By TigerLaw

1 year ago

Stats

• 2,171 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Pinball-is-great
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 886 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

32FF7A9B-1F28-4381-B0E2-E08AEA358C49 (resized).jpeg
    2A65BC6C-D07C-45B7-8B4E-C9E29292F421 (resized).jpeg
    41C58542-6F3B-42AF-A6B7-ABB837C2FE90 (resized).jpeg
    0D806B5D-78D9-4A1A-B0F1-D4C36AC9400B (resized).jpeg
    6177FA19-3C74-4E5B-A3C4-CE5CBA6DF4D2 (resized).jpeg
    51850018-9995-42C7-99CE-7D1FBA185384 (resized).jpeg
    20171208_112839 (resized).jpg
    IMG_5060 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5059 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5053 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5057 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5055 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5050 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5047 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5048 (resized).JPG
    IMG_5045 (resized).JPG

There are 2171 posts in topic. You are on page 21 of 44.
    #1001 10 months ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Machine trading day. Hello MM.

That's my hand!!!!!!!

#1002 10 months ago

IMG_3871 (resized).JPGIMG_3878 (resized).JPG

#1003 10 months ago

The new high fantasy line up.

IMG_3879 (resized).JPG

#1004 10 months ago

Thank you for coming by today Nevus and mudflaps. IMG_4704 (resized).JPG

#1005 10 months ago

The newest little Pinball player is quite handsome. He was so cute I didn't want to put him down.

Great to see everyone. Here is the other side of the trade. It's in amazing condition and seems quite happy next to the Bar.

image (resized).jpg

#1006 10 months ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

Thank you for coming by today Nevus and mudflaps.

And thanks to Nevus for holding me very nicely.

#1007 10 months ago

Here's my lineup for a future tourney or swap

IMG_0249 (resized).JPG

#1008 10 months ago

Just got home from EM class in Hockley TX good to have seen some fellow GCPC members there. I'm still no EM expert but i do think I learned something

#1009 10 months ago
    Quoted from JAHpinWizard:

Just got home from EM class in Hockley TX good to have seen some fellow GCPC members there. I'm still no EM expert but i do think I learned something

That sounds awesome! I did not know that was happening.

What's everyone else up to this weekend?

#1010 10 months ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Oh, pinball party and tourney at Mudflaps!!

#1011 10 months ago

Pavball,
    I like the way your mind quickly plans pinball parties & tournaments.

#1012 10 months ago

3 more days till state!!!

#1013 10 months ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Nice collection! cant wait till you have a tourn there

#1015 10 months ago

And here we go!!!

IMG_3893 (resized).JPG

#1016 10 months ago

Congrats to Preston, he joins the small club of people who have won states championships in two different states.

IMG_3911 (resized).JPG

#1017 10 months ago

Some congrats and big thanks to send out to:
    * TigerLaw and Pavball for hosting the IFPA Louisiana State Pinball Championship in Lake Charles, LA on Sat Feb 11, 2017.
    TigerLaw has assembled a great collection of pinball machines that are a lot of fun to play.
    * Jodester, Wendell, (and me) for helping to get games ready for the tournament
    * JAHpinWizard for helping out at the tournament with handling/collecting entry fees, tracking tournament bracket player progress, etc.
    * Arcade for taking some pics and helping out with resolving issues during tournament

I had a blast.
    Here's a pic with TigerLaw, 1st place winner Preston M., and 2nd place finisher Dale B.
    TigerLaw-Host-Preston1st-Dale2nd-LA_St_Championship-Feb2017 (resized).JPG

#1018 10 months ago

A pic from some of the game play yesterday

image (resized).jpeg

#1019 10 months ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

* Jodester, Wendell, (and me) for helping to get games ready for the tournament

Yep, you guys are awesome. Other than Medusa everything played amazing and held up well all day.

#1020 10 months ago

Congratulations Preston. Good times for all.

#1021 10 months ago

Anyone have more pics from yesterday? I didn't take too many apparently.

#1022 10 months ago

We enjoyed having everyone over. I wanted to give a special thanks to Jody and Mike for all their effort to make sure the machines performed at high levels.

I hope to play well enough in 2017 to make the tournament cut next year.

#1023 10 months ago

Here are some that I took.

