Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 5,980 posts
  • 110 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8864 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8863 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240407_155527588 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155535348 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155543392 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 120.
    #4951 3 years ago

Just sold our Monster Bash LE this morning.
    We are now leaning heavily to swapping our Avengers Premium order over to a Guns N Roses LE.

#4952 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Just sold our Monster Bash LE this morning.
    We are now leaning heavily to swapping our Avengers Premium order over to a Guns N Roses LE.

I think that is an awesome change Leon.

#4953 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I think that is an awesome change Leon.

After much discussion tonight, every single one of us voted to change over to Guns N Roses.
    This game just seems to have it all.
    Reminds me of when Lebowski was announced and how much it looked like a Bally/Williams game. Well this game does that and more for us.

#4954 3 years ago

Quoted from PoBoyPinball:Just have to figure out when.

Sounds good James, and with nice Fall weather to enjoy. I'd like to attend, schedule permitting.

Just don't do it this Saturday with Hurricane Delta approaching.
    As of now, Tue night Oct 6th, landfall is predicted to be south-central LA (Iberia Parish, or Vermilion or St. Mary Parishes).
    However, the range of predicted possible landfall includes all coastal LA parishes, and a bit of SE TX.
    Let's hope the storm weakens before hitting the Gulf Coast,
    ...and that Lake Charles is on the good side of this storm (W of the eye).

#4955 3 years ago

(Formerly PinballRouge)

Really hoping this storm stops moving west and doesn’t gain much strength as it moves through the Gulf. I thought it was finally Baton Rouge’s turn but now it looks like Lafayette/Lake Charles again. Please everyone stay safe and reach out if you need anything.

On a less tense note, I’m considering experimenting a few of my EM’s by replacing the logic relays, steppers, and motor with a single digital controller to drive the playfield and scoring solenoids solenoids. I am curious whether that would be something others are interested in. It removes most of the failure points on an EM but doesn’t keep the inside original. Anyone seen anything like this?

#4956 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rougarou:

(Formerly PinballRouge)
    Really hoping this storm stops moving west and doesn’t gain much strength as it moves through the Gulf. I thought it was finally Baton Rouge’s turn but now it looks like Lafayette/Lake Charles again. Please everyone stay safe and reach out if you need anything.
    On a less tense note, I’m considering experimenting a few of my EM’s by replacing the logic relays, steppers, and motor with a single digital controller to drive the playfield and scoring solenoids solenoids. I am curious whether that would be something others are interested in. It removes most of the failure points on an EM but doesn’t keep the inside original. Anyone seen anything like this?

Isn't that what they did with the Pabst Can Crusher?
    Took an EM type machine and put solid state electronics in it, but it still appears like an EM from the outside if you ignore the sounds and such.

#4957 3 years ago

I am going to ride Delta out. My plan is to climb on my roof like Lt. Dan did on the shrimp boat in Forrest Gump.

It should make a great visual for the neighbors that didn't evacuate.

#4958 3 years ago

Raining hard here in Lafayette now.
    Waiting for Jodester to post a video or some pics.

#4959 3 years ago

Raining and windy here in Beaumont.
    Hoping for the best for all our members in the path.

#4960 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

Raining and windy here in Beaumont.
    Hoping for the best for all our members in the path.

The weather channel is basically a horror movie right now with those tarps flying off like napkins on a table with a gust of wind. I’ve turned off TWC for the rest of the day, can’t take it. Hope the collection survives.

#4961 3 years ago

Wow. We are on the tail end of this now in Beaumont and are getting our strongest winds yet.
    Truly insane.
    My yard is a mess of branches and small trees right now.
    Driveway it totally blocked.

I still miraculously have power but 77,000 customers in Beaumont without.

#4962 3 years ago

Same here in Lafayette Arcade. Rain is ending, but still really windy/gusty. I've heard 3 or 4 transformers blow nearby in Laf neighborhood in the past 3 hrs or so. Somehow, still have elec pwr at the house I'm at.
    Edit, update: just lost elec power. It's candlelight and flashlights til tomorrow morning.

#4963 3 years ago

Even in Baton Rouge we were up until 1:30 listening to the blowing transformers and wind. We have three trees down from our yard into multiple neighbors yards but only fence damage thank goodness! Except for the old boat of a friend that was a total loss even the trailer. Long hard cleanup but still so fortunate. Working on a generator now. Hope everyone made out well.

IMG_20201010_090946 (resized).jpgIMG_20201010_090946 (resized).jpgIMG_20201010_091300 (resized).jpgIMG_20201010_091300 (resized).jpgIMG_20201010_091546 (resized).jpgIMG_20201010_091546 (resized).jpg
    #4964 3 years ago

Wow, somebody is going to need a chainsaw to remove that tree...
    Probably gonna need a new boat too..
    Maybe the motor and other parts are still ok and can be installed on a new boat.

#4965 3 years ago
    Quoted from vendalah:

Even in Baton Rouge we were up until 1:30 listening to the blowing transformers and wind. We have three trees down from our yard into multiple neighbors yards but only fence damage thank goodness! Except for the old boat of a friend that was a total loss even the trailer. Long hard cleanup but still so fortunate. Working on a generator now. Hope everyone made out well.

Wow!!! All the way in Baton Rouge? I heard from a friend in Lafayette who lost power from Delta also. This storm had a large reach.

We are driving back in to LC tomorrow to assess things. I heard my office came out well, so the collection there should be safe and sound.

#4966 3 years ago

Not sure if any of you are following the GnR threads, check out this picture of the GNR SE model on the line. There is a stage in the upper left corner that fills in the game nicely. It's like they solved the problem of the big blank area in GoT Pro. I think it looks great. If the SE shoots good, this cool be a great option. It could be the preferred option. I like the look of upper PF's, but they aren't fun in sooooo many games. I’m in for an LE, but I would sure like to shoot both before I took delivery. Good times!
    47AFD7D7-8272-4249-8BF6-6994527A4F77 (resized).jpeg47AFD7D7-8272-4249-8BF6-6994527A4F77 (resized).jpeg

#4967 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Not sure if any of you are following the GnR threads, check out this picture of the GNR SE model on the line. There is a stage in the upper left corner that fills in the game nicely. It's like they solved the problem of the big blank area in GoT Pro. I think it looks great. If the SE shoots good, this cool be a great option. It could be the preferred option. I like the look of upper PF's, but they aren't fun in sooooo many games. I’m in for an LE, but I would sure like to shoot both before I took delivery. Good times!
    [quoted image]

Have they streamed the SE yet? I prefer fast, flowy games depending on the title. The upper playfield and Gibson lock seem super cool, but without playing, I don’t know how much stop and go they provide.

Keep us posted on your thoughts on the LE once you get it.

#4968 3 years ago

We're okay here. No extra damage to our house, still waiting for the contractor to fix it from the last damn hurricane. Power is out so I'm taking a day trip to Houston. Any ideas for a place I can swing in and play pinball? Going to be near the IKEA. And by IKEA I mean Whataburger. XD

#4969 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvolak:

We're okay here. No extra damage to our house, still waiting for the contractor to fix it from the last damn hurricane. Power is out so I'm taking a day trip to Houston. Any ideas for a place I can swing in and play pinball? Going to be near the IKEA. And by IKEA I mean Whataburger. XD

About 2 weeks ago, I visited a place in North Houston/Spring, Tx called Game Preserve:
    https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/4773-the-game-preserve-spring-tx
    Pretty unique place with lots of pinball and other stuff.
    $15 entry and you play everything for free.
    I think they have another location somewhere near downtown Houston also, but I did not see that place.

#4970 3 years ago

Hey guys, figured I'd post this here since this is the group within driving distance.

Other - For Trade
    “After collecting for multiple years, I find that I prefer the newer games. Primarily the A list 90s B/W games and deeper ruleset ones I cannot afford lol. I have some nice/rare/des...”
    2021-03-08
    Spring, TX
    Trade
    Archived after: 67 days
    Viewed: 1384 times

#4971 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvolak:

Glad you're okay! You've probably left Houston but we picked up our newest game at Joystix next to Minute Maid stadium but it might be open by appointment only.
    Dent00 that boat was not running, sentimental value only. And we will be paying pros to move all the trees. Just a lot of headache and money. Sorry we missed you in Shreveport!

