20190416_201718 (resized).jpg
20190415_195306 (resized).jpg
20190415_195732(0) (resized).jpg
20190415_200134 (resized).jpg
20190415_195306.jpg
20190415_195732(0).jpg
20190415_200134.jpg
20190415_195639 (resized).jpg

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago

Sounds like you have forged out a good deal on this pin Axaios, best of luck getting it to your place and enjoying this game.
Cheers.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Axaios:

Any way guys I just talked with the owner and we agreed on this:
I will take the pin home without paying any money. I will test it and I will inform him about the repairing cost if any. If the pin works perfectly and need no repairs at all I will pay him 1000$ (800€)
For any repairs needed we will reduce the cost out of the first price. E.g. if 100$ repairs I will then pay him 900$ etc
However if the repairing cost is more than 200$ (that is the limit) I will have to give him back the pin because in that case he prefers to keep it as a decoration for his coffee shop.
We agreed on this and I will take the pin home until the end of the month.
I trully believe that this is one of the best deals ever. Very honest and very fair.

More shenanigans in Europe, those bone-headed governments!
I mean sure we banned alcohol and gambling in the 30’s but banning ALL COIN OP?! Especially only in the past decade. What the hell... all those poor soda machines OPs were now criminal enterprises. Talk about idiotic.

I don’t even wanna think of all the games that probably got destroyed because of such an idiotic law.

I did see that Athens just opened the first pinball museum in Greece, so congrats on that!! And congrats on your amazing deal! No loss on your part, if it works you win and if it doesn’t then no harm done!

#53 5 years ago

LOL...
soda and coffee coin op were allowed back then, all coin-op games were banned.

#54 5 years ago

Ακόμα δεν το πηρες?

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from gorgar1975:

Ακόμα δεν το πηρες?

οπ! μαζευόμαστε πολλοί βλέπω σιγά-σιγά... που ήσασταν κρυμμένοι τόσο καιρό..?

#56 5 years ago

Καπου εδω τριγύρω είμαστε ολοι.
Το χόμπυ μας ενώνει νομίζω.
Οπως λένε η τρέλα δεν παει στα βουνά.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

More shenanigans in Europe, those bone-headed governments!
I mean sure we banned alcohol and gambling in the 30’s but banning ALL COIN OP?! Especially only in the past decade. What the hell... all those poor soda machines OPs were now criminal enterprises. Talk about idiotic.
I don’t even wanna think of all the games that probably got destroyed because of such an idiotic law.
I did see that Athens just opened the first pinball museum in Greece, so congrats on that!! And congrats on your amazing deal! No loss on your part, if it works you win and if it doesn’t then no harm done!

I could not agree more. You cannot imagine how many pins were destroyed over the years and even more were sent abroad. We now work with what we can find inside old and forgotten storage units, abandoned arcade stores etc.

The museum was a really good thing however it totally destroyed the market here. Now everyone owning a 70s or 80s pin thinks that he has some kind of a treause or something. Selling in insane prices for machine that don't even partially works.

Any way... there is still hope I think and good deals if you look hard enough.

#58 5 years ago

Well... I've seen a lot of pinball machines in warehouses all over Greece and almost always the coin door currency was in "deutsche marks" (dm). Only once I saw a coin door in drachmas (the greek currency before the euro) in Athens.
So according to my mini research, back then (80's, 90's) it was easier and cheaper for a Greek operator to import pinball machines from Germany than from US.
Btw, the "drachmas" pinball machine was setup for German language and settings.

PS: I've seen pinball machines in pinballowners.com that had greek currency (drachmas). Their owners were mainly from Germany, Austria and Australia which implies that after the "ban" pinball machines went mostly to these countries. And the stories from big operators of that time confirms that they sold these "greek" machines to these countries.

#59 5 years ago

Well it wasn't easy to take it out of there guys I tell you that
I just hope it will worth the effort.

20190323_152619 (resized).jpg20190323_152619 (resized).jpg20190323_150123 (resized).jpg20190323_150123 (resized).jpg
#60 5 years ago

BRAVO!!
Post some more photos of inside and after light first cleaning!

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from provato:

BRAVO!!
Post some more photos of inside and after light first cleaning!

I agree, let's what's under all that dust. Following.

#62 5 years ago

following

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Axaios:

Well it wasn't easy to take it out of there guys I tell you that
I just hope it will worth the effort.
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is riveting. Can not WAIT to see how nice that looks under the dust.

#64 5 years ago

A first look inside.

Playfield and electronics (without cleaning)

20190323_182034 (resized).jpg20190323_182034 (resized).jpg20190323_182449 (resized).jpg20190323_182449 (resized).jpg
#65 5 years ago

With all that dirt I wasn't even sure if the glass was the original. But here it is

What you see at the upper part is the reflections across the room. This how the screen works giving a 3D illusion to the player.

20190323_205701 (resized).jpg20190323_205701 (resized).jpg20190323_184012 (resized).jpg20190323_184012 (resized).jpg
#66 5 years ago

Loks very nice.Hope PC to run.But first before turn it on,it's good to remove it and clean if there dust.
1.Check the battery on the mainboard.
I think you will need new and if mobo runs you must set data+time from the BIOS.Look also for blown caps too,but don't change it for now.

2.Check the PSU inside for blown caps.Check if the fan is working.

3.If I can remember the mainboard had intefrated VGA so you can test it outside the cabinet on standard VGA monitor.
Of course you can test with standard PSU too.I would do this for more saftey,because the original one is old.
Of everything run,I mean at least the PC,then you must measure all voltages from 20pin connector of the original and if it's fine plug it in and run it.

I don't want to scare you,it's just some safety procedure,because it will be shame if mobo is working to blow just from one old PSU.

P.S. mark all cables/wires when unplug from the cabinet and PC

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

Loks very nice.Hope PC to run.But first before turn it on,it's good to remove it and clean if there dust.
1.Check the battery on the mainboard.
I think you will need new and if mobo runs you must set data+time from the BIOS.Look also for blown caps too,but don't change it for now.
2.Check the PSU inside for blown caps.Check if the fan is working.
3.If I can remember the mainboard had intefrated VGA so you can test it outside the cabinet on standard VGA monitor.
Of course you can test with standard PSU too.I would do this for more saftey,because the original one is old.
Of everything run,I mean at least the PC,then you must measure all voltages from 20pin connector of the original and if it's fine plug it in and run it.
I don't want to scare you,it's just some safety procedure,because it will be shame if mobo is working to blow just from one old PSU.
P.S. mark all cables/wires when unplug from the cabinet and PC

Good advice. I will help with DMM voltage measuring and blown caps recognition (“domed” top, bad smell, leaking).
The batteries are a no-brainer... I hope axaios checked them or pulled them out already.

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Axaios:

A first look inside.
Playfield and electronics (without cleaning)[quoted image][quoted image]

That's very clean...

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from Axaios:

Well it wasn't easy to take it out of there guys

I want to see a picture of that game dangling from that crane hook. . .

Nice pickup! I hope it continues to clean up well and you are playing soon.

#70 5 years ago

Wow nice find, i wonder if it turns on without any issue. I bet it will. Would be nice if you could take a Video of the first power up

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

I want to see a picture of that game dangling from that crane hook. . .
Nice pickup! I hope it continues to clean up well and you are playing soon.

Haha I really wanted to take a picture when dangling but I had to hold the pin as counterweight cause we were afraid that it might fall.

#72 5 years ago

Allrigh guys. Moment of truth.

The pin works quite ok.

Issues:

Right bottom bumper doesn't work at all
Lightsaber doesn't light up
Needs the entire rubber kit
Some of the lights need to be replaced
Flippers do not respond right away
The PC power supply is a bit noisy. (However I don't know is this is its regular noise. I can't compare it)

Coat evaluation????

Pics:

20190324_144826 (resized).jpg20190324_144826 (resized).jpg20190324_144840 (resized).jpg20190324_144840 (resized).jpg
#73 5 years ago

I'd let it run for awhile and see if things start coming back

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from 0geist0:

I'd let it run for awhile and see if things start coming back

Well I let it run for about half an hour. You think I should let it for a couple of hours and see?

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from Axaios:

Well I let it run for about half an hour. You think I should let it for a couple of hours and see?

As long as your not letting the magic smoke out I don't see any harm in it.

#76 5 years ago

Looks like the play field and underside are in great shape!

Hope it works for you. People hate on this game but I like it.

Chris

#77 5 years ago

Some more cleaning

20190324_175603 (resized).jpg20190324_175603 (resized).jpg20190324_195653 (resized).jpg20190324_195653 (resized).jpg
#78 5 years ago

The most important part- PC- is runnig.You can replace the fan with standard 80mm new one,not noise.
For bumpers,flippers and etc. check the fuses on the Power Driver Board.Usually if their bad one it's led is off,but don't trust this.Check them with DMM.
Check their coils and the transistors.
Also you can reconnect the coils connectors.If I can remember on P2000 every coil had connector afte the lugs(or this was on Capcom).

#79 5 years ago

Ποτε να ερθω να παιξω?

