(Topic ID: 161458)

Gulf Coast Pinball Club : SE Texas / SW Louisiana

By TigerLaw

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8864 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8863 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240407_155527588 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155535348 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155543392 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 120.
    #1101 7 years ago

Not going to make it this year fellas it's a real bummer.

#1102 7 years ago

Chapter 4: Bummer in Houma

#1103 7 years ago

I'm going to reach out to Kim V. about putting us together. I will only be bringing one and one of the Moncla's will be in the tournament. If my count is right we will have four games.

Dennis and Leon
    Mike
    Scott
    Chris (me)

I will ask for a small space near Pinside or Spooky.

#1104 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I'm going to reach out to Kim V. about putting us together. I will only be bringing one and one of the Moncla's will be in the tournament. If my count is right we will have four games.

Dennis and Leon
    Mike
    Scott
    Chris (me)

I will ask for a small space near Pinside or Spooky.

That would be great, Nevus

#1105 7 years ago

The process has started picked up some awesome orange and a second cleaner to clean off the nicotine of the cabinet it rolled off with the awesome orange

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1106 7 years ago

I'm wondering what you all think of Alien? Most of you know that the Moncla's and I are among some of the very few USA owners of Full Throttle. Some of you may have seen us list our games for sale or trade. I've been on the fence about Full T, but have currently decided to wait it out for Alien to develop.

Here's my two cents about it. It's early and has great potential. I was a day one (Jan 2011) order for WOZ and received one of the first games. Those early games had lots of issues, but the later units are spectacular. Vowing not to do that again, I purchased Full T after they were available in a box at the show. Well, it turns out I got number 46 buecause they just hadn't sold that many games. After a year, my fears have been relieved. The game is well built and any issues that I have have been resolved. The company is young and still don't have a good customer service system, but Andrew and his team will email, call or skype you directly to resolve any issues that you have.

I had hoped to buy an Alien kit this year. After seeing the progress, I think the Alien kit would be a safer and more refined purchase next year. I'm certainly looking forward to playing it at the Texas show in a few weeks.

#1107 7 years ago

Checking out Alien at TPF will help you decide what you want to do concerning Full Throttle and Alien.

#1108 7 years ago

I bought Alien this weekend. Paid in full. I'll let you know how it goes when it gets delivered in the not too distant future.

While I wait, I bought a CFTBL : ).

#1109 7 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Dennis and Leon
    Mike
    Scott
    Chris (me)

Gonna be 3 machines I'm afraid. I'm not exhibiting after all. POTC sold.

#1110 7 years ago

Hi, I'm new.

The games I like:
    Blackout (Idk, retro sounds and colors and simplicity)
    Black Knight 2000 (only played virtual, just cool)
    Junkyard (fun theme and collecting, cool minigames)
    Midevil Madness (silly-cool)
    Wizard of Oz 75th (ooooooo preeeetttyyyyy)
    F-14 (tactical theme and sounds are cool)
    Some Roses EM game (EM's are simple and easily measurable skill, without a ton of rules to obfuscate base skill)

Games I dislike:
    Twilight Zone (seems like a bunch of random crap with poor aedthetical interactions)
    Firepower (board is fugly)
    Game of Thrones (boring. Lots of loops/ramps but boring and monotonous. Non LE extra boring)
    Addams Family
    Anything with death themes
    AC/DC and Metallica (themes are crap to me)
    Most modern Sterns that seem like the same repetitive game
    Banging on the machine to nudge stuff (I have a "Just play the damn game" mentality)

These are MY views/tastes, so "hey I think you'd like X" are appreciated.