#4972 3 years ago
    Quoted from kvolak:

If North go to game preserve Woodlands if south go to game preserve NASA location. Owners are great people

#4973 3 years ago
    Quoted from vendalah:

Dent00 that boat was not running, sentimental value only. And we will be paying pros to move all the trees. Just a lot of headache and money. Sorry we missed you in Shreveport!

Well, you know what they say about boats... Its a hole in the water that you pour money into. If you had insurance, it might be time to collect... Also, if it was me, I would be considering an investment in a nice Stihl chain saw instead of paying for loggers. But that is just me... I guess I'm just cheap, but I don't mind working a little bit.
    Nevus's setup in Shreveport is neat. He got a Stranger Things, so we got to try to hit the demagorg. I think I hit it once or twice. I also like the Total Nuclear Annihilation machine he has. That game will keep you on your toes. Beatles is also an interesting game. In general, a really nice lineup. Nice air conditioned brick building in the back yard too.

#4974 3 years ago

I found a couple of pins on my trip this weekend to Tennessee and grabbed a quick selfie!

81536C1A-DD03-456F-877F-ECA34BE4002E (resized).jpeg81536C1A-DD03-456F-877F-ECA34BE4002E (resized).jpeg
    #4975 3 years ago

I don't have any new pics of the damage from Delta. We got power back on Saturday evening and internet yesterday.

Too bad I still haven't heard anything back from State Farm about my claim. I would have pulled the trigger on an GnR LE.

#4976 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I may have pulled the trigger on an GnR LE.

Oh man, that would be amazing!!!!

#4977 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

Too bad I still haven't heard anything back from State Farm about my claim. I may have pulled the trigger on an GnR LE.

Yes Yes Yes!

#4978 3 years ago

I’m going over to fun this week to trade in SW and play the LE. All depends on Jury duty if I get picked. I’m sitting in the court house now.

#4979 3 years ago
    Quoted from Jodester:

I would have pulled the trigger on an GnR LE.

I can trade you mine after a while, if you can hold out!

#4980 3 years ago

Is anyone in the group grabbing an Avengers?

#4981 3 years ago

Darrell in Bossier is looking to sell his pro. He literally just got it.

#4982 3 years ago

Nevus,
    When replying to the various jury duty related questions, just include something about pinball in all of your responses. Any gun related questions be sure to mention that the new GnR pinball machine is bad ass.

#4983 3 years ago

Man, I’m glad the GNR threads are busy. Jury duty was a lot of waiting!

I got picked. They saw my 2019 TPF shirt and knew I was the obvious choice!
    Trial starts Wednesday so I’ll have to suffer through going to FUN tomorrow and playing GNR.

#4984 3 years ago

Saints Win!

STLE is loaded up and going bye bye. I’ll report in tomorrow after playing.

#4985 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

STLE is loaded up and going bye bye.

Where is you STLE going? If my memory is accurate that is the last game you still had that was in your collection when you made the move to your new home. This leaves Banzai Run as the longest lasting game in your collection?

#4986 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Is anyone in the group grabbing an Avengers?

We cancelled our Avengers Premium order as soon as last Monday happened. lol.

#4987 3 years ago
    Quoted from Arcade:

We cancelled our Avengers Premium order as soon as last Monday happened. lol.

So many new games I haven’t played. My last show, like so many of us was Houston 2019.
    I think today I’ll get to play Wonka, GNR, Avengers, Turtles and Hot Wheels.

#4988 3 years ago

GNR is seriously nice!

Just leaving town after spending a few hours at FUN. I didn’t play GNR a ton, maybe 6 games. I talk to much.
    I did see enough to know I definitely want one.
    The cabinet is great. I like the layout and the shots are obtainable for an average at best player like me. The music and video assets are insanely good.

I also played 1-2 games each on these others
    Hot Wheels - nice, but not for me.
    Avengers Pro - Not a big fan of the music, shots were not clicking for me.
    TMNT Pro - Fun and smooth shooting for me. I enjoyed it.
    JP Pro - I really like this game. Definitely a future “visit me at home” candidate.

#4989 3 years ago

I quit my awful job working for an evil corporation. So now I'll have more time for pinball. Keeping an eye out for the next event. XD

#4990 3 years ago

Great post kvolak. High-five to you.
    You should fit right in with our regional pinball clubs/gang (ArkLaTex & Gulf Coast & MS Dirty South Pinball Clubs).

2 weeks later
    #4991 3 years ago

Me and Niki’s 1st night out playing in a very long time. I have to tell you after playing my pins my clubs buds pins I have come a custom to a much higher quality game. Playing at the
    Game Preserve was fun but game conditions leaves a lot to be desired. Still had a good time!

FD2BF659-EFBE-4487-80F8-624316C91A4E (resized).jpegFD2BF659-EFBE-4487-80F8-624316C91A4E (resized).jpeg
    #4992 3 years ago

Looks like the Woodlands location

#4993 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bfults:

Me and Niki’s 1st night out playing in a very long time. I have to tell you after playing my pins my clubs buds pins I have come a custom to a much higher quality game. Playing at the
    Game Preserve was fun but game conditions leaves a lot to be desired. Still had a good time!

Looks like you had the arcade to yourselves. I sure hope location pinball makes a comeback in 2021. Gosh, I hope the IFPA makes a comeback in 2021.

PavBall and I are still looking for a well priced Shrek, in any working condition. If anyone comes across one let us know.

Zukboy2002 is selling his TWD at a good price. Anyone looking for a nice pro that plays perfect should reach out to him.

#4994 3 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Looks like you had the arcade to yourselves. I sure hope location pinball makes a comeback in 2021. Gosh, I hope the IFPA makes a comeback in 2021.
    pavball and I are still looking for a well priced Shrek, in any working condition. If anyone comes across one let us know.
    zukboy2002 is selling his TWD at a good price. Anyone looking for a nice pro that plays perfect should reach out to him.

I think Charlie has one on route. Want me to ask about it?

#4995 3 years ago

The girls’ orthodontist has the new GNR pinball. Loved it! The music sounds amazing and the game is beautiful.

D2D63EF2-824E-4AC4-9045-374F0EA1980E (resized).jpegD2D63EF2-824E-4AC4-9045-374F0EA1980E (resized).jpegFF8D8203-3546-4BA8-913A-FAEC2782B6EB (resized).jpegFF8D8203-3546-4BA8-913A-FAEC2782B6EB (resized).jpeg
    #4996 3 years ago
    Quoted from lizzyd:

The girls’ orthodontist has the new GNR pinball. Loved it! The music sounds amazing and the game is beautiful.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Too cool. I can’t imagine how loud that would seem in a quiet reception area.

#4997 3 years ago
    Quoted from lizzyd:

Looks like Lizzy got the high score. Those games look awesome. I usually hate going to the dentist, but I might make an exception if my dentist had machines like that in the waiting area.

#4998 3 years ago
    Quoted from lizzyd:

Pinball at the dentist office!!! I can’t even go into my dentist office without having to text them from the parking lot and they meet you at the door take your temperature before you can even go in.

#4999 3 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Pinball at the dentist office!!! I can’t even go into my dentist office without having to text them from the parking lot and they meet you at the door take your temperature before you can even go in.

Same here. To get in you have to fill out a survey and take your temp. Luckily, they let parents in while the kids go to the doc. The dentist knows we love pinball, so he came to make sure we played the newest one. He was excited!

#5000 3 years ago
    Quoted from lizzyd:

Same here. To get in you have to fill out a survey and take your temp. Luckily, they let parents in while the kids go to the doc. The dentist knows we love pinball, so he came to make sure we played the newest one. He was excited!

I would totally change my family’s dentist to this person if I lived within an hour’s drive. This is really awesome.

There are 5,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana/page/100?hl=dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.