Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,980 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8864 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8863 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240407_155527588 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155535348 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155543392 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 120.
    #1251 7 years ago

Ok, I'm on the hunt for some "wood". my preference is pecan but willing to mix with red oak for the tournament on the 30th. Got approval from the wife and I'm going to be there. Hopefully the family tags along. Brisket depends on having good "wood". I have had no less than everyone ask me what I season my meat with and it's nothing more than salt. The seasoning come from the wood. I'm trying to smoke a brisket but one batch takes a hip high amount of good wood. If I can get good wood... I will smoke a brisket. Keep an eye out for boneless pork butt also known as pork picknick or Boston butt at a god price >$1.00 per pound and I'm a magician with sausage.. look forward to meeting everyone!

#1252 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Ok, I'm on the hunt for some "wood". my preference is pecan but willing to mix with red oak for the tournament on the 30th. Got approval from the wife and I'm going to be there. Hopefully the family tags along. Brisket depends on having good "wood". I have had no less than everyone ask me what I season my meat with and it's nothing more than salt. The seasoning come from the wood. I'm trying to smoke a brisket but one batch takes a hip high amount of good wood. If I can get good wood... I will smoke a brisket. Keep an eye out for boneless pork butt also known as pork picknick or Boston butt at a god price >$1.00 per pound and I'm a magician with sausage.. look forward to meeting everyone!

Amazing offer sir.
    I hope you can source your Pecan wood in time.
    If this all comes together it should be an epic tourney/party.

#1253 7 years ago

I will do what I can. I can get the wood... its just they want way too much $$$ for what i need. did i mention my smoker weights 800lbs? it needs a lot of wood fodder...$$$

#1254 7 years ago

It is reasonable for people to pitch in $$ to help cover costs for food and misc associated supplies, if they want to eat any of the prepared food.

#1255 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

It is reasonable for people to pitch in $$ to help cover costs for food and misc associated supplies, if they want to eat any of the prepared food.

Totally right. Perhaps add a few bucks to the tourney entry fee to cover the food?

#1256 7 years ago

The mystery of the pinball machines on Post at the teen center has been solved. So No pinball machine at Fort Sill teen center , but I now know why. So it seems there is some standardization to the teen centers, learning room, technology room and so on, but there are a few rooms they can pick and Leavenworth and Riley chose game room so as part of their game room furniture packaging the get a pinball machine, How cool is that. Fort Sill did not pick a game room so no pin.
    Two more small bases to visit next week so I will see if they picked game room?

#1257 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Totally right. Perhaps add a few bucks to the tourney entry fee to cover the food?

I was already thinking of adding a small fee for the gumbo and supplies. I think we really need to to help defer cost of both now. What do you guys think is a fair amount for food?

#1258 7 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/9883-jackson-s-coin-op-laundromat-amp-dry-cleaning-lawton-ok Thought I found a place to play at Fort Sill but game was inop

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1259 7 years ago

Look what I just did!!!!!!!
    143mil

20170421_140932 (resized).jpg20170421_140932 (resized).jpg

#1260 7 years ago

20170421_141409 (resized).jpg20170421_141409 (resized).jpg

#1261 7 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

I was already thinking of adding a small fee for the gumbo and supplies. I think we really need to to help defer cost of both now. What do you guys think is a fair amount for food?

This is somewhat what I do for a living labor cost and project cost so just do the math. $5 each by 20 players is 100 bucks if that will cover your costs I would think that's cheap for some good food so if the tournament is 20 each charge 25 and say that includes food. If you get 30 people that's 150. If you know what your food cost is going to be divide that by your number of players to cover cost.

#1262 7 years ago

I would think $5-10 would be fair. Mc Donald's charges almost 10 for a meal now..... and it's nasty.

#1263 7 years ago

Now if your doing that "brisket" I have been reading about along with that good gumbo you may want to bump that cost up? Even at say $30 for the tournament and that included food (witch you had a lot off at your tournament I went to) that still wouldn't seem to expensive to me. 20 for tourney 10 for food all inclusive all pay weather they eat or not.

#1264 7 years ago

Guys, I have a brisket I bought on sale in the freezer. Still trying to obtain some wood. I may have found a place to get some for $.50 a stick and will try and check out next week. I will let you know as it get's closer. If I can't buy it there it's going to cost me $18 or more just in wood. This is not a little smoker, I could easily put 6 to 10 briskets on it. I have been told I have a problem with always wanting the biggest and best ... Keep an eye out for boneless pork butt at about $1 per pound or less. Making sausage I can grind 24Lbs of meat a minute, have a 50lb meat mixer and a 7L capacity sausage stuffer. Takes longer to clean the equipment than make it. I do however need time to make it and a helper. I usually use my kids...

