Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Jrotten
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

Has Stern's new spike system made it easy to remove head for transport. Anyone done this and found any issues?
    Not found a step by step guide on YouTube which is surprising.

#2 5 years ago

There is hardly any cable running from the head to the cabinet so should be easy. The head itself is I think the same as the new style head prior to Spike, eg with SAM. Only a lot less cables

#3 5 years ago

yes, absolutly, very easy ! even me, with 2 "left hands", i do it with no prob

#4 5 years ago

I removed my GB in less than 5 minutes. It took longer to take the screws out of the back box connecting it to the cabinet. Super easy.

1 year later
    #5 3 years ago

Quick Q about taking the head off a Spike 2 game: Can you take the bolts easily out of the hinges at the cabinet, or best to take the bolts off the hinges at the heads and let them dangle and potentially scrape the art?

#6 3 years ago

Do you have mirror blades or side art installed? When yes much easier to remove from the head.

I usually remove them from the head. Never had a scratched cab art, so far at least .... you can fix them with some tape if you wish.

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from Rensh:

Do you have mirror blades or side art installed? When yes much easier to remove from the head.
    I usually remove them from the head. Never had a scratched cab art, so far at least .... you can fix them with some tape if you wish.

no blades installed. I took a closer look and will probably unbolt at the cabinet

2 years later
    #8 1 year ago

Any further advice I may need to do this. Either take a open bed pickup to get the game or a 2020 Buick Envision but will have to take head off to transport in the Buick. 8 hours driving. Newer Stern Avengers is the game.

#9 1 year ago

I’d take the pickup truck, fold head, put blanket or cardboard on the glass, shrink wrap it. Good to go.

#10 1 year ago

That is my first choice rain is the only thing that makes me nervous. Dallas to KC. Shrink wrap ok protection thru light rain if that happens?

#11 1 year ago

Do a shrink wrap, then tarp & shrink wrap again. I’ve done this & it’s fine. Of course keep a eye on the weather. Sounds like a long ride.

#12 1 year ago

Thanks that is what I was thinking appreciate the response. One of the reasons I really enjoy Pinside have a great day.

#13 1 year ago

Ok bro, Safe Travels.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guide-on-removing-head-from-a-stern-spike-system and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.