Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,980 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 26 hours ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8864 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8863 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240407_155527588 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155535348 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155543392 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 120.
    #1151 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

TPF was awesome for a first pinball experience. It was great meeting the Moncla's mafia and playing a few rounds with Mike. Congrats to Preston! Can't wait to do it again! See yall soon.

Thanks,
    You and your family were great to meet as well. Always nice to put faces to who I am talking with.
    We had such a great weekend and can't wait to do it all over again next year. Always sad when Sunday afternoon comes so fast.
    Anyway things went great in the tournament. Preston tied for 1st place in the qualifying round with Josh Henderson. Simply some of the best pinball playing I have ever seen this year. The competition was through the roof with talent.
    Preston ended up coming in 5th place and there were some epic battles. This group was so close in playing skills that there was a three way tie between Preston, Colin, and Garret on a best of three game match. They each ended up the round with 7 points each and had to have a playoff game.
    We had lots of people recognize us from our Twitch stream we do every Sunday night which was awesome, and we got to meet and talk with so many great people, I could not begin to name them all.
    Ed Robertson from the Bare Naked Lady's even recognized Preston and came over and started talking to him.
    Later on Dennis got Ed to do a video recording for his daughter Kelly who plays the guitar and pinball. (super cool).
    If any of my photos have transferred over from my phone I will post some below.

IMG_3564 (resized).JPGIMG_3564 (resized).JPG

IMG_3567 (resized).JPGIMG_3567 (resized).JPG

IMG_3575 (resized).JPGIMG_3575 (resized).JPG

IMG_3580 (resized).JPGIMG_3580 (resized).JPG

IMG_3597 (resized).JPGIMG_3597 (resized).JPG

IMG_3604 (resized).JPGIMG_3604 (resized).JPG

IMG_3608 (resized).JPGIMG_3608 (resized).JPG

#1152 7 years ago

Great pics guys! Wish I could have gone...

#1153 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Great pics guys! Wish I could have gone...

Me to but spent last week doing this.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1154 7 years ago

But when the house is done its on to the bathroom in my game room

#1155 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

TPF was awesome for a first pinball experience. It was great meeting the Moncla's mafia and playing a few rounds with Mike. Congrats to Preston! Can't wait to do it again! See yall soon.

Thanks for coming up and introducing yourself Leaky at TPF. Turns out it was a good thing I decided to wear my GCPC t-shirt on Sat.
    I guess Leaky saw that shirt and figured I must be one of the gang down in his area. I get such a kick out of your online name every time I see it. Leakyfaucet. Ha!

#1156 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Thanks for coming up and introducing yourself Leaky at TPF. Turns out it was a good thing I decided to wear my GCPC t-shirt on Sat.
    I guess Leaky saw that shirt and figured I must be one of the gang down in his area. I get such a kick out of your online name every time I see it. Leakyfaucet. Ha!

I'm glad you were wearing the shirt too. I kept looking at people's pinside lanyards to see if I recognized their names.... never happened. Glad you get a kick out of the name, it's honestly a pet peeve of mine to see a leaking faucet, go figure.....

#1157 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Happy new year!
    Here is my New Years (Pinball) resolution.
    I would like to have a club calendar full of local and regional events to look forward to this year. Please copy and paste the schedule as you add to it.
    In 2016, I had a party in April and a Red River Replay in September. I'm ready to do, at least, that again this year. Dates are flexible for me. Mudflaps has 5 seriously beautiful games and he's just a few miles down the road from me now! Let's invite ourselves to his house.
    Lastly, some of us treaveled to other shows in 2016. The Moncla's went on a US tour. Henry and I went to Rocky Mountain. Let's do more of that. I would love to road trip to Atlanta this year and try the Southern Fried with some of our group.
    2017 Pinball Calendar Gulf Coast and ArkLaTex
    Jan
    February 11 LA state championship. Lake a Charles, LA
    March 24-26 Texas Pinball Festival. Frisco Tx
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
    November (TBA) Houston Arcade Expo
    December

Now that TPF has came and went does anyone have an update to this? What's the next LA event?

