(Topic ID: 161458)

Gulf Coast Pinball Club : SE Texas / SW Louisiana

By TigerLaw

7 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8864 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_8863 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20240407_155527588 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155535348 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240407_155543392 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_152655080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150844690 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150759249 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150747761 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20240323_150736772 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1255 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1258 (resized).jpeg
    432733713_7511479632206099_8792725856990103313_n (resized).jpg
    IMG_7784 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7786 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_7783 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 120.
    #451 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Sweet! I call Barraka or Sub Zero when I head your way next.

It might be Baraka vs Baraka lol he is my favorite

#452 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Hey wizzardz! Think you'll make it to Lake Charles next Saturday?

Don't think I'll be able to make it. As much as I'd like to (especially since Preston isn't supposed to show), unfortunately I have too many irons in the fire to get away.

#453 7 years ago
    Quoted from PavBall:

Is Allen on Pinside?

He is but he isn't lol. He doesn't get on much like Preston doesn't. I don't get on much but I look like a maniac compared to Allen. hahaha

#454 7 years ago
    Quoted from KingNine:

He is but he isn't lol. He doesn't get on much like Preston doesn't. I don't get on much but I look like a maniac compared to Allen. hahaha

Any word from Allen if he is still coming to the Romp in the Swamp?

#455 7 years ago

What games are you guys bringing to HAAG? Tiger and I are bringing our Quicksilver. Jodester has it running really nicely so we wanted to share it with everyone in Houston.

#456 7 years ago

We are just a few days away from the Romp in the Swamp. We currently have ten games set up and ready for tournament play (plus safe cracker which will only be utilized in the side tournament).

We play tested Varkon last night. It will be a tournament game, set to three balls, it's playing really great.

#457 7 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

We play tested Varkon last night. It will be a tournament game, set to three balls, it's playing really great.

I don't know if IFPA keep records, but thats got to be a first. Varkon in a Tournament.

You should see if you can add a high score at Twin Galaxies, who would be able to beat it?

#458 7 years ago

Yep! Varkon in a tournament, this will be interesting

#459 7 years ago

Allen said he is coming after he gets off work. Not sure when that will be. Sometimes he works till 3:00

#460 7 years ago

I'm ready to romp!!

#461 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

I'm ready to romp!!

Zuk,

Please post a pic of you wearing your romping uniform that you plan to wear to The Romp in the Swamp.

Does it look sorta like this?
    tag-team-wrestlers_(resized).pngtag-team-wrestlers_(resized).png

Or like any of these?
    Humungus_(resized).pngHumungus_(resized).png
    I_see_nothing!_(resized).jpgI_see_nothing!_(resized).jpg
    LtDangle-P1_(resized).jpgLtDangle-P1_(resized).jpg
    inflatable_sumo_suite_(resized).jpginflatable_sumo_suite_(resized).jpg

#462 7 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Zuk,
    Please post a pic of you wearing your romping uniform that you plan to wear to The Romp in the Swamp.
    Does it look sorta like this?

Or like any of these?

This should be a little distracting lol

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#463 7 years ago

Josh, if you wear that, I'm out. LOL

#464 7 years ago
    Quoted from Zukboy2002:

This should be a little distracting lol

Now announcing a team event side tournament: zuckboy and pinball-is-great will be on a team wearing their matching outfits!

#466 7 years ago

All the awards i made for the romp. I can't wait to see who takes them home.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#467 7 years ago

Those are cool as chit I would like to take the red one home

#468 7 years ago

Wow! Those look great! Well Done!

#469 7 years ago

Super cool Zuk. Excellent work.

#470 7 years ago

Tiger and Pav keep us posted if Romp in the swamp gets rained out. Radar looks like you guys are getting some heavy rain.

#471 7 years ago
    Quoted from PoBoyPinball:

Tiger and Pav keep us posted if Romp in the swamp gets rained out. Radar looks like you guys are getting some heavy rain.

We will be moving forward so long as the power stays on with whoever comes.

#472 7 years ago

Sounds good, I don't mind a little rain.

#473 7 years ago

A little rain is only refreshing, and rejuvenating in our case I am so excited about tomorrow!

#474 7 years ago

Romp in the swamp!

I'd love to join you guys but my youngest daughter made HS volleyball team and wife would kick my ass if I missed Vball tourney

You guys have a great time. I'll be following!

#475 7 years ago

I'm picking up a pin in the gulf coast area tomorrow morning and I was gonna try and come over for the tournament but the flooding is looking pretty bad. I'm going for the pin anyway so I'll check the road conditions when I p/u and still try to make it if possible

#476 7 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

I'm picking up a pin in the gulf coast area tomorrow morning and I was gonna try and come over for the tournament but the flooding is looking pretty bad. I'm going for the pin anyway so I'll check the road conditions when I p/u and still try to make it if possible

Flooding is over rated. Go meet tithe gang!

#477 7 years ago

Road trip with ULM PharmD. Mountains and Trailers.

#478 7 years ago

Found something good and packed it up

#479 7 years ago

Home safe!

#480 7 years ago

Nice find Nevus looks good in its new spot

#481 7 years ago

The bandit is in route to the swamp

#483 7 years ago

I'm still trying to make it, fingers crossed.

#484 7 years ago

Hey everyone:

The Romp in the Swamp is still happening today. If you can get here safely and trouble free please come.

That said, many of our commitments are not able to make it. The tournament will be smaller than anticipated. We will hold a Romp in the Swamp II a bit sooner than anticipated since so many of our good friends are being rained out. I will discuss this with Jody tonight and let y'all know the date he wants to do the next event.

Anyway, for those of you making it today we look forward to hosting you.

#485 7 years ago

Any chance of starting a little late, the washouts on 10 have got me running about 20-30 min late.

#486 7 years ago

Tiger looks like I'm out I started that way but had to head home not so much weather but something else came up at that I had to turn around for. Sorry I couldn't make it I wanted to

#487 7 years ago

Rerouted again, new ETA 5:30, go ahead and start without me.

#488 7 years ago

Apron of Destiny is here at Romp in the Swamp, and has already posted a high score during warm-ups.
    Boom!
    AOD-highscore-RompThis_(resized).jpgAOD-highscore-RompThis_(resized).jpg

#489 7 years ago

A Texas pinball player showed up to Romp in the Swamp.
    ...and he is drinking a Yuengling Lager. What is up with that. That is not even close to being a Lone Star beer.
    TigerLaw let's all kinds of people join in on the action.
    before_start_of_Romp_in_the_Swamp-Aug2016_(resized).jpgbefore_start_of_Romp_in_the_Swamp-Aug2016_(resized).jpg

#490 7 years ago

Safecracker machine being used in the side tournament called Assault the Vault.
    Safecracker-for-Assault_the_Vault-side_tourney_(resized).jpgSafecracker-for-Assault_the_Vault-side_tourney_(resized).jpg

Thanks TigerLaw, Pavball, and Jodester for making this a Project Pinball charity fundraiser tournament. It's a Win-Win!
    Safecracker-TigerLaw_(resized).jpgSafecracker-TigerLaw_(resized).jpg

#491 7 years ago

Romp in the Swamp is a fundraiser tournament for Project Pinball.
    ProjectPinballTournament-host-and-director_(resized).jpgProjectPinballTournament-host-and-director_(resized).jpg

#492 7 years ago

Looks like fun glad Allen made it. I hear Beaumont it getting very flooded right now.
    We just returned from whale watching and a glacier trip here in Alaska.
    Yesterday we took a train ride up into Canada.
    The trip has been awesome.
    Nice to see some pinball activities though.
    Good luck everyone.

#493 7 years ago

Really bummed that I am missing it. I got to Hammond and couldn't find a way around. Hopefully I'll be able to make it next time.

#494 7 years ago

Can't believe I had to mis it but in glad to hear you might be repeating it soon!!!!

#495 7 years ago
    Quoted from fumbleflippers:

Rerouted again, new ETA 5:30, go ahead and start without me.

Great to meet you fumbleflippers. Hope you enjoyed your time over here in SW LA, even though it was a lot of extra driving for you to get here.

LA interstates and highways get blocked quite often for wrecks, but over the years only occasionally for high water.
    Those road closures in different parts of LA messed things up for at least 3 or 4 other people trying to get here for this charity fundraiser pinball tournament.

#496 7 years ago

Big thanks to everyone who made it and everyone who tried to make it. Special thanks to Jodester for being the tourney director.

And, of course, congrats to Pinball-is-great for winning the main tourney and to Jodester for winning the side tourney! It was really a fun tourney and PavBall and I enjoyed hosting.

All the machines held up great throughout the tourney. I don't believe we had so much as a single glass removing stuck ball during the entire six hour period.

PavBall, Jodester and I will discuss possible dates for the Romp in the Swamp 2. As I mentioned earlier, due to the significant rain outs to our east and the absent Moncla Mafia members to our west, we will try and hold one more tourney here this year sometime.

#497 7 years ago

Our wonderful friend and tourney director Jodester. Thank you for everything!! I am so happy you won number one on Safe Cracker!!

#498 7 years ago

Thanks TigerLaw, had a great time at Romp in the Swamp!

#499 7 years ago

Allen clearly dominated throughout the tournament on Sorcerer. He won a game on it every match I believe.
    This machine came out in 1985, is fun to play, has great artwork, 2-ball multi-ball, and is a Mark Ritchie design.
    pinball_heaven_(resized).jpgpinball_heaven_(resized).jpg
    It sure was fun having Allen in the tournament.
    He gets pretty wound up, and really gives his hat a hard time after a wicked ball drain.

Varkon (1982) was an equalizer pinball machine for me during the tournament to help me win a few games.
    This early 80's machine has an upper and lower playfield, and is housed in a video arcade style cabinet.
    http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=varkon&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick
    Unknown if a Varkon has been used in other pinball tournaments, but since only 90 were ever produced, I'm fairly certain this is not a common occurrence, and is definitely the 1st time one was ever used in a Louisiana pinball tournament.

#500 7 years ago

Links to Fb to Romp in the Swamp tournament event.
    Jody posted a couple pics and tournament results here.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/GulfCoastPinballClub/events/
    https://www.facebook.com/events/497251593810496/
    Sure was a fun tournament.
    Nice mix of machines spanning about 35 years from 1980 Quicksilver to newer Stern machines such as 2014 The Walking Dead.
    tournament_games-Romp_in_the_Swamp_(resized).jpgtournament_games-Romp_in_the_Swamp_(resized).jpg

There are 5,979 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 120.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gulf-coast-pinball-club-se-texas-sw-louisiana/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.