(Topic ID: 260204)

Guardians of the galaxy resets and long boot times

By FakeKnocker

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Recently guardians of the galaxy has been resetting mid game.. I've also noticed that it takes several minutes for it to boot up, much longer than the other spike games (or any game) I have. I think I've noticed a pattern when the game has been on for several hours and this occurring.

While the game is booting up, all the voltage LED's on the cpu are lit except for VA and VNB (audio and node board voltage), then usually after a few minutes those light up.

Given how expensive replacement parts are for power supplies, power drive boards etc. I would rather ID the problem vs. gamble on a replacement. Any ideas?

#2 4 years ago

Reflash your SD card with an image directly from Stern. Sometimes the software develops a glitch that may be causing your issue. On my guardians, I have the Cleland sound software installed and twice now it fails to boot. Takes about 6 months and no rhyme or reason to it. I’ll have the game on while having a party and it will play perfect. Next day, after 6 months of perfection, I’ll turn it on and it won’t boot at all. The lights on the board light up just fine, but refuses to go into boot sequence. As soon as I reflash my SD card, everything works perfectly fine just as before. Typical Stern spike issues.
Hope this helps. Has always worked for me

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Meri-cah:

Reflash your SD card with an image directly from Stern. Sometimes the software develops a glitch that may be causing your issue. On my guardians, I have the Cleland sound software installed and twice now it fails to boot. Takes about 6 months and no rhyme or reason to it. I’ll have the game on while having a party and it will play perfect. Next day, after 6 months of perfection, I’ll turn it on and it won’t boot at all. The lights on the board light up just fine, but refuses to go into boot sequence. As soon as I reflash my SD card, everything works perfectly fine just as before. Typical Stern spike issues.
Hope this helps. Has always worked for me

That would seem to make sense, I have the Cleland sound software also. I'm bummed to have to reflash with an image direct form Stern, because people really like the music and sounds. I'll give it a try and report back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 25.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-resets-and-long-boot-times and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.