IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wildbill327.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6922 1 year ago

Just joined the club! My son and I went to a local terminal to load it up and bring it home. I decided to install Mylar in the Rocket lane, Orb lane, scoop and where the ball drops from the ramps before playing. I even adjusted the magnet so it’s flush with the underside of the playfield…thanks to all you guys. Now I’m waiting for my wife to get home from work so we can play our first game together.

2BD6B58C-786F-4924-91D4-1091258EA559.jpeg2BD6B58C-786F-4924-91D4-1091258EA559.jpegE8D6878A-BC06-45A9-B27E-96015BD7591D.jpegE8D6878A-BC06-45A9-B27E-96015BD7591D.jpeg
#6932 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Mine arrived a few days ago. Quick question before I set it up:
Does anyone recommend any sort of leg/leg bolt protectors? I've never used anything before, just the stock stern bolt/washer.
I see a bunch of options on PinballLife (PinGuard prpotectors etc), and I have my cart ready to check out with a shaker, gotg art blades, spare balls, so was just wondering if there is any need for leg protectors before I submit the order.
Thanks in advance.

I wouldn’t worry about leg protectors especially on a newer stern…but you should put a protector for the scoop in your cart. The scoop seems like the only spot that might have premature wear on GOTG.

2 weeks later
#7109 1 year ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Do the newest gotg come w scoop protector installed?

Unfortunately no.

3 weeks later
#7339 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

That's really interesting.
If I didn't have my machine apart right now, I'd make a vid of it. I know I did it on stream one night, but I couldn't tell you which one.
Hopefully someone else can chime in.

I just checked on my machine and holding the left flipper down while launching the ball worked and started a super skill shot(white arrow).

1 week later
#7470 1 year ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Thanks. I'll see if I can find an STL for the bracket
[quoted image]

I always tighten up all my targets(2 1/4” screw heads that sandwich the leaf switch)and after a little preventative maintenance they stay where they should. Sometimes you might have to remove them from the playfield to get them tight enough to stay(due to other things blocking your wrench or ratchet)but it’s a simple job.

1 month later
#7656 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyJammer:

Thanks to everyone for sharing info.
I setup my first pin in Dec, a GotG Pro. I am running v1.09 with Cleland sound mod.
I have a game play question. Last night I reached Immolation MB for the first time and after that was able to finish all the modes.
How do you start Save Xandar?
All mode lights were on solid, I had done Groot and Orb MB and done Immolation.
I shot the scoop 2 or 3 times after that also. I know the modes were done because shooting the scoop no longer asked to pick a mode.
Thanks

Never mind someone answered it already.

1 month later
#7868 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Just put up my best cherry bomb yet. Had multipliers on almost every shot and hit the super twice. Drained out on the star Lord shot to begin Save Xandar
[quoted image]

Nice job man

2 months later
#7935 11 months ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Cherry bomb MB you have to complete 4 or 5 modes ( i can't remember). Then Cherry bomb starts at the start of next mission. Quill shot will flash red to indicate

It’s 4 modes^

#7937 11 months ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Awwwww damnit! I was so close! I shouldn't have panicked. Ha ha ha.

Cherry Bomb is a fun mode that I always look forward to playing when I have a session on GOTG. Good luck on your next attempt hopefully you get to play it!

1 month later
#8041 10 months ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Drained out a few shots before save Xandar
[quoted image]

Nice job!

3 months later
#8169 7 months ago
Quoted from Parkshow30:

In a tournament I will start with either yaka arrow and work on starting Groot multiball as you will get mode shots while doing so or start antiquities and work on starting orb multiball. I would stay away from star lord to start as you cannot make any progress towards Groot or Orb while you have both balls in play in that mode. I like getting a couple shots at Groot or orb while my ball saver is still on. Try your best to complete modes as that’s how you increase bonus and bonus can be huge in this game. Try to complete 4 modes to start cherry bomb multiball. Stay away from ronans mode as it’s worth very little and it’s dangerous to complete and the same with rockets mode as you can’t use a hadron enforcer to make the last shot at the kickback. Pay attention to how many hadron enforcer targets you need to complete. If you are a couple mode shots away from finishing a mode but you notice you just need one more hadron target, shoot for that instead and then use the hadron enforcer to complete the mode. Some modes the upgrade shot at the scoop makes it a lot easier to compete like knowhere and pod chase but others it does nothing but give some points like rocket and ronans.

All great advice man! I would only add a few tiny things that could help fatten up your score. If you manage to get a multiplier try your best to place it on groot, so you can geta nice super jackpot…if you reach it during MB. The other thing you should be aware of is the combo multiplier. If you reach a super jackpot on Groot (during MB) you can hit a ramp and combo into Groot to double your super jackpot (or even make it a 4x jackpot if you already placed a playfield multiplier on Groot) to cash in a juicy jackpot. I usually like to get Groot MB one shot away, then start my mode which is usually Knowhere (red mode) then stack in Groot and you have lots to shoot for during your Groot MB.

2 months later
#8283 4 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Hallelujah! Holy sh*t! Where's the Tylenol?"[quoted image]

Nice

2 months later
#8469 34 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Oh sweet! He wasn't positive it worked as he doesn't use IC and I myself haven't gotten around to install his version of 1.11 yet. This is fantastic news!

I just checked on my game and IC works and so does home team.

4 weeks later
#8516 4 days ago
Quoted from Kolk1:

Quick free mod I had to do lol

Good idea man…and it looks cool!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.50
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Daytona Beach, FL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 28.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
6,495 (Firm)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wildbill327.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=wildbill327 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.