Wasn't able to make TPF due to TFND (the floor needed done) but almost done with that then on to the bathroom in the game room and I hope that 2017 will be the year I can have a open game room or tourney.

#1158 7 years ago

I am ready and willing to host a party or tournament. Both could include a crawfish boil if guests were willing to pitch in on costs. If not, you will have to settle for Briskit or Ribs.

My open dates coming soon are April 22-23 and May 6-7.

Current line up:

Full Throttle
    Americas Most Haunted
    Ghostbuster Premium
    Star Trek LE
    Dr Who
    Big Bang Bar
    Banzai Run
    Safecracker
    Centigrade 37
    Nip-it

Mudflaps is a few blocks away and says we are welcome there also!

#1159 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Mudflaps is a few blocks away and says we are welcome there also!

Yeah! We can go to my house and check out my porcelain clown doll collection.

#1160 7 years ago

Nevus,
    The May 6-7th weekend would work for me.
    If on May 6th, then I assume we could watch the Kentucky Derby on tv in the gameroom around 5 to 5:30pm?

#1161 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yeah! We can go to my house and check out my porcelain clown doll collection.

Were you able to get any from this yard sale a few weekends ago?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#1162 7 years ago

Nevus,
    If your taking a poll, I could do May 6th or 7th. April 22nd weekend is a no go for me.

#1163 7 years ago

As it stands right now, either date is fine for me!

#1164 7 years ago

May 6th is a no go for me

#1165 7 years ago

Nip-It joins the club!

IMG_9568 (resized).JPGIMG_9568 (resized).JPG

IMG_9569 (resized).JPGIMG_9569 (resized).JPG

IMG_9570 (resized).JPGIMG_9570 (resized).JPG

IMG_9577 (resized).JPGIMG_9577 (resized).JPG

IMG_9576 (resized).JPGIMG_9576 (resized).JPG

IMG_9574 (resized).JPGIMG_9574 (resized).JPG

#1166 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Nip-It joins the club!

Did you ever give the guys his $60?

#1167 7 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Did you ever give the guys his $60?

#1168 7 years ago

Looks great all set up at your place.
    You will get a ton of enjoyment from that game, especially if you get the grabber working good.

#1169 7 years ago

RZ paid for, shipping Monday!!

The stupid mods are costing me almost as much as the game.

#1170 7 years ago

AMH out on loan.
    Kiss comes to visit!

Thanks to Mudflaps.

IMG_9586 (resized).JPGIMG_9586 (resized).JPG

IMG_9587 (resized).JPGIMG_9587 (resized).JPG

#1171 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

AMH out on loan.
    Kiss comes to visit!
    Thanks to Mudflaps.

That's my ear!

#1172 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

AMH out on loan.
    Kiss comes to visit!
    Thanks to Mudflaps.

Kiss will be awesome at the May tourney. I think we could do back to back tourneys. Sat at Nevis; Sun and Mudflaps.

#1173 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Kiss will be awesome at the May tourney. I think we could do back to back tourneys. Sat at Nevis; Sun and Mudflaps.

My collection is small and embarrassing next to Nevus. However, one of my games will feature a small bucket of plastic chicken.

#1174 7 years ago

Tiger, does that mean you and Pav can come?

Heard from Jody?

#1175 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Tiger, does that mean you and Pav can come?
    Heard from Jody?

Hard to say. Our schedule has been rather unpredictable. Jody was out atv'ing today I believe. Will catch up with him tomorrow.

#1176 7 years ago

Schedule update: April 2, 2017

Here is the last one of these I found in the thread. It's a few months old. Last year I had a party in May and a tournament in September. If I'm reading correctly, James and the Moncla's are having tournaments in May. May 13-14 is Mother's Day and 2 birthdays here so I can't host or attend. Following is some too much coffee flight of ideas.

So far, I only have about 4-5 that have replied they can attend on May 6. I'll be glad to have a party instead of tournament and just have an excuse for us to get together. Is there a minimum number for a tournament? If I proceed, I'll need to register soon with IFPA and pick a format. Please fill in / correct this calendar with your dates.

(FYI) May 6-7 is our annual BAFB air show. It's identical shows Sat and Sun, weather permitting. It's a great show.
    http://www.barksdaleafbairshow.com/

Jan
    April 30 Shoot Again tournament. Bmt, TX
    May 6 Red River Replay 2, Shreveport LA
    May 27 Romp in the Swamp III, Lake Charles
    June
    July
    August
    September 24th Romp in the Swamp IV, Lake Charles (come help TigerLaw celebrate his 40th birthday)
    October Houston Arcade Expo Oct 20-21, 2017
    October (TBA) Oil City Open. Bmt, TX
    November
    December

#1177 7 years ago

Moncla's recently announed date for their Shoot Again tournament will be on Sun Apr 30th (if they got it registered in time).

Hou Arcade and Pinball Expo is Oct 20-21, 2017. They moved it up into Oct due to a scheduling issue.

Feel free to call Nevus to discuss your possible party/tournament in May.

TigerLaw may be reschuling his late May tourney to another date (push to June ??).

#1178 7 years ago

Thanks Mike. I updated the calendar.

#1179 7 years ago

thanks for updating that Chris.

Stinks for me as my job is going to have me on the road for a few weeks late April. So April 30 Shoot Again tournament. Bmt, TX is more then likely a no go.

I have family coming in early May. So May 6 Red River Replay 2, Shreveport LA is more then likely a no go

We have a grandchild due Mid April but we are thinking he will be here any day. I'm guessing my wife and mine anniversary the 7th. My wife thinks before then.

Looks like my next one I can make will be May 27 Romp in the Swamp III, Lake Charles?

#1180 7 years ago

Depending on how many are interested, I may cancel my event. I'm always happy to open up the game room even for a small crowd, but we need 16 entries for an IFPA tournament. I have the impression several of the local guys aren't very interested.

I think, so far, it's only Mike V, Action 76, Scottslash, Mudflaps, Henry and I.

I would enjoy traveling to play. April 30 I have a cub scout camp out with Henry. I have no conflicts for May 27 as of now.

#1181 7 years ago

houston.craigslist.org link

Went to this last year well kinda. Actually missed the swap meet but was there on the day afternoon/evening they had it.

00e0e_4O5zvKaBk3j_1200x900 (resized).jpg00e0e_4O5zvKaBk3j_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#1182 7 years ago

It is heart breaking but im putting my junkyard for sale if anyone local wants it before i list it in the classifieds. i hate to do it but i have a few things i need to take care of. im asking $4,000

#1183 7 years ago

Update to schedule:

I removed my event in May. Not much interest. I would enjoy attending the LC event. Tiger, is that confirmed?

April 30 Shoot Again tournament. Bmt, TX
    May 27 Romp in the Swamp III, Lake Charles
    June
    July
    August
    September 24th Romp in the Swamp IV, Lake Charles (come help TigerLaw celebrate his 40th birthday)
    October Houston Arcade Expo Oct 20-21, 2017
    October (TBA) Oil City Open. Bmt, TX
    November
    December

#1184 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I would enjoy attending the LC event. Tiger, is that confirmed?

I'm going to check in with Pav today and see. I hope so, I'm getting pinball withdrawals from missing TPF.

#1185 7 years ago

I know not a pinball but since Josh shared his find I had to share mine with the group. It's a 1954

#1186 7 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

I know not a pinball but since Josh shared his find I had to share mine with the group. It's a 1954

You got it? That's awesome! It's a beautiful color!

#1187 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

You got it? That's awesome! It's a beautiful color!

Yes sir its at its new home and thanks earlier for the help with the "leakyfaucet" all is good now. I'll send you a pm on that game latter. We have a grandchild due any day so have a feeling I will be Shreveport bound at any time.