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from arakissun:

The most important part- PC- is runnig.You can replace the fan with standard 80mm new one,not noise.
For bumpers,flippers and etc. check the fuses on the Power Driver Board.Usually if their bad one it's led is off,but don't trust this.Check them with DMM.
Check their coils and the transistors.
Also you can reconnect the coils connectors.If I can remember on P2000 every coil had connector afte the lugs(or this was on Capcom).

The PC works really nice. As far the noise the second time I plugged it after a while it was ok. Normal 2000 pc sound.

#81 5 years ago

This 2002 sticker on the left side of the translite is real piece of history... The coin-op games had to be checked by an authorized technician to get a license and a sticker like that back then...
Same license as the cars have!
I have also told axaios to check for continuity and run built-in tests. As for the noise, I suggested taking the pc outdoors for the air-compressor treatment since it’s working

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from provato:

This 2002 sticker on the left side of the translite is real piece of history... The coin-op games had to be checked by an authorized technician to get a license and a sticker like that back then...
Same license as the cars have!
I have also told axaios to check for continuity and run built-in tests. As for the noise, I suggested taking the pc outdoors for the air-compressor treatment since it’s working

To be honest I wanted to keep the sticker because it really is a piece of history. However it was in bad shape. I then thought to removed it and then stick it on a transparent membrane keeping it inside the coin box as part of the pin. Unfortunately at the very first attempt it started turning apart.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from Axaios:

To be honest I wanted to keep the sticker because it really is a piece of history.

No worries, you have this thread to look back at. I often show friends the Pinside thread documenting the big shop out I did on my first pin.

#84 5 years ago

Χρόνια πολλά παιδιά!
Happy Greek Independence Day!

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from provato:

Χρόνια πολλά παιδιά!
Happy Greek Independence Day!

Happy Greek Independence Day! 25/3/1821

#86 5 years ago

Χρόνια Πολλά
σε όλους τους Έλληνες

#87 5 years ago

Diagnostics

20190326_181614 (resized).jpg20190326_181614 (resized).jpg20190326_181743 (resized).jpg20190326_181743 (resized).jpg20190326_182021 (resized).jpg20190326_182021 (resized).jpg
#88 5 years ago

Pinball missing Ok
Jet bamper switch Ok
New problems occurred

20190327_180039 (resized).jpg20190327_180039 (resized).jpg
#89 5 years ago

Hello guys

As I said in a previous post the owner was asking for the pin 1000$ if works. So we agreed that I will take the pin home to check it first and then talk about it again.

After a repair cost evaluation I talked to the owner to day and we agreed on a final deal at 785$ ✌✌✌✌

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from gorgar1975:

Ακόμα δεν το πηρες?

Quoted from provato:

οπ! μαζευόμαστε πολλοί βλέπω σιγά-σιγά... που ήσασταν κρυμμένοι τόσο καιρό..?

Quoted from gorgar1975:

Καπου εδω τριγύρω είμαστε ολοι. Το χόμπυ μας ενώνει νομίζω. Οπως λένε η τρέλα δεν παει στα βουνά.

Gee...guess I'll have to brush up on my pig latin if I want to participate here on Pinside.

So with that much dirt built up, was the first step in your clean up running it through a car wash?

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Gee...guess I'll have to brush up on my pig latin if I want to participate here on Pinside.
So with that much dirt built up, was the first step in your clean up running it through a car wash?

Haha yeah something like that. It's certainly looks more clean now.
lot of work to be done though.

#92 5 years ago

Are there any play or earnings audits?

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Are there any play or earnings audits?

What kind of earning audits?

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from Axaios:

What kind of earning audits?

Meaning how much money the game has earned since new, or the last time the audits were reset.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Meaning how much money the game has earned since new, or the last time the audits were reset.

Oh ok.
Yeah it's all there. It hasn't been reset

#96 5 years ago

Looks like you got a good deal!

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from Axaios:

Oh ok.
Yeah it's all there. It hasn't been reset

My guess would be lots of plays and the machine paid for itself, considering how much dirt is on the playfield.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

My guess would be lots of plays and the machine paid for itself, considering how much dirt is on the playfield.

That's true. 25.000 plays

#99 4 years ago

After many attempts I was able to light the saber. I used an external power source to be sure that is working.

I measure the diodus for continuity and they where fine. However when I measure the voltage they failed.

I have concluded that is the transistor U35 that needs to be replaced.

Many thanks to pinside members provato and gorgar1975. With out their help I wouldn't be able to figured it out.

20190331_140524 (resized).jpg20190331_140524 (resized).jpg20190331_161020 (resized).jpg20190331_161020 (resized).jpg

#100 4 years ago

And clean this Power Driver Board.
Also look for cold solders.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
4,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oakdale, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guess-what-i-found/page/2?hl=brewinbombers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.