1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 29 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by defonze88
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 4 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GOTG (resized).png
star-loard-tape (resized).jpg
star-loard-cassette (resized).jpg
walkman (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

If I get enough interest I will pursuit the idea. Essentially will create a 3d Mini Molded walkman that houses a micro casette. Tape would actually turn like the real thing via a small dc motor. I'm not putting a price on this until I know roughly the amount of interest and costs based on quantity. Samples of were I am at now.

3D File completed, tape sticker will be resized to accommodate micro casette, starlord sticker on the outside of the walkman along with various other sticker to make the thing cool.

Rough dimensions so far about 3.5W x 2.5H x 1"D, will come with mounting bracket.

walkman (resized).jpg
star-loard-cassette (resized).jpg
star-loard-tape (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

Pic of where you think this will mount in the machine?

Option for no motor?

#3 1 year ago

There are 4 potential places to put it Pro / Prem / LE

GOTG (resized).png

#4 1 year ago

I think this is pretty cool. I'd be interested.

#5 1 year ago

Can you make a switch that the ball can contact on a run-through, (not impede the ball though), and set off a quick musical riff from the movie?

#6 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Can you make a switch that the ball can contact on a run-through, (not impede the ball though), and set off a quick musical riff from the movie?

Maybe if i was the actual star lord

#7 1 year ago

Would it be cool if you had a head phone jack that mounted in the tournament button spot that you could plug your head phones into and when the game played the mod would loop whatever songs you put on it?

Would it be that hard to have it tie into the modes somehow where it would play a different song pending the mode? Embed a MP3 player or something. Guessing you could tie into the insert lights some how...

Just thoughts. Interested.

#9 1 year ago

I can't afford to buy the game or else I'd be in for this mod.
Starlord is holding a Walkman in his hand in most of the posters.

#10 1 year ago

What about in front of the scoop and integrate the lights into the Walkman?

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Seriously. A mechanical switch that the ball contacts or even an opto. Ball runs thru/by and the walkman riffs a quick song bite. Even could tap into an existing ramp switch. Random riff from any of the 10-20 songs in the movie.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Seriously. A mechanical switch that the ball contacts or even an opto. Ball runs thru/by and the walkman riffs a quick song bite. Even could tap into an existing ramp switch. Random riff from any of the 10-20 songs in the movie.

OP, let me know and I can help you make these more interactive?

The ball hits a micro switch from one of the ramps (depending on where we mount it) . Add a relay board to the OP's mod to turn the motor on for a set amount of time (20 seconds or whatever time). Could even add a Sparky TV mod to the play a music video of the song/songs. 2.0 version is add another small speaker in the cabinet, hook to its own amp that would play all the songs via mp3s. (I did this when I had Goonies) However, this might overlap the existing sounds included with the game.....but worth a try.

Keep the ideas coming and we can make this a killer mod!

#13 1 year ago

I like the idea of it being where the pricing card is.. it would make it more of a home use thing but there is all kinds of room under there for motors mechs, bulbs, whatever

#14 1 year ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

OP, let me know and I can help you make these more interactive?
The ball hits a micro switch from one of the ramps (depending on where we mount it) . Add a relay board to the OP's mod to turn the motor on for a set amount of time (20 seconds or whatever time). Could even add a Sparky TV mod to the play a music video of the song/songs. 2.0 version is add another small speaker in the cabinet, hook to its own amp that would play all the songs via mp3s. (I did this when I had Goonies) However, this might overlap the existing sounds included with the game.....but worth a try.
Keep the ideas coming and we can make this a killer mod!

Randomly a flasher or stale light comes on telling the player that a song riff is waiting, with a timer running. Then the player can choose to make the shot, say a ramp, to get the riff. That way, its not on every say, right ramp shot and gets annoying even thou the riffs are random themselves. Or a left ramp (sets the light) and a quick right ramp combo'd with it plays the riff, but only a quick combo. Light goes out when timer elapses or riff completes. Kind of puts an exclamation mark on a nice flowy ramp combo, which I am sure the game does not do.

#15 1 year ago

great idea, upper left corner is a good spot.

#16 1 year ago

If you use a small LCD screen mounted in the corner of the game you could have moving cassette tape movies played and trigger the videos/music by the modes like this project:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-legacy-play-field-lcd-mod

This way you can tie the soundtrack to the 8 or more modes.

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

If you use a small LCD screen mounted in the corner of the game you could have moving cassette tape movies played and trigger the videos/music by the modes like this project:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-legacy-play-field-lcd-mod
This way you can tie the soundtrack to the 8 or more modes.

Im sure stern will have plenty of clips on their own lcd. Having the real tape there seems more nostalgic. I could be wrong but something about seeing a physical tape makes it all tie in more.

#18 1 year ago

Wow that would be cool, put in a blue tooth transceiver and you could potentially come out of the game! ...agreed that stern missed an opportunity on the Walkman but looks like this would do a great job....awesome work looki forward to seeing where you can take this...I'd be interested if the price was right....I mean I just ordered 2 NIB Stern premiums and 1 dialed LE....what's one more lol.....

#19 1 year ago

cool idea and interested

like the apron idea

#20 1 year ago

First rule of mods to keep them working and the price down.
K. I. S.S.

There are so many toys out there that
I predict modageddon.

Great idea though flashinstinct.

#21 1 year ago

a cool look would be a molded tape into a fake player mounted on the coin door that has a mp3 player to play music and light up ????

#22 1 year ago

Can the headphone jack lead to a Star-lord earpiece I can wear, which then magically becomes his mask/helmet during multi ball? Should we open a new thread for that?

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Can the headphone jack lead to a Star-lord earpiece I can wear, which then magically becomes his mask/helmet during multi ball? Should we open a new thread for that?

Im working on that right now.

#24 1 year ago

Im working on that right now.

GREAT! Really Stern should include that with all LEs but hey whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#25 1 year ago

Love the idea and would definitely get one!

#26 1 year ago

Someone posted a picture that had the walkman in the Groot hand of the premium\LE. This could be an optional mount and a nod to that poster for the idea.

#27 1 year ago

I'd be interested depending on final cost.

1 month later
#28 1 year ago

Any update?

1 week later
#29 1 year ago

I would order one...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 26.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 399.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Great American Pinball
$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 12.99
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
5,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Falling Waters, WV
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 26.50
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 249.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Ballston Spa, NY
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside