IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wjxxxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1717 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

a physical change?

Sling sensitivity can be changed by either:
adjusting the leaf switch behind the rubber, further apart is less sensitive - or
moving the leaf switch nearer to the rubber (by bending)
changing the rubber around the slingshot

You can change the power of a slingshot in the settings (or by changing the actual coil) but I'm pretty certain that's for both slings.

It always puzzles me that people want every feed to be perfect and go to a cradle, rather than hitting the slingshots. IMHO that's how you get better - by learning to deal with the randomness.
I've played people's machines who have them set up so that every feed is perfect and they can get massive scores - as soon as they get to play a location or competition game they just can't deal with it and complain that the "machine's not set up right".

There's a big difference between a scoop throwing the ball SDTM (unacceptable) or throwing it on to a sling (just deal with it), or putting it to a perfect catch (boring)

1 week later
#1787 5 years ago

Quills Quest level 2 being a hurry-up which is a percentage of your score, means it HAS to be the last mode played now to maximise the score.

#1903 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I'm sure the changes in .95 have altered playing strategies. I'm very interested in everyone's thoughts regarding mode start order, Multiball timing, qualify vs. finish modes, etc. Here's my general approach. Sometimes it works out; sometimes it doesn't.
Mode preference: Yaka, Sibling, or Antiquities to start. These are relatively easy to finish (especially with an Upgraydd), so they give a 5x shot in Groot. Also, the level 2s for Yaka and Sibling give good points for a single shot. I generally avoid Sanctuary and Kyln unless I'm having a great game and get deep into modes. Sanctuary starts over if you time out, and Kyln makes you hit Rocket to complete (which is a definite loss of ball possibility). Pod and Knowhere, I start when I'm about to go into Groot or Orb. They have a lot of shots to complete, so the added balls help. I like the idea of saving Quill for the fourth mode to finish going into CB. It gives big points (10%), so it's a waste to play it early. I play all modes to completion. If I drain or time out, I start the mode over (even if it's already Immolation qualifed). I don't know if that's good strategy or not...ideas?
Multiball timing: I get Groot ready when there is no mode running. I play with factory settings, so a mode starts at plunge. I play to complete that mode. If I finish it, during the down time I get two locks on Groot. I start another mode and try to complete it. I use HEs to help finish the mode, if I have any. Since we can't stockpile, might as well use them and try to get more in Groot. If the 2nd mode is going rough, I start Groot. If it's going well, I run with it and hold off on Groot. I try to play Orb right after Groot. I then start again, by locking Groot in "no mode" downtime.
Never gotten to Immolation (or close really when I've tried), so that's why I play modes thru to completion. 5 complete has been my max, not counting MBs.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on it (postive and negative), and your own strategies.

First aim is always to get to Cherry Bomb, as that has the potential for good scoring, and is fun, so that means completing 4 modes.
I go for Yaka, Antiquities, Sibling & Pod as first choices.

If I have qualified a mode for Immolation, and then drain or time out, I won't restart that mode, again as Immolation has MASSIVE scoring potential (I just got 1.6 bil from it out of a 2.1 bil score).

Yaka can complete VERY quickly. I've done it before, then drained and the ball save was still running from initial plunge! (site machine)

Antiquities has the benefit of working towards Orb MB.

Sibling is all controlled shots to complete.

Pod is easy to complete in Groot, once you get the upgrade.

Sanctuary I don't have too much of a problem with, with the left orbit being a bail out shot.

Knowhere is easy enough with a MB running, usually 2nd Groot.

Penultimate mode I take is Kyln, I focus on combo'ing ramps to light the bottom inlanes, then lock balls in Groot - as that feeds to the top rollovers after a lock. Then that only leaves the dreaded Rocket shot.

I save Quill for last mode, may as well get maximum potential for the 10% hurry up.

I ALWAYS aim to have a mode running and start ASAP.

I generally only use HEs to complete a mode if time is running out, or I drain, IF using the HEs will complete the mode, or qualify II, otherwise they're a waste. Can also be handy in qualifying the SJ in MBs, even though they can't be used to collect.

I tend to focus mainly on getting to CB, II, and SX, with Groot and Orb MBs as mini goals - that tends to bring the big scores with mode completions and shot multipliers coming as an added bonus.

20180425_133950 (resized).jpg20180425_133950 (resized).jpg

#1932 5 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Pfft, you try talking with 3 or 4 balls in your throat.

That's what she said

3 weeks later
#2118 5 years ago
Quoted from bobukcat:

Yeah, that's a pretty big one but just make sure you're player four and you should be good to go!

Not quite.

If you play a multiplayer game.

In the 2nd game:
Player 1 bonus works perfectly - no rollover of bonus
Player 2 gets the bonus player 2 earned in the first game, plus their own
Player 3 gets the bonus player 3 earned in the first game, plus their own
Player 4 gets the bonus player 4 earned in the first game, plus their own.

Player 2 'only' gets the bonus player 2 has earned in previous games, not all of the bonuses accrued by players playing in other positions.#

This rollsover until a power cycle OR a player tilts. i.e. if player 2 tilts, the accrued bonus associated with player 2 resets, it doesn't effect players 3 or 4.

We were playing a number of 3 player games last night. It was fun to see player 1 effectively starting 300million behind (100 mil bonus on each ball) player 2.

It probably added about 800million in bonus to the GC score (obviously didn't effect II, SX or CB scores),

Full disclosure: It did take me a 4 ball game. Just couldn't resist adding the extra ball from settings as I only had Groot MB to complete to reach SX

CB (resized).jpgCB (resized).jpg

SX (resized).jpgSX (resized).jpg

II (resized).jpgII (resized).jpg

GC (resized).jpgGC (resized).jpg

#2187 5 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

Hey everybody! I'm considering buying a GotG! With everyone here that owns one, what are your thoughts? I hear it is a lot like Metallica and Iron Maiden. I don't own either. Everything I see I like so far but my one question is, Are the call out from the movie? The voice for Starlord sounds off but Nebula sounds about right.
Oh also, is there something you don't like that I should be aware of before dropping some money on one?

It has the same/very similar layout to Metallica, but plays completely differently. I don't really see any comparison whatsoever with Iron Maiden?

#2279 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If he did finish it then it’s a little lacklustre, I was hoping the end of the mode would be the dance off scene in full once they join hands with the orb and everything goes purple with a crazy light show and the SJP is Ronan being atomised by the Orb.

I didn't video my game, but I have completed Save Xandar (pics in post #2118).

Once completing all shots 3 times (must be still in MB?), the scoop is lit for the collect and SJP.

Following that, you basically start from scratch, even if you have more than 1 ball still in play, with the whole of the playfield on 2x multiplier.

I got 3.6Bil, would have been more if I'd hadn't drained immediately before starting SX on the ball previous when ALL of my shot multipliers were lit. As it was I started it at the start of the next ball with nothing lit

I didn't get to see much more as all 3 balls I had drained simultaneously as I tried to watch the display.

6 months later
#3152 5 years ago

Had an amazing first ball last night.

#3157 5 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

I have a permanent crick in my neck from watching but very nice!!! looked like 4 modes completed and into cherry bomb, What did you end up for the game?

I deliberately film in it portrait mode - for viewing on a phone or tablet (or you could stand your laptop on it's side), as then the playfield fills a higher percentage of the screen than in landscape.

Not a great finish to that game (2nd part is posted on WWJ Pinball Youtube) although with all of the shot multipliers I hit a Super Jackpot for 575,600 in Cherrybomb MB. I failed on the last mode, Quills Quest, with 4 shots left.

There is another video I uploaded where I completed both II & SX for over 8Bil (but the recording is even worse quality)

5 months later
#3770 4 years ago
Quoted from smcclain65:

416M is pretty good. I have gotten 441M before and have gotten CBMB twice. I have had the game about 3 months and played maybe 300 times. Maybe I am not that good. I feel like starting with Yaka Arrow, I can usually complete that on the first ball, hit the scoop, start sibling rivalry and get groot mulitball. On most games I can complete YAKA, Groot, and Sibling on the first ball. Then after that its a crap shoot on Antiquities and drax to get the 4 events completed.
Most games I get the 4 done but then can not hit the scoop on command to start the CBMB. I have gotten 6 of the 8 events completed and both multiballs. Getting really close to the Save Xandar mode.

Yaka first
Then Antiquities, it'll progress you towards Orb MB quicker.
Then take POD in Groot and Sibling in Orb

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
6,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Berkeley Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 19.95
$ 22.50
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wjxxxx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=wjxxxx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.