Topic poll

“Guardians of the Galaxy Pro vs Aerosmith Pro”

• GotG 23 votes
    53%
  • Aerosmith 20 votes
    47%

(43 votes)

#1 5 years ago

Looking to get machine #2 soon. Considering these two. Have been reading a lot and it seems that GotG has come a long way with code. AS sounds pretty solid but another update might complete the game. Where they stand today which would you choose. Pro model only. Star Wars Pro is the other game I have. I prefer games with modes. Would love a LotR or Woz but don't think it's in the cards right now. Thoughts?

#2 5 years ago

Never played GOTG but I'd pick it over aerosmith

#3 5 years ago

Both are decent games, but I'd say GOTG has a slight edge due to the theme and fun factor.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Never played GOTG but I'd pick it over aerosmith

Until you hear the even crappier music than Aerosmith.......

#5 5 years ago

I pick Aerosmith I think the rules are slightly better and the toys and gimmicks are cooler.

#6 5 years ago

GOTG, no contest.

Better theme, better code, better rules.

#7 5 years ago

You know to each their own. I have both and I play a couple of games on GotG before I'm ready to move on. AS is just a fun game and will usually result in many games. It's similar when I play IM and SM. I like SM due to it's theme and yet I only play a few games before I'm tired of it. I don't care as much for IM theme but find myself playing more games on it.

#8 5 years ago

Poll is split 50/50 right now. Interesting.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I couldn't disagree more with this, I love the music on GoTG. I really don't care that much for the the Aerosmith pin either.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Well i own a IMDN so I've heard the ground zero of garbage

#11 5 years ago

GOTG is the better of the two, but there are much better options than either right now.

Have you not played these games? Based on your original post, it sounds like you haven't played either. These are two games I absolutely would not recommend that someone blindly buy. You might like either or both, but you really should try them first, because they're both flawed in multiple ways, and you really have to see if those flaws speak negatively to you or not.

#12 5 years ago

Man, you're leaving us hanging. That came off very knowledgeable, but then without anything really usable being said.

Please, I'm eager to learn:
a) In the sub-$6k NIB market (minus SW pro), what ARE these much better options out there, and why?
b) And what are the multiple ways that these 2 are flawed, compared to your recommendations in a. (which I assume are... unflawed?)

#13 5 years ago

Might want to wait for the pending Aerosmith code release in the next few weeks to decide. It's already a pretty darn fun game and this will be the first update and it can only get even better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 55.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

5,900 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Salem, VA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.75
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,495 (Firm)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 19.95
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Waxhaw, NC
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pro-vs-aerosmith-pro?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.