#1265 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Guys, I have a brisket I bought on sale in the freezer. Still trying to obtain some wood. I may have found a place to get some for $.50 a stick and will try and check out next week. I will let you know as it get's closer. If I can't buy it there it's going to cost me $18 or more just in wood. This is not a little smoker, I could easily put 6 to 10 briskets on it. I have been told I have a problem with always wanting the biggest and best ... Keep an eye out for boneless pork butt at about $1 per pound or less. Making sausage I can grind 24Lbs of meat a minute, have a 50lb meat mixer and a 7L capacity sausage stuffer. Takes longer to clean the equipment than make it. I do however need time to make it and a helper. I usually use my kids...

What kind of wood do you need. I have someone who owes me. They have oak and pecan for sure. Let me know, I can get some for free.

#1266 7 years ago

Leakyfaucet
    I need pecan and oak would work as a filler! I however do not have a chain saw and would prefer split too. I have a maul but that's a lot of work. Let me know where and how much if you can find some! Pecan is my favorite wood to smoke with and also works well with oak.

#1267 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Leakyfaucet
    I need pecan and oak would work as a filler! I however do not have a chain saw and would prefer split too. I have a maul but that's a lot of work. Let me know where and how much if you can find some! Pecan is my favorite wood to smoke with and also works well with oak.

It would be split. That's what he does for a living. How much do you need?

#1268 7 years ago

I would buy a 1/4 cord. I think that would fill the bed of my truck and set me up for a few seasions. If he's near you it would be about 4 hours round trip from Tomball.

#1269 7 years ago

The only working game in town (that I can find) Lawton OK/Fort Sill

#1270 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

What kind of wood do you need. I have someone who owes me. They have oak and pecan for sure. Let me know, I can get some for free.

Will be awesome if this works out.

#1271 7 years ago

The guy is really old school, he doesn't have a phone, I'll run by and ask him in the next few days.

Quoted from Spg101:

I would buy a 1/4 cord. I think that would fill the bed of my truck and set me up for a few seasions. If he's near you it would be about 4 hours round trip from Tomball.

You want to buy some too?

I was offering to bring what you need for the brisket. But... I could probably bring that too.

#1272 7 years ago

I'm in Tomball and the smoker is not mobile. I'll have to cook it here Saturday, throw it in the oven that night at 200 degrees and bring it in a tub covered in towels to keep it warm. I think Dennis and Leon could keep it warm after I get there. I'm telling you the smell in the house will be wicked good.

I understand the old school too. I have a friend that lives in the UP of Michigan in a cabin and no phone. Nicest guy you'll ever meet, looks like Grizzly Adams but you have to send smoke signals to talk to him...

#1273 7 years ago

Yes the smoker is 800 lbs of not going anywhere. I had to take down the fence, hack up a bird of paradise plant and winch it in place on my back patio.. love the thought of cooking it there but it's not going to happen... sigh... if I get wood I will sacrifice for the group by drinking beer and watching the meat cook on Saturday.. dreadful task but someone has to do it.

#1274 7 years ago

Why does all this talk about wood have to be so hard? Ha ha just had to get a wood joke in...

#1275 7 years ago

I'm getting hungry just talking about this. I only use hardwoods JAHpin... I used to motivate my team with a BBQ every 3 months. One time I forgot to invite one of the managesr and got an a$$ chewing... Yes, it's that good. I even had a dealer payoff of me smoking Brisket and had a local smokehouse supplement the BBQ and they screwed up the order and instead of sending ribs they sent more brisket. They threw the brisket from the local smokehouse away or gave it to the sales dept.... same difference..

#1276 7 years ago

Wood you want to drive 4 hours for would?

#1277 7 years ago

I would... if it's good wood..... That right there just don't sound right thou..... When they moved me back to Michigan I paid big bucks to get a load of pecan however.. best seasoning ever!

#1278 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

I think Dennis and Leon could keep it warm after I get there.

Certainly.
    Not a problem.
    We have the rolls covered as well.
    This will be the most delicious tourney since Nevus's

#1279 7 years ago

I'm so seriously getting hungry right now. I have sent leaky a few PMs on the... wood... I know he has new family member and cutting some slack. If I can't get it from him I will try some local suppliers. I'm seriously excited about this and can't play pinball for $hit but love cooking brisket.. actually love people enjoying it more. So regardless of my play if your happy with the brisket I'm happy.

#1280 7 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

The only working game in town (that I can find) Lawton OK/Fort Sill

Good work finding a second machine in Lawton, JAHpinWizard

Nice that you updated the pin map with the Fish Tales info/photos. I hope the missing flipper is a sign they are performing a repair.....

#1281 7 years ago
    Quoted from AvidListener:

Good work finding a second machine in Lawton, JAHpinWizard
    Nice that you updated the pin map with the Fish Tales info/photos. I hope the missing flipper is a sign they are performing a repair.....

What was odd was the Fish Tales was turned on but not playable. I guess they would do anything for a coin drop? I went in this morning and added the second location I found to the pin map so hopefully if any other pinsiders are ever in this area they can find this location easier.

#1282 7 years ago

Target Alpha joins the collection. Thanks to Aaron/ULM

IMG_9635 (resized).JPGIMG_9635 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9636 (resized).JPGIMG_9636 (resized).JPG

#1283 7 years ago

Any one remember these?

#1284 7 years ago

Gents is warm up at 10 or tournement start at 10? Slight chance I may be able to make it? And what happened with all the wood talk?

#1285 7 years ago

I would start up the wood talk, I can get some just not at what I consider a reasonable price. I plan on smoking at least one brisket. I'll take one for the team and it gives me an excuse to drink beer and smoke meat. I'll cook it Saturday night and throw it in the oven overnight. While if you are a brisket judge you may not like the presentation, but I guarantee you will like the product. I will pack in towels on the way there and should still be hot. I'll have to make Leon or Dennis fire up the stove to keep it warm. The whole house will smell awesome and I wonder if it will even make it to lunch. With that and gumbo there should be more than enough. one brisket will usually feed 12 people and with additional food it may cover the gap. My son and I are really looking forward to meeting you all. The brisket can't hurt... No way we will be there until 10:00 AM unless I drag my sleeping son downstairs and buckle him in myself. We have a two hour drive to get there.

#1286 7 years ago

Do we have an idea of how many people will be there? If I'm feeding people I like to make sure that if you go away hungry it's your own fault.. Reason I'm asking is I typically figure 1LBS per person precooked and that will cover the average technician who would eat the bark off of a tree.

#1287 7 years ago

Gents is warm up at 10 or tournement start at 10? Slight chance I may be able to make it? And what happened with all the wood talk?

The tournament starts at noon or soon after.
    10 is just the earliest to arrive.
    Most people arrive around 11:00 usually.

And it is always hard to tell how many people will show up.
    Our average attendance is 15-20 but you never really know.

On the bright side there is big tournament in Oklahoma the same weekend, so a lot of the top players from Houston and Austin will be heading up there. Should be a chance for some new names on the winners list.

#1288 7 years ago

What time will it run to? Trying to give my wife the time window. 10-?

#1289 7 years ago

What games are in the tourney? Not that I'll be any good.

#1290 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

What games are in the tourney? Not that I'll be any good.

Usually takes some hours to get through all the rounds. But we try to have it end by 7:00 or before, because people have to get back home some distance. Most pinball tournaments are an all day thing. But even if you had to leave early you would still get ranked in the IFPA point system just for participating.
    The following games are in the tourney.

Jacks Open
    Grand Prix
    Barracora
    Firepower
    Addams Family
    Twilight Zone
    Whitewater
    Spider-Man
    Game of Thrones
    Ghostbusters
    AC/DC
    Metallica
    Aerosmith

#1291 7 years ago

Thanks I saw the 10 on your face book link so was wondering. Probably won't be able to make it but wanted to know the times incase I can. For the new guys I encourage you to go. You can play a lot in warm ups and you never know how you will do until you give it a try. Plus it's pinball not just playing but pinball talk.

#1292 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Target Alpha joins the collection. Thanks to Aaron/ULM

Temporary or permanent? You need to sell me one of those older EMs when you get tired of them.

#1293 7 years ago

Thanks I saw the 10 on your face book link so was wondering. Probably won't be able to make it but wanted to know the times incase I can. For the new guys I encourage you to go. You can play a lot in warm ups and you never know how you will do until you give it a try. Plus it's pinball not just playing but pinball talk.

Well said. The best part is swapping stories and meeting others who share this fun hobby.

#1294 7 years ago

Any Houstonians (ish) going to Allentown Pinfest? I have a line on a pin that could be picked up there and I would be willing to compensate you for your time and travels. Please PM me.

#1295 7 years ago

Trophies have arrived!!!
    Special thanks to Joshua for taking the time to make these for us.
    Come and get one if you can.

IMG_3698 (resized).JPGIMG_3698 (resized).JPG

#1296 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Temporary or permanent? You need to sell me one of those older EMs when you get tired of them.

It was a purchase and you've got first dibs or option for a trade in the future.

#1297 7 years ago

Ok, while I don't have wood yet I have faith. I pulled the brisket out to thaw in the refrigerator for smoking Saturday. Plan is to smoke it Saturday night and put it in the oven at 200 degrees overnight. While not a purest smoking, it will work and have all the flavor. Looking forward to Sunday!

#1298 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Ok, while I don't have wood yet I have faith. I pulled the brisket out to thaw in the refrigerator for smoking Saturday. Plan is to smoke it Saturday night and put it in the oven at 200 degrees overnight. While not a purest smoking, it will work and have all the flavor. Looking forward to Sunday!

Sounds good to me.
    There is a cold front coming in Saturday night into early Sunday morning.
    Hopefully any rain will be gone by noon.

#1299 6 years ago

Ordered a set of Jabetc pin skates. Going to keep them in my truck if I find another pin. I think I need my son's approval on buying an EM. Hopefully he can play a few Sunday so I can see his interest level.

Went to buy some wood a friend recommended today on my way hone and they were out. I may need to go by Academy and get some pecan if all else fails.

#1300 6 years ago

We will have a lot of first time players this Sunday. Awesome.
    At least 6 that I know of so far.
    Nice to get some new faces in the group.

There are 5,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana/page/26?hl=spg101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.