63AFC457-2E97-4F9A-AF05-243985F8B364 (resized).jpeg
UpsideDown.jpg
IMG_6109.JPG
IMG_6107.JPG
IMG_6110.JPG
IMG_6105-129.JPG
IMG_6112.JPG
IMG_6113-453.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider talonslair.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 6 years ago

I know this is an older thread but I have a couple of questions. In post #2 , picture 4 shows the 2 microswitches with the diode bands oriented in different directions. Of the 2 microswitches, which one is correct? Shouldn't the diode band be oriented like the one in post #4 for all microswitches? Thanks.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Good eye catching that, but if will look again you will notice that the OP has the silver band facing the green wires in all cases which is correct.

Thanks for the reply GRUMPY. So the 4th picture in post #2 is correct?

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Yes both switches even tho they are different from each other the band still goes to the green wires.

Understood. Thanks a bunch!

5 years later
#55 1 year ago
Quoted from frenchmarky:

I used those type microswitches on my BK's drops (with modifications to the wireforms) and elsewhere, they work perfectly. Easily available and what the industry is using now. I got a few extra but doubt I'll ever need to replace one.
I don't think caps on BK rollover or drop target switches would have any positive effect, as opposed to a Bally/Stern from the same era where they are often used to lengthen the closure on some switches. They read the switches differently. On BK you may have caps on switches that fire off the 'special' solenoids like the pop bumper switch but those work differently than the computer-controlled ones.

Appreciate you both sharing these mods. I ended up swapping out leaf switches for microswitches for every rollover, every drop target, shooter lane, and bottom multiball kickout hole using those mods. I must say that it works flawlessly.
Thank you!

IMG_20210227_104358931 (resized).jpgIMG_20210227_104358931 (resized).jpg
#57 1 year ago
Quoted from rockwell:

Here's how I do mine. I swap to microswitches for these rollovers anytime I have a chance
[quoted image]

Same ones I used. The plastic bracket is cheap, reversible, and works great.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider talonslair.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guide-upgrading-early-ss-rollover-switches-to-microswitches?tu=talonslair and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.