6j4ko0x_(resized).jpg
SternGH_(resized).JPG
stock-photo-8811594-rugged-man-digging-deep-hole-with-shovel_(resized).jpg
GhostBusters_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
Screenshot_2016-02-08-03-24-22-1.png
SMVEPremiumGAMEpage_(resized).png

This topic is closed.

There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 8 years ago

That article isn't talking about the reboot movie. It was talking about a true sequel that never wound up happening.

Come on Vid, you know better than to post that.

#52 8 years ago
Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

That article isn't talking about the reboot movie. It was talking about a true sequel that never wound up happening.
Come on Vid, you know better than to post that.

OK, you did not read the article.

It shows how long they have been working on GB3, and it says that it would be a new, younger cast. That was back in 2011.

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

OK, you did not read the article.
It shows how long they have been working on GB3, and it says that it would be a new, younger cast. That was back in 2011.

It is NOT related to the current reboot. That was a sequel with new, younger people as well as some of the original cast, set in the original continuity.

Did you read it?

#54 8 years ago

At this point I don't think that Stern is waiting on timing considerations with the Ghostbusters license. The decision to push back (the original planned announce date has passed) is most likely production related.

#55 8 years ago

It is NOT related to the current reboot. That was a sequel with new, younger people as well as some of the original cast, set in the original continuity.
Did you read it?

Again ----> everyone knew there was a movie in the works with a new, younger cast.

Stern is not a bunch of idiots, they know about forthcoming movies long before the layman does.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Again ----> everyone knew there was a movie in the works with a new, younger cast.
Stern is not a bunch of idiots, they know about forthcoming movies long before the layman does.

Again ------> This game was licensed after Harold Ramis died and before the female reboot was greenlit. It was a time when no one knew what was going to happen.

Again -------> This pin has nothing to do with the current reboot, and is not being released in conjunction with it in any way. Same thing with the recent release of Ghostbusters Lego Dimensions game. It also was released without any conjunction to the female reboot.

#57 8 years ago

Again ------> This game was licensed after Harold Ramis died and before the female reboot was greenlit. It was a time when no one knew what was going to happen.
Again -------> This pin has nothing to do with the current reboot, and is not being released in conjunction with it in any way. Same thing with the recent release of Ghostbusters Lego Dimensions game. It also was released without any conjunction to the female reboot.

Again --->>> Everyone and their brother knew that a new GB3 was trying to get made. Every time Dan Aykroyd was on some talk show trying to push his Skull Vodka years ago, he always made mention that **something** was in the works for a GB3.

#58 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Again --->>> Everyone and their brother knew that a new GB3 was trying to get made. Every time Dan Aykroyd was on some talk show trying to push his Skull Vodka years ago, he always made mention that **something** was in the works for a GB3.
» YouTube video

Yes, Dan Akroyd has been trying to make a 3rd Ghostbusters movie since the late 90's. Has absolutely nothing to do with my argument, that this game was licensed independently on the female reboot.

You keep helping my argument with every link you post, and likewise keep digging your hole deeper.

#59 8 years ago

You keep helping my argument with every link you post, and likewise keep digging your hole deeper.

Hardly.

You said:

Remember, this game was licensed in 2014....before this new movie was thought up.

And I say that in 2014 director Paul Feig was already telling everyone that the new GB3 had a female cast.

Bil Murray said he thought the female cast was a good idea, also in 2014

Everybody already knew in 2014.

Sorry.

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Hardly.
You said:

And I say that in 2014 director Paul Feig was already telling everyone that the new GB3 had a female cast.
Bil Murray said he thought the female cast was a good idea, also in 2014
Everybody already knew in 2014.
Sorry.

Sorry. Still after the game was licensed.

Not related to female reboot.

Keep digging....

stock-photo-8811594-rugged-man-digging-deep-hole-with-shovel_(resized).jpgstock-photo-8811594-rugged-man-digging-deep-hole-with-shovel_(resized).jpg

#61 8 years ago

No need.

You have made it to China all by yourself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghostbusters_%282016_film%29

#62 8 years ago

Notice the date? June 2014.

SternGH_(resized).JPGSternGH_(resized).JPG

First mention of POSSIBLE female Ghostbusetrs? August 2014.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/02/paul-feig-ghostbusters_n_5644486.html

Mic dropped.

#63 8 years ago

6j4ko0x_(resized).jpg6j4ko0x_(resized).jpg

#64 8 years ago

Notice the date? June 2014.

Bahahahahahahahaahahahahahhaah

You keep making my point.

#65 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Nope. I made mine. Game was licensed before female Ghostbusters was greenlit.

#66 8 years ago

Nope. I made mine. Game was licensed before female Ghostbusters was greenlit.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Keep telling yourself that.

You were the one who earlier couldn't distinguish between a 3rd Ghostbusters sequel that was being worked on, and a complete reboot involving the ladies.

#68 8 years ago

64904020_(resized).jpg64904020_(resized).jpg

#69 8 years ago

Keep telling yourself that.
You were the one who earlier couldn't distinguish between a 3rd Ghostbusters sequel that was being worked on, and a complete reboot involving the ladies.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You keep making mine. By being out of any sort of comeback, because you have been completely proven wrong, you have resorted to "I know you are but what am I" posts.

Let me help you with you next one.....

#71 8 years ago

You keep making mine. By being out of any sort of comeback, because you have been completely proven wrong, you have resorted to "I know you are but what am I" posts.
Let me help you with you next one.....

#72 8 years ago

If Hollywood publicly announced GB3 with female cast in July of 2014, then you can be certain the decision to make it was done many months before.

#73 8 years ago

i bet they will release official details and info about it sometime between the end of this month and early to mid march

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

If Hollywood publicly announced GB3 with female cast in July of 2014, then you can be certain the decision to make it was done many months before.

Nothing that Stern would have known about.

#75 8 years ago

So, umm. ghostbusters release..

I'm going to use my magical powers of controlling the universe derived from Murphy's Law to go ahead and move this release up for everyone else. I'm going to throw my set-aside-for-Ghostbusters cash at another pin which will put me about 30 - 45 days from being able to have room-in-the-gameroom and toy-fund to buy an LE-level pin again. So, surely as soon as I send this cash over tomorrow, it will be announced and the LEs will sell out immediately,

so.. you're welcome..?

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

i bet they will release it between the end of this month and early to mid march

Yes. TPF at the latest.

#77 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

i bet they will release it between the end of this month and early to mid march

I just hope it's fun.

GB seems to have more anticipation than even Walking Dead!

#78 8 years ago

Nothing that Stern would have known about.

That's so true.

When you sign into a licensing deal, they never tell you anything about the current uses of that license.

You are always 100% in the dark, so you can be blindsided and possibly lose money.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's so true.
When you sign into a licensing deal, they never tell you anything about the current uses of that license.
You are always 100% in the dark, so you can be blindsided and possibly lose money.

The licensing department had no idea in June of 2014 that Paul Feig was cooking up an idea about a female Ghostbusters reboot.

#80 8 years ago

Vid, if you have any more to discuss, PM me. I agree with the mods....let's leave it out of here.

#81 8 years ago

Vid, if you have any more to discuss, PM me. I agree with the mods....let's leave it out of here.

I may have a secret document to email you, but I've got to get permission first.

#82 8 years ago

Still waiting for that announcement.

#83 8 years ago
Quoted from Pins4me:

Still waiting for that announcement.

Isn't everyone ?

#84 8 years ago

fingers crossed for Wednesday!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
There are 84 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guess-when-stern-will-offically-announce-ghostbusters-release/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.