4 months ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by stefanmader
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210715_130453 (resized).jpg

#1 4 months ago

Hey everyone,

As I really enjoy reading other peoples homebrew pinball stories, I might as well start mine.
    This has been in my head for a long time after building arcades, mini arcades and 2 little virtual tables, a hombrew pin for me is an ultimate diy project.

Coming from a music/recording background I of course want my pin to be based around .... ZOMBIES =) and music. Afterall you need some brainz to be in a band.

So far im waiting for CobraPin to arrive and meanwhile as a proof of concept I cut my plain whiteboard on my Lowrider CNC and added some mechs and lights just to get a hang of MPF lightshow programming and running some game modes virtually.

I quite enjoy laying out the playfield by hand and converting to CAD / Visual Pinball later, so the design is slowly growing on both fronts simultaneously.
    So whatever you see on the picture is still just a test of how far I can strech 3d printing to be usable in a pinball prototype =) (yes, those rails flex, but surprisingly not enought to interfere with any balls below).

I have good friend and brilliant graphic artist on board with me ( https://www.behance.net/woodytroj ) so I hope we can turn this project into something quite special in the end.

Thats all from me for now, will follow up after I get those flippers moving.

Ondra

20210715_130453 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 months ago

looking good .... please change the GI bulbs to white or it will wind up the the clown puke thread !

#3 4 months ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

looking good .... please change the GI bulbs to white or it will wind up the the clown puke thread !

the pic is during attract mode, of course GI is white when in game =)

#4 4 months ago

Hi, this looks nice, following.

hey i also started with building mini arcade machines .

#5 4 months ago
    Quoted from stefanmader:

Hi, this looks nice, following.
    hey i also started with building mini arcade machines .

Hey Stefan, thanks for the follow. I love your work on DBR. If you dont mind, I will ask you some questions when I run into trouble =) Now back to wiring switches...

#6 4 months ago

Thanks, sure i'll help where i can!

3 months later
    #7 21 days ago

How’s this going?

3 weeks later
    #8 20 hours ago

Being busy with work, im slowly getting back to some progress. A shitty PSU caused me some problems with cobrapin. Solved by a new Meanwell. Here is my current state:

#9 19 hours ago

Really cool!

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside