(Topic ID: 201004)

Guitar Hero arcade fully refurbished - how's home ownership?

By VolunteerPin

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by VolunteerPin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Have a local buddy who has floated a trade plus cash idea for my AS pro (stock). I've never been into guitar hero stuff but can see where that might be a pretty cool thing to have for parties.

Any thoughts?

#2 1 year ago

For what your AS Pro is worth, you could buy a Optoma 3D 1080p Projector, a nice Elite Screen, an Xbox w/ practically every Guitar Hero disc, multiple wireless guitars, a receiver, and surround system... hell, a couch... and probably still have enough left over to buy a cheap Gottlieb.

But seriously, Guitar Hero is one of the few games I just don't see any value in owning the vid. The video game is still very good at parties. My $0.02.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

For what your AS Pro is worth, you could buy a Optoma 3D 1080p Projector, a nice Elite Screen, an Xbox w/ practically every Guitar Hero disc, multiple wireless guitars, a receiver, and surround system... hell, a couch... and probably still have enough left over to buy a cheap Gottlieb.
But seriously, Guitar Hero is one of the few games I just don't see any value in owning the vid. The video game is still very good at parties. My $0.02.

100% this.

#4 1 year ago

Yeah just get the XBOX or PS version... the guitar is better, you have a million times more songs, it's cheaper and you can always play the much better Rock Band games too.

#5 1 year ago

Our local dollar store has been clearing out Guitar Hero for the Xbox360, PS3 and Wii U for $4 including the game. This one guy couldn't wait to flip it and posted it online when he was still in the dollar store for $20.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-nintendo-wii-u/markham-york-region/guitar-hero-live/1298880104?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

If you look at the pic the $4 price tag is still on it

#6 1 year ago

Guitar Hero and Rock Band are the most common modern games I see in thrift stores... they're all over the place, worse than sports games. As said above, you could piece together a machine for far cheaper than the arcade unit, but the bigger issue seems to be that the whole home music game fad seems to be dying off. Keep your pinball machine...

#7 1 year ago

Thanks for the advice. I’ll be passing. I love this forum.

#8 1 year ago

I just serviced a guitar hero video arcade game...it runs on a PC with Windows XP

As the others have said, you're better off getting a console game system. You can install they AV system you want, and you will have a library of games available of the console.

The Guitar hero arcade game is a space hog and the screen really isn't that big.

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Really puts the cost of pins in perspective!

#10 1 year ago

It’s all good. My buddy already sold it when I told him I was out. Glad he sold it quick. Even better is I might do a trade for his SM vault. Will see if I can work that out

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 25.00
Apparel - Unisex
The Flipper Room
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside