I’ll be back eventually. I just have to get through the tolls.

A44C6112-3DEE-48D8-99EB-48E88EFF00B6 (resized).jpegA44C6112-3DEE-48D8-99EB-48E88EFF00B6 (resized).jpeg
    2 weeks later
    #4250 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Fish on !!![quoted image]

Yeah! Congratulations on the HEP Genesis!

1 month later
    #4355 4 years ago

Go Texans!

C5768ED7-8563-4724-A457-197DAD80E388 (resized).jpegC5768ED7-8563-4724-A457-197DAD80E388 (resized).jpeg
    1 week later
    #4362 4 years ago
    Quoted from ElCid95:

Anyone thinking about getting the Stranger Things pin? The Premium version is very tempting with the working projector screen!

I pulled the trigger and put Metallica on the market today. I was eyeballing Stranger Things, but I decided on BKSOR. I need a Steve Ritchie in the lineup.

2 weeks later
    #4398 4 years ago
    Quoted from ElCid95:

Sorry I won't be able to make it. I'm on the road in the morning to pick up a game down near San Antonio.

Tron

#4405 4 years ago
    Quoted from ElCid95:

On the road back from San Antonio with another game![quoted image]

Banzai Run! I knew it!

#4408 4 years ago

Mudflaps,
    Did u win or place well in the NJ State Pinball Championship?

I haven’t gotten involved in the tournament scene here.

I am still practicing, though, for my inevitable return to LA to finally crush everyone with my dead flip skills.

1 month later
    #4524 4 years ago

I worked on about half of those games. I traded beer money to shop and LED a handful of pinballs. Ask him about the time I shattered his NGG backglass!

1 week later
    #4591 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I'm currently interested in a Stranger Things Premium (after I get to play it), Rick and Morty (after I get to play it), Elvira HOH Prem, JP Prem.
    I'm not sure if I have any order of preference, but I'll try to move Dialed In Std to make room. Picture spread and for sale listing will be coming soon.
    I'd love to hear your thoughts on the ones I've listed an interest.
    I can't wait six months to try these games. A trip to FUN is in my near future.

I picked up Elvira a few days ago.

I’ve been a lifelong Elvira fan and previously owned a super nice EATPM. I was priced out of this one but finally said screw it and bought one. It’s the most expensive game I’ve ever owned.

The flow is great. Nothing super funky like IMDN but comfortable and familiar. It’s a fan layout with some cool surprises. I love the fact that the game has multiple physical ball locks and the ball does some neat, unexpected things such as the House diverter, deadhead house, etc. Callouts, video and music are all fantastic. Code is polished already and will only get better with Lyman.

A great thing about the game is that the code spreads your shots around the playfield. There’s a meter that tracks switch hits throughout your game. If you reach a certain level, you get to a mode called Gappa Angry which is just bananas. There’s also a throwback mode to EATPM. Everything about the game makes me smile.

On the con side, the cabinet art is a little bland, and even with the multiple cool mechs, I don’t see a $7.7K game... but Stern got me with this one.

There should be plenty available if you’re patient and want to save a few bucks. It’s a winner.

1 week later
    #4643 4 years ago

^^ Dropping in from Ground Zero!

I added plastic protectors and Cliffys to BKSOR Prem. Total pain in the ass but the game is protected. This game is a complete hoot, BTW. Code is shallow, but the objectives are clear and attainable. I’m really enjoying it, and checking my mailbox every day for the topper.

Replaced the well walker decal in TWD. That game is a total bitch to me. I can’t do anything lately to save my life.

Goofing around with LEDs on Elvira. I went with all 2 SMD clear dome vs the factory frosted dome. A few strategic purples here and there and the game looks great. Waiting on the Medisnyl mods, then powdercoat. Not sure on the color.

Poor IMDN just sits there. All modded up and powdercoated and playing perfectly. What good is a game if it needs nothing?

Hope all are doing well! I’ll miss seeing everyone at TPF.

