Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Biffbar
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

a5e77b802fb153fcc221c876b152e61994b4e9a5 (resized).jpg
    image-2 (resized).jpg
    img554 (resized).jpg
    #1 7 years ago

I recently had the time to research Del Signore Sales Company in Fort Edward NY. What a shame that I am way too late to have had the opportunity to meet the man. I own a Gottlieb Team One that has written in magic marker inside the cabinet, "Del Signore Sales Co. Fort Edward, NY EST 1924".
    Did people in the area purchase the remains of his collection back then?

#2 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

I recently had the time to research Del Signore Sales Company in Fort Edward NY. What a shame that I am way too late to have had the opportunity to meet the man. I own a Gottlieb Team One that has written in magic marker inside the cabinet, "Del Signore Sales Co. Fort Edward, NY EST 1924".
    Did people in the area purchase the remains of his collection back then?

I was fortunate to have met him at his home late in his life. His "aid" was nice enough to show us what Guido had around (a lot!). I picked up a few items; mostly paper packets and a couple of playfields. He had a lot of old slot machines displayed in his home as well. I believe he passed away within a year or two after I met him, and I have no idea what happened to his estate. Many of his pins were "modified" as only Guido could have done. I know he used to "sign" his games as well, as is documented above. I've never had one of his games in my collection, although I live in the same state. He had to be close to 100 years old when he passed. I believe he was of Spanish (as in Spain) descent, not Italian as one might think because of his name. I think I might have a photo or two of him that I took when I visited.
    If I find them, I will post them.

1 week later
    #3 7 years ago

Guido was a great guy with many, many coin-op stories to share. Just a wealth of information.
    Here is the cover of the May 1991 issue of The Pinball Trader that Guido supplied photos for.

img554 (resized).jpgimg554 (resized).jpg

#4 7 years ago

I visited him shortly before he died. If I recall correctly, he had a full time aide taking care of him. I bought a whole bunch of old Billboard and other trade magazines. He made sure to tell me that the money I gave him was going to the church. He was very pleasant and interested in telling old coin-op stories. He wanted to know every machine I had, and had a story on each and every one.

#5 7 years ago

image-2 (resized).jpgimage-2 (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

He had an ad for a game I was interested in back in the Pinball Trader days. I called to inquire and had a very long conversation with him. I tried to buy the game, but it was obvious that he'd rather talk about it than sell it. Each time i'd bring the conversation back to the game, he'd launch into another story.

3 weeks later
    #7 7 years ago

As mentioned above, he "modified" pins. Well that is obvious with the problems I am having with the machine I have signed by him.

#8 7 years ago

is this the team one you are dealing with?

#9 7 years ago

Yup. Haven't looked further into this yet. I spent days going over this machine and had to walk away from it for now. Working on a Bowling Queen right now.

#10 7 years ago
    Quoted from Playdium:

Yup. Haven't looked further into this yet. I spent days going over this machine and had to walk away from it for now. Working on a Bowling Queen right now.

that is what i do when i hit a road block. sometimes you need to step away or you will go MAD
    some how he back feed power around that 6th position switch. have you pulled the bottom board out of the machine?

#11 7 years ago

No. Are you suggesting an inspection of the board and it's relays? I didn't see any jumpers or any obvious modifications that stand out, however who knows what he did.

#12 7 years ago

it is easier to give the bottom board a really good inspection if you pull it out. go over each and every relay and switch. you might be able to see something out of place. look for wire(S) that are outside of the lacing or wires that a a bit to long/short and any jumpers.
    because if you lock at the print that 6th position switch isolates the top half of the print. so i am guessing somewhere there is a jumper since you checked all the relay/ switches i suggested

#13 7 years ago

just a note i had a problem once that wrecked my mind. in the end it turned out that a wire on a relay switch. a single strand of the wire had come unwound and touched another switch tab. it was as thick as a hair so i never saw it for the longest time

#14 7 years ago

Pm me tomorrow if you still need pics.

1 month later
    #15 6 years ago

Very interesting. I now know not to sand over a scribble I noticed in my Neptune cab when I go to repaint! A buddy of mine (AvidListner) brought this thread and the note to my attention.

No hacks in my game except for the fact somebody used the wrong replacement coil for the series relay and it would score any of the rollovers. That was a little frustrating, series coils need to be low ohmage to have the circuit work properly (two coils in series). Im sure Guido would not have made that mistake.

a5e77b802fb153fcc221c876b152e61994b4e9a5 (resized).jpga5e77b802fb153fcc221c876b152e61994b4e9a5 (resized).jpg

#16 6 years ago

Took a vacation detour, many years ago, and met Guido at his house. Picked up a couple of 1930's pieces. Got the impression he that would pull out a few items at a time and fix them up. Probably saw only a small fraction of what he had stored away over the years.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guido-del-signore-sales-company-ny?hl=biffbar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.