(Topic ID: 161458)

Gulf Coast Pinball Club : SE Texas / SW Louisiana

By TigerLaw

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8864 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8863 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240407_155527588 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155535348 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155543392 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 120.
    #1401 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

I have tons of stuff I'd sell non pin related. I'll send some pics here shortly

You have the cell #.

#1402 6 years ago

Always have fun hanging out at Zukboy's.
    Zuks_gameroom_n_garage-May2017 (resized).jpgZuks_gameroom_n_garage-May2017 (resized).jpg
    He's getting pretty good at White Water. He had at least 3 games in the 230 to 318 million points range. (glass on even)
    WhiteWater_at_Zukboys-May2017 (resized).jpgWhiteWater_at_Zukboys-May2017 (resized).jpg

#1403 6 years ago

When The Walking Dead pinball machine first came out, I wasn't a big fan of the machine.
    Now I like it a lot. Always fun to see how many walkers you just killed.
    Here's a pic of Zuk giving walkers a hard time.
    Zuk_killing_walkers-May2017 (resized).jpgZuk_killing_walkers-May2017 (resized).jpg

#1404 6 years ago

I wonder when Josh sells that car to make room for 12 more pins...

#1405 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I wonder when Josh sells that car to make room for 12 more pins...

Lol you never know

#1406 6 years ago

Thoughts on a Gottlieb Circus project? The good: comes with keys, manual, new leds, and rubbers

The bad: Game won't start and needs a new 4th player display, has a few flake spots on the back glass

While I don't know pinball repair just from what I read I'm guessing acid damage $200-$300 repair and Display $300? Game looks pretty good for a 37 year old game, couple of cabinet scuffs but play field looks good? Quite a drive though and I don't think my pin skates will work. I think this is one of those big B@st@rds Dennis told me about.

#1407 6 years ago

We are exactly one month away from Romp in the Swamp III.

#1408 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Thoughts on a Gottlieb Circus project? The good: comes with keys, manual, new leds, and rubbers
    The bad: Game won't start and needs a new 4th player display, has a few flake spots on the back glass
    While I don't know pinball repair just from what I read I'm guessing acid damage $200-$300 repair and Display $300? Game looks pretty good for a 37 year old game, couple of cabinet scuffs but play field looks good? Quite a drive though and I don't think my pin skates will work. I think this is one of those big B@st@rds Dennis told me about.

Hard to say without seeing it.
    But we used to own a Gottlieb super wide body Genie.
    Yes they are very very wide.
    Also be aware that the connectors for all the boards in the backbox usually need to be re done which is no small task.
    I have not checked to see if new boards or displays are still available for that game. I would google Gottlieb system 80 boards and displays and see what comes up.
    Gorgeous game though.

#1409 6 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

We are exactly one month away from Romp in the Swamp III.

Looking good for Royal flush to be in tourney. All is working, just ordered round 2 of parts this morning, a little more beautification top side on the playfield. And going to clean up the drops bottom side as one felt a little slugesh dropping.

As long as its not raining I plan to bring a game (my pin hauler is a truck). I will come a little early so we can set it up, level it and so on.

#1410 6 years ago

What are everyone's pin plans this weekend? Jodester is stopping by tonight so we may get some games in.

I set a new GC score on my TAF last night. Always fun.

#1411 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Quoted from Arcade:

Hard to say without seeing it.
    But we used to own a Gottlieb super wide body Genie.
    Yes they are very very wide.
    Also be aware that the connectors for all the boards in the backbox usually need to be re done which is no small task.
    I have not checked to see if new boards or displays are still available for that game. I would google Gottlieb system 80 boards and displays and see what comes up.
    Gorgeous game though.

I would agree Google parts to start. If you are looking for more of a learner pin I would go with a Bally SS, New MPU $200 driver board, lamp board all available. But like above be prepared to be repining some female connectors. Depending on title and condition you can pick some of these up for good deals some times.

#1412 6 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

I would agree Google parts to start. If you are looking for more of a learner pin I would go with a Bally SS, New MPU $200 driver board, lamp board all available. But like above be prepared to be repining some female connectors. Depending on title and condition you can pick some of these up for good deals some times.

Apparently it was a good deal. I reached out right after I posted and was pending pickup so I asked to be second in line. Seller took the post down so it's gone now. I'm sure I could repin connectors if I needed to, my biggest problem is finding time. My kids helped me re solder some capacitors on a board in a TV. Only reason I needed help was I couldn't read the ratings on them and needed some "young eyes". Heck my Pins were only turned on twice this week. I'm looking forward to the Romp in the Swamp. Is there somewhere i need to go to register? I also need an address or i'm going to be driving around Lake Charles gorging myself on brisket looking for somewhere to play..

#1413 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Apparently it was a good deal. I reached out right after I posted and was pending pickup so I asked to be second in line. Seller took the post down so it's gone now. I'm sure I could repin connectors if I needed to, my biggest problem is finding time. My kids helped me re solder some capacitors on a board in a TV. Only reason I needed help was I couldn't read the ratings on them and needed some "young eyes". Heck my Pins were only turned on twice this week. I'm looking forward to the Romp in the Swamp. Is there somewhere i need to go to register? I also need an address or i'm going to be driving around Lake Charles gorging myself on brisket looking for somewhere to play..

That is hilarious.
    Just PM Tiger-Law and he will let you know.

#1414 6 years ago

I'm pretty sure I know where this is going... PM sent

#1415 6 years ago

Jodester came by last night and we solved that odd Varkon hang up (slightly bent metal rod, was a quick fix).

IMG_4511 (resized).JPGIMG_4511 (resized).JPGIMG_4512 (resized).JPGIMG_4512 (resized).JPG

#1416 6 years ago

All five events on June 18th are now up on the IFPA page. Each event will have a trophy. There are no cash prizes, all entry fees go 100% to cover event expenses (main dish food and trophies - we may ask a couple of you to bring side dishes like beans, cold slaw, potato stalid or rolls). We will have small (but cool) participation type prizes for all who enter (just like Romp I and Romp II did).

Please let us know if you are coming. We are thinking we may be able to get up to 32 main bracket entrees...which would be incredible (will make parking interesting...but that would be a good problem for us to solve).

#1417 6 years ago

Ok, so I found some pork butts on sale but can't find all of my equipment for making sausage. I will have to order a new handle for my stuffer. I will bring some English Bangers to the Tournament, but my family wants some for home. Had to have my daughter help me feed meat into the grinder and use it as a stuffer. My son and I are really looking forward to this even though it's quite a drive, we will probably stick to the main tournament and leave as soon as possible so we can get home at a decent hour. I made Bangers and Mash for dinner tonight.

IMG_0941 (resized).JPGIMG_0941 (resized).JPG

IMG_0943 (resized).JPGIMG_0943 (resized).JPG

#1418 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

will bring some English Bangers to the Tournament,

Awesome! Everyone keeps telling me how great the food was in Beaumont, can't wait to have some of it on June 18th!

#1419 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Awesome! Everyone keeps telling me how great the food was in Beaumont, can't wait to have some of it on June 18th!

It was beyond belief good.
    Preston and I are leaving for on a cruise out of Miami at the end of the week, but we will be back around June 4th.
    Looking forward to heading over to Lake Chuck to play pinball, eat, and hopefully pick up the F14.

#1420 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Looking forward to heading over to Lake Chuck to play pinball, eat, and hopefully pick up the F14.

Awesome! This is the third pin exchange that is going to be happening at Romp III that I've heard of. My neighbors are going to be like: "I wonder what they are really transporting in those cabinets". LOL

Glad y'all can make it!

#1421 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Awesome! This is the third pin exchange that is going to be happening at Romp III that I've heard of. My neighbors are going to be like: "I wonder what they are really transporting in those cabinets". LOL
    Glad y'all can make it!

I have not confirmed with Joshua yet that this will be ok, But it is the easiest way if he is coming and it works out for him.

#1422 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

I have not confirmed with Joshua yet that this will be ok, But it is the easiest way if he is coming and it works out for him.

I hope you guys are cool keeping Tron a bit longer. I am having a blast with Spidy.

#1423 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I hope you guys are cool keeping Tron a bit longer. I am having a blast with Spidy.

Funny. We were just playing Tron as I read this. Lol.
    No hurry.
    Enjoy Spider-Man

#1424 6 years ago

About to go live with Grand Prix EM tonight.
    Twitch.tv/thepinballmafia

IMG_3821 (resized).JPGIMG_3821 (resized).JPG

#1425 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

About to go live with Grand Prix EM tonight.
    Twitch.tv/thepinballmafia

Sweet! Thanks for the link, will watch tonight.

#1426 6 years ago

We are online on twitch to watch the mafia. Not letting us talk in chat room right now though. We will download the ap as well and see.

#1427 6 years ago

No worries.
    Twitch likes you to be logged into their system or through Facebook to chat in the chat room

#1428 6 years ago

Hey Seth, I just saw that a BBQ place in Tomball made Texas Monthlys top 10.
    It is called the Tejas Chocolate Craftery.
    Have you tried it yet?

#1429 6 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

I can bring it no problem

#1430 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

I can bring it no problem

Good. Because I can bring cash even easier.

#1431 6 years ago

An FYI for the group, I am putting Game of Thrones up for sale. It has lighted speaker grills with nice graphics in front, lighted flipper buttons, and mirror side blades. Game has no issues with insert ghosting,decals , or cabinet. I am asking $4900 with pics to follow in for sale thread.

#1432 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

An FYI for the group, I am putting Game of Thrones up for sale. It has lighted speaker grills with nice graphics in front, lighted flipper buttons, and mirror side blades. Game has no issues with insert ghosting,decals , or cabinet. I am asking $4900 with pics to follow in for sale thread.

Played this one...really fun and classy looking game! Much preferred game play over the LE on this one...and I'm always an LE guy GLWS!

#1433 6 years ago

Hey hey.... just bought the briskets. Found them for $1.47 a pound at Kroger. I'll have them chilling in the freezer until I smoke'em!

