Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 50 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Crispin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20768066_1829943220356470_1865977060985796060_n (resized).jpg
    20728354_1829943513689774_5129272557344868225_n (resized).jpg
    18835640_1746454082038718_818237906972024459_n (resized).jpg
    18921841_1746454118705381_7292150095422439491_n (resized).jpg
    Knipsel (resized).JPG
    what's in the box (resized).jpg
    19732068_10209840873600334_4469995735120616771_n (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chitownpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

Wha wha whaaaaat? Whos facebook?

#4 6 years ago
    Quoted from kidchrisso:

In before the Stern shut down!!!

SAVE SAVE SAVE

1 week later
    #19 6 years ago
    Quoted from pin2d:

If anyone is interested, these pins are promotional items made for Universal Studios in South Africa: http://www.thisweekinpinball.com/guardians-galaxy-mystery-escapism-pinball/

TLDR:
    Playfield of EB with "tweaked rules"

Lame
    3 produced though. Maybe they will auction them. 10k by xmas.

1 month later
    #27 6 years ago
    Quoted from Escapism:

Yeah. Pretty lame for a guy who pulled it off on his own in three months. Made his own 3/4" plywood cabinets (18mm), legs, coin doors, full size "diamond plate" playfields (Birch Ply), side rails, flipper mechanisms, outhole kicker mechs , outhole guides, aprons, plastics, backglasses, electronics, chime boxes, LED switched illumination lamps, firmware, cabinet decals, top archs, stainless steel ball guides, wire guides, LED numeric 6 digit displays, got his graphics approved by Disney and rolled most of his own coils. Yeah, pretty lame.

Sorry guy, just dont care for re-themes with cool themes that dont utilize new technology and toys. Just cuz you slap new art on an old machine, doesnt mean its a winner. All power to you, just isnt my cup of tea.

#31 6 years ago
    Quoted from Escapism:

Yup. I get the feeling he still thinks I "slapped some new graphics on an old machine". LOL.

Im going to stop bothering you after this last comment. You can do what you want, Im not in the business of telling any one what they can and cant do.

That being said, thats basically what you did. So youre "tweaking" the rules. OK, great. It still doesnt factor in you re-themed a pin from 1977 to make it about a galactic fighting team who has a super genius racoon and didnt include any new technology in terms of interactive toys, or anything having to do with the movies other than the characters themselves.

No lcd, no moving mechs, nothing futuristic looking at all. Look at the characters on the machine and then look at whats going on, its a giant clash. I know there is the whole "hey were using old music" angle from the movie for it being an older machine. It just doesnt translate.

Again, sorry, just not impressed. Im sure some one will enjoy it.

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Yeah that's what I thought...

If a guy can make The Nightmare Before Christmas pin in his spare time at home, this "pinball company" can make a machine from scratch as well.

I, on the other hand, work 90 hrs a week. If I could make pins, I would try.

#37 6 years ago
    Quoted from MinusWorlds:

He's been working on that for over 2 years and it's still not done. Not knocking him whatsoever but don't even compare the 2. A retheme like this done in 3 months is a heck of an accomplishment. Way to trivialize all the hard work that went into this. There's something to be said for knowing when to not say anything to all.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Chitownpinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galxy-cabinets?tu=Chitownpinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.