IMG_0025 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0018 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0020 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0017 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9001 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240315_180852874 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240315-071752 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

14 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #22 Gold Side Rail option picture Posted by Blacksun (6 years ago)

Post #2129 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement fix. Posted by MapleSyrup (5 years ago)

Post #2448 MOD: hd60609 sign mod Posted by bobukcat (5 years ago)

Post #4883 TECH: PLAYFIELD Magnet grab improvement tips Posted by mcvetyty (3 years ago)

Post #5401 TECH: PLAYFIELD Groot mouth replacement motor information. Posted by Markharris2000 (2 years ago)

Post #6642 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner add-on mod for GOTG Pro Posted by aaron6920 (1 year ago)

Post #6643 MOD: PLAYFIELD Spinner Mod Tip for cutting the plastic Posted by Spiderpin (1 year ago)

Post #6773 TECH: PLAYFIELD Orb drop target issue fix - with video Posted by mcvetyty (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steigerpijp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1326 6 years ago

I only had my game one day, so no reference on old code but I just tried to mix the antiques guy with orb MB and got out of it with 600mil, 340 being a super jackpot.

My best score so far just shy of 700

#1331 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Nice! Are you on the latest code?

Yes .87

#1335 6 years ago

Three days in, and I have to admit Im a little scared the “ Kiss” bones that are in there wont be changed in whatever is left on updates. I knew this but bought it anyway so cannot complain

Never say never though..

I do however like metal, so plastic ramps are not safe in my line up, and the groot hands I just feel could be implemented better.. good combination to change out , so I will post my progress on this here.

So far... might change the path to go through his hands, or stick to original. Time wil tell

DAFE0DF3-A75D-4F37-86B5-ADA96EF6FE40 (resized).jpegDAFE0DF3-A75D-4F37-86B5-ADA96EF6FE40 (resized).jpeg

668A3BB1-F8F2-4FDF-AD49-795F7064F3B6 (resized).jpeg668A3BB1-F8F2-4FDF-AD49-795F7064F3B6 (resized).jpeg

1C5FFB53-1745-40A8-BBF0-37EC323EE729 (resized).jpeg1C5FFB53-1745-40A8-BBF0-37EC323EE729 (resized).jpeg

D2A91FFC-9471-4848-8C50-27FED1123922 (resized).jpegD2A91FFC-9471-4848-8C50-27FED1123922 (resized).jpeg

#1344 6 years ago

I turned of the continuous movie mumbling lines in settings, with hope of hearing more music an call outs.

I was sad to hear say 4 call outs .. maybe 5 tops . In the whole game!!! Rocket has 2, , and a skill /extra ball by quill.

But we do get a Kiss guitar rif on the groot stand ups

There must be more coming, the groot lock “interuption” scene and sound would be so much better as “i am groot “ layered over the soundtrack you’re playing .

Im praying, game deserves it .

Quoted from J85M:

I haven’t had chance to play the newest code yet but this sounds like a great addition and a nice way to switch up gameplay and the shot itself.
Is there any “I am Groot” sound clips tied to the movement of the mouth?

#1347 6 years ago

If thats the remedie to solve your negative feeling, let it go. Not every game is a match.
I had the same with my star wars, so badly wanted to love it but in the end I had to get it out of my collection.

Me not loving it doesnt make it a turd though, and neither is this, it just needs some tlc.

#1366 6 years ago

I really want to replace /modify the sight blocking flasher flaps over the outlanes asap, so I have the new right ramp almost ready, and the left is coming along shortly.

What are your thoughts , improvement or wasted time ?

31B112DF-B9C3-4BCE-B06D-06DB8C8BEDE0 (resized).jpeg31B112DF-B9C3-4BCE-B06D-06DB8C8BEDE0 (resized).jpeg

BC2BEF1E-489A-45E0-94CA-263F9BBBE2E7 (resized).jpegBC2BEF1E-489A-45E0-94CA-263F9BBBE2E7 (resized).jpeg

#1371 6 years ago

They’re not bad on this game the plastics, but I just love to make m anyhow..

These wil mount/attach to the existing plastic ends that stick out of the backboard, fully reversibel, factory look but Custom.

1 week later
#1427 6 years ago

Hi fellow owners,

Any of you experiencing huge airballs from the orb drop?

I dont dare take a shot from the left anymore, a right cradle backhand sends it up and over the flippers as is

Coil power set was always set to soft. I know stern drops usually settle down after 100 plus plays, not get worse over time. In about 250 games now. Its deadly risky like the GB Scolari brothers again

#1431 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Yep.. sometimes air ball back over the left flipper. We have bent the frame of the drop target forward and shortened the main spring of the drop target(3 rounds) and this helps a little. Some other Pinsiders shorten the springs even more.
Good Luck!

Thx I will adjust things and report back !

#1473 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well im not here to argue with a crybaby and ruin this thread thats for sure, so im going to stop now.

Good!

#1474 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Been doing pinball for 15 years and sure know a thing or two but like the next poster said
It’s Nothing mechanical
And why should it be my responsibility to solve it. Of course I contacted my distr & stern but nothing to solve it
So I have a unplayable game that cost $7k
I should be able to return this or go with a Lemon law maybe

Too right, wether its a coffee machine, a tv or pinball, and its faulty due to a manufacturing issue, you should be able to return. Would make for a better qc innthe first place

My distributor was not overly happy about it, but after my SW had a cpu failure, and my Gotg is also going haywire after 5 days intermittently, he offered to take it back after i said the Spike system doesnt make me feel comfortable in the long run.

This act gives me faith in him, not in future out of warranty support from stern should I need it

#1543 6 years ago

New code is good, its got much more going on to achieve, a lot more fun to play the modes, and orb multi now has a cool end shot also , very happy with this change of direction

I certainly heard at least one “ I am groot” during his mode, but more while bashing him can’t hurt

#1570 6 years ago

Its really good on the new code.I was thinking of returning my machine which had some issues and maybe getting another title, but I am sticking with it till its done.

Can’t comment on cherry bomb MB yet, but I almost got there, but I have mode start at launch set to off, makes it harder to start/complete enough modes,but you can stack one in to MB just before starting that up.

You can also see previous mode attempt progress, very helpfull to choose . And all modes/upgrades are better balanced, not endless, and once on the mode level 2 you can cash the big shots, or end it at the scoop. Would be nice if a “ continue “ or “next mode” option was set up for the scoop .

All in all, very enjoyable game right now

#1589 6 years ago

Anyone know Exactly what you need to qualify for cherry MB?

Ive had up to five modes(Inc MB’s) completed, but still no indicator as where to start it?

Maybe completing groot and orb dont count?

Thanks for any info.

#1662 6 years ago

When its time to collect the SJP groots mouth goes up and down.

Tricky.. hard to time that just right

1 week later
#1696 6 years ago

Multiball.. ohhh yeahh!

Yes, I am glad I stuck with it after feeling a little shafted playing on old code. Stern is picking up a lot of bonus point.

Now its finally time to let metLE go, along with some others titles, and wait for my imdn and bm66. Gotg will fit in nicely with those 2

1 week later
#1823 5 years ago
Quoted from cleland:

Well, I can tell you the Topper is finally integrated and compliments the modes nicely! Now to get onto the sound and music changes

Kevin , when you do, is is possible to do a version without music while the ball/game is in mode selection or resting in the shooter lane ?

#1896 5 years ago

Try backhanding gamora, much safer, I do the same on nebula.. for some reason, the easiest shot I find the hardest .. go figure

#1942 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Can you backhand both of those consistently on your machine? I've been trying, and it just won't work from a cradle on my machine.

Yes, no problem. Unless I dont time it right obviously..

I did adjust my flippers from “droopy” to regular position. So following the Inlane guide instead of dropping down into the outhole. But maybe mine were low to start.. I do know a mm or 2 can make or break a set up

3 weeks later
#2164 5 years ago
Quoted from HeadRush:

I was checking out my magnet today and I was surprised to see how hot it was. I could feel the heat through the playfield. Underneath, it was extremely hot to the touch. Anyone else have this going on?

Yes, same here, I had to replace a broken drop target spring and actually burned the back of my hand on a magnet.
Only played 2 games or so before lifting the pf.
I know they can run hot but this kind of heat is ridiculous

#2170 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

My left outlane was a black hole exerting an inescapable gravity field.
I find with the heavy emphasis on the scoop for Mode start and upgrades, you are necessarily adding a ton of chaos to the game. That’s probably the toughest/Most important shot in the game, and bricking it invariably sends the ball on a slingshot nightmare journey.
For me, the perfect balance was to close the outlanes. Occasionally I have a monster game, but most of the time it still kicks the crap out of me.
If I get more consistent with the game, I will open them up again.
The rocket shot is often so fast that it fires under my right flipper before it’s even had a chance to drop again... maybe I need to focus on quick flipping that?! It’s such a tight shot though, I find follow through helps my accuracy.