#1111 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jeremy8419:

Hi, I'm new.
    The games I like:
    Blackout (Idk, retro sounds and colors and simplicity)
    Black Knight 2000 (only played virtual, just cool)
    Junkyard (fun theme and collecting, cool minigames)
    Midevil Madness (silly-cool)
    Wizard of Oz 75th (ooooooo preeeetttyyyyy)
    F-14 (tactical theme and sounds are cool)
    Some Roses EM game (EM's are simple and easily measurable skill, without a ton of rules to obfuscate base skill)
    Games I dislike:
    Twilight Zone (seems like a bunch of random crap with poor aedthetical interactions)
    Firepower (board is fugly)
    Game of Thrones (boring. Lots of loops/ramps but boring and monotonous. Non LE extra boring)
    Addams Family
    Anything with death themes
    AC/DC and Metallica (themes are crap to me)
    Most modern Sterns that seem like the same repetitive game
    Banging on the machine to nudge stuff (I have a "Just play the damn game" mentality)
    These are MY views/tastes, so "hey I think you'd like X" are appreciated.

Funny. I can't stand the sound on F14 and love every game you hate as well as nudging, which is a huge part of playing pinball correctly.
    But welcome to the group and pinball. Everyone is certainly different with tastes.

#1112 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Funny. I can't stand the sound on F14 and love every game you hate as well as nudging, which is a huge part of playing pinball correctly.
    But welcome to the group and pinball. Everyone is certainly different with tastes.

My thoughts exactly arcade

#1113 7 years ago

Tilting is trying lol

#1114 7 years ago

Some games would be almost impossible without some measure of nudging, shaking, or sliding - Iron Man and TWD for example.

#1115 7 years ago

Picked up a Elvira last night

IMG_0188 (resized).JPGIMG_0188 (resized).JPG

IMG_0189 (resized).JPGIMG_0189 (resized).JPG

#1116 7 years ago

Keep it for use in the May tournament. This is a grail machine for some collectors. Way to go Zuk!

#1117 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Keep it for use in the May tournament. This is a grail machine for some collectors. Way to go Zuk!

Tourney in Houma in May?

#1118 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Some games would be almost impossible without some measure of nudging, shaking, or sliding - Iron Man and TWD for example.

That's the point lol. It's what makes it fun and rewarding.

#1119 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Picked up a Elvira last night

Where does he get such wonderful toys?

#1120 7 years ago

I am now on the prowl to play and maybe purchase an AC/DC premium. Let me know if you find one at a reasonable price. Just sold my dirt bike today... listed it and had 8 people lined up to buy. I had people trying to offer more than asking to cut in line.... that's not me. Just because you have more $$$ doesn't make you first!

I had someone (who I don't respect but had good advise) tell me if "if you always do the right thing, you never have anything to worry about". That has provided me some comfort over a decade and always try to live by it.

#1121 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Tourney in Houma in May?

Don't worry, it won't be when you & Pavball are having your tourney/party.
    Tentative date for Houma pin tourney is Sat May 13th.
    We have not yet added it to IFPA calendar.

#1122 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Tourney in Houma in May?

Yup trying to put something together in may but not set on the date yet.

#1123 7 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Where does he get such wonderful toys?

Shhhhhh!!!! Be vewy vewy quiet. Lol

#1124 7 years ago

Don't worry, it won't be when you & Pavball are having your tourney/party.
    Tentative date for Houma pin tourney is Sat May 13th.
    We have not yet added it to IFPA calendar.

Cool. Who is running our May LC tourney? Have we uploaded it to IFPA?

#1125 7 years ago

TigerLaw,

I would volunteer to help enter and run tournament, but I likely will be visiting family in Indiana in late May. So, sadly, I won't be there to hang out w/ my pinball friends. Major bummer.

#1126 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Cool. Who is running our May LC tourney? Have we uploaded it to IFPA?

I was unaware of a May tourney. May will be a lousy month for me to do much on the weekends. Seth has all the stuff for graduation and we head to Seattle at the end of May.

#1127 7 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I was unaware of a May tourney. May will be a lousy month for me to do much on the weekends. Seth has all the stuff for graduation and we head to Seattle at the end of May.

Pav wants to move it too it seems. May need to push a month regardless.

