3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4,410 posts
  • 78 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 days ago by WavingWilly
  • Topic is favorited by 50 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,879 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

6EF22B8D-240A-4E57-981C-E4EAC2D04C7B (resized).jpeg
    8902C516-EB29-47F1-A428-525A73EC1840 (resized).jpeg
    86ADC368-B7AF-4E1F-9D0E-16D0A59A7B6B (resized).jpeg
    85ED8E59-D62B-4B4B-BDBF-1EBBE6FD9453 (resized).jpeg
    69C7997D-EB5A-433E-8284-3FA90814F732 (resized).jpeg
    F972159F-C2CF-4EB4-891A-1DFDF17C8373 (resized).jpeg
    50DFF96C-E008-447E-9A10-DCCC56F0738E (resized).jpeg
    771D1EF5-3D9E-41D0-BB1F-8455533EBA14 (resized).png
    B1434FBE-841B-48E0-BC1F-9866ABB68AFF (resized).jpeg
    701EFE9F-490B-43B2-A9D8-399E5202DD31 (resized).jpeg
    A9F2814C-8E59-449A-A289-28E65A824666 (resized).jpeg
    6B6CAF5D-F25D-4F18-B75E-B19B2C39ECD9 (resized).jpeg
    0F3C2E88-F297-4493-B21B-639B1358743A (resized).jpeg
    E6B17213-A468-40EB-A942-1D50322ADDF8 (resized).jpeg
    9CEA382D-ABF4-40F1-89E1-CA492C70C32C (resized).jpeg
    E3B85B63-A66B-49AA-B8F1-45FD15D08868 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4410 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 89.
    #551 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone here getting in on the new Batman?

Love the theme, but not buying anything without more information.
    I'm sure it's going to be great but we will wait to make sure everything is good.
    Our Ghostbusters Pro has zero ghosting but the crazy stories showing up with the LE's has me a bit worried about my premium. Hopefully the issues have been solved.

#552 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Love the theme, but not buying anything without more information.
    I'm sure it's going to be great but we will wait to make sure everything is good.
    Our Ghostbusters Pro has zero ghosting but the crazy stories showing up with the LE's has me a bit worried about my premium. Hopefully the issues have been solved.

Good point. Best to take a wait and see approach. I'm really looking forward to playing BM66 though!

#553 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

No way. This PF stuff has got to be addressed. Games are flooding the market and I have a lot of old games still on my list. I think my next new game will be an Alien Kit. Other than that, I'm passing on new Sterns for a while. I'm really enjoying my current line up.

I'm going to be the annoying houseguest that plays your games, talks about my youth, drinks too much, overstays my welcome, and passes out underneath BBB.

#554 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'm going to be the annoying houseguest that plays your games, talks about my youth, drinks too much, overstays my welcome, and passes out underneath BBB.

Hey! It's Uncle Mudflaps!
    We look fwd to hanging out and playing pinball with Uncle Mudflaps.

#555 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Hey! It's Uncle Mudflaps!
    We look fwd to hanging out and playing pinball with Uncle Mudflaps.

Not as much as I look forward to:

1. Drinking beer
    2. Driving my own car
    3. Eating a cheeseburger
    4. And... other stuff

Looking forward to hanging out with you guys!

#556 3 years ago

Mudflaps are you stationed in Korea? I did lots of drinking when I was there in 1988 no Driving ate at Mr Lee's make shift burger joint nothing like a hamburger at 2 am with an egg on it when you come out of the club's.

#557 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Mudflaps are you stationed in Korea? I did lots of drinking when I was there in 1988 no Driving ate at Mr Lee's make shift burger joint nothing like a hamburger at 2 am with an egg on it when you come out of the club's.

I wish I was in Korea! I'd be swilling Soju like it was my job. I was there a few years ago and ate McDonald's the whole time. I'm not an adventurous fellow.

The Pyongyang location is a joke. I'm not really in North Korea.

#558 3 years ago

Mudflaps are you stationed in Korea? I did lots of drinking when I was there in 1988

I went to South Korea for a week in 2014. Beer was $4 a bottle. Hard alcohol was even more expensive. At $4 a beer, that's basically banning beer. The Koreans are just not big drinkers in general as a people...at least not compared to Americans.

#559 3 years ago

I drank enough Tiger beer on Diego Garcia to pickle my liver. That stuff is awful, but when it's all you got...

#560 3 years ago

Blame it on the Olympics in 1987 a beer was about .80 cents I went back in 2008 and I couldn't believe how much the country had changed 1988 no one had cars 2008 everyone has car's. There attitudes had changed also in 20 years. I asked about it and with the Olympics their country was basically discovered by all the other countries.

#561 3 years ago

Tiger law you should have asked for some Soju it will get you going I remember something about invisibility and invincibility when you drink it just depends on how much. I know the Rock Army (Korean Army) soldiers could drink but you're right in don't recall a lot of Koreans in the bars even when we went to a Korean bar and not a club for the Americans

#562 3 years ago

Tiger law you should have asked for some Soju it will get you going I remember something about invisibility and invincibility when you drink it just depends on how much. I know the Rock Army (Korean Army) soldiers could drink but you're right in don't recall a lot of Koreans in the bars even when we went to a Korean bar and not a club for the Americans

What I observed in a week in Korea was the Koreans are not that big into drinking or dining. They do not have long dinners where everyone hangs around the food chatting, the restaurants feed you and sweep you out.

I drank some Soju, but if you order more than one fill of it while at a restaurant you get looked at like you have some kind of drinking problem. Did you see the glass they usually serve it in? The one that talks about you missing work if you finish one glass...I mean, it really is ridiculous. Here is a copy, the same glass is in every restaurant that serves it...it's like a comical government warning not to drink and miss work.

Soju shot glass (resized).jpg

#563 3 years ago

Glasses, they didn't have those when I was there, here is what a small jungle juice looked like if you wanted a large it came in a kitty pool. both with straws they didn't let us have glass...

c9aaae808cbb9e409a8d4c2c37a369a1 (resized).jpg

#564 3 years ago

Reminder for everyone interested. Red River Replay Tournament is Sept 24.

I plan to cook plenty of BBQ and have a great time.

Big Bang Bar
    GoT Pro
    LOTR LE
    STLE
    AMH
    Full Throttle
    Banzai Run
    Safecracker
    Centigrade 37
    Congo
    and Dr Dude if ready.

#565 3 years ago

When did you pick up a Dr. Dude?

Any hotel suggestions near your house? Marriotts preferred but Embassy Suit would be cool too if one is nearby.

We are super excited about your tourney. I'm going to go practice some Assault the Vault right now.

#566 3 years ago

Dr dude is the latest drop off from Charlie the local operator. Not mine, but a loaner to shop and enjoy for a few weeks as a favor for shopping it. It's not working properly now, but I plan to get it going in time.

#567 3 years ago

Ah I see you found a safecracker

#568 3 years ago

So, I couldn't let TigerLaw, PavBall and Zukboy have all the Met fun.... Metallica Premium Refinery Edition has officially joined the family!

IMG_1 (resized).JPG

IMG_2 (resized).JPG

IMG_3 (resized).JPG

IMG_4 (resized).JPG

#569 3 years ago
    Quoted from GreenWave:

So, I couldn't let TigerLaw, PavBall and Zukboy have all the Met fun.... Metallica Premium Refinery Edition has officially joined the family!

Oh man, those purple ramps are gorgeous!!!

#570 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Oh man, those purple ramps are gorgeous!!!

Agreed.
    Nice game.

#572 3 years ago

Thanks, gents. It's gonna make for a nice long weekend!

#573 3 years ago
    Quoted from GreenWave:

Nice!!!!!

#574 3 years ago

I'm really itching to get some purple armor for our pro now! Plus I've been dying to have sparky painted we just can't decide on what to paint him like. Lately we were leaning towards a Godfather theme since we have the mafia nickname now.

#575 3 years ago

Custom painted sparky is always a good idea!

#576 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

Plus I've been dying to have sparky painted we just can't decide on what to paint him like. Lately we were leaning towards a Godfather theme since we have the mafia nickname now.

Not sure if enough room on Sparky's chest and head, but possibly something short written on his shirt that sorta taunts you guys like:

Bring it Pinball Mafia! -or-
    Whatever Pinball Mafia! -or-
    No hat throwing here!

#577 3 years ago

Or:
    Bite Me GCPC!

#578 3 years ago

Maybe something more general/broader pinball related on Sparky:

Pinside Troll
    Stern Microwave Survivor
    $10k by Christmas
    You Pinsluts

#579 3 years ago

Project pinball (as in playing 1 of my projects)

image (resized).jpeg

#580 3 years ago

Put this up earlier today!

image (resized).jpeg

#581 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

Put this up earlier today!

Nice.
    Did you get that upper flipper angled a bit better to help out with the whirlpool shots?

#582 3 years ago

The Hoff will be making celebrity guest appearances at upcoming pinball tournaments and expos this year.
    He will be available for taking photographs with fans, and will be demonstrating proper head bobbling techniques.
    Sorry, no breathing techniques.

2016 Fall Calendar:
    Red River Replay / Project Pinball Ark-La-Tex Shootout Pinball Tournament, Sat Sep 24th, Shreveport, LA
    Romp in the Swamp II Pinball Tournament, Sat Oct 8th, Lake Charles, LA
    Oil City Open III Pinball Tournament, Sun Oct 9th, Beaumont, TX
    Houston Arcade and Pinball Expo, Fri-Sat Nov 11-12, 2016, Houston, TX (at booth for GCPC & ArkLaTex Pinball Club)
    Sharknado-prize-tournament (resized).jpg

#583 3 years ago

The Hoff will be making celebrity guest appearances at upcoming pinball tournaments and expos this year.
    He will be available for taking photographs with fans, and will be demonstrating proper head bobbling techniques.

Have you installed him in vehicle? That'd be awesome!

Jodester hid his prize. He and I will have side tournament bets with the karate kid photo moving forward.

image (resized).jpeg

#584 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Nice.
    Did you get that upper flipper angled a bit better to help out with the whirlpool shots?

Sure did it makes a world of difference. Thanks for the tip

#585 3 years ago

(at booth for GCPC & ArkLaTex Pinball Club)

Are we getting a both at HAAG? With Marcus being the tourney director I plan to spend most of the show in the tourney area like we did last year.

#586 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

Plus I've been dying to have sparky painted we just can't decide on what to paint him like.

Paint him like Preston. Give him a full beard and everything! It may toss Preston off his game when y'all have tourneys.

#587 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Are we getting a both at HAAG? With Marcus being the tourney director I plan to spend most of the show in the tourney area like we did last year.

I hadn't thought of it, but I wasn't planning to bring games. Do you want it just to support the show or for a specific reason like placing our games? I had a good time last year just hanging out in the tournament room.

I'm happy to support the show, but find the DJ area not to my liking. I only go in there to look for my kids.

#588 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

I hadn't thought of it, but I wasn't planning to bring games. Do you want it just to support the show or for a specific reason like placing our games? I had a good time last year just hanging out in the tournament room.

I don't think we need a booth. I was just responding to Pinball-is-great. The tournament area will be my hang out spot this year for sure.

#589 3 years ago

I have no business in your thread but I wish I was an honorary member.
    My sister lived in Baton Rouge for years.
    Had to thumb up a few awesome recent purchases, along w/great charity work/tourneys you put on.
    That is all. I'm out. Carry on.

#590 3 years ago
    Quoted from Vino:

I have no business in your thread but I wish I was an honorary member.
    My sister lived in Baton Rouge for years.
    Had to thumb up a few awesome recent purchases, along great charity work/tourneys you put on.
    That is all. I'm out. Carry on.

$375 round trip SFO to Shreveport weekend of 9/24!

#591 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don't think we need a booth. I was just responding to Pinball-is-great. The tournament area will be my hang out spot this year for sure.

Just to clarify a bit, I only meant to have a section of the floor space to group our machines together like we have done at TPF.
    I realize some club members may not be bringing machines to Hou Expo. I usually bring one machine to Hou Expo and to TPF.
    Last year I brought an e-m machine, so I actually ended up placing it in the e-m pinball machine area.
    No big deal if we don't have a club area for GCPC & ArkLaTex Pinball Club, but I do prefer it when we group our pins together.

I definitely don't want to have a formal booth with tables, since we are not selling merchandise/parts.
    If we do get a club area, I definitely don't expect anyone to sit in our area behind a table doing nothing.

#592 3 years ago

I'm bringing Quicksilver but it will be a tournament game in the tourney area. I assume it will fit in my Cad SRX? I know it doesn't fit a modern Stern, I hope it fits the classic stern.

#593 3 years ago

Tonights live game at 9:00 is Game of Thrones Pro.
    Enjoy if you have some time to kill.
    http://www.twitch.tv/thepinballmafia

Game-of-thrones (resized).png

#594 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

$375 round trip SFO to Shreveport weekend of 9/24!

We had a guest from Tennessee come in for Romp in the Swamp I!

Man, I'm so ready for your tourney! Can't wait to check out your Safe Cracker and BBB. Going to be a fun tourney.

#595 3 years ago

Hey guys, I'll be in the market when I arrive to Shreveport in early November. Looking for titles like:

BSD
    IM
    JP
    GOT Pro
    T3

Maybe some others. I'm all over the place with what I like. Keep me in mind if you're ready to sell.

#596 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone here getting in on the new Batman?

Yup, I have a deposit on an LE. Crazy -- I know, I know... but when you have the bug, you have the bug!

#597 3 years ago
    Quoted from GreenWave:

but when you have the bug, you have the bug!

I know, right?
    We have two pins on the way in the next two weeks and are already talking about Batman. lol

#598 3 years ago

Get "Lost in the Zone" tonight at 9:00
    www.twitch.tv/thepinballmafia

TZ1 (resized).jpg

#600 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

We will be watching!

Awesome be sure and say hello in the Chat.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 349.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    $ 159.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 218.00
    $ 24.50
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 8.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pinball Haus
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 64.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 27.99
    There are 4410 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 89.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside