Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 80 posts
  • 55 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Who-Dey
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

whiny.jpg
    guardians-galaxy-movie-trailer-humor.jpg
    ZDcG16Y.gif
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

Someone please make the GOTG pinball. Stern I am looking your way....
    This is the best movie I have seen in a long time. If you haven't seen it stop mucking around on the net and go now and see it.
    Best pinball idea ever

#2 9 years ago

Here's hoping they are on this by the second movie.

And, I would sincerely hope that they use actual sound clips from the movie. Some Starlord impersonator would be like nails on a chalkboard.

Pete

#3 9 years ago

And Zoe has a great voice too so would be great.

#4 9 years ago

Marvel signed a license with Zen Studios a while ago for a virtual pinball of Guardians of the Galaxy, and the new table was recently released around the movie's release date. It is currently available in Pinball FX2 / Zen Pinball 2 on Steam (PC), Xbox 360, and PlayStation platforms (PS4, PS3, and PS Vita). It's a fun virtual table, so if you like Pinball FX2 / Zen Pinball 2, I would highly recommend it.

Link: blog DOT zenstudios DOT com/?p=4751

#5 9 years ago

Dance-off multiball needs to happen.

#6 9 years ago

Guardians of the Galaxy pin would be awesome. Since it's a very colorful movie, it would be an opportunity for some great pinball art.

--Luke

#7 9 years ago

Seems like a great franchise for Stern to get on board with. Plus, it's already got an awesome retro soundtrack. If anyone hasn't seen this film yet, I'd highly recommend IMAX. This is the kind of film that is best experienced on a big screen with awesome sound.

#8 9 years ago

George Gomez was asking about this on facebook a few weeks ago. At the time GotG didn't ring a bell with me. I couldn't find George's post, so it may be taken down.

#9 9 years ago

I'm an idiot that buys all the stern marvel pins, so I'd buy one. Would hope for a fast playing rule set like tron... full songs for modes... and feature groot and the raccoon

#10 9 years ago

They would have to separately license those classic songs from the artists/studios most likely.

#11 9 years ago

?

oh you mean a real table... I think it would have great music, call outs and be a good theme...I vote yes to this!

#12 9 years ago

I am Groot.

#13 9 years ago

We are Groot

#14 9 years ago

I don't think anyone knew if this movie was going to blow up or flop, frankly. I'm not sure that Marvel or anyone could've done a better job of taking a largely unknown franchise like this, turning it into something with mass appeal.. you guys know how often sci-fi, even light sci-fi flops? It's staggering. I can't blame Stern for not taking the risk on this the first time out.

I'm a kid of the 80's and 90s' and I had NO CLUE who the heck the GOTG are?! I recognized Drax and Gamorra from the whole Infinity Guantlet thing but other than that, I was completely in the dark...villains and all..

#15 9 years ago

I would love to see a title based on this, but given Stern's track record, I'm not surprised they didn't go after it now. My guess is they're looking at the long game.....i.e. making a GOTG pin when the sequel comes out;

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3896198/

It's not like they haven't made a pin after movie #2 before....

Star Trek - pin after Into Darkness
    Tron - pin after Tron: Legacy
    Iron Man - pin after Iron Man 2
    Batman - pin after Dark Knight
    Austin Powers - pin after Spy Who Shagged Me
    Transformers - pin was acutally after Dark Of The Moon (3rd movie)
    LOTR - pin after Return Of The King (3rd movie)
    Shrek - pin after 3rd movie
    Spiderman - pin after 3rd movie

The only 2 pins they've made after one film is Avatar and The Avengers, and one could argue that Avatar was just way too big to ignore and Avengers had several movies before it (Thor, Captain America, etc.)

Heck, even JJP is waiting to include assets from all 3 of the Hobbit films.

Given all that, I will be the first to officially guess......

Stern Guardians Of The Galaxy pin arrives around summer/fall of 2017!

Later,
    EV

#16 9 years ago

Just saw the movie. I'm not into Marvel comic book hero's at all, but this I found a nice, fun movie to watch. Great soundtrack too. However, I didn't see that many scenes that would translate well to a pinball game. Some of the voicecalls are funny, but on that alone I don't think you can't design a great game.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from unigroove:

However, I didn't see that many scenes that would translate well to a pinball game.

Look...if they can make fun pinball machines revolving around the scenes in movies like The Shadow, Johnny Mnemonic, and Demolition Man...I'm sure they can work something out with Guardians of the Galaxy.

(Spoilers, by the way...go see the movie already, too).

Plenty of scenes to build stuff around:
    Prison breakout?
    Space battle?
    Steal the Orb?
    Rescue Gamora?
    Battle Ronin?
    Save the Citizens?

Even if you wanted to go in a "collect the team" route, and then battle Ronin/Thanos...you could do that. Plus, if they wait until the second movie, you've got even more scenes to pull from (ie PoTC).

Pete

#18 9 years ago

My 2 cents.....

I can't stand "Superhero movies"

I absolutely love this movie.

Humor and good music= fun!

#19 9 years ago

Im re-theming a pinball to do a guardians of the galaxy pinball it's going to be simple but it will be a great addition to my collection ....

#20 9 years ago

My official batshit crazy prediction: Stern releases Spider-Man re-themed as Guardians of the Galaxy. No license-specific toys interact with the ball. If they can't re-license the old Spider-Man films, why waste a good playfield layout? Shrek it up!

#21 9 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

My official batshit crazy prediction: Stern releases Spider-Man re-themed as Guardians of the Galaxy. No license-specific toys interact with the ball. If they can't re-license the old Spider-Man films, why waste a good playfield layout? Shrek it up!

That's not a bad idea!

--Luke

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Lol. Was just having this very discussion in the car with the kids on the way home from seeing GotG. What a great idea.

