9 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 8 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by aeneas
  • Topic is favorited by 33 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 9 years ago

Here is a great video for those who wants to redo there decals.
    I learned allot from it and I've done 3 now without many problems

#2 9 years ago

Great video. Thanks for sharing.

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for posting this. Just watched the whole thing even though I am nowhere near the point of putting on new decals yet. But now I have a much better understanding of what all is involved in doing that and will definitely refer back to this if I ever attempt it myself.

#4 9 years ago

Thanks very much. I am about to have a go at of all things an IJ so very good tips for me.

#5 9 years ago

Great video. Total side question, he points out the 3 holes on the cabinet but says he doesn't know why. Does anyone know why some bally/williams cabs have 3 holes for the legs?

#6 9 years ago

Great job, but when you come across the top on the coin door decal, you should always work your way out to the edge and into the coin door area by continuing to go side to side. Don't try to push the air out going downward from the top to the bottom. That's when you're more apt to get that bubble crease like you had.

Awesome job though as decaling can be a real pain in the you know what. So this is a great extended tutorial on how to total redo over a cabinet. Thumbs way up and loved it!

#7 9 years ago

Great Video

Now an IJ to apply said decal to

LOL

#8 9 years ago

For those who want to try the wet method here is also a good video

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from tmontana:

Great video. Total side question, he points out the 3 holes on the cabinet but says he doesn't know why. Does anyone know why some bally/williams cabs have 3 holes for the legs?

TZ had it because they thought the game would become too heavy to be supported with only 2 screws.
    In the end it wasn't a problem so the games got regular legs with 2 holes, but the cabinet was prepared for 3..

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guide-how-to-re-decal-a-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.