IMG_0960 (resized).JPGIMG_0960 (resized).JPG

IMG_0961 (resized).JPGIMG_0961 (resized).JPG

#1434 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Hey hey.... just bought the briskets. Found them for $1.47 a pound at Kroger. I'll have them chilling in the freezer until I smoke'em!

You da man! We will eat like kings on the 18th!

#1435 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Nice pin and good seller if you're lucky he will even include a pin cup (or forget to take it off).

#1436 6 years ago

Well, there is a new addition to the collection. We bought an SS Solar Ride for $150. OP said it powered on but wouldn't play, when we got there it would power up and play... sweet! When we got it home not so much. We have started with the basics and my son is learning how to operate a DVOM. She doesn't work right now but seems like a deal. He wanted an EM machine and it's close, early SS. Here is a couple of pics while we diagnose. Oh, Leon., pin skates are freaking awesome!!!!

IMG_0962 (resized).JPGIMG_0962 (resized).JPG

IMG_0963 (resized).JPGIMG_0963 (resized).JPG

#1437 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Well, there is a new addition to the collection. We bought an SS Solar Ride for $150. OP said it powered on but wouldn't play, when we got there it would power up and play... sweet! When we got it home not so much. We have started with the basics and my son is learning how to operate a DVOM. She doesn't work right now but seems like a deal. He wanted an EM machine and it's close, early SS. Here is a couple of pics while we diagnose. Oh, Leon., pin skates are freaking awesome!!!!

Awesome deal sir.
    Let's see some photos of the playfield and backglass.
    And yes pin skates rule.

#1438 6 years ago

Also be sure to check out this Gottlieb System 1 owners thread.
    Lots of good info and people that can help answer your questions about the game.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/home-for-the-gottlieb-sys1-sys-80b-guys-yep-i-guess-it-a-club/page/29

#1439 6 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Sounds like you guys found what you were looking for (a learning game) and got a good deal. There is a lot of good info out there such as this to help get it going http://www.pinrepair.com/sys1/ plus this site if you start a thread of what its doing/not doing you will get a lot of help. Start with fuses, voltages and then some of the repair stuff like board grounds and so on and you should have it up and working in no time. Also (speaking from experience on these older games) connections, connections, connections don't be afraid to redo them and look for cracked solder joints on the back sides of your boards and reflow them.

#1440 6 years ago

While I was out today I bought a fuse which was blown. Installed it and it's up and running! Here are a few pics. Should I use Novus 2 to clean the playfield?

IMG_0964 (resized).JPGIMG_0964 (resized).JPG

IMG_0966 (resized).JPGIMG_0966 (resized).JPG

IMG_0965 (resized).JPGIMG_0965 (resized).JPG

#1441 6 years ago

Playfield looks pretty nice on that machine. There have been discussion back and forth on the matter. I have used Novus 2 and it works well for a light cleaning.

#1442 6 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Playfield looks pretty nice on that machine. There have been discussion back and forth on the matter. I have used Novus 2 and it works well for a light cleaning.

I agree. The playfield looks really good.
    Novus 2 should do a great job cleaning and shining it up for you.
    I see the reds are leaving on the backglass. Very common issue. Really not a lot you can do about it.
    Enjoy your new game and consider yourself very lucky. It's almost never "Just a fuse". lol

Oh, and post your pics in the Gottlieb system 1 club thread I posted a link to above. Those guys will love to see it and will have lots of good tips for you about that game.

#1443 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

I have tons of stuff I'd sell non pin related. I'll send some pics here shortly

Pics?

#1444 6 years ago

Nice score on Solar Rider the shape it's in and for $150 you can't beat that deal. Glad the others chimed in first on cleaning. I normally tear down the top side of the playfield start with mill wax then a few coats of carnauba wax if there is no ball swirl to deal with first, clean all the post plastics new rubbers and reassemble. But you game looks to be in nice shape so it may not need that deep of a cleaning.

#1445 6 years ago

Custom topper I made for any pool themed pin. It actually looks good on a em which is pretty hard to pull off. I'd take $150.00 if anyone is interested.

IMG_0407 (resized).JPGIMG_0407 (resized).JPG

IMG_0409 (resized).JPGIMG_0409 (resized).JPG

#1446 6 years ago

All the gumball machine and peanut machine on the end are for sale. So is the 1932 keeney and sons rainbo pin trade stimulator. The 2 toy pinball also. PAC man control panel too. Anything you see in the pics send me a pm if interested.

IMG_0404 (resized).JPGIMG_0404 (resized).JPG

IMG_0405 (resized).JPGIMG_0405 (resized).JPG

IMG_0406 (resized).JPGIMG_0406 (resized).JPG

#1447 6 years ago

I might go for the pool topper if no one else is dying to have it. I've got a Pinball Pool machine.

#1448 6 years ago

Got a mint Hobbit for sale if anyone is interested. Shout at me if so as I'll shave some $ off for an easy local sale. It is mint with radcals on it. I got another one in a combo deal awhile back so I'm letting this one go to fund another game...

#1449 6 years ago

Topper sold to the great one

#1450 6 years ago

Top side is done should be ready for the tourney

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

There are 5,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana/page/29?hl=mobsync and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.