IMG_3409 (resized).JPG

IMG_3411 (resized).JPG

IMG_3412 (resized).JPG

IMG_3420 (resized).JPG

IMG_3416 (resized).JPG

#1024 10 months ago

I submitted results for all 16 positions to IFPA for the LA State Pinball Championship held Feb 11th, 2017.
    IFPA will probably review & approve all uploaded results for all state championships (and Canada Provinces) in the next couple days.
    Results for LA are:
    1st Preston M.
    2nd Dale B.
    3rd Luke M. (last yr's 2nd place finisher in LA St Championship)
    4th Adrienne B. (last yr's LA St Champ)
    5th Mike P.
    6th Mike V.
    7th Leon M.
    8th Gene K.
    9th Dennis M.
    10th Allen R.
    11th Edwin H.
    12th Jody A.
    13th Kevin K.
    14th Jason C.
    15th Josh D.
    16th John F.

#1025 10 months ago

What is the next pinball event for the club? The Dallas show?

#1026 9 months ago

Here is link to IFPA website, for 2017 LA SCS Standings.
    Results and points awarded from the LA State Pinball Championship were posted last night.
    https://www.ifpapinball.com/rankings/custom_view.php?id=91

#1027 9 months ago

Henry's Alien poster given to him by Andrew Heighway at the Rocky Mountian show last Summer. He wanted to hang it in the game room.

IMG_9377 (resized).JPG

#1028 9 months ago
    #1029 9 months ago

So much for not buying any more games this year. And I guess so much for not buying any more EM's. These were some what of have to buys my wife found these over 5 years ago and tried to get them for me as a birthday gift. Well that didn't happen but the family remembered us when it was time to let them go so I got them today only took like 6+ years to make the deal. They need a good cleaning so that will be happening soon.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#1030 9 months ago

Great photos.
    Let's see more as you get them cleaned up and running.

#1031 9 months ago
    Quoted from JAHpinWizard:

Is there a Aliens pinball in Henry's future?
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/alien-pinball-official-game-thread

I'm not sure. I'm thinking about selling Full Throttle to try something new. Alien does look great. My current money is going to Keith Holbrook to restore my 81 Eight Ball Deluxe. Dropping it off next weekend!

#1032 9 months ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

My current money is going to Keith Holbrook to restore my 81 Eight Ball Deluxe. Dropping it off next weekend!

That's great! I think he will start on my Quicksilver sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Your MM is playing great right now by the way. All the switches work perfectly. Really nice game.

#1033 9 months ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I'm not sure. I'm thinking about selling Full Throttle to try something new. Alien does look great. My current money is going to Keith Holbrook to restore my 81 Eight Ball Deluxe. Dropping it off next weekend!

Mmmmm. Eight Ball Deluxe.

#1034 9 months ago

My Arcade here in Beaumont, Colorado Canyon is going to sell two pinballs.
    Below is my post from the Gulf Coast Pinball Facebook page. Wanted to offer them locally first before posting a for sale here on Pinside.
    Here is a cut and past with the photos.

Two Pinballs for sale. These are location games and are being sold and priced as such. These are not games from our personal collection, but are on location at our arcade. They are however very well kept and clean. We are selling these to bring in other games, they both work great. Star Trek Pro $4300. Full Throttle $5995. The Ghostbusters is not for sale. Posting locally here first. Star Trek has no issues. Full Throttle has the lower monitor out but a new one is on the way from Heighway pinball. Cointaker has promised us the new owner will get the monitor as soon as it arrives from over seas. Here are the photos. Message me if interested or call Colorado Canyon here in Beaumont.

IMG_3448 (resized).JPG

IMG_3449 (resized).JPG

IMG_3450 (resized).JPG

IMG_3451 (resized).JPG

IMG_3452 (resized).JPG

IMG_3453 (resized).JPG

IMG_3454 (resized).JPG

IMG_3456 (resized).JPG

IMG_3455 (resized).JPG

IMG_3458 (resized).JPG

IMG_3460 (resized).JPG

IMG_3461 (resized).JPG

IMG_3463 (resized).JPG

IMG_3465 (resized).JPG

IMG_3466 (resized).JPG

#1035 9 months ago

Hey TigerLaw and Pavball,

Just received my prize for winning the Romp in the Swamp Project Pinball Charity Fundraiser Pinball Tournament last August.
    I'll get it framed up with glass front and back, so that it can be lit up from the backside.
    Should go well with my other 3 framed up translites (GnR, Metallica, & Wipe Out).
    1st_place_prize-RompintheSwamp-ProjPinball_tourney (resized).jpg

#1036 9 months ago

Hey, just getting into this but I travel to Beaumont frequently. I go out to orange and interested in watching some quality players to see if I can pick anything up. Just bought a WoZ and it's awesome. Never been in a tournament and would like to see some serious play. I move a lot, keep me updated....

