IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider supersquid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2932 5 years ago

Just got done playing and got over 5 billion. Got Cherry Bomb Multiball and Immolation Initiative multiball. Got over 4 billion just on Immolation. Kinda funny though since I have never broke a billion ever. Best before this was 600 million. Didn't have my phone to take a picture. Will have to do that later. Time for a beer

#2934 5 years ago

Just for proof, and I know, crappy Iphone pictures. 4.6 billion on Immolation, 5.7 billion overall. Tried taking a picture of Cherry Bomb at 176 million, but believe it or not, that picture was even worse than these 2. I'll probably never get there again. When I did Immolation, don't even know what I was hitting since I was just concentrating on the flippers and not where the balls went. I just kept hearing Rocket tell me "Scoring Multiplier".

IMG_1251 (resized).JPGIMG_1251 (resized).JPGIMG_1253 (resized).JPGIMG_1253 (resized).JPG
#2936 5 years ago

Nice score. You have finished Xandar 4 times and I haven't even reached it once. I need to play more and practice. Usually this game kicks my butt and frustrates me, but I keep coming back for more.

1 month later
#3065 5 years ago

I did orange on the flippers, clear on the slings, and purple everywhere else. I got the Cliffy post sleeves and they are holding up just fine.

3 weeks later
#3162 5 years ago

I did the washer trick and wouldn't catch a lot since the ball coming out of the orb lock would not hit the post sleeve hard enough. I then realized I didn't have enough pitch on the game, so I increased the pitch a little, now the ball hits the right post sleeve which guides it to the magnet every time.

#3173 5 years ago

I had to make mine a little steeper to work. Had it even in the bubble level and it didn't work. Raised the pitch so the top of the bubble touches the top line and it works every time. Makes ramps a little tougher if it's not a clean shot.

#3177 5 years ago

He doesn't always update his site to show what is available. If you don't see it, just email him. I know he makes it since I got it from him.

1 week later
#3192 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

So did the washer fix for the magnet, and nothing changed. So I raised the incline, nothing changed. Is there any other fixes for this?

When it comes out of orb lock, does it bounce off the right post and go to the left? Or does it just come straight down?

#3200 5 years ago

That's weird. If you could load a video of it so we could see what it is exactly doing, that would help out. I know for mine originally, didn't have it pitched enough and the ball would barely go to the left and the magnet would not catch it all the time. Increased the pitch, and now when the drop target lowers, it bounces the ball back a little, it then bumps off the right post to go to the left even more now, and the magnet grabs it good like the video shows that Sinestro put up. Maybe a timing thing since now it takes an extra second from the ball getting bounced back a little then coming out.

#3208 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Here is what my magnet is doing.

Mine was doing the same thing, but maybe even worse as the magnet would only alter course maybe 1 out of 6-7 times. I put the washers under the magnet core so that it was touching the play field, didn't do too much. Then I raised the back leg adjusters so now the bubble just touches the top line(was in the middle before), and it works all the time real good. Catch's the ball and makes it do a couple circles before it releases it.

#3210 5 years ago

just edited post as I didn’t read your response correctly. I’m at a loss. Sorry I can’t be more help.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3216 5 years ago

You can get them from Pinball Life here:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-pinball-support-slide-bracket-kit-for-spike-spike-2-machines.html

Super easy to install and waaaay better.

1 week later
#3235 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Mine gotg pro works great... however after the plunges the ball kinda wants to lazily drop into the top lanes from behind groots head... usually happens 9 out of 10 times the ball goes up there.
Any advice? Just raise the back?

Mine does the same thing. It even would get stuck some times behind Groot and would have to shake it to get it to roll. Raised the back so now the bubble is just touching the top line on the level. Now it comes out every time, but it does come out slow. Watching the ball, it bounces side to side and just clears the gate to slowly go behind Groot, but not enough to loop around.

#3263 5 years ago
Quoted from acedanger:

Just had an insane game!! After Orb lock the magnet grabbed the ball & threw it into the Rocket kickback & screamed the ball SDTM love it! Big fan of this table. Chaotic,fun & fast... Twice as much fun with the great work of the Cleland audio code!!