#1128 7 years ago

I registered on TPF website to bring a classic ss Gottlieb pinball machine.
    Looks like 370+ pinball machines registered as of Tue afternoon 3/21/17.
    Plan to set it up in the ArkLaTex Pinball Club & Gulf Coast Pinball Club area.

Starting to get pumped up about TPF.
    Hope I can get there on time Fri to set up my machine, and still make it to GEX/Pinside Meet & Greet at The Wild Pitch (Fri 3:30 - 5 pm).

#1129 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Shhhhhh!!!! Be vewy vewy quiet.

Zuk learned from the best.
    Shhh-Im_hunting_pinball_machines (resized).jpgShhh-Im_hunting_pinball_machines (resized).jpg
    ElmerFudd-hunting (resized).pngElmerFudd-hunting (resized).png

#1130 7 years ago

May purchase an AC/DC premium on Thursday!

#1131 7 years ago

Great game

#1132 7 years ago

Hey, how come all you people play pinball? I play because I spend too much time on the internet and the real world version of the internet (conversing with people way too much) and I enjoy the fact that compared to my current "regular," pinball is more physical.

#1133 7 years ago

Just picked up an AC/DC premium! Looks good but having an issue with bell return. Will have to do some homework on that. Still thrilled at the purchase.

IMG_0756 (resized).JPGIMG_0756 (resized).JPG

#1134 7 years ago

Wife and kids are firmly convinced I have "lost my pinballs" jumping into this hobby ankle deep head first. The AC /DC is awesome, I think I just had a level issue with the machine and the bell drain.

#1135 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Looks good but having an issue with bell return. Will have to do some homework on that. Still thrilled at the purchase.

There are a lot of current or forms ACdC owners active in this thread. Describe the problem you are having.

#1136 7 years ago

Looks like if figured it out. Machine was a little off bubble and played it some more and still hung up. The bell "clacker" had backed out and was touching the playing field. Couple of twists in and we're cooking with kerosene! Thanks, seems like a great bunch of people here.

#1137 7 years ago

Not sure if anyone watches tanked but they just had an episode were the did fish tanks around a pinball machine season 1 episode 6 pinball wizard's pretty cool

#1138 7 years ago

Who is here at TPF?

#1139 7 years ago

Me.

#1140 7 years ago

Where at?

#1141 7 years ago

The Pinside booth always has a lot of Pinsiders. I think the meet and great already happened earlier though.

#1142 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

The Pinside booth always has a lot of Pinsiders. I think the meet and great already happened earlier though.

The meet and greet happened at wild pitch, a breasturant .... not conducive of introducing the wife to the pinball crowds. Met a few cool people. Looking forward to tomorrow. If you see a guy playing pinball, that's me.

#1143 7 years ago

Sorry, already spent last week in Dallas. Not only am I tapped after this week I'm exhausted too. Have fun and don't be strangers...

#1144 7 years ago

Great first "official" day.

Dialed In is the shit! I love this game.
    Aerosmith is fun, but plays Aerosmith music and only one of their two good songs.
    Alien looks cool, but have only played one game so far.

Lots of nice games.

#1145 7 years ago

Robin sporting our club shirt at TPF.

IMG_3601 (resized).JPGIMG_3601 (resized).JPG

IMG_3603 (resized).JPGIMG_3603 (resized).JPG

#1146 7 years ago

When at TPF, turn it up to 11.
    20170325_153730 (resized).jpg20170325_153730 (resized).jpg
    20170325_154457 (resized).jpg20170325_154457 (resized).jpg

#1147 7 years ago

Ha! That's great! Why don't you just make 10 louder... this one goes to 11

#1148 7 years ago

When at TPF, turn it up to 11.

That game made me laugh out loud. Such attention to detail with the movie.

#1149 7 years ago

How many would not get that.....!OMG I was Lmao when I saw it....

#1150 7 years ago

TPF was awesome for a first pinball experience. It was great meeting the Moncla's mafia and playing a few rounds with Mike. Congrats to Preston! Can't wait to do it again! See yall soon.

There are 5,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana/page/23?hl=jeremy8419 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.