#4658 4 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Who here has an Elvira HOH, I'm considering one?
    I've gotta sell some more games. Tiger will be mad if I sell DI before it makes it to he and Pav.

You can have mine when I’m dead.

1 month later
    #4734 3 years ago

^^ Traded TWD for ACDC Luci Vault. I loved having TWD, but good lord that game is brutal. And Luci is easier on the eyes than severed zombie heads in a fish tank.

I also added 5” speakers and grill cutouts to BKSOR. Highly recommended and gives it that ‘LE look’ without the LE price.

Now I need to figure out what color powdercoat goes on Elvira. I have two red trim games, so I’m trying to stay away from red. Maybe black or green?

#4736 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Ah, a rare re-purchase of a game you previously had. Jodester upgraded his to a premium as well.

Funny enough, I previously owned TWD Pro and upgraded. Same thing now with ACDC, but I’m still a staunch ACDC Pro defender.

Re: Elvira, purple is a great idea!

2 months later
    #4846 3 years ago

To Mudflaps, and other interested Pinsiders:
    Starting Aug 1st, all Stine stores are giving out free commemorative WW2 B-26 Bomber pilot posters. Could hang one in a gameroom.

Awesome!

3 weeks later
    #4875 3 years ago

Hope you guys stay safe!

1 month later
    #4942 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Who’s getting a GNR?
    It looks really cool!

That one will be in my gameroom someday. Not today, or tomorrow, but maybe when I get that lucky scratch off. GNR looks super awesome.

#4967 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Not sure if any of you are following the GnR threads, check out this picture of the GNR SE model on the line. There is a stage in the upper left corner that fills in the game nicely. It's like they solved the problem of the big blank area in GoT Pro. I think it looks great. If the SE shoots good, this cool be a great option. It could be the preferred option. I like the look of upper PF's, but they aren't fun in sooooo many games. I’m in for an LE, but I would sure like to shoot both before I took delivery. Good times!
    [quoted image]

Have they streamed the SE yet? I prefer fast, flowy games depending on the title. The upper playfield and Gibson lock seem super cool, but without playing, I don’t know how much stop and go they provide.

Keep us posted on your thoughts on the LE once you get it.

1 month later
    #5020 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Fish on![quoted image]

Nice! I’m grabbing mine Friday. I should probably pay for it.

5 months later
    #5162 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

If I recall correctly, Mudflaps set up a rig that allowed a few games to be connected to the same sub.
    Kyle can you share that here? I don’t remember the names.

It’s called the Pinsmx Passive Subwoofer Mixer. I have a pinnovators board for each of my games and they connect to an external board which lets you individually set subwoofer volumes for each of four subs. Highly recommended.

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/products/pinsmx-passive-subwoofer-mixer

I also purchased a $150 backbox amplifier to test the waters. Not recommended unless you play you games at ridiculous volumes. I get complaints about normal volumes, so I play my games a little lower than normal.

2 weeks later
    #5199 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Anyone having a get together soon?
    I’m happy to host.

It’s a 19 day walk, so how about the first week of June?

7598405D-9213-405A-9A23-BF53924C19C4 (resized).jpeg7598405D-9213-405A-9A23-BF53924C19C4 (resized).jpeg
    3 months later
    #5289 2 years ago
    Quoted from ElCid95:

Got a new addition to my game room today. Looks like I’m the first to get this in Louisana!
    [quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome Chip!!

4 months later
    #5415 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Am I the only Rush fan here?

Yes

#5418 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Mudflaps is holding out for Back Street Boys CE!
    [quoted image]

That was a secret!

3 weeks later
    #5439 2 years ago

I already spent most of the money owed to ElCid on beer, dog racing and loose women. The rest I just wasted.

See you all there!

1 month later
    #5483 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Alas, PavBall and I are canceling our trip to TPF. We will miss seeing you all.

WTF dude?! I’m flying my ass from DC! You better be there!

#5487 2 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I owe you a dinner too…I’m going to have to catch you at the next show. Are you coming to HAAG in November?