#1037 9 months ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Hey, just getting into this but I travel to Beaumont frequently. I go out to orange and interested in watching some quality players to see if I can pick anything up. Just bought a WoZ and it's awesome. Never been in a tournament and would like to see some serious play. I move a lot, keep me updated....

Awesome. Welcome to the group.
    Whenever you are in Beaumont just let me know with a PM here on Pinside.
    We love to have people over to play and talk Pinball.
    Leon.

#1038 9 months ago

I got "the bug" bug time on pinball after my 11 year old sone drug me to an arcade in Houston. I've been playing my machine every night since I bought it. There have to be some "tricks of the trade" I can pick up on. Bought one, now wanting more. Doctor told me I shouldn't be riding dirt bikes anymore, time for a new hobby?

#1039 9 months ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

I got "the bug" bug time on pinball after my 11 year old sone drug me to an arcade in Houston.

If you haven't already take your son to the game preserve and the Lone Star pinball museum in Hockley you can Google both. For the Pinball museum you will have to coordinate your tour with the owner he loves to talk pinball and will turn on the games so you can play.

#1040 9 months ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

I got "the bug" bug time on pinball after my 11 year old sone drug me to an arcade in Houston. I've been playing my machine every night since I bought it. There have to be some "tricks of the trade" I can pick up on. Bought one, now wanting more. Doctor told me I shouldn't be riding dirt bikes anymore, time for a new hobby?

Welcome to Pinside and pinball. Hope you can make it to some of our Gulf Coast area events. Try to hit up TPF next month in Dallas, great show.

#1041 9 months ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Welcome! We have nice group from a large area (especiall if you count us Yankees up here in Shreveport) that likes to get together. Looking forward to meeting you.

#1042 9 months ago

Actually my last move was from Bossier city. We move a lot with my job, about every three years. We're actually on our 8th move. I never know how long I'm going to be in any one place. Shortest time was 11 months in San Francisco, longest was in Michigan 7 years.

#1043 9 months ago
    Quoted from Spg101:

Bought one, now wanting more. Doctor told me I shouldn't be riding dirt bikes anymore, time for a new hobby?

WOZ was an excellent selection for a first machine. WOZ pairs best with a fast modern Stern with good flow like Metallica or Star Trek.

#1044 9 months ago

We just installed our new inserts over the rollover lanes yesterday. The game plays so much better when the ball is not swooping all over the place with the old cupped inserts.

IMG_3477 (resized).JPG

#1045 9 months ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

We just installed our new inserts over the rollover lanes yesterday. The game plays so much better when the ball is not swooping all over the place with the old cupped inserts.

What game is that? Looks great. More pics?

#1046 9 months ago

Joker poker?

#1047 9 months ago

It is Jacks Open. A Gottlieb wedge head. And it is a blast to play.
    Here are more pics.

IMG_3475 (resized).JPG

IMG_3478 (resized).JPG

IMG_3476 (resized).JPG

IMG_3479 (resized).JPG

IMG_3480 (resized).JPG

#1048 9 months ago

I just dropped off Eight Ball Deluxe! Hope to get it back from Keith in the Summer.

#1049 9 months ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I just dropped off Eight Ball Deluxe! Hope to get it back from Keith in the Summer

Did he mention anything about the Quick Silver by chance? Just curious, I know it's getting close to its time to be started.

#1050 9 months ago

No. I mentioned it to him, but he didn't mention dates.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 87.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 43.50
    € 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 85.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 9.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 5,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 115.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Merf's Pins
    $ 199.99
    $ 9.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Siegecraft Electronics
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 89.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 7.00
    Various Other Swag
    Double Danger Pinball
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 2171 posts in topic. You are on page 21 of 44.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside