IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zuul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7242 1 year ago

My 1st mod to my 1st pin! Backbox speakers were upgraded to Kickers. The 8” was upgraded to Boss. I made the adapters with my 3D printer from my own CAD. The light show is Neopixel strips driven by an Arduino Nano. I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out.

Ideally, I’d figure out a way to sync the color of the LEDs to the game mode. I don’t know exactly how to get there, though. Theoretically, I could tie-in to the Enforcer button LED and use interrupts to capture the RGB mix. In reality, that’s probably way harder than it sounds. It’s blinking, too, so there’s that…

#7252 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I actually love those speaker lights, now that I watched the video..where did you get these???

Thanks! They are 100% DIY. It’s nothing exotic, though, just WS2812B LED strips (144/m) that you can get from Adafruit or Amazon, etc. The Pinduino could definitely drive them.

I looked into Pinduino a little, and it’s a nicely polished platform to help people do basically what I did on my own. It looks like he is using playfield switches as triggers for lighting effects. I can do that, but it what I really want is to tap into the software so I can detect what game mode you are playing. The next best thing I could come up with is monitoring the Haydron Enforcer button LED. During mode-select, it flashes the color associated with the mode. When the Enforcer “goes live” I think it only ever flashes yellow, which isn’t ideal, but I can’t think of another single LED that reflects the mode colors as well.

#7265 1 year ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

The ws2812s are amazing addressable strips. Every point of light can be turned on or off and colored. The whole strip takes 4 or 5 wires to drive. Easy programming with Ardrino or Rpi $5 drivers…

Only 3 wires! 5V, Ground, Data.

1 month later
#7609 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

When you get one, grab the orb plastic protector from cpr9999 right off the bat. That orb plastic can get beat up pretty badly

Sadly, my orb plastic blew up just a couple days ago. Scared the %$#& out of my wife when the ball hit the glass.

3 weeks later
#7777 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

cleland does your mod also improve the callouts? It’s a shame how poorly the default mix utilizes the assets… just a mishmash of yelling and noises and seemingly random music. Already on the verge of selling it (newly unboxed)… but will hang tight for 1.11 to save the day.

GOTG is now out of production. If there are additional code releases, I wouldn’t expect any changes beyond Insider Connected features or fixes. The callouts/music/assets haven’t changed in a very long time.

#7790 1 year ago
Quoted from TicTacSeth:

Question: I’ve had my game for a couple of years. Yesterday, for some reason when I would hit the flippers the slingshots would suddenly fire. Not every time, just once in awhile. Switched it off and on and it seemed to stop. Any idea what happened there?

Most likely cause is the switches in the slingshots just need slight adjustment. Over time the contacts can get closer together making them too sensitive. Switching on and off could just be placebo. Take off the glass and try banging the playfield with your hand. See if the vibration will fire the slings.

#7817 1 year ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Odd issue looking for suggestions to resolve. I put a brand new shaker motor in from Pinball Life the exact same as I have in my Godzilla and it only has about half the power when I run it in the coil test mode. I took this shaker motor out and installed it in my Godzilla and full power spins really fast in test mode and works correctly during game play. I took the shaker from my Godzilla and put it in my Guardians and same problem in the Guardians as it only has about half the power. So I ruled out it’s the shaker motor itself.
The shaker does work during gameplay on Guardians it’s just at a very low level and it’s on maximum use.
So question any way to bypass the shaker motor connector on the board there inside the coin door on the left and still use it? Everything else on the pin works perfectly just seems to be something there at the board. I’ve reseated the cable from the shaker to the board a few different times with no luck. Thoughts? Or and I haven’t thought of this until now is it supposed to be half the speed and power in this pin?

Did you check in settings that the shaker motor is set to “maximum effect”?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zuul.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=zuul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.