Quoted from pinballjj:

Glad you are enjoying it! Stuff like that usually makes me curse!!

The same day after reading these posts in the morning, my dad plays the game, and all of a sudden I hear him yelling and swearing at the machine cause ball came out of orb, spun in 2-3 circles, and shot sdtm. Couldn't help but just laugh and tell him about these posts.

2 weeks later
#3308 5 years ago

I put on the Cliffy's post sleeves on mine and the magnet catch's every time. Makes the ball do a couple circles and then who knows where it goes. Maybe they are bigger than the originals so it gives me the bounce out of the orb lock and over the magnet.

2 weeks later
#3427 5 years ago

I did purple everywhere except the slings which I did clear.

2 months later
#3735 4 years ago
Quoted from shriver187:

I cant seem to get cherrybomb multiball and i halfway complete 4 of the missions and a groot multiball? What else do i need to do? I thought that was it

You have to complete 4 missions. Don't need Groot or Orb multiball. After completing 4 missions, you have to shoot it in the scoop to start and then the mayhem begins.

3 weeks later
#3836 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

Hey guys, is there a reliable fix for a pro that has an orb magnet that does not properly catch and spin the ball when it ejects from gathering orb 1 and 2? I noticed some people were having this problem towards the beginning of this thread. I auditioned a pro today that I may purchase that has this problem. The magnet almost always just barely moves the ball instead of grabbing it. Thanks for any suggestions.

I put on Cliffy post sleeves which are a little thicker than stock, so now when the ball gets released from the orb lock, it bounces more to the magnet which catch's it and makes it spin. Make sure it's at 6.5 pitch so it doesn't float and miss the magnet.

1 month later
#4026 4 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Gotta share this with the group. I was at a local pinball/arcade bar last night and a couple was playing Gotg next to me and my fiancee. They obviously didn't know any of the rules and were saying things like "what do I do, where should I hit it, why is that flashing?". So, my fiancee, being very outgoing and friendly gave them a few quick tips and said "I only know because we actually own this game". The guy instantly became an ass and was dead set on convincing me that Stern games were generally garbage and could sometimes be fun if they were working. He said the main problem with Stern is that they only make 200 of each title and then abandon the title and move on to the next. I asked, "do you mean 200 limited editions?" He says no, 200 total, that's why they never work right. At that point, we both finished our game and just walked away. Where the hell do people come up with this stuff?

You should have told him to head to the light because that would mean his head would be coming out of his arse

#4059 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Gah just got my machine today and the left flipper stays depressed like it has no pop. When I press the button it stays up and slowly comes back down.. what a bummer!
This is NIB too.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Check the flipper gap as to make sure it isn't to tight.

4 months later
#4298 4 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Joining the club today. Picked up a demo GOTG Premium via Cointaker. All good, just one question. Rocket recoil gunfire seems off. It's not firing at the right time to shoot it back as fast as I've seen others. Any tips please?
Thanks.
Never mind. It was just not plugged in.

You might want to leave it unplugged as that bastard will shoot it into a drain half the time

4 months later
#4456 3 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

Fellow Ravagers:
I am having an issue with the magnet on my pro. I found the info on adding washers and did that. The magnet is working, however, it doesn't grab the ball fast enough after the orb drops it. I can nudge it to safety most of the time, but it sure would be nice if the magnet pulled it to the left in lanes like in every other game Pro I've played on location.
I am running Cleland code 1.06.
Thanks in advance.

I put on Cliffy post protectors which are a little bigger than stock which kicks the ball more to the magnet and it catches every time. Now if the magnet just didn't send it down the middle every so often

3 weeks later
#4469 3 years ago
Quoted from bailorgana:

Well I'm at a loss... My orb just keeps dropping the ball straight down the middle. I added washers to the Ronan magnet and I got a wider post sleeve from Cliffy, it did nothing. Does this have to do with the Cleland code? The magnet doesn't seem to activate on time. Like it fires too late.
Help

My slope is about 6.5 with the Cliffy post sleeve and running Cleland code-Sinestro version, and it catches every time. Also have the washers to put the magnet closer to the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 210.00
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 28.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods

$ 25.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dow, IL
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider supersquid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=supersquid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.