Unfortunately, no, unless we can swing a simultaneous family trip out of it. We’ll have to postpone you buying me dinner.

1 week later
    #5497 2 years ago

See you guys tomorrow! Looking forward to a three day bender.

#5499 2 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Looks like you will have to do it without me this time.

Man, you guys are lame. I’m burning my Gulf Coast card.

#5503 2 years ago

Driving up and over to Frisco, Tx Fri morning and afternoon from Lafayette, LA. Looking fwd to TPF 2022 and hanging out w/ friends.
    I will try to help keep Mudflaps upright. Maybe strap him to a 2-wheeled dolly later in the evenings, and move him around from machine to machine.

I will need two handlers during the day and at least three after five o’clock.

#5508 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Matt and Aaron’s booth was huge and was a good place to find fiends and sit for a second.

Yup, fiends were hanging out at Matt’s booth! Band of misfits!

#5516 2 years ago

Guess I had an "epic" game on Hot Wheels at TPF.
    Hope Mudflaps is proud of me.

[quoted image]

[quoted image]
    [quoted image]

I will always be proud of you, even if you played Hot Wheels.

2 months later
    #5562 1 year ago

Class of ‘81 reunion!

2A7DBF0B-8359-46F9-B8FE-E452ED4DA216 (resized).jpeg2A7DBF0B-8359-46F9-B8FE-E452ED4DA216 (resized).jpeg
    #5570 1 year ago

Never work on your games without a cold one!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
    7 months later
    #5700 1 year ago

^^ 20 plays? That’s a record! Usually you just look at them.

#5703 1 year ago

Looks great, as always!

2 weeks later
    #5713 1 year ago

I'll see you guys there! Also, clear a spot for my game at TPF '24.

5 months later
    #5807 9 months ago

It would be cool if it ended up in the basement of the haunted Myrtles Plantation house in St. Francisville, LA.
    Ask Mudflaps about that place. He has stayed overnight there before.

Oh man, yes I did spend the night at Myrtles. Did I see anything spooky? Just the bill, but I spoke to the new gardener on our way out. He was pretty upset and said he would probably quit. Apparently something grabbed him on his rounds....

#5814 9 months ago

Scott looks pretty happy playing that Catacomb

2 weeks later
    #5830 8 months ago

Godzilla, Shmodzilla. What’s going on with that Black Hole?? Lookin’ good!

1 week later
    #5844 8 months ago

Hyatt House here. My fourth time staying there, super easy.

#5845 8 months ago

Also, I hope they don’t mind me posting, but thanks to two outstanding Americans for making the arduous journey to George Washington’s house this weekend. We drank, we ate, we sucked at pinball. You guys made my day! Nevus ElCid95

IMG_6861 (resized).jpegIMG_6861 (resized).jpeg
    6 months later
    #5942 45 days ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Man, I’m jealous you got the Embassy Suites. We are at an off site hotel this year.
    Question: any of us have a booth that I can hide an ice chest at to smuggle beer?

I’ll have a box of emergency supplies under my game. I’m sure we can smuggle and store some contraband.

#5945 45 days ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

You driving in Kyle?

Yup. 20 hours each way. I’ll need some caffeine and podcast support.

#5947 45 days ago

If under my game is too conspicuous, Aaron may let you keep some stuff behind the Back Alley booth. That’s where I had my minibar last year.

1 week later
    #5956 37 days ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

TPF has been fantastic thus far. Mudflaps ’s Friday the 13th is incredible. If any of you are here and haven’t played it yet, y’all got to go play it.
    Really enjoyed Pulp Fiction also.

It was great seeing everyone! Sorry I’m cornered in the homebrew section, mostly sober. We’ll have to make up for it next time.

#5961 36 days ago

Here is a very handsome man. Also, Nevus and ElCid are in the pictures.

IMG_1255 (resized).jpegIMG_1255 (resized).jpegIMG_1258 (resized).jpegIMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    331 posts in this topic match your search for posts by mudflaps. You are on page 2 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mudflaps.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana/page/2?tu=mudflaps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.