#23 9 years ago

I am Groot...

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from yancy:

Change Sandman to Groot, Doc Ock to Rocket Racoon, Green goblin to Gamorra (LULZ), and Venom to Drax...

Sounds like a go to me. I'd hit it....might even be in for a "LE".

*edit* Kind of a stretch but the inserts in the middle of the playfield would spell G U A R D I A N S "of the " and "galaxy" using "galaxy" as the center insert and "of the" as the bottom center one. Lame, but whatever. lol.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Change Sandman to Groot, Doc Ock to Rocket Racoon, Green goblin to Gamorra (LULZ), and Venom to Drax...
    Sounds like a go to me. I'd hit it....might even be in for a "LE".
    *edit* Kind of a stretch but the inserts in the middle of the playfield would spell G U A R D I A N S "of the " and "galaxy" using "galaxy" as the center insert and "of the" as the bottom center one. Lame, but whatever. lol.

Except...why would you be battling the heroes? Unless you, the player, are Ronin...

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

I don't think anyone knew if this movie was going to blow up or flop, frankly. I'm not sure that Marvel or anyone could've done a better job of taking a largely unknown franchise like this, turning it into something with mass appeal.. you guys know how often sci-fi, even light sci-fi flops? It's staggering. I can't blame Stern for not taking the risk on this the first time out.
    I'm a kid of the 80's and 90s' and I had NO CLUE who the heck the GOTG are?! I recognized Drax and Gamorra from the whole Infinity Guantlet thing but other than that, I was completely in the dark...villains and all..

I said it was going to be shit. I saw it because my son and I were bored and he wanted to see it. I loved the movie. You actually get emotionally attached to the character to a small degree. I know I was happy when I saw the baby Groot.

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pimp77:

Except...why would you be battling the heroes? Unless you, the player, are Ronin...

Guess you never played Avengers....

#28 9 years ago

With these kind of themes i can only see JJP giving us what the fans would like.

The stern lay outs are to generic to make something special for this theme.

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Not too many people had heard of them as they only had cameos in other books or short lived series.

The original Guardians of the Galaxy from the late 60's to 00's barely resemble the ones from the movie. Only Yondu, the blue guy that whistles, was in the original group, and the stories took place in a future time. Gamora, Drax, Star-Lord, Groot and Rocket were all in the Marvel Universe, but were not in the group.

In 2008, Marvel relaunched the group with others in a big tie in event. They used current Marvel characters and kept the original group as a future incarnation.

Kind of hard to believe, but in the comics, the dog with the cone, is part of the group. He is telepathic and head of security for Knowwhere. His name is Cosmos and is actually a pretty neat/funny character. The banter between him and Rocket would translate well in a future movie.

2 months later
    #30 9 years ago

Anyone hear about Stern picking up this license? If not I'm starting the rumor. Anyways, looks like Gomez is in talks to do just that.
    ZDcG16Y.gifZDcG16Y.gif

#31 9 years ago

I "liked" the movie, loved the soundtrack, loved the groot character. Yes, if Stern were smart, they'd already be working on this title in time for the sequel. Between the soundtrack and the main character going old school with the original walkman with the orange headphones, it's a home run for people in their 40's to 50's demographic.

#32 9 years ago

Yeah, it should definitely be a three flipper game...

#33 9 years ago

Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-CHERRY BOMB!!

#34 9 years ago

GOTG pinball will happen. Its just a matter of when. Its fits too well with the target market not to.

#35 9 years ago

Zen Studio's virtual pinball game of GotG is awesome. Great theme, flow, music, rule set, and gameplay.

Here's a link to an extended gameplay video made by a member of the Pinside community (Pinballwiz45b). Great entertainment!

PS - This kid is just 18 years old, but is a real pinball prodigy. I honestly believe that he could be competitive on a professional level, if he ever gets an opportunity to enter a real tournament.

Check out his YouTube channel for more examples of great gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEY1Kpv7jERSI6et0RyxdA

2 months later
    #36 9 years ago

I'd buy a Guardians - great movie and soundtrack! Groot drop targets would be a hoot!

#37 9 years ago

That would be cool theme but I'll never buy another stern based on their cost vs. materials used. Too many cut corners for my tastes. JJP?

#38 9 years ago

This would be a fantastic theme.

#39 9 years ago

This would be an awesome theme, and most likely my first Stern NiB.

Great movie, by the way, even if you're not into sci-fi or comic books. My wife and I both loved it.

#40 9 years ago

This is the only machine I'd make life sacrifices to own (well Futurama but that will never get made).

Give me a Groot LE and bury me with it!

#41 9 years ago
    Quoted from davewtf:

That would be cool theme but I'll never buy another stern based on their cost vs. materials used. Too many cut corners for my tastes. JJP?

This pin really begs for video clips instead of dot matrix so JJP is the logical choice. Maybe after the next PL title they could do it.

#42 9 years ago

They would be smart to start work now on a pin than spans both Guardians of the Galaxy movies. The second is due out in 2017, which gives them plenty of time to nail it.

#43 9 years ago

Will be a great game...................1 year after release.

#44 9 years ago

Or if they start the code now, it might be done by 2017.

#45 9 years ago

I love GOTG, movie was fantastic. But at the same time. I would want them to wait before making a pin.

As we seen many many times before with Superhero movies. We can have 1 or 2 kickass movies, but then have the series ruined by the sequels. Lets see them make 2 more movies as good as the first, then lets blow it out of the water with an awesome pin with 3 movies worth of material to work from.

#46 9 years ago

Stern or JJP please make this game!

#47 9 years ago

I am Groot...

#48 9 years ago

Just watching the movie for the second time around. Great soundtrack and some fun characters, for sure. I'm sure there would be a lot of good material for a pin.

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.