#1188 7 years ago

Nice old car JAH. Looks cool.

#1189 7 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

We have a grandchild due any day

Congrats!
    I'm having my 4th child in 8 days!

#1190 7 years ago

Guys, not sure how many of you saw but I did PU an AC/DC premium the other day. While I'm improving my flipper skills, im definitely not tournament ready. However I would really like to watch some quality players to see if I can pick up some techniques. I can bring some "good beer" in exchange for some a few plays and letting me hang around for a while. I moved from Shreveport to Houston about a year ago and we need to work on Louisiana's idea of good beer... I'm thinking Albita ain't it... I may get a few tomatoes thrown my way for that but I do love a good IPA

#1191 7 years ago

Wow, 4th child! I had to quit at two! Congratulations!

#1192 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Wow, 4th child! I had to quit at two! Congratulations!

Thanks, 3 ( and 4)weren't planned but now can't imagine life without. All my kids love pinball and we all play together almost nightly.

Quoted from Spg101:

I do love a good IPA

Yes!

#1193 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

Thanks, 3 ( and 4)weren't planned but now can't imagine life without. All my kids love pinball and we all play together almost nightly.

Yes!

That's awesome, my son and I have many nightly pinball-offs. I would say WoZ off's but we have a second now. My office is so noisy now with two pins going you can't hear the call outs. I want to let you know, I got my daughter into ATVs, shooting and dirt bikes, my son didn't want anything to do with them. So there are blessings where you wouldn't think you would find them...

#1194 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

Congrats!

Thats really fast. Most folks need at least nine months between them.

Congratulations. They get big fast!

4 boys (resized).jpg4 boys (resized).jpg

#1195 7 years ago
    Quoted from Leakyfaucet:

Wow, Leaky! That sure is some strong hormone treatments you must be taking.

Congrats.

#1196 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

While I'm improving my flipper skills, im definitely not tournament ready. However I would really like to watch some quality players to see if I can pick up some techniques. I can bring some "good beer"

Just go to Arcade's and KingNine's pinball tournament in Beaumont, TX on Sun Apr 30th.
    You'll get to meet 20 to 30 players that enjoy pinball, and it's not a major tournament, so you don't need to feel all intimidated.
    They are having a main tournament, and also a side tournament that is pingolf format. We can explain it all to you when you get there.
    They have an event created on Facebook for it under the Gulf Coast Pinball Club group pg.

#1197 7 years ago

Thank you, I will plan to be there barring any unforeseen circumstances. We did win the chili cook-off at classic in sugarland this weekend with my recipe. 1st in spicy and 3rd in crowd favorite.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

IMG_0796 (resized).JPGIMG_0796 (resized).JPG

#1198 7 years ago

You know the more I think about it I don't want to be the creep either wanting to watch other players ... do we have some good players on here now? That I am not,,, not that i'm lacking ambition just don't want to be the dork or creeper..

#1199 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

You know the more I think about it I don't want to be the creep either wanting to watch other players ... do we have some good players on here now? That I am not,,, not that i'm lacking ambition just don't want to be the dork or creeper..

I plan on going to the tournament at the end of the month in beaumont. It will be my first one to attend. I'm in no way, a good player. I watch YouTube videos for some tips but I love watching other people play and I'm not a creeper, and I doubt anyone will think you are either... so far everyone that I've met in this group is really nice and hospitable. I will be at the tourney to learn and get to know everyone better, not for stats.

#1200 7 years ago

You guys really should just consider entering both tournaments or at least the side tournament.
    I really don't know why you are feeling all timid about it all.
    No one is gonna yell in your face "I beat you".
    I mean, come on Spg, you're holding a 4 ft tall trophy.
    A couple reasons why we hold local/regional tournaments is just to have a reason to get together to play pinball, and to earn some IFPA ranking points for the current year. No big deal.

Keep flippin.

There are 5,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.