Backhanding rocket is the best and safest for me, same goes for gamora.
Even though nebula is the widest shot, I keep finding that one tricky, I do on Metallica too, same position.

Left outlane is cruel and unfair, it can jump out from a succesfull yondu shot, so closing that down a little seems fair enough in my books

#2209 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Has anybody given any thought, or come up with any solutions to the Groot hand blocking view of the Ronan insert.
I thought about a few things.
Crude solution. Remove hand and drill an angled hole through the hand and mounting plate to allow a sight line to the insert.
Slightly more elegant solution. Try to mount a small bubble mirror on top of the spinner bracket that might reflect the insert?!
Perhaps impossible solution... is there a way to tie in to the LED on the node board to add a satellite LED on top of Groot’s hand or wrist?!
Anybody?!

I am working on it, the metal bracket that the arm is attached to will be replaced by a clear plastic. Moving just the arm helped but the plate blocks the view still.

3 weeks later
#2417 5 years ago

Adding washers to bring up the magnet cores closer to the pf worked wonders on mine, and others too, balls get grabbed every time from orb and flung up ramps during its active time . I love m

Quoted from Insane:

My mag has completely grabbed the ball and held it a few times, other times it kind of diverts it. Question, shouldn't the magnet light come on when the magnet is active.

1 month later
#2663 5 years ago

Boom, my first ever full completion of any pinball machine.. everything just went right, what a rush

Second GC I scored today, and this one blew up it all up after both immolation and Xandar sjp’s

I think I have earned my right to finally unbox my iron maiden, and try to beat that !

FB2A6E46-F96F-46A3-94CD-F15DCCAA70AC (resized).jpegFB2A6E46-F96F-46A3-94CD-F15DCCAA70AC (resized).jpeg
#2681 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Those crazy scores come from not necessarily order of modes but from having successful multiballs in same ball with single shot multipliers at 3x 4x + etc and stacked with rampage double scoring.
11b and 12b is zany regardless of how game is setup, that’s like robotic accuracy and you should be competing professionally if you’re not already.
I was Orb Mb super jp away from qualifying Xandar yesterday and “only” ended up with 1.3B. My cherry bomb and immolation both sucked apparently after seeing the other scores here.

I scored a 1,5 bil game, then 3 games below 20 billion.. one 8 . This is because I stupidly decided to start those games with escape kyln for a laugh.. wasnt funny!
Then I just picked yonda, like usual, then knowhere, finished both and had groot ready, stacked that with kyln. Because I had plenty multipliers lit by then, I decided to cash in safely with quill multi. Didnt last long.. picked off antiquities with orb, which left me ready for cherry.
Made that with an 879 bil and just shy of 2 bil total.
Started playing quill solo, managed to complete it, and started groot together with nebula. I somehow find her ramp the hardest shot.. go figure.
Didnt complete it, and had two shitty house balls due to mag orb releases out the left.
Last ball, nebula, sibling and both mb’s to complete.. I thought this wont get me there, so decided to go for immolation, hadnt done that before.
Made it by the skin of my teeth, and somehow just kept hitting what I needed.
Came out with a sjp which I missed scorewise, but I was just under 3bil total.
Allright.. sibbling left to finish, and I did but as I celebrated I lost control, and it dropped out the middle grrr..
But....I was revived.., I had collected a score EB somewhere, not sure where, 8 mode completion maybe?
So, both mb’s to complete.. played both twice, so far along but both on 0 lock.
Groot first, just 5 shots, and done. Drained to 1 ball. Orb.., 9 shots.. and I made it once again, feeling like a pro now.
As I hit the super , I drained to 1 ball, the scoop lit purple , and I hit it clean.
Game paused, and looked like it was going for add-a-ball, and I thought.. noooo, ( first time for that) , but it changed its mind and started up the screen xandar intro.
I just kept hitting the right shots, reviving MB every time, and got a 1,3bil sjp at the end.

Anti-climax when you start over again with nothing lit, so I let it roll, mission achieved!

I’m selling my LE now, superb game, but I know the challenge is gone for me now. Time to fully seriously dive into new stuff. If Maiden is better, who knows..might unpack mine now. gotg is good and deep enough for most, I can only recommend it as a fun family game !

Sorry for the long story

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 28.00
$ 19.95
6,495 (Firm)
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 134.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steigerpijp.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/guardians-of-the-galaxy-owners-thread?tu=steigerpijp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.